• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Let Me Go [TAKEN]

Matreania

Expect the unexpected, it expects you
Merek sighed as he watched the gate, it was somethings mall, nothing like the country’s wall, but he still had to protect it. His mind wondered as he waited for nothing. It was a quiet night and he hadn’t heard from Azalea in so long he was afraid that something might have happened. But if it had, Alec would have at least sent word. Azalea had so much in the town, he wouldn’t be surprised if she had her focus between her work and what she wanted. He might hear from her soon, he wasn’t after to wait. He had waited this long.

Looking out into the night he wondered what his beloved would be doing. Would she be thinking of him when she looked at the night? Would she be looking at the same stars as he was? He missed home, holding her in his arms and what she would be doing with her medicines? He motioned to a vile on his neck, she had given it to him and he knew that it was very important. It was the only way he would be getting back to her, if things got too hard. He sighed as he thought of how worried she had been, when he took her place instead. Azalea was very powerful but not as much as a combat magic that was trained for something worse the war. He took her place to makes sure she stayed safe and that was what he was doing now.

Alec stopped at Azalea’s door and knock, “Azalea? I am just coming to check on you.” He announced. He had been checking in on her for so long now. He smirked as he thought of how close he had become to her. But still she hung on the Merek as a letch. He sighed, he would have to find a way around that. He wanted Merek to know he had taken her from him and he wanted him to witness it. Almost as much as he wanted Mere to know, it was his own absence that had made it possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Azalea spent nearly every night Merek had been gone out in her yard looking up at the moon. She was sure Merek would be seeing the same moon, and that gave her some solace. It was an odd way for her to be connected to him. Then during the day she focused on her shop. She worked mostly with medicine and she helped people however she could.

Even so every free moment she had she found her thoughts were on Merek. She missed him terribly. Her heart ached when she thought of him. She missed having him hold her and be with her. She often wondered if he was doing alright. She was always afraid he would get hurt. She knew he was strong and powerful. But war brought devastation. She just hoped it wouldn't bring it to her.

She had been getting closer to Alec though. He was a good friend and it was nice to have him around. He had even delivered her letter to Merek for her. Though she had not heard back from Merek and it constantly worried her. But then she had to be hopeful that maybe the letters were just not getting to him and not that something had happened.

She was put in her garden using her magic to help with some of her plants when she heard Alec knock. She was concentrating and in the middle of a task so she just called out to him. "It's open Alec, I'm out back!" She calls out distractedly as she focused more on her magic.

Alec opened the door and poked his head through, before he stepped in. he smirked at her, when he finally got to the back. “I see you are keeping busy. I’m sorry, but no word from Merek just yet.” He lied effectively. He was a dear friend of Merek, which made befriending Elizabeth in his absence so much easier. He was honestly sure that if he wanted to, he could make her believe Merek was killed. But that meant that Merek would have to never return, which he obviously would.

He was a stubborn soldier and Alec had no idea how a man can be so attached to someone. He sighed, as he walked over to her, “How are you doing? I know it’s been a while. You must be so worried.” He said concerned, hiding his smirk. “Can I help? It’s been a little nerve ricking as I wait. I just don’t know how to deal with it.”

Azalea looked up as he came over and smiled a little. But her smile quickly faded when he let her know there was still no word from her beloved. She looked back to her plants to hide her disappointment and worry. She bit her lip and then finally sat back on her heels and looked up to him.

She shrugged some. "I'm worried sick for him. Why hasn't he written back to me? I've sent him countless letters, they told me the barracks I could send them to. He's supposed to get it once a week." She says, swallowing hard. She gave him a small smile. "You must be worried too though, you're his best friend. How have you seemed to be dealing with it so well?"

Alec smirked, “To be honest I haven’t really.” He chuckled, he knew he had to be the broken friend, “I have to stay string for you, though. I would never hear the end of it if Merek knew I broke down when you needed me.” He sighed, as he moved towards her, he sat next to him, placing his hand on hers, “I don’t want to believe it, but I fear the worse when I wake to find he still hasn’t sent word.”

She gently took his hands in hers and squeezed them lightly. Then she leaned into him and hugged him. She couldn't help it, she was so worried it was making her sick to think of am everything had that could have happened. "I do too Alec. Are you sure there is no other way we can try to reach him?" She asks quietly.

Alec looked at her and thought about what she was asking and bite his lip, “I don’t think so, but I can ask a few costumers to see if I can find a way. It would be really nice to know that he is okay and safe.” He sighed, and looked at the room, “It must be kind of empty here. You know I can stay if you want me too. You just have to say so.” He offered. The chance to be close to her was a good way to get her attention, he would take it from Merek one way or another.

Azalea smiled gently and sweetly kissed his cheek. "Alec as much as I love that offer you know that wouldn't be a good idea. It's not proper for you to stay with me when I'm with Merek and we don't want to give people the wrong idea." She says with a sweet smile. She sighed. "I know you're just trying to be considerate Alec and I appreciate it so, so much." She adds.

Alec nodded, “Okay, if that’s what you want.” He wanted to snap at her, he would make sure that Merek didn’t come back. He wanted so much to keep Merek, but he knew that would make Azalea stick to her beloved even more. No, he need to get rid of the soldier before he makes her think that he abandoned her and she started to heal, into his arms.

She smiled again and then sighed. She got to her feet, keeping his hands in hers to urge him to stand with her. "Come, I'll make you some dinner. You can at least stay for that can't you?" She asks. "Besides, it's the least I can do for my best friend." She adds with another smile.

Alec smirked, it was genuine, her best friend would be able to do a lot more than just her loves best friend. He nodded, as he got to his feet, “Yeah, that sounds like something that I would be a fool to refuse.”

She laughed some and lead him back into the kitchen and dining area and then let his hand go to start cooking. "Is there anything in particular you're craving?" She asks him with a sweet smile, looking to him. She was glad he was here. Guiltily she would much rather Merek, but Alec was a good friend and she was glad to have someone.

Alec just smirked, shaking his head, “Whatever you want to make is fine with me, I honestly don’t think I have any cravings at the moment.” He chuckled as he looked at her. He watched her, he needed to study her and find a way to get to her, take her from Merek.

She smiled and then nodded. Moving about to see what she had. But then she realized she hadn't actually gone to get food in some time. She'd been so busy, and done what she could to keep her mind occupied that buying more food hadn't been on her mind. She looked back to Alec and gave him a sheepish smile. "What if instead I treat you to dinner at your place of choice?" She asks, smiling a little more.

Alec chuckled, nodding, “Of course, it would be good to have a woman’s touch at home for even an hour or so.” He commented and thought it was a good chance for him to get closer to her. He needed to be careful, he needed to pull her closer to him, not push her away. He would find a way to get through to her, in some way, even if he had to force her to.

She smiled. "Alright, then we'll go to your place and I'll still make dinner for you." She says. She moved over to him, smiling again as she linked her arm with his in a manner that would still be appropriate. "Thank you Alec, for being such a good friend." She says. She was sure she said it every day. But it couldn't go unnoticed.

Alec smirked at her as he started out, opening the door for her, “Of course. How could I let my best friend’s love be alone at a time like this.” He stated, before walking out with her. He sighed “We should probably make it fast, it might get too late if we don’t and I can’t let you walk home when it’s so late. Merek would never forgive me.”

She smiled some but then nodded. "I suppose that's true. And I don't want to have to make you walk me all the way home and then back to your place so late into the night either. Even if I know you're capable of taking care of yourself." She says with a smile.

Alec chuckled, “Well, your safety is my safety. We both know what Merek will do if he finds one hair out of place.” He teased, smiling at her, before they came to view of his front door. I’m really amazed at eth two of you, to be so in love in this mess and even apart.”

She couldn't help smiling at his first comment and then even more at his second. "Before I met Merek I wouldn't have been able to believe it. But it's just so...different with him." She says. "I love him so much and I know he loves me the same." She looked to him and smiled. "I know you'll find someone like that too."

Alec wanted to growl, but he just smirked at her, it was annoying the way they loved each other. It was probably the one thing of Merek he didn't want. He did want Azalea, but he only wanted her to take her from Merek. "I am sure that I will." he smirked at her and sighed, "Until then, I will just have to watch and study the two of you." he teased.

She giggled some. "Perhaps so." She says with a grin. She looked around. "So, what would you like me to make you for dinner?" She asks.

Alec smirked, shrugging as they got to his front door. He opened the door, "It don't really matter to me, this was your idea."

She laughed some and banked him as she stepped in. She went to his kitchen and looked around and then tarted to pull some things out to make dinner.

Alec sighed as he moved to the kitchen, "I'm going to see if there is any way to find out about Merek. I have been sending owls out, maybe one has gotten back." he stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back