• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Let's hang out

TurtleBay

Mucho de Nada
Hey everyone, I'm TB, and I'm out to find someone who's willing to indulge me in my quest to find someone with whom I can rp/hang out.

I'm looking for a more mature individual with whom to converse and/or roleplay. A person with ideas they want to try out, as I have no strong preferences at the moment.

Little about myself:

I'm a pretty chill person, and it's difficult to get me upset, especially something over roleplays. I am very good at coming up with ideas and brainstorming, and this can be a bit intimidating to some people. If you don't like ideas I throw out, that's fine, I won't get hurt by rejections. If any problem arises, just talk it out with me. I'm an honest person, if I don't think we'll get along, I'll let you know.

I will not encroach on your personal space and privacy and demand to know much about your life, as I expect you to do the same for me. This doesn't mean that we can't chit-chat outside of rps.

My schedule is not set in stone and is kind of hectic, so I will respond to rps when I can. Sometimes, this may be within several minutes to a couple of days. I will let you know if my responses will be slower than that.

Roleplay Stuff:

I have nothing specific in mind, throw in your ideas, and I'll let you know if I'm up for it.

As far as lengths go, it seems many people are concerned by this, I'm not too stringent. I can do any length, any format. I don't consider myself a writer, so please excuse my inability to write up a beautiful prose. I will do my best to write as error free as possible. I am open to critiques on how to better approach rps, and will rewrite posts to better match story/plot. I believe in story/plot before characters, but I am more than willing to just do sitcom, silly character interaction rps.

But please, have something in mind. I will help drive the plot, but I really am not looking to be the one driving this.

Just let me know what your rules are, and I'll go along with the flow.

Instead of stuff that I am willing to rp, here are some of the stuff I am unwilling to rp(list may change):

Smut/erotic, furries, very young children, fandoms

I'm not looking for too many rps. I consider this as a trial phase. We try something out, and if it don't work, it don't work.

Worldbuilding Stuff:

Wanna just talk about ideas? I'm open for that. Feel free to message me or start talking about it in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any set in stone role play ideas, but I'm interested in having a role play partner to explore ideas. I'd PM you, but I'm a new member. We should brainstorm sometime. [:

Benjammin said:
I don't have any set in stone role play ideas, but I'm interested in having a role play partner to explore ideas. I'd PM you, but I'm a new member. We should brainstorm sometime. [:
Sounds like a plan. I'm a new member as well. You're welcome to write it here, or I'll PM you as soon as I can!

Do you have anything in mind? Oh, would you prefer a long role play or multiple short role plays, or?

Benjammin said:
Do you have anything in mind? Oh, would you prefer a long role play or multiple short role plays, or?
I don't really have much of a preference. What works is what works. And as far as plots/stories/etc., I'm up for anything.

TurtleBay said:
I don't really have much of a preference. What works is what works. And as far as plots/stories/etc., I'm up for anything.
Oh boy, I don't mind either. The possibilities are endless. We could do private investigators checking out a haunted house where a kid died and there's rumors of real ghosts, we could do two teenagers dabbling in dark arts who accidentally summon their own demon, we could do a bank robbery hostage situation where two adults end up falling in love and plot twist, one dies, or we could do...So many options!

Benjammin said:
Oh boy, I don't mind either. The possibilities are endless. We could do private investigators checking out a haunted house where a kid died and there's rumors of real ghosts, we could do two teenagers dabbling in dark arts who accidentally summon their own demon, we could do a bank robbery hostage situation where two adults end up falling in love and plot twist, one dies, or we could do...So many options!
Those are a few options, yes.

Private investigators - perhaps detectives? Rivals? A strong, female detective and a clumsy make detective?

Two teenagers dabbling in dark arts - best friends who are into roleplaying find a book in a corner of an old bookstore owned by an eccentric old man. They summon a demon who creates silly fiascos.

Bank robbery - a guy/girl who's been hitting up on a teller for a while. The guy/girl was going to ask the teller out finally when the heist happens.

And more possibilities, indeed.

TurtleBay said:
Those are a few options, yes.
Private investigators - perhaps detectives? Rivals? A strong, female detective and a clumsy make detective?

Two teenagers dabbling in dark arts - best friends who are into roleplaying find a book in a corner of an old bookstore owned by an eccentric old man. They summon a demon who creates silly fiascos.

Bank robbery - a guy/girl who's been hitting up on a teller for a while. The guy/girl was going to ask the teller out finally when the heist happens.

And more possibilities, indeed.
The rival detective's sounds pretty cool, actually. Perhaps they end up stuck in the haunted house (as in, the fun ones, not like a rumored haunted house just in case that wasn't clear, lol) and they're being chased by the unknown and one of the characters believes in ghost and the other is avidly a non-believer. Perhaps there are trials? They definitely would have to help each other... Would you like to continue with this?

Benjammin said:
The rival detective's sounds pretty cool, actually. Perhaps they end up stuck in the haunted house (as in, the fun ones, not like a rumored haunted house just in case that wasn't clear, lol) and they're being chased by the unknown and one of the characters believes in ghost and the other is avidly a non-believer. Perhaps there are trials? They definitely would have to help each other... Would you like to continue with this?
Sounds good to me. I wasn't sure about the haunted house, but thanks for clarifying that for me. Let me see if I can you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back