Land of Alagaësia

snakeyem12

RP obsessed
Alagaësia (pronounced al-uh-GAY-zee-uh)

A brief recent history: Alagaësia is a land that had been ruled by the evil dictator Galbatorix for over 100 years. He was a dragon rider and as such has control of magic, which meant he easily ruled with an iron fist. He was not challenged on his throne, as to earn it he first killed all other riders, the only people with enough power to kill him. When an elf stole a dragon egg, it was sent to a young boy, who the dragon hatched for. This boy eventually overthrew Galbatorix with training from the elves and the help of an army called the Varden, who had already been formed long before he was even a rider. The boy then proceeded to give dragon eggs to elves and humans and dwarves all across the land to show all races can be dragon riders.

Dragon riders (also known as shur'tagal or argetlam): After a war long ago between Dragons and Elves, a bond was created between the races so that they could never fight again. This bond is beneficial for both races, and allows them to understand each other, which was the main issue which caused the war to begin with. Later the bond began to involve humans, and after Galbatorix's reign the magic controlling the bonds was changed to allow dwarves and urgals, which are considered far less intelligent races. Through training, riders are capable of becoming some of the most powerful magicians and best swordsmen in the land (although they prefer to hide this) After full training, a weapon is forged for the rider by an elf. It is built for their battle techniques and matches the colour of the riders dragon. The connection between a dragon and rider is unbelievably strong, they can send each other images of what they see and feel what each other feels, whilst any dragon rider can speak to any dragon, but non-riders can't.

latest

Last edited by a moderator:
(any dragon speech is thought with the intention of speaking. So basically they don't actually speak but also they still have their own private thoughts.)

28 years ago

Saphira is out hunting when she sees the purple fog miles away. She watches it grow quickly, filling an area with invisible walls.

"Eragon!" She calls, knowing he is within the area. When she gets no response, she calls out again, trying to reach his mind, but failing to feel anything. She flies over to the purple fog, just avoiding the border as she circles it. Once the fog fades she flies in, only to see the whole area is empty. She doesn't search the entire land, but can't sense any people anywhere nearby. She again tries to contact Eragon, but can't reach him. He isn't dead, she would know, but he's not here. He's not anywhere she can reach, and she can feel him missing, feel the emptiness within her. 

The journey to Alagaësia is short for Saphira, even with the weight of many dragon eggs on her back and the weight of Eragons disappearance on her mind. On arriving, she immediately headed to Ellesméra, locating both Arya and Firnen without any issue at all.

"Atra esterní ono thelduin. Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr. Un du evarínya ono varda." Greets Saphira, bowing her head to her friend Arya, the elven queen, and Firnen, the queen's dragon.

The queen repeats the greeting, which is the end of required formalities, before beginning to speak to Saphira normally. "What brings you back bjartskular? Is everything okay? Where's Eragon?" Her tone quickly changes from regal and professional to caring and concerned, that of a friend rather than a ruler.

"He's missing." Replies Saphira, making no attempt to mask her anger. "He's completely blocked from me, I can't sense him at all." After a brief explanation of the situation and a lot of Arya calming Saphira down, it's decided that Saphira will stay in Ellesméra until she can find Eragon again, focusing her attention on giving eggs to the elves and trying to distract herself.

Present day

"He's back." Saphira states, pacing backwards and forwards within the large clearing. It's an odd sight, a dragon pacing, but Arya and Firnen don't care. They're more concerned about Saphira herself than her weird looking movements. "But I can't reach him. He's back but I can't reach him. And I don't even know where he is." 

Firnen's calming voice interferes her thoughts, "I know you're anxious to see him, but you must calm down. Stressing won't help you find him, and you must know that he's just as anxious to get back to you. It's been 28 years, you can wait a while for him to find you."

Saphira spins to face the slightly younger dragon, pressing her nose against his and growling loudly, "Exactly! It's been 28 years! I was only three when we got separated! We've spent so much time apart and I've done well not to go completely mad, so sorry if I'm in a rush to see him again!" She pauses for a moment, Firnen looking in her eyes and sending calming thoughts, completely unfazed by her outburst. 

"I'm sorry, I just need to see him."

"It's okay. I understand." Replies the younger, before taking off into the air, "Come hunting though, take your mind off of it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Eragon feels slightly more confident once he's alone on Stormfly. On a dragon in the air by himself. Exactly where he should be. Of course, it should be Saphira, but he'll be back with her soon. He tells Stormfly which way to go, and the trip between worlds actually seems easier today, so he should be faster than he expected. They reach Ellesméra about 10 minutes after they set off. He tells Stormfly to land and pats her on the back, trying to contact Saphira as they land in a field near the centre.

"Saphira!"
"Eragon! Where have you been? What have you been doing? Have you stayed out of trouble?" Is the immediate response.
Eragon laughs, although he knows Saphira can't hear it, and he tells her he's in just as much trouble as always. He doesn't need to be near her to know she sighs at that.

"I'm just outside the centre, look." He says, sending her images of what he sees once they've landed, jumping off Stormfly but not showing her in the image. They both know the entire area of Ellesméra well, so even if he can't say the name of where he is, the image should be enough. 

Saphira arrives after a quick goodbye to Arya and whilst she is clearly jealous at the fact Eragon came here on another dragon, she's happy enough with his explanation, and the three are headed back to Berk with Stormfly leading. Eragon and Saphira discuss about anything and everything, thoughts running so quickly they aren't even conversing, just sharing experiences, memories. Saphira taught the newest riders how to fly, watched them grow up and learn and helped to teach them magic. Eragon didn't do much at all, but he did really screw up when it came to Rumplestiltskin. Saphira didn't hesitate to punish him for that, spinning in the air to the point where Eragon felt sick and complaining at him for being such a rash idiot.

"You do realise she'll probably hate you?" Saphira asks as they approach Berk again.
"Who? Astrid? Why would she hate me?"
"It appears you've put her and possibly her home in danger, and then you ran away from the situation. And even if this isn't a real threat, you still lied to get about being a dragon rider." Eragon frowns. He hates it when Saphira's right. Which is pretty much all the time. There's a chance Astrid won't be mad though. If he goes in and sorts everything out it could be fine. Probably.

(Maybe just post your reaction to Eragon coming back after a post once you've investigated the problem a bit. He's been gone about twenty minutes before he gets back.  @Shandragontear and @Riuma)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back