• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ๐–‘๐–Š๐–†๐–›๐–Š๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–—๐–”๐–’ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–›๐–Ž๐–“๐–Š | ๐–™๐–Š๐–’๐–•๐–”๐–—๐–†๐–—๐–ž ๐–”๐–”๐–ˆ

Lore
Here
Other
Here

Seraphine

esqueeze me please
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

ooc

/*left bottom*/

/*right bottom -- picture with grayscale filter*/
/*DO NOT REMOVE CREDIT*/
ยฉ weldherwings.
This is just a temporary out of character chat before the discord drops, tomorrow or a day or two after, depending on busy lyfeโ„ข factors. Come on in and say hi, share what role(s) you're thinking to apply for, or let us know what you think of the Netflix adaptation so far (no spoilers obviously!!), and if you were in the ATLA universe, what bender you would wanna be โ†โ (โ >โ โ–ฝโ <โ )โ ๏พ‰ No pressure to answer all of it, ofc.

Me personally, I'd want to be an earthbender ~ a fascination with gemstones may or may not be a potential factor...

Last edited:
us know what you think of the Netflix adaptation so far

200.gif

Man, watching the brutal massacre of the Air Nomads was somethin' else... I do appreciate how they brought that aspect to life, even if it was brief

SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles I really like it so far tbh! But I am currently halfway through episode one, so ๐Ÿ˜ญ Plenty of time yet for Netflix to do something iffy...
Speaking of, do you have thoughts on what roles you'd like to try your hand in? (โ ใ€€โ ๏ฝฅโ ฯ‰โ ๏ฝฅโ )โ โ˜ž

Man, watching the brutal massacre of the Air Nomads was somethin' else... I do appreciate how they brought that aspect to life, even if it was brief
My stance on that is the complete opposite of what you just said, I think turning what is a brutal atrocity into an action piece really cheapens the depth of it.
Hard mood, my friend and I have only seen one episode and we already have thoughts ๐Ÿ˜ญ
That sure was one episode of disappointment.

Hihi! I'm currently eyeing the son of Katara and Jet, but I'm thinking of also applying for a protege of Toph. I have yet to watch the life action, but I've heard enough about it to know not to get my hopes up, haha. I think I would want to be either a firebender or an airbender.

hello yummies !!

i haven't started the live adaption but i had high hopes until a few tiktokers and friends mentioned it wouldn't be much better than the movie they tried making a while back. but, if i got to pick what bender i got to be, it'd also be an earthbender <3 they're just so cool.

also, unsurprisingly, i'm looking at a protรฉgรฉ of toph.

Hi my name is Steve Jobs and while I'm on the fence about applying (either a fugitive or Kemurikage) I really need to vent to someone about the adaptation. It's hidden under a spoiler because there are a few tidbits for eps 1-4.

My general assessment is the first few episodes is that they allocated time to the wrong parts of the show. There's excessive exposition and repetition of how important it is that Aang is the Avatar. So so much. They even narrated the opening, TWICE! And they spent the first few minutes on characters that don't end up mattering. As the audience, all these things and people they're telling us do not yet matter because we have no connection to them! Why couldn't we learn about the plot organically, with the main characters?

The creators seem to misunderstand the characters. So much of their flaws and character arcs have been smoothed out that they come off bland (something that isn't helped by the bad acting). I can't imagine shaving away all the humor and whimsy present in Aang, Sokka, or even Iroh! Katara became the Ember Island Play version where all she did was talk about hope!! She did the meme!! Where was that resentment she had to overcome due to Aang initially being better at Waterbending? That was such a MOMENT for her. (Gran Gran secretly having this scroll the entire time also opens up a plot hole b/c why would you not give that to your only grand daughter if you know bending is important to her?) Same thing with Sokka having to get over his sexism and learn from Suki. Yeah, we're removing the sexism/outdated gender roles by reducing one of the coolest characters to a love interest.

That is to say nothing about how they butchered Bumi's entire character. His defining trait was his mad genius mindset (which was still steeped in wisdom) and he wanted to pass that onto Aang (as well as signal his identity) but we get none of that! Just edgy and "OoOoh you gotta make choices. Be gritty and do war crimes".

The choreography of bending is so inconsistent. You have some scenes that look okay while others have no weight to them. You can tell from the way that these shots are cut that some actors do not know how to fight. And that's pretty important when the crux of your "magic" system is martial arts!! You wanna talk about horse stances? I could knock any of these actors over with a stiff breeze.

I can see now why the original creators left because I couldn't make it past the fourth episode.

Anyway, Airbending would be the most fun but personality-wise I'm closer to an Earthbender.

Last edited:
hello hello all !! it's been a HOT minute since i've watched atla, but with the adaptation and all i'll prolly end up rewatching it :3 i'm prolly gonna go for azula's daughter because i love a bad bitch

Hello, everyone! Favorite bending and what bending I'd want is water bending. I like the healing aspect and variety of it between bending water and ice and even some plants or vines.

Aiming for SON OF SOKKA & MALINA. Shocker, I know. That or UNAFFILIATED FUGITIVE as another role to gun for. ASHINA CADETS look interesting too.

Himm... Should I bring Hakoda back in some form from the last leaves.... play a bitch with a heart of gold daughter of Azula... Or see if I can make a once gifted protรฉgรฉ of Toph dealing with having to manage without the use of one arm and having to adapt.... So many options...

Haven't watched the remake ATLA, have little interest in it thanks from what I hear. From what I have seen I don't see the point, with cgi it looks cartoony anyways and way does it look like shoka is so dull?

Love the grace and diverse use of a water bender but considering my mindset, I think I would be best at earth bending.

my favvvvv show ever + roleplaying = best combo ever, and i'm probably going with a kemurikage assassin hehehee, and my favorite bending is waterbending, i love healing :blowkiss:

Getting enough of a kick out of the new show, not super into it like with One Piece though. Was looking mainly at Sokka's kid or Azula's though also kicking around possible original ideas.

Thinking of protege of Toph as one role! Might apply for another role, but I'm not sure who yet <3 ain't touching the Netflix adaptation and haven't seen the original writers left the series to Netflix. In terms of bender, probably an airbender because of the versitility of it ^^

And I never said my favourite character in the check, so I guess I'd say Toph! It's great to see disabled characters done right in the series. And also, she's just cool af.

SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles I really like it so far tbh! But I am currently halfway through episode one, so ๐Ÿ˜ญ Plenty of time yet for Netflix to do something iffy...
Speaking of, do you have thoughts on what roles you'd like to try your hand in? (โ ใ€€โ ๏ฝฅโ ฯ‰โ ๏ฝฅโ )โ โ˜ž
I think Iโ€™m going to apply for the daughter of Azula! ^^

I am super stoked to start (or watch) this with everyone!! I'm also glad to see familiar faces here too :>>

I haven't watched Netflix ATLA yet but I am coming in with slightly lower expectations than what I had before the show released. I'm seeing mixed reviews from friends and various ATLA communities but I still have high hopes regardless.

Firebending also has to be my favorite element and what I'd dream to have. It is just as serene and beautiful as airbending in my opinion, and its destructive power forces its user to use its power responsibly. Being one of the Good Gaang is great and all but the characterization of villains in both TLOK and ATLA is just phenomenal (especially Azula!!) so I'm eyeing one of the Kemurikage Assassins.

Last edited:
helloo <3 iโ€™m mainly thinking of applying for a protรฉgรฉ of toph, but i might end up going for the son of katara & jet as well

personally, iโ€™d want to be a firebender or an earthbender!

Found this on Pinterest earlier thinking of using it as a faceclaim for son of sokka how do you all feel about it?3B61E2A3-6FDE-4117-8DE3-7B521D996B00.jpeg

Found this on Pinterest earlier thinking of using it as a faceclaim for son of sokka how do you all feel about it?View attachment 1146711
Achhh unfortunately we don't allow AI art use for this RP! Granted, it is very hard to tell at times, especially on Pinterest - the site doesn't allow you to search them up, and yet they still pop up. The amount of times I've been disappointed because some really pretty looking art is actually just AI ๐Ÿ˜ญ...

Seraphine Seraphine What surname should I use for the daughter of Azula?

Seraphine Seraphine What surname should I use for the daughter of Azula?
Good question!! Honestly, the canon universe of ATLA is super vague and inconsistent on how last names work in the world. I'd say don't worry about it, just use her first name.

Which reminds me, now that I know more or less who is applying for Azula:

phnx. phnx. SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki angel doe angel doe

Here are some important general facts to keep in mind for Azula's daughter:

• In the AU lore, Azula's daughter was three years old when she was forever separated from Azula
  • Whoever her father was, died early on in the civil war between Zuko and Azula. Exactly how and when isn't really known by anyone but Azula herself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back