Lady Regent Hillevi Iron Fist

Spectre of the Fade

Lady of Bad Fanfic

shieldmaiden_by_jfoliveras-da30nc3.jpg

Bubble

Basics:

Name: Lady Regent Hillevi Iron Fist; Sole Survivor of the Stormswords; Evie

Faction: The Iron Clan

High Concept: Seek freedom and personal purpose, protect Clan independence and safety, punch any obstacle to either of the previous in the face.

Species: Human

Sexuality: Pansexual

Personal: 

Biography:

With a father that was both cousin to the previous Highlady of the Iron Clan and her Regent for a number of years, her mother's lower position as a smith couldn't keep Hillevi from being raised as Ironborn. The couple had their arguments, of course, but they gave Hillevi a decent and consistent childhood, filled with training, helping her mother in her shop, or accompanying her father to less serious gatherings of the officers and lords to talk strategy. She grew up strong willed and short tempered, with a cocky attitude that was only fueled by her talent with the martial disciplines. As soon as she was of age to be made apart of a squad, she was brought on as the fifth member of a squad known titled the Stormswords. Its members were young and skilled, bonding as battle kin should over months of training together as a unit. It wasn't too long before the five were sent outside Clockwork on a scouting expedition; it was simple, merely scouting the edges of the Darklands for problematic enemy positions and reporting back so a more experienced squad could take them out. The officer in command of the squad, a young individual of twenty one years named Alva, decided that such an easy job wasn't enough for their first mission. The Stormblades would impress, they would make sure of it. The rest, including Hillevi (who was seduced by the idea of glory so early in her life as a warrior), were swayed to that act of insubordination with ease.

After finding a promising position to overtake, the five attacked the corrupted Fae holding it...and were crushed like ice under the hammer. A few of the Fae used Corruption Magic and the rookies, despite their training, had no idea how to protect themselves from such power directed at them. Hillevi ran after the rest of her squad crumpled, managed to get just the right direction and go just fast enough to escape the Fae pursuing her. She had abandoned her kin like a coward and yet the only reason she survived was that she got lucky; those were lessons she took hard. She was determined to rejoin the Ironborn as soon as her injuries healed, but her father refused to allow it. Instead, he enlisted her as an assistant. She followed him to meetings with officers and even the Highlady herself, managed his paperwork, learned the particulars of strategy and planning raids and scouting parties...and worked through the shame and emotional turmoil generated by the trauma she'd suffered, instead of channeling it into her work as Ironborn. That, of course, was what her father wanted from the action. The time spent recovering matured her and gave her a new sense of determination, though the loss of her first squad would scar her emotionally as well as physically for the rest of her days.

Hillevi was twenty one when she finally felt stable enough to join another squad; she was twenty five when she made officer. Her ascendance through the ranks was not easy, due to the shame associated with abandoning her battle kin as she had, but she pushed herself hard enough to impress anyways. It wasn't all that long after she made officer that her father passed of a wasting sickness, and five years of difficulties and occasional commendations later, she'd proven herself worthy to take the position he'd held and serve the new Highlord as her father had served Atranon's mother.

Personality:

Hillevi is a social and charismatic individual, with a dark and frequently sarcastic sense of humor that acts as a coping mechanism for stress and airing feelings she'd otherwise have difficulty dealing with. She carries with her an aura of confidence and self assurance, toned far down from the outright cockiness it was when she was younger, and that along with her passion and patriotism tend to be what motivates others to follow her orders and heed her advice. She also possesses a strong will and a strong sense of..well, sense. Trained as a decent strategist by her father, she is also quite capable when it comes to planning battles and utilizing her troops to the best advantage. When on the battlefield, she's easily labeled a berserker, using her training with guns and blades as well as her penchant for hand to hand combat to become a force of rage and violence.

All that said, she is also just as stubborn as the culture she fights to protect. Convincing her to take any position that isn't with her squad on the front lines is as easy as moving a mountain. Convincing her of anything carries the same level of difficulty, really, especially when it comes to the four subjects she feels she knows as well as anyone can: blades, strategy, alcohol, and card games. With a temper as short as her hair, Hillevi has thankfully earned some modicum of control over it and is no longer as much of the aggressive hothead she was before she earned the title of Sole Survivor. She's still very irritable, however, and very prone to getting snappy or even violent when someone or something gets on her nerves. When on the battlefield, she stops thinking strategy, too wrapped up in bloodlust and the glory of battle to pay attention to the enemy's movements.

Card games, dice games, games in general

Fisticuffs

The color green

Challenges

Dislikes:

Weapons that require excessive aim

Complacency, laziness, being idle

Caves and caverns

The color yellow

Hobbies:

Rock (and structure) climbing - The thing she tends to do most when not on duty. Not necessarily for the fun or for the views going to such high places affords, but for the challenge of the climb itself.

Gambling - Another place she tends to be seen is the local den of iniquity, playing card games or other games of luck. Luckily, she usually wins. Usually.

Tending her father's garden - After her father passed, Hillevi took charge of keeping up the small garden garden he kept on the patio of their home, and can sometimes be found there tending to the flowers or simply appreciating the sense of solitude the little enclosure grants.

Job Application

Regency: "I will defend my Highlord and my Clan with all the skills at my disposal. I will lead, fight, kill, and die as I may need to in order to secure a future of freedom for my people."

Allies: "Several. Namely, several officers and other Ironborn I've made friends with either in my ascension to Regent or while I worked under my father. My father, as well, though I'd not suggest raising the dead to confirm it. Too much work."

Regent's privilege: "I've been granted the Boomdragons, a squad of sappers. They're a fine squad; I am proud to fight beside them and call them battle kin, and their specialties are in explosives and the laying of traps."

Clash: "Betray my Highlord? No. Not unless Iron Clan independence is at stake."

Talents: "I'm as fine with a sword as I am with a firearm, outright exceptional with a pair of bladed gauntlets, and my father trained me as a tactician. If something gets in my way, I will break it or get around it."

Strengths: "I kick ass very well. Passion, as well, I suppose. Charisma and determination."

Weaknesses: "Impatient. Quick to anger. I hate to admit it, but I'm shit at orchestrating battle while on the battlefield. I'm also shit at marksmanship."

Fluff

- The moniker "Iron Fist", while accurately describing her favored fighting style, is actually a reference to a training incident in which she accidentally hit herself in the face and knocked herself out. The rest of the Stormswords began referring to her by it, and the name stuck.

Quotes for the codex:

"Death is. It cannot be stopped, it cannot be altered, so I might as well laugh in its face."

Theme song:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Betray my Highlord? No. I have known Athernon since he was a child, and I will not turn from him."

2 things: 

1. Apparently not close enough to realize his name is Atranon. 

2. The clash is essential, there has to be a breaking point somewhere or you wont save the world. It can be extreme but at some point you will have to betry him. As soon as you can find one reason to do it, I'll accept the sheet! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back