[Legends of the North] [Zyers] Wizard in the Tower

Zyers, enigmactically

"Solve the mystery of your summoning."

Zyers left Tempul's abode and walked briskly back to his office. Laying a single strand of hair on his desk, he passed his hand over it, feeling for the touch of Essence. What other property of her hair could have set off that summoning?

I edited the part in my office out of the last post into this one. I'm fine pushing it further along if Tempul has more to say. I'm considering the above a test for talisman-ness of Tempul's hair and then thinking of other tests that would make sense. I don't give any hint I plan to visit her mother.

You don't perceive any lingering power in the hair, but as you pass your hand over it it seems to move a bit. After a few more tests to make sure there isn't a draft you prove to yourself that the hair must have some limited capability for movement. It seems Tempul may have a secret weapon for managing to have vibrant full hair after a nights long study. Eh, or perhaps other more relevant to the issue things as well.

neat ability and just confirmation that something is up and the spirit was possibly actually right about the whole hair thing, meybe a bit of a hint as well... ;-)

The evening fog is thick and imparts a certain damp chill to your outer layers. As you walk you hear the sounds of a scuffle somewhere in the distance, but evenly spaced Cherak guardsmen ensure that this quarter of town stays relatively free from the violence elsewhere in the city.

You arrive at the Furious Squid and find that though it is late the bar is still full. Traffic through the port is at a frenzied pace as merchantmen everywhere try to move goods through Cherak before autumn storms. This bar though, is of a higher caliber than most sailors would find. Here you can see merchants and several members of House Ferem. Taking a moment to look around you see the woman you are looking for at a table with two of her girlfriends. A barback eyes you expectantly.

"Runner, I'll have the An-Teng port-wine." Zyers hands him a small jade script "And tell me what those ladies have been drinking."

I assume I know Tempul's mother's name? It's a small society, the Cheraki Dragon-Blooded. Do I recognize any of her girlfriends?

The young man nods and adds, "The house red, sir," before disappearing to collect the bottle you requested.

sorry for the delay.. names are hard. >.< Tempul's mother is Ferrena, accompanied by Keisha and Rowan. All dragon-blooded and all looking like they have been in out of the cold for awhile.

Zyers makes his way over to Ferrena's table and initiates conversation as an equal. "The comfort of a known wine warms the soul as well as the body. I hope whatever took you out into the cold was worth the trouble." The runner arrives with his wine "By contrast the exotic is a welcome jar from complacency. Rather like Tempul's father?" Zyers raises a suggestive eyebrow. "Ferrena, may I join your party while you tell me that story?" Zyer's indicates the fourth seat at the table with his hand.

The table bursts into choked laughter and giggles and Ferrena scoots halfway off her chair to make room for you. "You can join my party any day handsome." Rowan leans in and whispers something about your ass to the rest of the group and they all laugh.

"How did you meet him? What most impressed you?" Zyers took his seat. "Did your family give you trouble for chasing a spirit?" He smiled, anticipating ribald and embarrassing details, as well as romantic ones.

As soon as you sit Ferrena, begins teasing and poking at your hair and generally keeping her hands all over you. Keisha laughs, "I think he wants to interrogate you, Feri." Gasping and laughing with the others 'Feri' whispers in your ear, "What most impressed me was his handsome face." She traces the frame of your jaw. "And other.. alluring features"

Uh, so, they are a little distracted.. poor Zyers. If you think he wouldn't quite pick up on that, then you can roll charisma, perception or wits plus socialize.

You'll have to find some way to get her more on topic. She's certainly drunk enough though.

"I've read of wind spirits, whose flight could shame the proudest bird. They summon the very wind they ride on." Zyers makes a 'whoosh' sound and wiggles his fingers in an amusing way. "Cold winds, warm winds, winds only for one sail. I've read of a spirit impregnating a mortal with a wind - I hope you had a ... longer and more satisfactory experience." He pauses for the titters of laughter. "Some even know Sorcery and can summon more tangential things. What charm did he use to summon you?"

After another exchange of flirting Zyers both of Feri's friends get up to use the restroom. He lets his easy smile fade and levels a serious look at Ferrena.

"Feri - Ferrena, It's about your daughter, Tempul. She's somehow eclipsed her studies and summoned a being of unknown origin. I can only keep this from her file and my superiors for so long before 'mysterious summon' makes the rounds. Everyone will assume it's a demon, and since she's not on the White Registry or trained in that Art she'll be deemed a danger to herself and my unit, possibly compromised. The episode is spreading among the rank and file as we speak - she had several witnesses. Due to her lack of Exaltation, my suspicions start with her spirit father, whose entry in Tempul's file is so sparse I don't even know his name. You and Tempul may have had a reason to keep quiet before, but now that I have to find out what that thing was for Tempul's safety and career, and possibly the safety of Cherak I must know everything you can tell of this spirit."

Zyers, being brought up in more or less Dynastic Dragon-Blooded society, would understand the shameless flirting. I wish I could find the reference, but it was something along the lines of '[Dynastic] Dragon-Blooded think of sex as just a physical form of play'. Zyers plans to flirt, but not play, if you will. Roll of Glorious Divinity talks about non-sex impregnation by spirits in the first half of the book, iirc. Zyers is playing on the double meaning of the word 'Charm' in the Exalted setting above.

You could consider this a double post, and fill in the 'another exchange' before we get on-topic. I feel that Zyers would socialize a bit more before going SRS BSNS, and let Ferenna tell her friends or not at her discretion.

I love the nickname Feri, btw. It adds character.

Users who are viewing this thread