• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lastlands: Pawns of Muurdaan

Beckoncall

World-Weaver and servant to the most-holy PC
Supporter
The "Wolftime" is finally over, a decades spanning period of infighting and instability in the City-States where neighbor warred against neighbor and the old order was shattered with the forging of the new. The Overlord Xeres is no more -- The era of the Underlord Houses is at hand...

The interior of the realms are slowly climbing out of the chaos, tenuous alliances and truces are holding the tattered unions together while opportunistic eyes turn outward towards the frontiers -- For new opportunities, lands, and wealth. The Noble houses that can make the boldest moves and greatest acquisitions in the untamed "Lastlands" may very well receive what is needed to pull all the realms back into order -- or press their own claims and capitalize on shifts in power.

You are a lesser lord or lady, of an independent banner or a client house beholden to one of the Underlords. If the new order is to prevail, the lastlands must be conquered and pulled into the fold of the city states... pulled in by the works and machinations of players of the games of power such as yourselves. If YOU are to prevail, you must carve a claim to power and riches for yourself... taking care to honor your contracts with the high houses and capitalize on brave ventures as well as survive a delicate and risky arena of politics and political intrigue.

The "Lastlands" are a diverse expanse housing many races, monsters and the ruins of cultures dating back to the dawn of the age and older. Some of you have historical claims in these mythic realms, while other properties are simply put - up for grabs.

Every Noble (Player) starts the game with a modest amount of monetary and social currency, as well as ties and entanglements with other factions. Political marriages, disputed land claims and the support of the Royals, Churches, Populists, and the Military. Nobles are expected to bring the lastlands to heel through personal feats of heroism and to application of force of arms where necessary -- and with the glory of new holdings comes the responsibility of developing and using these new acquisitions to appease your patrons, your base, and most importantly to enrich and empower yourselves!

Hold your Banner High! The Wolftime is over, may historians record that the next of times belongs to you and yours!

Hello and thank you for reading!

I am Beck and this is my interest check for a new group RP for Discord and RPN.
If you are not a fan of discord or dice/nation building elements this game may not be your normal speed -- but I encourage you to express your interest and give a try outside your comfort zone if you are intrigued by the concept. This game is just one of many RPs I've run on RPN set in my "Avecury" Universe, starting with the massive 3-year spanning roleplay "Lost Continent: Flight from Muurdaan." This game takes place long before the events of lost continent, in the infancy of the Muurdaan Empire before the first wars of Muurdain Expansion. A rich history and lore awaits for you to visit and uncover and the game will have both cooperative and competitive elements to it -- both with and against the world, and your fellow players.

I am your gentle and attentive Gamemaster, and I warmly welcome you to play with me!

This is the most basic interest check -- so feel free to put your hat in if interested and/or ask any questions you might have.

Once interest is established for 10 or so players, I will give more information on game mechanics (which you don't need to pay attention to but it's good to know they're there!), OC creation for
your Noble Hero(ine) and their faction, and starting resources. This game I am hoping will be more hero-centric with aspects of dice and nation building running secondary to the deeds and whims of the Player Nobles.

I am posting this interest check in the Group Roleplay section also in the hopes that people who otherwise wouldn't look at more complicated RPs (like nation builders or dice RPs) know they are welcome and challenged to participate.

Who among you will embrace the glory of their birthright?! Post and be heard!

Most Sincerely,

Beck

Interested, what does the balance between game mechanics and rp look like?

That's a simple question with lots of complex answers.
I'd basically say that for people who don't love mechanics -- it's not as important to understand them as know that they are there.

People can embrace the mechanical or just declare what they'd like to do and let the "dice" fall where they may.
There is some keeping trace of stuff like money and resources, but the balance most prominently comes from me, the gamemaster/GM... I can explain how an endeavor is likely to go and whether something is possible or not. Over time even people not paying attention will see patterns with how I handle stuff but it's basically that I try to keep the RP in the forefront and the mechanical how/if running in the background. If you want a less vague answer, ask a more specific question -- but I hope that helps. It might not however, but I promise in any case I've run many nation builders before for a satisfied audience.

To try to be more specific though here's a rundown:
Everyone has pretty much the same amount of stuff they can accomplish per "turn" of game.
everyone should get a turn "processed" before I move the game forward to a new turn.
Spending and recording (as well as gaining) of items and resources happens turn to turn.
Stuff like diplomacy and fighting are resolved by what we know/is true about the characters/NPCs mitigated by chance/dice.

hope that helps!

-Beck

That's a simple question with lots of complex answers.
I'd basically say that for people who don't love mechanics -- it's not as important to understand them as know that they are there.

People can embrace the mechanical or just declare what they'd like to do and let the "dice" fall where they may.
There is some keeping trace of stuff like money and resources, but the balance most prominently comes from me, the gamemaster/GM... I can explain how an endeavor is likely to go and whether something is possible or not. Over time even people not paying attention will see patterns with how I handle stuff but it's basically that I try to keep the RP in the forefront and the mechanical how/if running in the background. If you want a less vague answer, ask a more specific question -- but I hope that helps. It might not however, but I promise in any case I've run many nation builders before for a satisfied audience.

To try to be more specific though here's a rundown:
Everyone has pretty much the same amount of stuff they can accomplish per "turn" of game.
everyone should get a turn "processed" before I move the game forward to a new turn.
Spending and recording (as well as gaining) of items and resources happens turn to turn.
Stuff like diplomacy and fighting are resolved by what we know/is true about the characters/NPCs mitigated by chance/dice.

hope that helps!

-Beck
Definitely helped! That about covers what I was interested in, mostly was looking for the basic details. Count me as still quite interested.

I'm moving the interest check to the Group Section... everyone here will get a mention so they can watch that thread instead and I'll remove this one.

Sorry for confusion!

The "Wolftime" is finally over, a decades spanning period of infighting and instability in the City-States where neighbor warred against neighbor and the old order was shattered with the forging of the new. The Overlord Xeres is no more -- The era of the Underlord Houses is at hand...

The interior of the realms are slowly climbing out of the chaos, tenuous alliances and truces are holding the tattered unions together while opportunistic eyes turn outward towards the frontiers -- For new opportunities, lands, and wealth. The Noble houses that can make the boldest moves and greatest acquisitions in the untamed "Lastlands" may very well receive what is needed to pull all the realms back into order -- or press their own claims and capitalize on shifts in power.

You are a lesser lord or lady, of an independent banner or a client house beholden to one of the Underlords. If the new order is to prevail, the lastlands must be conquered and pulled into the fold of the city states... pulled in by the works and machinations of players of the games of power such as yourselves. If YOU are to prevail, you must carve a claim to power and riches for yourself... taking care to honor your contracts with the high houses and capitalize on brave ventures as well as survive a delicate and risky arena of politics and political intrigue.

The "Lastlands" are a diverse expanse housing many races, monsters and the ruins of cultures dating back to the dawn of the age and older. Some of you have historical claims in these mythic realms, while other properties are simply put - up for grabs.

Every Noble (Player) starts the game with a modest amount of monetary and social currency, as well as ties and entanglements with other factions. Political marriages, disputed land claims and the support of the Royals, Churches, Populists, and the Military. Nobles are expected to bring the lastlands to heel through personal feats of heroism and to application of force of arms where necessary -- and with the glory of new holdings comes the responsibility of developing and using these new acquisitions to appease your patrons, your base, and most importantly to enrich and empower yourselves!

Hold your Banner High! The Wolftime is over, may historians record that the next of times belongs to you and yours!

Hello and thank you for reading!

I am Beck and this is my interest check for a new group RP for Discord and RPN.
If you are not a fan of discord or dice/nation building elements this game may not be your normal speed -- but I encourage you to express your interest and give a try outside your comfort zone if you are intrigued by the concept. This game is just one of many RPs I've run on RPN set in my "Avecury" Universe, starting with the massive 3-year spanning roleplay "Lost Continent: Flight from Muurdaan." This game takes place long before the events of lost continent, in the infancy of the Muurdaan Empire before the first wars of Muurdain Expansion. A rich history and lore awaits for you to visit and uncover and the game will have both cooperative and competitive elements to it -- both with and against the world, and your fellow players.

I am your gentle and attentive Gamemaster, and I warmly welcome you to play with me!

This is the most basic interest check -- so feel free to put your hat in if interested and/or ask any questions you might have.

Once interest is established for 10 or so players, I will give more information on game mechanics (which you don't need to pay attention to but it's good to know they're there!), OC creation for
your Noble Hero(ine) and their faction, and starting resources. This game I am hoping will be more hero-centric with aspects of dice and nation building running secondary to the deeds and whims of the Player Nobles.

I am posting this interest check in the Group Roleplay section also in the hopes that people who otherwise wouldn't look at more complicated RPs (like nation builders or dice RPs) know they are welcome and challenged to participate.

Who among you will embrace the glory of their birthright?! Post and be heard!

Most Sincerely,

Beck
Very interested in this :)

I’m intrigued! Curious, what are the thoughts on dragons? I’d be interested in using them if possible.

I’m intrigued! Curious, what are the thoughts on dragons? I’d be interested in using them if possible.
i'll let you know when next we have an opening. dragons however are entirely too powerful to play (usually) in this game world , though not out of the question. this game is mainly about nobles competing and cooperating for power. dragons, when they show themselves could destroy whole provinces!!!

I have to ask as well if this is still open. I always wanted to try a nation building rp and your seem just like the type I would love to be in !

Kibaa Kibaa Arnalia Arnalia :

We've been adding new players as players already in the game die. If you're interested I'll keep you informed. I love introducing new players to nation building also, so I'll keep that in mind! <3

Kibaa Kibaa Arnalia Arnalia :

We've been adding new players as players already in the game die. If you're interested I'll keep you informed. I love introducing new players to nation building also, so I'll keep that in mind! <3
Thank you very much ! Yes, I'm interested and be glad to fill in if a spot open up. Is there a lore thread where we can read about the world and such ?

Thank you very much ! Yes, I'm interested and be glad to fill in if a spot open up. Is there a lore thread where we can read about the world and such ?

All the lore is on a discord -- though there are two forums on RPN you can read about the game:

this is the orders thread where people submit their commands:

this the process thread where I, the GM, process those orders and give the results.

this is just the tip of the iceberg though, because there is a lot of social and in-game communication on discord as well.

it's really an incomplete picture seeing one half the game without the other... but maybe in a while I'll bring some prospective players so see the discord and say hello the the rest of the players. There are presently about 12 people playing as good guys, and two people playing as antagonists.

Keep you posted! <3

All the lore is on a discord -- though there are two forums on RPN you can read about the game:

this is the orders thread where people submit their commands:

this the process thread where I, the GM, process those orders and give the results.

this is just the tip of the iceberg though, because there is a lot of social and in-game communication on discord as well.

it's really an incomplete picture seeing one half the game without the other... but maybe in a while I'll bring some prospective players so see the discord and say hello the the rest of the players. There are presently about 12 people playing as good guys, and two people playing as antagonists.

Keep you posted! <3
Looks really cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back