Chitchat Let's see your pets! (≧▽≦)

Oh my gosh, what breed?! I must know for reasons. That's so cute!

She is an English Lop! They are a lot of fun! We also have a Flemish Giant and some kind of mixed mutt rabbit. English lops have a lot of personality, they're called the Labrador of the rabbit world. They can be hard to find. Make sure you talk to a reputable BREEDER and not a pet store. There can be some very bad over and interbreeding problems which lead to really bad genetic disorders...just like dogs.

She is an English Lop! They are a lot of fun! We also have a Flemish Giant and some kind of mixed mutt rabbit. English lops have a lot of personality, they're called the Labrador of the rabbit world. They can be hard to find. Make sure you talk to a reputable BREEDER and not a pet store. There can be some very bad over and interbreeding problems which lead to really bad genetic disorders...just like dogs.
I looove lops of any kind. We once took care of a French Lop, and she was an absolute mellow sweetheart~! Mom and dad even considered lifting our "No pets" rule for one. But sadly, my brother is allergic, so :/

I looove lops of any kind. We once took care of a French Lop, and she was an absolute mellow sweetheart~! Mom and dad even considered lifting our "No pets" rule for one. But sadly, my brother is allergic, so :/
Hey! When you move out! There is always the bunny option. Elops are very chill, also very goofy. They do a lot of stupid, funny stuff.

Mystery.jpg

Here's one of my pets. Her name is Mystery (Full name is Lizzie Bordan's Mystery because she has a perfect hatchet paint marking on her shoulder). She was born June 5, 2017 so she is just a year old this year, but still full of spit and vinager! I'll see if I can get some more pictures of my pets later on, but this is the only one I have on hand atm.

Here's one of my pets. Her name is Mystery (Full name is Lizzie Bordan's Mystery because she has a perfect hatchet paint marking on her shoulder). She was born June 5, 2017 so she is just a year old this year, but still full of spit and vinager! I'll see if I can get some more pictures of my pets later on, but this is the only one I have on hand atm.
\

What a sweetheart! Is she a Mini? Shetland? I had a Walker a few years ago, before that I had a Morgan.

View attachment 464125

She's so precious! I love her name!

\

What a sweetheart! Is she a Mini? Shetland? I had a Walker a few years ago, before that I had a Morgan.

She's a miniature, but pretty large for her age. She's about her momma size and her mom is 35 3/4 inches tall! A long time ago when I first started into horses, I had a paint mare and a draft paint cross gelding. What color was your walker and Morgan? Do you have any pictures of them- because I would love to see them! I think those breeds are beautiful, but they are huge from the ones I saw in my area. They actually intimidate me a little, haha!

She's so precious! I love her name!

Thanks. Before she was born, I was hoping for a little colt so I had a bunch of boy names picked out for her. When she popped out as a filly, I had to think of a new one- which I noticed her markings and chose Lizzie borden. Since her gender was a mystery at the time, I chose her barn name to be Mystery. So I combined it and got Lizzie Borden's Mystery.

fancy.jpg

Two more I own. RoRo is the blue roan paint on the left. He was the one to make me enjoy miniatures so much. He's 20 now, but he acts like a 2 year old most of the time. Mystery's mother, Fancy, is on the right. I have also 2 more miniatures and a Shetland colt, but I don't have any good images of them yet.

DSC_0002.JPG

This is one of my favorite roosters in the barn. His name is Soy (sometimes I call him 'Soy Boy' if I want to get him riled up) and he is a serama rooster. His size is literally the size of a pop can, which is why I enjoy him so much. This isn't the best picture of him as he was molting at the time, but all of my animals are put away at the moment. I have quite a few chickens, and the breeds I have are Seramas, Millie Fleur D'uccles, Modern Games, Ameraucanas, Cochins, and Silver Laced Wyandotes.

She's a miniature, but pretty large for her age. She's about her momma size and her mom is 35 3/4 inches tall! A long time ago when I first started into horses, I had a paint mare and a draft paint cross gelding. What color was your walker and Morgan? Do you have any pictures of them- because I would love to see them! I think those breeds are beautiful, but they are huge from the ones I saw in my area. They actually intimidate me a little, haha!

This is one of my favorite roosters in the barn. His name is Soy (sometimes I call him 'Soy Boy' if I want to get him riled up) and he is a serama rooster. His size is literally the size of a pop can, which is why I enjoy him so much. This isn't the best picture of him as he was molting at the time, but all of my animals are put away at the moment. I have quite a few chickens, and the breeds I have are Seramas, Millie Fleur D'uccles, Modern Games, Ameraucanas, Cochins, and Silver Laced Wyandotes.

OHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!! I LOVETHEM!!!! I have chickens too! I have a mixed flock of fancy babies and muscovy ducks :3 They are just the absolute best. I love them so much.

OHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!! I LOVETHEM!!!! I have chickens too! I have a mixed flock of fancy babies and muscovy ducks :3 They are just the absolute best. I love them so much.

Thanks! They get pretty spoiled at the house haha. You own chickens? What breeds do you have! Muscovy ducks are pretty darn cool too, but I always heard they are territorial. Is that true? Though, chickens are like potato chips. As soon as you have one, you might as well take another 20! They are so addicting to own :D

Thanks! They get pretty spoiled at the house haha. You own chickens? What breeds do you have! Muscovy ducks are pretty darn cool too, but I always heard they are territorial. Is that true? Though, chickens are like potato chips. As soon as you have one, you might as well take another 20! They are so addicting to own :D

Heck yes they are. Chickens are an addiction. I have Silver Lace Wyandottes, Rhode Island Reds, Araucana, Astralops, Barred Rock, White Plymouth Rock, and Black Copper Marans! I am going to be getting some Jersey Giants pretty soon, maybe some Salmon Faverolles too.

The Muscovies are huge pushovers! They aren't territorial at all.

Heck yes they are. Chickens are an addiction. I have Silver Lace Wyandottes, Rhode Island Reds, Araucana, Astralops, Barred Rock, White Plymouth Rock, and Black Copper Marans! I am going to be getting some Jersey Giants pretty soon, maybe some Salmon Faverolles too.

The Muscovies are huge pushovers! They aren't territorial at all.

Sounds like you got a nice sized flock! And very varied. Oh goodness, you have black copper marans! Have you ever tried to play a prank with someone and switched out their Easter candy with copper maran eggs? Jersey Giants I have never owned, as I do bantam breeds and worry that bigger birds would kill them. But I did own Salmon Faverolles! You should definitely get some as they are the sweetest little (or big if you want standards) I have ever met. They are very relaxed and always want to snuggle up to you or crawl on your lap. They were a favorite at the barn till I noticed how much they cost to try to get the show quality ones. Then I kind of slowly went away from them. But for pets, they are amazing and make nice eggs, even for bantams.

Really? I may get some then the next show I go to. I have a goose that needs a friend and they always look so cool, like some battle scarred villain. Of course, I stayed away from them from what I heard people say in my area. I guess I'll just have to try the breed out and see if they are right for me!

Sounds like you got a nice sized flock! And very varied. Oh goodness, you have black copper marans! Have you ever tried to play a prank with someone and switched out their Easter candy with copper maran eggs?
Really? I may get some then the next show I go to. I have a goose that needs a friend and they always look so cool, like some battle scarred villain. Of course, I stayed away from them from what I heard people say in my area. I guess I'll just have to try the breed out and see if they are right for me!

My Maran eggs don't get that dark! They're super cool, very dark, but usually they are speckled. I do have an olive egger and an ultra blue. The Jersey Giants are SO sweet. Oh my gosh, they are just the best chickens. Its like carrying around an enormous black feather duster or pillow. They like to be carried to the mailbox or sit on my lap in the garden.

My Maran eggs don't get that dark! They're super cool, very dark, but usually they are speckled. I do have an olive egger and an ultra blue. The Jersey Giants are SO sweet. Oh my gosh, they are just the best chickens. Its like carrying around an enormous black feather duster or pillow. They like to be carried to the mailbox or sit on my lap in the garden.

Aw, I was thinking yours was making really dark eggs. My mind always think of chocolate dark eggs when ever I hear 'Copper Maran' XD Woops! I apologize for jumping to conclusions. Ooh, that sounds pretty. It has been a long time since I had a hen lay colored eggs. My last hen kind of switched back and forth between light blue eggs and light green, but I never experienced something darker than that. It must be nice going out to see all the different color of eggs! I can believe it! I kind of noticed the bigger the chickens are, the more laid back they tend to be. Haha, I can also believe them being a huge pillow for you. If it isn't rude of me, I would love to see your flock! is it possible for you to put pictures up of them? Because I would love to see them :D

Aw, I was thinking yours was making really dark eggs. My mind always think of chocolate dark eggs when ever I hear 'Copper Maran' XD Woops! I apologize for jumping to conclusions. Ooh, that sounds pretty. It has been a long time since I had a hen lay colored eggs. My last hen kind of switched back and forth between light blue eggs and light green, but I never experienced something darker than that. It must be nice going out to see all the different color of eggs! I can believe it! I kind of noticed the bigger the chickens are, the more laid back they tend to be. Haha, I can also believe them being a huge pillow for you. If it isn't rude of me, I would love to see your flock! is it possible for you to put pictures up of them? Because I would love to see them :D

I WISH they got that dark, that would be so cool. I thought they would! But then again I only have two of them. Im sure having more genetic diversity is a contributing factor. Yeah! I will get some pictures of them ASAP! I have tons on my phone.

We have four cats, soon to be five.

Coco is my avatar, and she is our spazziest, and also our only food-motivated cat.

This is Joker. I think he aspires to be a flamenco dancer.
View attachment IMG_20180818_100538570_HDR.jpg

This is Diana, our floofiest floof.
View attachment IMG_20180818_164456155.jpg

This is Gurgi, who thinks he's a dog and wants to play fetch all day. This is one of his rare "snuggle me" moments.
View attachment IMG_20180913_172102387.jpg

And this is Beans, soon to be our newest, addition.
View attachment IMG_20180912_200646798.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back