• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Last Breath

Blue Aisle

Phantom #11
- Starter Post -

Dr. Dieter Falkenrath

sally-jackson-surgery3.jpg

Anyone can see the man hasn’t showered or slept in days. His hair is filthy, skin shiny with sweat, and a face that would otherwise look young is veiled by monstrous focus. The former doctor leans back in his chair, drained by the long concentration that finally ended. And what does he have to show for it? Nothing. He stares bitterly at the inert body strapped to the table. It hardly came as a surprise. He worked with corpses far more pristine, far more put together than this one. The volt machine hums beside him, showing a red screen. It was out of power… again. Outside, rain drums softly on the concrete wall, splattering onto spring grass. If not for the tepid air of despair, the lantern-lit abode of Dr. Falkenrath would have felt almost cozy.

Dieter rose from his chair, long faced from another failure. He kneels to pull the plug on his machine when a flash of lightning streaks across the sky. For a moment, the entire room basks in a brilliant light, leaving a strange crackling behind. He hurriedly checks the antenna of the volt machine, afraid it might be fried from runoff electricity. The air around the metal rod is bending, a charred patch forming at the tip. It indeed caught a shard of lightning, yet the screen remains a dull red. There is only one other place the electricity could have gone. The instrument was hooked up to the cadaver.

The doctor glances at his “patient”. At least it didn’t catch on fire. He bends down again, pulling out the cord when he notices an odd twitch from the corpse. He shakes his head, it’s only his imagination. The motion was so small that it was barely perceivable through his tired eyes. More likely, it was the leftover power causing short jumps. He stood at the body’s side for just a minute more. Somewhere in him there was a speck of hope. Just maybe, he hadn’t spent the last half a decade pursuing a ghost of possibility.

Last edited:
A pair of blue orbs slowly opens its lids. Her vision felt a bit blurry at first until it came to focus yet had to squint them feeling the brightness of the light above her. Her orbs wondered left to right from the test tubes resting on the shelf, a cluttered desk filled with loose paper and various books piled on top of each other. They soon stopped to what she can see is a silouhette of a male figure in which she had trouble focusing due to the darkness surrounding them.

Cold air fills her lungs taking her fist breath gasping in shock. She quickly sat up while moving near the end of the table trying to get away from the male before her. It took her a moment to realize how cold the room felt As she had no proper clothing except for a white sheet to cover what she can although it was nearly impossible to cover the dried blood shattered on her body.

Her wavy black locks fell over her shoulder while frantically feeling for something on the back of her neck. She soon stops while breathing in a rapid pace.

Through trembled lips, she started to form her words which came out in a soft whispered tone.

“Who...are...you?”

Dieter stands frozen at the sight of what was happening in front of him. He, quite frankly, is in mental shock. He watches as the corpse he's worked on for the last week twitch and shudder, and its eyes coming into focus. Just when he thinks it couldn’t get any better, it stands, walks and asked of him a question! It… she was capable of speech! After staring intensely at his subject for a long minute, Dieter slumped back into his chair. He hadn’t realized just how tired he was from standing hours in surgery.

Undeterred, he dragged his seat with him closer to his patient, his excitement disturbing even to himself.

“You… you speak. You’re alive!” He says the last word in wonder. “How are your mobile sectors? Can you move your arms? Can you remember anything? Is there pain?”

He takes a deep breath.

“Oh — and I’m Dr. Falkenrath. I brought you back to life… from death. And I mean that literally.” He scrambles from his chair and looks around the dirty floor. Dozens of crumpled pieces of paper lay scattered all over. Looking through a few of them, he finally finds the proper information. “Your name is...” he squints at the small handwritten note. It only read:

Accidental find. No further intelligence gathered.

“Stupid country louts.” He mutters under his breath. How am I supposed to prove my breakthrough if I can't prove she was dead? Check her heart-rate? Body temperature? There is still much he has to figure out, but the most difficult part was over. Surely what is to come would be easy compared to what just transpired.

Last edited:
The woman looked at the man almost petrified. She didn’t hesitate to bring her legs closer to her body as soon as the male moved near her, should she move back any closer to the edge would only end up falling to the floor. Her eyes widen in shock hearing what he had said.

“Alive..?” She repeated. The woman noticed how the male spoke more excitedly only to fall upon deaf ears as he fired rounds of questions. Once the man introduced himself and explains the current event.
“Dr. Falkenrath?” She said almost sounding confused. “So you’re not-“ She stopped herself from saying anything else when she noticed the doctor move from his chair to gather what seems to be notes from his desk.

“M-my name?” She muttered under her breath, placing her hand on head. Various images flashed in her mind but none of them made any sense like missing pieces of a puzzle. Her only recent memory repeated itself in an infinite loop of an silhouette male figure calling out her name.

“Melina..”

There were many questions she wanted to ask yet he’d do the same as well. Now that she has a better look around her surroundings. She felt a cold draft coming in from the window hearing the sound of rain fall nearby almost having the urge to go outside, not to escape but she oddly liked the rain hitting her skin. Feeling rather distracted for a split second, she nearly felt disappointed knowing the doctor wouldn’t possibly consider her doing so.
“What is this place?” She questioned him keeping her mind at bay in her current situation.

"Why, it's my lab obviously." He scribbles something into a notebook. "If we were to speak on a larger scale, we are on the outskirts of Osheen, a small port city. You haven't died that long ago, I'm sure you know where we are."

"Now, I'm more than happy to explain how you ended up here, but I must ask... How did you die? Do you have any family—" His inquiries were cut off by a wave of foreign voices. The doctor walks to the window, and sees in the distance little specks of light in the dark—flashlights, most likely. He recognizes the round, beaver like shape of the man heading the crowd as the mayor. They were heading straight for the lab. But why? He lived quietly here for years with no politicians bothering him. Annoyed, he shuts the window. He had kept it open only for airflow, as the smells of his operations weren't exactly pleasant.

Turning back to his patient, he hesitates. "Look, I have some visitors. You probably feel stiff in some places but just stay here and stay quiet. My procedure on you wasn't exactly legal and... and they'll burn us both alive if they found out."

"Ah, and you can find some spare clothing in the drawer over there," he points to a portable container. "They're not for women, but I haven't got any better." Dieter looks down at his own stained shirt, and then shrugs. He could just say the stains were his salad dressing, unlikely that a bunch of peasants would be intelligent enough to tell what it is. He brushes his pale hair out of his forehead and heads to the stairs, cursing all the way down.

Last edited:
Listening to what the doctor’s answer, she felt as if she heard this place but may have never walked into the port city herself. She tilts her head slightly when he questions about her own death.
“I died? But that’s not-“. Melina place her right hand near her heart only to feel a flesh wound, a circular shape, as if it belonged to a gunshot wound. She quickly moves her hand away feeling a sharp pain causing her to a wince a little.

Before she could utter a word, she couldn’t help herself to squint from the flashing light outside the window as she is still getting herself acclimated to her surroundings. Noticing how the doctor was pacing around the room being on edge about something.

Melina once again tries to speak when he mentions about how both of them could wind up dead, only to be ignored without a second thought. She listens to his instructions as she replies with a nod, staying in her little spot until the doctor was out of sight.

Listening to his footsteps descends the stairs until it was silent, Melina slowly moves one leg on the ledge of the table before moving the other, taking a sharp breath once she started to move her body feeling rather stiff in some parts of her body. Once her feet touched the wooden floor, she took small baby steps to where the spare clothes were located while keeping her balance. She grabs the clothes on top rather shuffling through them since none of clothing would fit her anyhow, a simple long-sleeve shirt with a vest to hide the wound in case the shirt happens to be transparent along with dark colored pants.

Melina carefully walked around the lab just to examine various tools and equipments along with books scattered around although the room seems rather messy she didn’t want to break anything that was laying on the floor. Unbeknownst to her, the wooden floor had a few cracks and broken panels causing a soft creaking noise.

Just as he arrives in the foyer, a loud knock raps on the metal door. Dieter fights his way across the room, shoving metal crates and old equipment how of his way. Opening the door, he finds a widely grinning mayor Bernard at the entrance. Behind him stands two stone faced guards, armored to the chin with standard plating. While both are empty-handed, Dieter can't help but notice the batons strapped to each man's waist. Whatever business they came to do, Dieter was too spent for it.

"Come back in the morning." He says as he closes the door, only to be stopped halfway by the mayor's meaty hand.

"Falkenrath, please, it will just take a few minutes." Bernard gestures to the group of citizens behind him. "These friends here saw two men acting suspicious around your premises. They said they looked like they were hauling something that ahh... looked like bodies."

He chuckles, "some of them have even accused you of satanic rituals, and—oh gods! What is that smell?"

Dieter shrugs, "my dinner didn't go down so well." He looks down at the stain on his shirt.

Bernard is holding his nose, "I see. You don't seem like the cooking type."

The round man puts his free hand on the doctor's shoulder, leaning in. "It'll just take a little time, I need to appease the folks, you know how it goes. Treat it like a house tour."

He waves the guards in, and at once they squeeze through the narrow metal doorway. Dieter, wide-eyed, runs to block them from the stairs.

"I'm conducting a very sensitive chemical experiment, it's dangerous to go up there without protect—" A loud creaking noise squeaks through the ceiling. Both guards turn their head upwards.

"My cat. My very fat cat."

"Please move out of the way, sir." The taller one shoves him aside, and they leave Dieter pale faced at the stairs. Dozens of excuses run through his head, but he can't think of a single convincing one. There would be none, really, if they find her.

"Don't go upstairs!" He screams, chasing after the two men. "You can't do this!"

Last edited:
Hearing commotions on the first floor, multiple footsteps started to slowly ascends to the lab oppose to one followed by Dr. Falkenrath shouting to those heading to his lab.

Being near one of the windows, Melina hastily climbed over it while making it partially open to make it seem like the doctor is letting fresh air inside. She carefully climbs towards the side of roof and stayed there for a while. Luckily, due to the heavy rain gave her an advantage to blend herself in the darkness, the only downside the heavy downpour isn’t helping causing her to lose her footing from time to time. She noticed a large group of the community gather around the house by the entrance.. Why were there so many people? Were they looking for her?

Once the guard reached the stairs, being greeted with a foul stench of something he can’t really describe but it was more than a burnt dinner. The guard examines the lab throughly by going through the doctor’s desk, closet which is filled with various lab coats and the examine table. On the ground, he noticed a white sheet on the floor which he swoops up with his baton noticing small amount of blood stains on them. They looked relatively fresh.

The guard didn’t waste anytime showing the mayor what he had discovered. He mentions to the mayor there wasn’t a cat anywhere in sight and guessed the doctor might have cut himself on accident but looking at the doctor’s physical appearance, he didn’t see any cuts on him from what he can tell.

Last edited:
"Look, I told you there was nothing." Dieter sweats profusely as his eyes dart around the room. "My cat is shy and probably hid somewhere."

The two guards rejoin Bernard at the front entrance, one of them holding Melinda's surgery drape. The mayor eyes the cloth, but retracts visibly as the man holds it closer for inspection. He nods to Dieter, who sat down on the foot of the stairs, "what is this?"

"It's... I was practicing on a boar. Just because my license suspended doesn't mean I can't practice." He's looking at the ground, brows furrowed and tired. "Is that everything then? Will you please leave?"

"It could be a person's blood!" One citizen objects from behind. Several voices agree with him, and murmurs spread. "We can't just take his word for it."

The mayor turns back to them. "Fair enough, but we don't have proof it was a person. I'm sure we can solve this if we bring it to a professional. You, hang on to that."

The guard nods in response.

The three men urge the crowd to turn around, and they do so reluctantly. Mayor Bernard gives Dieter a last apologetic look over his shoulder, and herds his people away. Soon, the pavement outside is empty except for the howling wind. The rain has stopped. The hand lights of the throng now looks like tiny fireflies. Dieter, having shut the door, returns to the operation room. He sweeps the surroundings. Where did she go?

"Melinda?" He opens the mini closet despite knowing she couldn't fit in such a small space. "They're gone. Where'd you go?"

Shivering and drenched, Melina still hid for a few more minutes until the citizens below were out of sight. She heard a muffled call from inside the lab possibly belonging to the doctor as she was so focused trying not to slip on the roof tiles, she hadn’t realized the rain had finally stopped.

A hand slips through the opening of the window, dragging her whole body below allowing herself to fall on the floor. Slowly picking herself up only to sit down as her breathing quickened its pace not out of fear from the doctor but fear from those that were in the house moments ago.

“I’m s-sorry.” She stammered softly with her back turned from the doctor. She started to gather her wet hair from behind moving them over her shoulder to wring out some of the water that had been soaked up. Without realizing her simple action and the looseness of the shirt she’s currently wearing, shows a black mark or a symbol on the back of her neck.

He watches her as she descends from the windowsill, surprisingly nimble for someone who laid in a freezer for weeks. He half expects sparks to fly out from the tips of her hair. He can still see the stroke of light when he shuts his eyes.

"No, you did well." Dieter thinks back to the guard holding the bloodied sheets, and the reeling crowd. "You should probably clean up, you smell like the dead... There's a bath across the corridor." He would need a shower himself, knowing there's one on the first floor. As he turns to leave, he notices the strange tattoo on her neck. It looks vaguely familiar. He was sure he saw or heard about it in the cities the rare times he visited. Dieter hardly cared about peasant gossip. "What's that tattoo on your neck? I've seen it multiple times during the operation, but I can't quite remember it."

He peels open the closet drawers to get two sets of white dress shirt and black trousers. He gives one to Melinda, "we must get to the train station first thing in the morning. It's too risky to stay here."

Melina wraps her arms around herself as she shivers from being out in the downpour. Nodding her head whilst she listened to the doctor who mentioned where the bath is located. As she was about to thank him for his hospitality, her eyes opened wide hearing him question about the tattoo.

She hastily got up from the floor while covering the back of her neck. Nearly backing away from him.
“It’s nothing.” She said quickly while looking down at the floor. “It’s none of your concern....it’s...it’s just a mark.”
She knew the doctor could probably tell she is lying and read her like a book. Only meeting with him for a brief moment, she doesn’t trust him for fear of him turning her in to the authorities. She watched him gathering an extra pair of clothing for both of them. Taking her set of clothes in her hands, she thanked him while giving a short nod in understanding about when they will leave to the station.

She turns to quickly leave his sight disappearing to the corridor, once she found the restroom, she locks the door as she leaned her back against it. Of all people, why did the doctor choose her to resurrect? There’s nothing special about her..or is it the mark? She thought about what he had said about seeing it multiple times. What did he mean by that? Was there a broadcast all over the city?

He shrugs, "fine. you can rest on the couch if you're tired. Or the spare bed in the storage, but I wouldn't recommend it."

He didn't care much about the tattoo. All that matters is his experiment succeeded. Regardless of who she was, even the imbeciles at the society would have to acknowledge his findings. None had done what he did tonight.

Dieter goes downstairs and sets an alarm on the door. It would let him know if someone goes in or out. In case that pest Bernard comes back, or if his subject takes a midnight run. To him, the latter is more frightening. Plans turn in his head as tries to configure a sensible route for tomorrow's trip. The thoughts make him more and more tired, and at the edge of his consciousness he hopes today wasn't a dream. Half of him expects to wake up to an inanimate corpse once again, like every morning for the past five years. Unwillingly, he drifts into a deep sleep.

Feeling rather refreshed being in the shower for nearly thirty minutes, fully dressed with the clothes given to her. Seeing the doctor isn’t in the lab, she remembered telling her about the couch or the spare bed. Melina treads lightly this time to avoid stepping on any cracks on the floor.

Once she reached over to the couch, she sat down with her hands on her head while leaned over. Flashes of images quickly ran through her head yet it only stops to the silouhette male figure who seems to be by her side at all cost. She broke out of her train of thought by the sounds of gunfire echoing over and over. Sighing softly to herself whilst shaking her head,
‘’Adam...”
Melina got up from the couch in search of something a loose paper and a writing utensil, surly the doctor has some lying around here. Though as messy as the lab is, she managed to find only a blank yet half-torn piece of paper and a pen which seems to be low on ink.

She got to work creating portrait what this man looked like in her flashback. Once she finished, the portrait looked rather off only for her to crumple it up and grab another blank paper. She hoped the doctor wouldn’t mind using his belongings, it would be rather difficult if told by word of mouth only to be buried in a hundred questions.

The sunlight peeked through the window brightening the lab a bit, Melina hadn’t realized it was morning already until she saw a few crumpled pieces of paper around her. She must have done this all night. Looking at the portrait she held in her hand looked like an accurate description of the one she keeps thinking of.
She hurried down the steps in search of the doctor. Since its her first time being on the first floor, the first thing she noticed is the kitchen with dirty dishes piled up. Walking through the corridor, it took her a few minute to finally find the doctor who was still in his deep slumber.
“Doctor Falkenrath?” She calls out softly only to no avail. She walks closer and gently taps on his shoulder several times.
“Doctor Falkenrath? It’s dawn. Shouldn’t we be going now...to the train station?”

Somewhere in the distance Dieter hears someone calling him, but he wasn't ready to go. His limbs still feel drowsy and ignores the voice until there is a tapping on his shoulder. Instinctively, he thought it was Gerben. He opens one eye and sees the morning light barely lighting up the sky. "It's too early..." He swats the hand disturbing him away, but thoughts of the train station linger on his mind. He remembers thinking about it last night, it was important. He lazily looks up and sees the face of a young woman.

"Oh gods!" He shoots up from the old mattress with a loud creak. "What time is it?"

He squints at the tiny improvised clock at the counter. It's already six! He leaps up and pushes the bedding he was just using onto the floor. Underneath it is several old suitcases, stained with coffee and other strange concoctions. "I knew this would happen." Dieter mutters as he grabs the one at the very bottom. Cracking it open, he checks the contents. Clean clothes, important documents, a small Glock, and several wads of cash. For a second he considers hauling the volt machine with him, but that thing's old, and dragging it along will cause significant delays. Should they arrest him, it'll all be for nothing.

"You ready to go?" He calls back to Melinda and notices for the first time the paper in her hand. "What on earth is that? Were you an artist?" He frowns at the wrinkly drawing. It didn't look particularly good.

Melina backed out of his way once he sprung from his bed. She watches him in curiosity gathering the essentials. Wondering where their destination would be, she thought about asking but refuses to do so until they get on the train, she wondered why they have to leave in a hurry. Was it due to the visitors who came by yesterday?

She snapped out of her own thoughts when the doctor asked her if she is ready.
“Yes, bu-“
His question about the drawing in her hand cause her to shook in freight yet he didn’t sound angry at her for using some of his belongings. To be honest, taking a clear look at her own portrait in broad daylight, it didn’t look quite as good as she thought it would be considering what she worked with.

“I’m...looking for someone...I just know his name is Adam...”
She said softly. “But..I don’t know if-“ She stopped her own thoughts while trying to change the entire subject.
“W-We should hurry before we miss the next train.” She said quickly as she made her way to the door as soon as her hand turned the doorknob, a high pitched sound blaring through the house. She hastily covered her ears to muffle the noise but since she is close to the door it only hurts even more.

Last edited:
If this Adam was family or a friend, that'd be nice, Deiter thinks to himself. He could help him prove the experiment.

"Yeah we best hurry, we can talk during the train ride." He pauses, thinking about their destination. "I think we'll head to Gerben, ever been there? I heard there's some unrest there right now. Better for us."

When he turns to collect his suitcase and hat, Melinda triggered the alarm he had set on the door the previous night. A loud screeching noise blares throughout the building. Having rarely been exposed to such loud noises, his ears throbs like a migraine. Pulling his panama over his ears, Dieter rushes over to the corner where he flicks a lever to shut down the racket. "I'd completely forgot I set that." The echoes still ringing in his head, he figures they'd better leave fast.

"Come on, we've got to catch the train by 6:55. Osheen is a sleepy town, I doubt many people would be up right now." He spots his schoolboy hat on one of the crates, and nabs it quickly. He had outgrown it, but perhaps it would fit her. "They don't know about you but... maybe it's better this way." Dieter walks to Melinda and tries to fit the cap on his patient's head. It balances awkwardly on top of her, with long hair poking out at odd angles. "Hmm... or not. Uh—wear it if you want." Truly, he is glad he became a doctor and not a stylist.

With that, he rushes out of the door, starting on the small and lonely dirt path to the industrial side of Osheen.

Before she could answer his question about being to Greben, she was greeted with the blaring sound of the alarm. Fortunately, the doctor is able to shut it off but everything was a bit muffled with ringing in her ears as she shook it off. She backs herself away from the door trying to get her hearing back to normal. She figure not to touch anything for a while.

Melina looks awkwardly at the doctor when he placed the hat on her head, it did felt weird at first as the doctor gave up and allowed her to do what she wants with it. Due to her hair, she couldn’t do much with as for styling it since she didn’t want to be the focus of attention, especially when her tattoo can be easily visible. She tries adjusting the hat in various angles none to which her liking, she decides to keep the hat anyway.

Following the doctor from behind while closing the door behind her, the cool breeze gently sways her loose hair as she caught up with the doctor and walks next to him. Seeing how quiet the small town is, what the doctor has stated is right. There wasn’t a soul in sight.

Once they moved further down the dirt path. There was something that caught her attention almost immediately. From a distance seemed liking a Missing Person posters they were mixed with a Wanted poster with a portrait that resembled much like her followed by the tattoo which matches perfectly.

Melina didn’t hesitate to grab the doctor’s hand and started to hasten her pace which eventually broke into a run. She brought her hat closer to her face to cover what she can, dragging the doctor with her. She lead them to an alley-way being a shortcut to get to the station.

Last edited:
As they turn into the streets of Osheen, Dieter prods at the innards of his mind, trying to remember the roads the few times he's walked them. He scans the landmarks as he goes, paying exactly zero attention to the wanted posters pasted all over street lamps and back-alley walls. He was immersed in deep concentration when Melinda suddenly tugged on his hand. Surprised, he almost fell flat on his face. On an ordinary day, he would've thought she was a thief.

"Ha-have you lost your mind?" He chokes as the wind rushes in from his nostrils, "We need to get to the train station! The station!"

As they finally slow down, Dieter could hear his own pulse in his ears. "Dear gods, I... My blood pressure is..." He looks around him, taking in the unfamiliar alleyway. Where on earth is this? He pokes his head around the corner, and in the distance, sees the sign for Osheen steam-train station. Somehow, by running like maniacs, they arrived ahead of schedule to their destination. "What in the hells? Did you grow up here or something?" He thinks back to a month ago, when the twins brought in her body. He's certain they had found her faraway from town. "You—" He takes a shallow breath. "You better tell me what's going on... "

Last edited:
Her breathing rapidly hastened leaning her back against the wall, letting her hand go from the doctor’s hand. Without answering any of his questions, she rips an wanted poster off the wall and showed it to him. She didn’t bother to look at him in the eyes. She’s as confused as he is at this point but what is his intentions on keeping her alive?
“If they find me...They will not hesitate to put another bullet in my heart....Why bring me back...if I’m just a test subject to you?” She said rhetorically in a saddened tone in her voice.

Moving away from the wall, she noticed large clock sitting on top of the station, they have a few minutes left before the train departure, but if the doctor really wanted them to go to Greben, now is the time go do so. She would purchase the tickets herself only she has no money and she would stick out like a sore thumb especially with the fliers being posted all over for the public eye.

“You said we can talk once we’re on the train, yes? I’ll tell you what I remember.” She looked almost worried hoping Falkenrath wouldn’t take her to the authorities if she were to spill out everything now. What would be the point of going to Greben?

He stares at the poster in disbelief. It took him several tries glancing back and forth to realize that the wanted criminal is indeed his patient. "Oh my god!" He throws the half-shredded poster into her face, not wanting to look at either. "Oh... my... this is a nightmare."

"You're a criminal! They will arrest you before I can even prove anything!" He picks up the poster again, now from the ground. His eyes dart around, alarmed to find several identical posters plastered... everywhere. "Look at this, it's everywhere! What did you do? Eat newborns alive? I brought you back for science, not so I could get arrested!" Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knows time is ticking. Regardless, the panic of this abrupt revelation seizes him, rooting him on the spot.

There's just no way. No way to prove his genius and not get imprisoned. Unless...

He straightens himself, droplets of sweat forming on his temple. "Ok... ok... Let's talk on the train." There's still a way out, though one he really didn't want to take. He doubts she would either. The train would be here soon, they needed to buy a ticket fast and get onboard. There's no point in staying here. Dieter runs up to the ticket booth, exchange brief conversion with the staff before handing buying two tickets. Fiddling with the slips of paper in his hand, he looks up at sky, now looking somehow darker. He hands one to Melinda, and the whistling of the steam train draws near.

Melina allowed the doctor vent out his frustration, she took a tiny step back when threw the poster back at her face. She looked at the poster that fell on the ground more clearly this time not noticing the reward bounty for having her head. Fantastic.
She couldn’t help but to give the doctor the most perplexed expression on her face when he started to guess what illegal crimes she could have committed. Out of all of the crimes that out there this is the one he comes up with? And the most horrible one at that. Melina could barely get a out word out of her lips as Falkenrath spoke out in anger and noticed him almost panicking.

Should she tell him everything now, they would most certainly miss the train and obviously make a scene of themselves in the public eye. She followed right behind him as he purchased the tickets once the doctor handed her the ticket, the sound of the whistling steam engine started to arrive. Once the doors open a throng of passengers walked out, Melina quickly hid behind Falkenrath in case anyone of these people were to easily spot her. It didn’t take long for them to board the train first, quickly taking the back seat of the train where its easier for them to feel at ease where no one can spot the tattoo on her neck.

Taking her seat, she pulled the hat down near her face while pulling her hair back. She felt almost petrified of Falkenrath at this point. Would he believe a word she’s saying? She doesn’t have any prove of what she did or didn’t do. Pulling her knees up on the seat as she buried her face, if someone were to pass by them it would seem like she is sleeping.
“I died with a bullet in chest...someone ratted us out...And no... I....I don’t have anyone or thing to go back to..I’d wind up dead again.” She whispered softly answering his first set of questions yet loud enough for his ears.

Last edited:

The small city of Osheen passes by, with Dieter not seeing more than a few people as the train runs out into the plains. He dabs forehead with the back of his sleeve as he listens to Melinda's explanation. In truth, he well knows that she died from gunfire. He had examined the wound prior to the operation. It isn't unusual, with the state of Fluryen in a chaotic state for last few years. Only recently has it started to become quiet again. During the worst times, even from the remote location of his lab, Falkenrath could hear gunshots. He could only imagine how much turmoil the city was in. He thought Melinda was a normal civilian, caught between the crossfire of authority and rebels. And now it seems the story flips...

"What do you mean, us? Don't tell me you're one of those," he looks around and leans closer, "rebels?"

He very much hoped not. The government controls everything Falkenrath is interested in obtaining. Reintroduction into the league of elite scientists? The decades award of medicine? He could get none of those if he goes behind bars for aiding a criminal.

His mind suddenly flickers back to his previous idea, and without thought, he voices it. "Okay... Tell me, have you considered reconstructing... your... face?" His eyes are downcast, he's never done facial operations, and neither does he know of one with the skills. And yet, he finds it hard to figure out another possibility. "You can't live like a fugitive forever. You know the authorities will find you, they always have a way."

Dieter stares out the window, it's been at least 20 years since he's been in Gerben. He really can't remember much of it. The iron city is still faraway, and with his current predicament, the ride will feel even longer.

Feeling a slight throbbing in her head while the train started to move, her memory of events that occurred prior to her death felt like a jumbled mess. Though she held her head low, she turned her head to the side in order to face him as her lips curled into a sweet smile for the first time while letting out a soft chuckle.

“Did you thought I was selling flowers? Should I have? Maybe we both wouldn’t be where we are...If it calms you..I don’t harm anyone...authorities included....” Her smile soon faded once she started to hear murmurs from the passengers wondering who the person of the poster be, some started to argue why the authorities aren’t finding the rebels quicker and locking them up. She soon started to realize why there were so many drawings of her specifically oppose to the other members. What happened to the rest of them?

“I need to find Adam, once we get there.” She said in a sense of urgency. Almost feeling worried now being in this train, she hopes no one would wonder around in the back until they reach their destination.
“Believe what you want doctor..but I think I’m being framed...”

Her blue orbs looked up at the doctor as e mentions about reconstructing her face. It caused her lips to curl into another smile but a reassuring one.
“That’s really sweet but...I’m afraid I’ll have to refuse that offer. They will find me either way...with or without it. How do you think I got it?” She said rhetorically while tapping the back of her neck.

She would show him the tattoo upon closer examination but it would be rather risky for her to do in a public area.
“Why would you want be aiding a rebel Dr. Falkenrath? We can go our separate ways once we’re in Gerben. Or are you just protecting me because I’m just your patient? And if you do manage to prove your experiment..you should be aware you’ll be exposing me to the public eye..all they care about is the reward money... what are you going to do afterwards? Should you stay with me, you’ll be a target as well.”

She wasn’t trying to scare the doctor, she was only listing the possibility of what could happen. To be honest, deep inside she still felt petrified out of her wits about being caught. She needed the doctor a lot more than he needed her.

Last edited:
"I'm speechless." Dieter shrinks into his seat. "To be frank, I really don't care what you did. I just needed you to be..." Normal, something he can proudly show off, the result of years of hard work. He held his tongue, however, knowing from experience that kind of expression isn't welcome. The problem is that he doesn't have a reliable way to reproduce his success. Right now, she's a freak accident. Until he does another resuscitation, he can't let her go.

"Anyway, I'm against you meeting this Adam. I definitely didn't resurrect you so you can continue your little rebellious act." He looks incredulously at her, "do you even remember what you were rebelling about?" Truly, Falkenrath has an aversion to rebel business. Only truly bored people would rebel. Think of a hardworking man, an engineer, a doctor, a miner. None of them has the time or energy to think about pointless ideals.

"To think there'd come a day when I'd have to choose between my work and my life..." When he closes his eyes, he could still see the flash of lightening from that night. What is the possibility of reproducing such a phenomenon? Next to zero, probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back