• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legacy the Re:start

Darkbloom

Storm King of Superheroes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It is a beautiful day in the town of Hollow Creek. People going about their daily lives, shopping, eating something, getting a haircut. The one unique thing about this town is a game called Cardfight Vanguard. More specifically, one of the residents whose name is Thomas Carter, has taken the entire world of vanguard by storm. In fact, anyone who isn't wandering outside is watching his current match on the TV. This is the match that will officially turn him into a professional vanguard player if he wins. His parents for sure are glued to the TV screen, intently watching every single detail they can take in. There are even TVs on sale at the store showing this match.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

At a certain spot in the city of Hollow Creek, a Green haired girl was watching the match using her iPhone. While she watched the match, she was under a bridge, leaning against the wall of it.
"Thomas's been on a winning streak for a long while now. I wanna meet him just to see what he's like in person. Maybe after the match, when he'll win?"
The girl thought to herself. She took a deckbox out to look at it as she heard the game go on. It was blue with a gold nation symbol on the top.

On the field, Thomas grins. It's his turn, his opponent is at three damage with five cards in hand. Thomas has been keeping track of the cards played and kept in hand for his opponent, quite sure there's no way his opponent can withstand his next attack. "I DRAW!" He looks at his final card and smirks. "FINAL TURN!" The crowd gasps. Everyone knows Thomas only says this if he means it. The card he drew was his second copy of Wings with Rainbow Glow, Erimuel. "Persona ride Holy-angel of Blessings, Alestiel! My entire front row gains ten thousand power!" He calls more units to the front row and one behind the vanguard. "I call Erimuel! Using her skill I counterblast one card and give one of my front row units five thousand power and one critical! And ONE MORE TIME!" He calls a second copy of Erimuel, which allows him to give two different units the same skill since his rearguards all have odd grades.

"Here it is! His dual wing technique! His opponent is definitely not gonna pull through!"
The girl was fired up. This was the type of playstyle that drew her attention to Thomas in the first place.
"Kick his butt Tommy!"
That's the nickname the green haired girl uses for him.​

His light blue eyes sparkled when the stadium lights landed on him at the start of his battle phase. "Alestiel attacks the vanguard!" It was 31,000 power with two critical. If this attack hit, his opponent would end up with five damage. Hold up. Something felt off to Thomas. He couldn't exactly place what it was. But it started affecting his play. The opponent chose not to guard, which was risky. Thomas still had one or two critical triggers somewhere in his deck. "Drive check!" He reveals the top card. No trigger. "Second check..." He reveals the top card once more. Again, no trigger. His opponent puts two cards in the damage zone, one of which is a fifth damage heal trigger, allowing him to recover one damage to remain at four total. By now all color from Thomas' face has drained, and he lacks the excitement he had going into the turn. "Alestiel's skill..." He finds a copy of the original Alestiel and rides it on the vanguard. This gives the front row another ten thousand power for a total boost of twenty thousand. "Alestiel attacks the vanguard." Easily guarded. No trigger on the drive check. "Next, the rearguard attacks..." The rearguards were up in the forty thousand power range, but these were easily dealt with. "What... Happened...?" Thomas falls to the ground on his knees as the opponent started his turn and won the game with no resistance. If anyone was watching closely, they could see a particular swirl of colors in the opponent's eyes on his turn. The crowd couldn't believe their eyes. Neither could anyone else watching at home or on the streets. When Thomas finally stood up, the crowd had left and the cameras had stopped recording. He turned around and walked out of the stadium, leaving his cards on the fight table.

"..... I don't believe it."
The girl was silent for a bit, before turning her phone screen off and sighing..
"It was pretty entertaining though. If I see Tommy in person, I gotta fight him!"
The girl would then start heading home.

(The next day)
The girl was asleep, drool dribbling out from the corner of her mouth, when the light turned on.
"Wake up sleepy head!"
A youthful voice chimed before the girl felt something heavy jump up and down on her. The girl opened her eyes with a look of drowsiness as she looked up to find her little brother, with short red hair, grinning with closed eyes.
"You're finally awake, Hikari!"

"Morning to you too, Lynardo." Hikari replied, before she got out of bed. Her brother left the room before she got changed, and soon she was in her school uniform, and everything she needed was on her, including her deck for the Cardfight club. After she got her breakfast, she ran out of the door and down the street, with a piece of toast in her mouth as she sprinted.
"I have to get to school early! I don't wanna be late!"
She thought.​

Hokkaido Wakkanai High School is where Hikari is running to. Is she trying to go early to make it on time for the early morning cardfights at her club? Maybe. The cardfight club isn't too big, but a small group is still fun. Club member numbers tend to stay within 7-8 people. Most club members are dedicated to one single nation while the club president is always trying new nations and ride lines. Speaking of which, the president is helping new players learn the game while Hikari is on her way to school. "So the point of Approaching Fangs, Kheios is to get thirteen cards into your soul." Ohara Hideaki was the club president's name. He looks through the new member's deck, shaking his head. "This is no good! You don't have enough units that generate soul for Kheios's skill! Come along, I bought the new case. It has useful cards for Kheios including Soul Oratorio, Kheios! He's quite a beastly card if I do say so myself." Hideaki excused himself and the new member using Kheios from the current cardfight, promising to return. He takes a moment to look out the window, wondering if Hikari would be showing up at some point.

Last edited:
At the time, I was working. I can expand on it after I'm off the clock today. Not much longer. When it's updated I'll leave a reaction for you.

Hikari would arrive at the entrance to the club room, a little exhausted from her race to the school. She raised a hand and waved.
"Morning Hideaki!" Hikari then saw the case in the room.
"Ooh! New cards?"
She asked the president.
"Think the case will have stuff to upgrade my deck?"​

Hideaki visibly brightened when he saw Hikaru burst through the door, nearly out of breath. "Hikari! Let's see... Possibly." He walks to a table with the entire contents of the box laying on it. The commons are separated by the more rare cards, which feature upgrades and support for the set five case that came out a few years ago, which consisted of Kheios, Thegrea, Eva, Rorowa, and Tamayura. "Keter..." He mumbles to himself while looking at the cards. "If you're using a Thegrea deck then I have a lot for ya. The only other deck for keter in this case is gold paladin, a special release from the old days. And the others might work, depending on what you want your deck to accomplish. Some support for Gramgrace, Minerva, Youthberk, and I've seen a small amount of cards here for Hexa-Orb."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back