• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom π–‘π–Šπ–†π–›π–Šπ–˜ 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 π–™π–π–Š π–›π–Žπ–“π–Š | π–™π–Šπ–’π–•π–”π–—π–†π–—π–ž π–”π–”π–ˆ

Lore
Here
Other
Here
Omg DW!! I can always extend the deadline for you, especially since you're on a trip. Just lemme know how many more days you feel you need ~
thank you so much!!
i'll probably let you know closer to the date, but i imagine i'd only need another day or two beyond the given date.

i'm not too worried though because i have most of the cs already done, but just in case.

Quick Question, considering evolution of technology. Would rudimentary guns (Arquebus) be a thing?
I'd say at this point in time, perhaps a few Fire Nation inventors do have prototypes for arquebus type arms, but as weapons of war, they were abandoned and sealed away by Zuko. If the old regime in the Fire Nation hadn't toppled over and if Azula had won the civil war instead of Zuko, we would have seen widespread industrial creation/usage of such technology

cc34d106fcbc697977619d9f98cb41a1.gif

While you were making guns, I was studying the way of the blade

I'd say at this point in time, perhaps a few Fire Nation inventors do have prototypes for arquebus type arms, but as weapons of war, they were abandoned and sealed away by Zuko. If the old regime in the Fire Nation hadn't toppled over and if Azula had won the civil war instead of Zuko, we would have seen widespread industrial creation/usage of such technology
Would it be possible to have one given particular circumstances?

Would it be possible to have one given particular circumstances?
A fully functional, non prototype arquebus gun right off the bat? Most likely not; despite the transparency of knowledge now between nations, King Kuei and Zuko aren't exactly chummy, so Zuko himself would seal away that kind of tech very well.

However, seeing as you're applying for an ASHINA CADET role, I can see it possible that your character has access to some smuggled blueprints via the Ashina Company's black market connections, and so if they have that engineering knack, they can try and have their own prototype of an arquebus gun. I'd caution against making it fully functional off the bat, it can be like a side project your character is consistently making tweaks on, etc;

What role(s) you're thinking to apply for?
Hey, I'm just a spectator for now; but ATLA has been a hood classic for me, we'd marathon the series constantly when I was growing up and I recently rewatched the last book. The worldbuilding in this show blows me away even after all these years.

What did you think of the Netflix adaptation so far?
As someone with second- and third-degree scars, Zuko's makeup is awful. No offense to the makeup artist or the production team but if the show is more vivid in its display of a burn scar, then the live action adaptation should've knocked this one out of the ballpark. It's such a potent and story important aspect of the dude's design.

What bender would you wanna be?
Growing up I always liked the idea of water bending. Yes, I was the doofus kid using my arm to wave the water around, pretending I was water bending in the pool. But now, I vibe with fire bending or earth bending due to the fighting styles their based on.

Ngl I like firebending a lot and it’s a close contender for waterbending.

Also, spectate away! You will witness the greatness of the blade with my character (assuming I get accepted.)

Also, hello! Welcome!

Ngl I like firebending a lot and it’s a close contender for waterbending.

Also, spectate away! You will witness the greatness of the blade with my character (assuming I get accepted.)

Also, hello! Welcome!
I look forward to it, I hope you get accepted as well. And thank you.

Also, if I could play any character. I'd actually want to play as the large scholar owl; Wan Shi Tong of the library that was buried beneath sand. I'm currently trying to read through all the lore and roles of this roleplay so I'm not sure if he's already been mentioned. But he was my favorite spirit the gang encountered.

Last edited:
Finally posted something. Took me a couple of hours just trying to find an image, and it is for the moment placeholder. Just a general idea of what I had in mind for her.

hello I'm interested in snagging the son of katara and jet, something about making a child with his father's sense of morals and his mother's rage/passion does it for me, I'm on the hunt for an appropriate non-AI image, and best of luck to everyone applying, I haven't watched the live action I like to think the animated ATLA is the only one so that I can remain sane (:​

Finally posted something. Took me a couple of hours just trying to find an image, and it is for the moment placeholder. Just a general idea of what I had in mind for her.
I am so sorry in advance but I am 100% having my guy call her Jing Jing every chance he gets. It'll be subtle. Unexpected. She'll never know when the nickname will strike next! LOL

It's such a good nickname!

What role(s) you're thinking to apply for?
Hey, I'm just a spectator for now; but ATLA has been a hood classic for me, we'd marathon the series constantly when I was growing up and I recently rewatched the last book. The worldbuilding in this show blows me away even after all these years.

What did you think of the Netflix adaptation so far?
As someone with second- and third-degree scars, Zuko's makeup is awful. No offense to the makeup artist or the production team but if the show is more vivid in its display of a burn scar, then the live action adaptation should've knocked this one out of the ballpark. It's such a potent and story important aspect of the dude's design.

What bender would you wanna be?
Growing up I always liked the idea of water bending. Yes, I was the doofus kid using my arm to wave the water around, pretending I was water bending in the pool. But now, I vibe with fire bending or earth bending due to the fighting styles their based on.
Great to have you on board! I can relate so hard, I first watched ATLA when I was about 7 years old, in 2009 and I still remember how in awe I was at all the bending, and Aang going into Avatar mode, etc;. Wan Shi Tong is absolutely GOATED. He is mentioned in the lore, and also very much a focal point in my Spirit Guide character's backstory in the character creation thread ←⁠(⁠>⁠▽⁠<⁠)⁠ノ

And wow, sorry to hear that! It's definitely noticeable how small the scar is in the adaptation. Considering they don't shy away from showing burning corpses, I was surprised that they could shy away from showing the consequences of such burning...

I am so sorry in advance but I am 100% having my guy call her Jing Jing every chance he gets. It'll be subtle. Unexpected. She'll never know when the nickname will strike next! LOL

It's such a good nickname!
Expect your guy to be beat. She had one good hand but know how to use it. Only toph and her parents have the right to call her that so far. At least openly..

Awesome sauce, welcome aboard!! 😭 And yeah, that seems to be a recurring theme when it comes to the adaptation. I've just finished episode 1 and the chances of me moving on to episode 2 get slimmer every day ...
The only enjoyment I see anyone getting out of it is watching the dang thing as a group and making fun of it. All I got's to say on that.

The only enjoyment I see anyone getting out of it is watching the dang thing as a group and making fun of it. All I got's to say on that.
That may or may have not been the plan... ಑⁠ ͜⁠ ⁠ʖ⁠ ⁠಑

Also, I am reading these CSes before I try and work on mine.

BOSCHA WANTS TO EAT A SQUIRREL? WHAT HAVE THE SQUIRRELS DONE TO HER? LOL

Well I guess I should be happy she doesn't want to eat a lemur or something. Those guys were nearly extinct.

Also, I am reading these CSes before I try and work on mine.

BOSCHA WANTS TO EAT A SQUIRREL? WHAT HAVE THE SQUIRRELS DONE TO HER? LOL

Well I guess I should be happy she doesn't want to eat a lemur or something. Those guys were nearly extinct.
49d0289144d2e7127c62e43587e309c3.gif

Lemur you say...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back