• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Let's Call on the Greeks

Kerishea

Read More.
I am looking for a very specific type of role-play with a specific plot. I have currently fallen in love with Greek mythology and had a dream that spurred the idea for an RP. The plot is as follows:

Ares, the God of War, had a half-blood son who knows of his parentage and, despite Zeus' commands, reaches out to his son on occasion. There is a quaint little coffee shop that serves all, but happen to have a speciality for serving their half-blood customers. One of the baristas starts to fall in love with Ares' son but before anything can really begin, Ares steps in and shuts it down, knowing the young woman has a secret. His son breaks things off and she tells him to stay out of the shop and away from him.

Her secret is that she is a siren. Of course with the son being only half-blood he can't quite tell what is different about her and attributes his feelings simply to the fact that she is beautiful and kind.

Irritated with Ares' intrusion into their lives, she calls him out and threatens him and, because no many is impervious to the charm of a siren, he objliges. Ares retracts his ban between the two but warns his son of her dangers without actually telling him what she is. Curious he confronts her and she tells him what she is. Furious Ares' son doesn't believe that his feelings for her were genuine and is convinced that he was under her spell the entire time. To help him understand, she shows him what it's like to be under the spell of a siren.

Of course while all of this is going on Zeus is overseeing it and calls the siren forth to Olympus to discuss her threatening the God of War and so he can uncover her intentions wth the half-blood.

There is some wiggle room here but for the most part this is what I'm looking for. Here are a few other important things:

1) You must have a competent understanding of greek mythology in order for this to work. I don't want to have to explain who's who all the time

2) I will be playing the siren (this is non-negotiable)

3) I'm a teacher which means i can't always be online but I try to check-in at least once a day.

4) I hate hate hate the new update as notifications rarely work for me. If you are willing I'd much prefer to RP via e-mail.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

It's been 5 hours. Try bumping after a week. I'd be tempted, but need to see how my new RP schedule is going to pan out. 

Hmmm, is email a deal-breaker? I like the formatting of PM/forum better because it's easier to look back at earlier posts to ensure continuity.

I'd enjoy the chance to review Greek mythology again. Any particular reference website that you'd like to use as a definitive canon? Every source enjoys putting its own spin on it.

I'm open to PM, for sure. I just find sometimes I don't get notifications so it becomes a bit tricky. I do my best to check daily though.

I have a book that I use, but greekmythology.com is fabulous- I plan on using it in my classroom as my reference for my students.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back