• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ❉ lacuna*: fruits basket

the horse

kenta
wata-
nabe

[tab=Tab]

outift: a dark purple kimono
interactions: peachiepalette peachiepalette
[/tab][/tab][/tabs]

Kenta's heart ached at the bare emotion in Takumi's voice. He remembered a time when the Ox wore his heart on his sleeve, but years apart had turned him inward. And Kenta knew he only had himself to blame. He expected the anger. A flash of the fiery boy he had known in their youth appeared, as quick to temper tantrums and fits of fury as when things didn't go his way. Yet still, Kenta flinched at being labelled a 'coward' by the one person whose good opinion he valued above all others. He had no defense, for deep down he knew the accusation rang true, though he tried to cover it with excuses of noble intention.

Yes, Kenta expected the anger, but not the tears.

His own eyes widened in helpless despair as he watched Takumi roughly brush at his eyes, feeling the knot in his own throat tighten further with each sob Takumi struggled to contain. Instinctively, he took a step closer, arms reaching out to pull his friend into the comfort of his embrace.

But he couldn't. Not here, not ever. He could never truly hold Takumi. His embrace would morph them both into the Ox and the Horse - the result of their curse - and one of the very things now keeping them apart.

Kenta dropped his arms but did not step away. Instead, he moved his body to shield Takumi from curious gazes, allowing the other man a moment to collect himself should he need it. Privacy was a luxury when you were one of the Zodiac hosts. Time was short on their hands and soon they would attract attention. Kenta rushed to say the words he had longed to say for so long, while the chance was still his.

"Takumi, I... I'm sorry," Kenta said quietly. He dropped his gaze, unable to meet Takumi's eyes as the guilt washed over him. "But I stand by my decision to leave. I thought the distance would help you move past... whatever feelings you once held for me."

Gently, hesitantly, he reached out again and brushed his fingers over the back of Takumi's hand, lingering but not grasping, giving Takumi the chance to accept or refuse the gesture.

"You are wrong about one thing though," Kenta murmured, inwardly pleading with him to understand. "I'm not... I'm not okay. Leaving you was -"

"Ah, there you are, Watanabe-san!"

Their time was up. Kenta whipped around at the intrusion, instincts taking over as he stepped in front of Takumi, shielding him from view. He plastered on a polite smile. "Sorry to keep you all waiting," Kenta called out in greeting to the photographers, who had finally tracked them down. His mind raced to find an escape, to buy Takumi a few extra minutes to regain his composure.

"Should we find another spot to take pictures? Perhaps the koi pond would offer nicer scenery," he suggested, gesturing for them to follow as he began to lead the group away.

He couldn't bring himself to look back, knowing it would break him to see Takumi's expression - the sadness, longing, and regret that was surely mirrored in his own eyes. Leaving Takumi's side once more felt like a knife to the gut, twisting and turning his insides mercilessly. He wasn't sure where they stood now, if they could ever reconcile and go back to being friends. With 84 days left, time was precious and fleeting.

But for now, duty called. All Kenta could do was put one foot in front of the other, clinging to the fragile hope that Takumi would forgive him in time.

coded by weldherwings.

Kenta's heart ached at the bare emotion in Takumi's voice. He remembered a time when the Ox wore his heart on his sleeve, but years apart had turned him inward. And Kenta knew he only had himself to blame. He expected the anger. A flash of the fiery boy he had known in their youth appeared, as quick to temper tantrums and fits of fury as when things didn't go his way. Yet still, Kenta flinched at being labelled a 'coward' by the one person whose good opinion he valued above all others. He had no defense, for deep down he knew the accusation rang true, though he tried to cover it with excuses of noble intention.

Yes, Kenta expected the anger, but not the tears.

His own eyes widened in helpless despair as he watched Takumi roughly brush at his eyes, feeling the knot in his own throat tighten further with each sob Takumi struggled to contain. Instinctively, he took a step closer, arms reaching out to pull his friend into the comfort of his embrace.

But he couldn't. Not here, not ever. He could never truly hold Takumi. His embrace would morph them both into the Ox and the Horse - the result of their curse - and one of the very things now keeping them apart.

Kenta dropped his arms but did not step away. Instead, he moved his body to shield Takumi from curious gazes, allowing the other man a moment to collect himself should he need it. Privacy was a luxury when you were one of the Zodiac hosts. Time was short on their hands and soon they would attract attention. Kenta rushed to say the words he had longed to say for so long, while the chance was still his.

"Takumi, I... I'm sorry,
" Kenta said quietly. He dropped his gaze, unable to meet Takumi's eyes as the guilt washed over him. "But I stand by my decision to leave. I thought the distance would help you move past... whatever feelings you once held for me."

Gently, hesitantly, he reached out again and brushed his fingers over the back of Takumi's hand, lingering but not grasping, giving Takumi the chance to accept or refuse the gesture.

"You are wrong about one thing though," Kenta murmured, inwardly pleading with him to understand. "I'm not... I'm not okay. Leaving you was -"

"Ah, there you are, Watanabe-san!"

Their time was up. Kenta whipped around at the intrusion, instincts taking over as he stepped in front of Takumi, shielding him from view. He plastered on a polite smile. "Sorry to keep you all waiting," Kenta called out in greeting to the photographers, who had finally tracked them down. His mind raced to find an escape, to buy Takumi a few extra minutes to regain his composure.

"Should we find another spot to take pictures? Perhaps the koi pond would offer nicer scenery," he suggested, gesturing for them to follow as he began to lead the group away.

He couldn't bring himself to look back, knowing it would break him to see Takumi's expression - the sadness, longing, and regret that was surely mirrored in his own eyes. Leaving Takumi's side once more felt like a knife to the gut, twisting and turning his insides mercilessly. He wasn't sure where they stood now, if they could ever reconcile and go back to being friends. With 84 days left, time was precious and fleeting.

But for now, duty called. All Kenta could do was put one foot in front of the other, clinging to the fragile hope that Takumi would forgive him in tim
e.

The bridge between the Earth and the Heavens

Zhou Rui Xi

A last ditch effort, a swan song, a bomb strapped to her chest. The culmination of their suffering was lost among the crowd of devotees ready to jump onto any grenade thrown Arashi's way. Where cameras once exploded in whites and reds now stood still, dark, and unresponsive to Koinishi's beating heart.

The dragon's own heart strained against its human host, wanting fiercely to yell, to fight, to lose the dignity that she'd fought all morning to maintain.

And so she stepped forward.

"You're all fools! Worshiping a god in name only. Ask him the last time he performed a miracle for his people!" Rui Xi hissed, an accent welling from a place once locked away, "地 獄 會 歡 迎 你 們*."

But the words fell on deaf, unknowable ears. The press turned their cameras on the more pliant hosts in the zodiac while who showed sympathy were shepherded away for further blessings. Arashi had left, no doubt hiding the satisfaction that his well-managed puppets provided him.

Would calling them "sheeple" be too on the nose?

Rui Xi walked back to Konishi. "You finally stood up for yourself," she said, a sad smile emerging on her face. Her hand was ready to wrap itself around the host's shoulder, but quickly drew back once she remembered her place on the wheel. "We may have failed here, but we didn't bury the hatchet to give up, right?"

mood | No
scroll

location | Rakusuien Garden, Fukoba

translator's note | "Hell will welcome you all" written in traditional Mandarin because Rui Xi is extra

tag | (Konishi) Lost Echo Lost Echo

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Ai Koba

The Rooster

Mood:

a little optimistic

Rakusuien Gardens

Outfit:

It was natural Koki voice his hunger, even at a time like this. Well, it was natural for Koki. Her dull eyes shifted from Yori's serene smile to Koki's nonchalant stare. How the dog's shoulders had no trace of tension within them. Yori walked even with a spring in his broken steps. She questioned their motives. Was it all to cope? Was it to put on a brave face for the ones who could not bear their fate? Koki's arm hooked around the small of hers, and she could feel the warmth of Yori on the other side of her. Maybe they did not know it, but they held her up, held her straight. She remembered their small, sweet faces. Yori's sugary jokes and Koki's endearing dependence. Even now, you are both still saving me from the dark, she thought.

Naturally with little word, she followed their plan to go to a nearby teahouse. The servants might have found it offensive to stray from the itinerary and the crowd, but many would have the opportunity to take pictures of them from the window. Good publicity for a small business -- the Dog, Monkey, and Rooster in their final days, sharing one of the few final meals.

Excuse me.
Excuse me!

Ai stopped. With uncharacteristic strength, she held Koki and Yori sternly to her sides.

I know most of you know me, but my name is Miura Konishi.
Stunned, she her soul captured the moment unlike the inactive cameras. Ko-chan? Her lips parted, betraying the monotonous mask she wore. She noticed the group early, of Arashi with the Sheep and Dragon -- it must have been an argument to inspire such rebellion in a girl usually so docile. Her words drew warm tears down her frosty face. Even though the witnesses seemed perplexed or unmoved by her speech, the Dragon doubled down.

You're all fools! Worshiping a god in name only. Ask him the last time he performed a miracle for his people!

To see the collected Dragon unravel nourished Ai's soul. The light was returning -- her fellow Zodiacs did not lay and take it. She cried. The tears would not stop, and cameras hid their large, black eyes from her. The tears ran down in complicated streams of joy, of despair, of excitement, of dread of what to come. Even as the servants noticed and likely interpreted Ai's longing face as a sign of support, she kept them on every camera she could. She wanted them to see her face. The servants cut it short, pushing them to the next cage, but Ai fought.

"No! Koki-kun said he was hungry! And Yori-kun wants tea! He's cold! I'm... I'm..."

Her appetite returned.

"I'm starving!" She yelled at their frustrated faces, enough to evoke intrigued looks from visitors. Maybe that would be enough for them to allow the trio to go -- and if so, she was paying.

♡design by stardust galaxy, coded by uxie♡

scroll
THE CAT

mood:
wants to go home.

Blue eyes rolling with a deliberate slowness, Reiji didn’t bother hiding his disgust at Akane’s playful words. The teasing tone, the casual assumption of care — it irked him, and yet, a hint of warmth flickered beneath his veneer. He almost felt repulsed by his first instinct to respond Of course I care. Instead, Reiji remained silent even as she remarked on his unpopularity.

His grimace deepened as Nova joined in on the teasing, bringing him closer with a hand on his shoulder. While Reiji was relieved to see the Tiger looking more like herself, he wanted to squirm away from the contact. ❝ You– Wild yet charming? More like brash and boring, and Akane is anything but an innocent little bunny. ❞ He remarked, words laced with aridity.

❝ Anyways, I don’t know what they’d say about just the two of you, but if for some inane reason the public glances in this direction while I’m still here, they’ll just assume you were forced next to me. So… don’t worry, or whatever. ❞ Reiji shrugged. It was clear that at least one of the reasons the pair were beside him, was to leverage his unpopularity. It was not uncommon for others to seek Reiji out to use his unwanted presence as a shield, but what surprised him every time was how he didn’t mind.

Before he could speak again, Reiji’s attention wavered as his ears picked up on something ahead. While the trio were at the far back, their increasing animal awareness allowed them to hear a sudden murmur pick up in the distance. Reiji did not yet have his ‘permanent’ feline ears but the curse’s effects were evident in his senses, and he paused in his steps.

Quiet.

Whatever it was, it had gone as quickly as it came. Reiji exchanged curious glances with the others. It seemed they were still too far back, though he swore he’d heard Konishi’s voice, or something similar to it.

With a resigned shrug, Reiji dismissed the fleeting curiosity. Whatever fiasco was unfolding ahead of them, he didn’t want to deal with it; He was sure he’d hear about it soon. With the impending curse on them, he wouldn’t be surprised if they were called to a zoo. The dark haired man then turned back to Akane and Nova, refocusing his attention on them with an unamused stare as they went back to their lively banter.

The end of the day couldn’t come soon enough for Reiji, but the presence of the two made it bearable– a fact he’d never admit.

♡coded by uxie♡

Konishi felt hollow. Blood was rushing in her ears, that crept up her head to join her horns. With the words out, the things that she’d hoarded like Rui Xi’s dragon were gone. She was empty. She saw the older woman step forward to curse at the cameras, but Konishi didn’t move.

She felt numb. Empty. Gone. It was only because of that--the emotions that should be flooding her, distant instead--that she kept her human form. Her lips were parted, and her eyes wide with rectangular pupils. She turned, trying to look at Rui Xi when she touched her shoulder, but unable to see her straight on. The woman’s words escaped her, but she nodded nonetheless.

The dragon was so strong. Could she keep Konishi from collapsing now that she was empty? Surely the depth of this hollow feeling meant any support she had inside was gone. Slowly the words registered and her nod meant something the second time. Yes. They shouldn't have tried to use his reporters, but surely Rui Xi knew some journalists they could talk to. Her parents would know.

Steve Jobs Steve Jobs

lacuna

80 DAYS REMAINING

scroll

11AM SUNDAY
FEBRUARY 5TH

It is cold in Hiroshima. The reporters, local politicians, and other elites bundle themselves in their coats. The God addresses the crowd, his Zodiac standing behind him. "We wish all in Hiroshima a blessed Year of the Rabbit-" He lears his throat. "And we hope in this new year that you will all-" The God frowns and turns to cough. He opens his mouth to begin again, but their voice fails. He coughs again into the back of his hand. He tenses before slipping the hand into his pocket and accepting a bottle of water from a reporter with the other.

As the God finishes continues speech, the air begins to smell like burning ozone.

♡coded by uxie♡

Ai Koba

The Rooster

Mood:

concerned, nervous

Mitaki-dera

Outfit:

Four days passed, and Ai would stare fearfully at the calendar as the time grinded down. As her humanity started to slip. Every stop they made throughout Japan sent her deeper into distress, but she noticed the others were numb to it. Some waved robotically and forced a smile. She admired Yori's strong optimism in this impending death of theirs. Animals? If they were, it was cattle. She checked a few news sources on her phone, and none broadcasted Konishi's speech. In the past few days, the little lamb kept to herself and hid her face from the public -- for good reason too. Arashi was upset. Maybe it wasn't this way for all members of the Zodiac, but she could not sleep right if she knew she upset Arashi -- not that she ever did, besides when she left the Compound. Her small body could sense it. As they all stood in proper order behind their God earlier, her shoulders had an all too familiar tension. He was coughing. She was not one of his favorites, but she knew that was unlike him. Under public scrutiny, he was poised. Never a hair out of place.

Her emerald gaze drifted to the youngest of the bunch -- she was not sure why -- but there were deep lines of awe and worry in his face. Kazue's eyes were glued to Arashi's back. Her lips parted until the flash of a camera set her back to the crowd.

She had not gotten a chance to speak to Konishi, but now was finally time. They were free to explore the city, and she thought of a place that may not have cameras stalking them. It was dreadfully cold, and she wore an outfit to not draw the eye, despite the servants' protests. She took Konishi's limp hand and led her to a train station, where Nova somehow caught up with them. Ai normally was a stuttering mess around the Tiger, but her nurturing and care seized all her nerves. That, and they were cursed to be animals in 80 days.

....And she couldn't miss how the Tiger's eyes fixated on the Rabbit. Not her. Never her. She smiled softly and sadly at her lap and kept a hold on Konishi's hand. The Sheep was deep in her head. Quiet. With an uncharacteristic courage, Ai made small talk with Nova on the train until they arrived. There were curious eyes, smartphones out to record them, but they retreated into the area of the Buddhist Temple of Mitaki-dera, where no one would dare make a fuss in such a peaceful place.

"Ko-chan," Ai muttered, standing near some statues. She squeezed the Sheep's hand.
"It was very brave what you did. I think you should be proud of yourself. It... helped a lot of people see the truth, even if you may not believe so," Ai encouraged, and she looked up at Nova for backup.

"Torazawa-san, don't you think so too?" she asked. She was always stiff and formal with Nova... when she wasn't running away from her.

takumi

scroll

mood
Finally a moment of peace

outfit
no thank u ✻✻✻[/url]

tag
nyxievous nyxievous

They had all played their part, acted in their roles behind their God as they addressed the crowd. It was all a complete joke, though Takumi was sure that everyone else had expressed the unfairness of wasting their time enough that he didn’t need to say anything about it. Tense and feeling more awkward than he could even begin to put into words, even in front of everyone, his eyes trailed down the line to Kenta as his mouth twisted into something of discomfort while Arashi spoke. They hadn’t managed to be in the same space together since their conversation (argument) and Takumi was left to bask in the unfortunate circumstances of this exact moment.

In the past, Takumi could admit that he might have been a bit of a dramatic person. To say that just a few days ago with Kenta was his most dramatic moment would be quite a stretch… but the most dramatic moment in recent times– His head was still spinning. It was true that emotions had been stirring for all the Zodiacs, but the heightened intensities flowing through him was leaving the Ox with a tingling sense of unease beneath his skin.

As soon as they had been released for their time on their own, everyone seemed to scramble and part their ways, though there seemed to be only a few people he could rely on to smooth the rough edges. Few could calm the storm that felt ever-growing, and they were just a call away.

Pushing open the door to the coffee shop, Takumi let out a breath of air as he drank in the aroma of the caffeinated drinks, his shoulders almost seeming to relax by themselves at the prospects of being able to have a moment of peace. Even more so, when he laid eyes on Saki and Kaede, he even managed a grin as she made his way over to them with a simple, ”How are we holding up?”

The bridge between the Earth and the Heavens

Zhou Rui Xi

In the days leading up to Hiroshima, Rui Xi spent her downtime researching leads into the past iterations of the zodiac hosts. Regardless of how many times the cycle repeated itself there was a definite beginning so if she could find the conditions that started the curse, perhaps she could figure out how to end it. Of the places she found, the Izumi Museum of Art seemed to be the most promising as they claimed to have artwork depicting zodiacs in their past incarnations.

However, she couldn't explore the whole museum by herself (at least not in a timely manner).

Given that she had no desire to be around Arashi, it felt only fitting that Rui Xi call upon the other agent responsible for their predicament. She may not have cared to hang around Reiji due to his animosity towards her role in memory erasure, but she was sure that he wanted to break the curse too.

If you want to break the curse, meet me at the Izumi Museum of Art after Arashi's speech.

Separately, she texted Yori with the added promise of a souvenir from the gift shop.

The following morning, Rui Xi resisted the urge to smirk at Arashi's unfortunate coughing fit captured on live television. Instead, she ducked the press and took the metro to the museum and waited on the steps for her fellow hosts to arrive.

If worst came to worse, she could message Konishi and hope that her mental state had repaired itself in the four days since their failed press release.

mood | Irritated
scroll

location | Izumi Museum of Art, Hiroshima

tag | Reiji kunikuzushi kunikuzushi Yori Skryeb Skryeb

© weldherwings.

arashi.

The God stares out of his hotel window and looks out at the city below. Over a million souls reside in Hiroshima. Most of them worship the ground Arashi walks on and yet they feel... alone. He closed himself off after the blessing and remained in his room in the hours that followed. Now, the empty space of his suite is too much to bear. Arashi swears he will go insane if he remains inside any longer. And so, they make a call.

Wearing a coat, a black mask, and a simple hat, they hope to remain unnoticed. He steps outside his hotel door and the plan is immediately thwarted. Arashi meets U-Jin's pale eyes with his own and exhales slowly.

"Standing outside my door now?"
They question softly.
"I didn't expect you to be back to work so soon."

"No rest for the wicked." He tucks his phone into his pocket. "Well, here I am. There was really no where else for me to wait for you."

Arashi hums and quietly observes The Snake's expression.
“I have been neglecting you, haven't I?”
They murmur and reach to brush their fingers through U-Jin's hair.
“I didn't mean to.”
As close as an apology as one can get with him. Arashi steps closer to him as they twirl a few strands of his hair between their fingers.
“You know that, right?”

His lips part with something venomous to say back, but the near apology and closeness stops it on the tip of his tongue. "You let me be the last to know." Accusatory but not harsh, definitely not harsh enough as he ducks his head. "Not a visit or a call, I had to take matters into my own hand instead."

A flash of anger crosses Arashi's face, but he composes himself. The God bears the burden of blame again. He reminds himself that U-Jin was not there, and that as his God he had not done what he should have.
“I didn't know,”
Arashi speaks as he takes the side of U-Jin's head in his hands.
“They told us at the banquet. Not a single one of them told me beforehand.”
He kisses the top of his head.
“You know my moods. You were ill, and I was... indisposed.”
A cruel laugh escapes their lips.
“And then the tour began. Bastards. They stand and watch from the sidelines knowing they are taking you all away from me.”

Arashi's hand slips to the back of U-Jin's neck.
“I won't let it happen,”
they whisper into U-Jin's ear, pulling The Snake close.

Shortly after, he encourages U-Jin to follow as he takes the elevator downstairs to the Zodiac floor. They knock on The Rat's door.
“Put on something to hide your face,”
he orders Kazue.
“We're going somewhere.”

A black car waits for them outside the hotel. The driver opens the door for them both to sit in the back. Arashi waits for Kazue, then slides in beside him with U-Jin following after. They manage to slip away undetected by anyone hoping to catch a glance at the famously elusive Zodiacs and their God. Silence lingers in the air.

And then,
“The others don't understand. The lengths they are willing to go.”
Arashi speaks softly.
“But I have played this game for a long time. If there is a way to break it, I will find it.”
He swallows hard.
“No matter the cost.”

slow dancing in the dark

joji

♡coded by uxie♡

Akane

mood.

Awkward, Embarrassed.

location.

Hiroshima Castle

tags.

The stop at Hiroshima did not go as planned for Arashi. Anyone with common sense within the Zodiac Clan could instantly tell that their God was thrown off by the coughing fit he had to endure. And, if Akane were honest, it alarmed her as well. If they had a moment of weakness, Arashi never dared show it in front of anyone, especially not the public eye. What would happen to them after the speech? She began to feel unease at the scent of burning ozone, the smell only making her more concerned.

The Rabbit did her best to veil said concern throughout the rest of the day, knowing that any interaction with them would raise a few eyebrows. Not to mention, it would only frustrate them further. It left an odd, hollow feeling in her chest, combined with the familiar feeling of the loss of control. It made her crave for an anchor. Someone who stayed confident and true. Hell, if she couldn't act upon her feelings, maybe being around someone who did would make her feel better.

It was for this reason that when Kenta mentioned wanting to hike around Hiroshima Castle, Akane immediately asked to join him. A few of the Zodiac looked at her in shock, as if she had never worked out in her life. The thought made her arch a brow before commenting,

"How do you think I'm able to sing and perform for hours on end? Magic?"

Now, she stands clad in a matching red workout set, prepped for the cool weather whilst holding a water bottle. White hair was pulled up in a bun, and in that moment, she looked nearly normal.... nearly. Eventually, Kenta joined her, and the two set off on their hike.

The scenery was a nice change of pace, with history being an intriguing bonus. However, Akane felt the awkwardness of the moment begin to creep up on her. She and Kenta hadn't talked much, despite her admiring his tenacity from the sidelines. She did, however (like most of the other zodiacs) know about his history with Arashi.

It was possibly the only thing they had in common.

To try and ease her own nervousness, Akane cleared her throat, "Um.. thanks for letting me come with. I... I know we don't talk much." Her voice, unlike the one used for the public, is much more reserved. Less bubbly. "But I'm glad for the chance to." She looked over at him before continuing,

"This is embarrassing... but I have been meaning to ask you how I..." She stopped herself, pale cheeks reddening at the idiocy of her question, "Well. How I learn who I am." Akane paused, before continuing.

"I don't know my purpose. And, I don't expect you to know it either, but... You know what you want. And you act on it. I envy you for that." The Rabbit had a hard time looking at the brunette walking beside her, and decided to let her ruby gaze fall upon the architecture as they walked past. "What I'm saying is.. I need advice."

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll me!

Interactions
e v i e v i Lost Echo Lost Echo

Nova Torazawa

The Tiger

It was a strange feeling that overcame Nova as they seemed to quickly dash through their designated stops. The countdown that she had manually set on her phone was a distasteful reminder of what was soon to pass for them. The change that was constantly looming over their shoulders and rearing its head whenever it could in the appearance of animalistic characteristics. The mood seemed to vary amongst the zodiacs as there were a few that were on either end of the spectrum from devasted to sickeningly gleeful to fool those around them into a false sense of comfort. Nova had gotten to the level of acceptance where she felt that they may as well make the best of the time they have left. Especially since no one seemed any closer to discovering how the hell they were going to break the curse.

She found herself in a smaller group consisting of Ai, Konishi, and herself. Truly one of the less expected bunches considering how the other two were prey animals that she hadn't had as much of a relationship with once they all reached adulthood. While they sat on the public transit, she offered the silently screaming onlookers a rakish grin and used her larger frame to conceal as much of Ai and Konishi as she could. Konishi was in a state where she seemed to be trapped within herself from Nova's perspective. The Sheep was even milder than usual and had the overall aura of one that has been stopped by an impregnable wall. The least she could do was allow some sort of reprieve from the public eye, even if it was temporary.

Nova wasn't really sure what to make of Ai. She could tell that the girl cared for Konishi during this time as she was the one that dragged them off to the station. The girl was often caring but always maintained a weird tension whenever they interacted. It was almost as if she was nervous around Nova but she couldn't truly figure out the cause. For sometime, she believed that it may have been caused by their baser instincts. She quietly followed behind The Rooster and Sheep duo, offering the less respectful observers a steely gaze that forced them to look away in fear. It was the least she could do to offer a more relaxed environment as they entered the temple. Nova found herself marveling at the architecture and the pure air that seemed to blanket the area. Nova's ears perked up at Ai's voice that had adopted a reassuring tone.

She picked up on Ai's silent look for assistance in reassuring Konishi before she realized that Ai had once again referred to her by her family name. Ai was probably the only one in the compound that ever referred to her as only a Torazawa. Nothing more, nothing less. Almost in the way one would call out to an associate that was neither hated nor loved by the one calling out to them. Nova huffed loudly and crossed her arms across her chest before meeting Ai's eyes directly, ''Ai is right Konishi, even though your speech will not be shown around through television or radio it meant a lot to the meeker zodiacs to see you stand up for yourself. I'm proud of you for taking that ass Arashi on, it takes big bal- horns, big horns to do what you did.'' Nova lightly rubbed small, reassuring circles on Konishi's back with her gaze still focused on Ai. ''After all this time, I can't believe you still call me Torazawa. What's it gonna take for you to just call me 'Nova', while you have a cute nickname for Konishi. You're older than me too so there's no need for any honorifics between us.''

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

the horse

kenta
wata-
nabe

[tab=Tab]

outift: here
interactions: leviohsa leviohsa
[/tab][/tab][/tabs]

Rare were the occasions when Kenta witnessed or heard about their God falling ill, a circumstance he could count on one hand. Casting a perplexed glance towards Arashi, Kenta pondered if it was merely the cold weather taking its toll. A swift survey of his fellow Zodiac Hosts revealed equal parts surprise and concern etched upon their faces.

Brushing off the matter, Kenta decided it wasn't his business to dwell on. Their God's health was no longer his responsibility.

With the blessings concluded, the Horse found himself at a loss for how to spend his newfound free time. The past four days had been a whirlwind of city tours, forced smiles, and superficial interactions. Now, with an unexpected surplus of time, Kenta found himself unsure of how to proceed.

Seated in the hotel lobby alongside his fellow zodiacs, Kenta idly flipped through a brochure, and made a comment to no one in particular (though his gaze drifted towards Takumi) that a hike might be a nice way to see more of Hiroshima. To his surprise, Akane expressed interest in joining him. While Kenta wasn't shocked by the Rabbit's affinity for outdoor activities, he found himself intrigued by her sudden desire to spend time with him. Kenta had always felt a little too loud, too unsure of how to act around the reserved Rabbit, afraid he'd spook her if he moved too suddenly.

Nevertheless, Kenta welcomed the opportunity to spend time with her, his curiosity piqued. So, at the appointed time, he met up with her in the lobby after having changed into a sweatshirt and track pants, and looking nowhere near as stylish as her. Kenta chuckled as he met Akane in the lobby. "You look like you're ready for a photoshoot," he teased before they embarked on their hike, the brisk winter air nipping at their cheeks.

Akane's words during said hike were even more surprising than her initial request to join him. The nervous, quiet tone of her voice was unexpected and made Kenta glance at her curiously as he tilted his head. "Well, I wasn't going to say no to you on your year, y'know?" he said, half-teasingly, hoping to put her a little at ease. "The little rabbit can have whatever she requests this year," he added with a chuckle.

Her confession about her uncertainty left Kenta momentarily speechless, his brow furrowing in surprise. "You don't know your purpose?" he echoed incredulously. "You always seemed so sure of yourself. I thought you had it all figured out," he admitted, shaking his head in disbelief. "Funny enough, I once considered being an idol like you. Turns out I'm not much of a singer."

The realization that Akane envied him left Kenta feeling strangely hypocritical. Did she truly believe he had everything figured out? Admittedly, he had harbored similar thoughts about her. Akane's flawless public image had always seemed unshakeable, leaving Kenta with no reason to question it. Yet, her unexpected turn to him for advice left him feeling uncertain of his own capabilities. Did he truly possess the wisdom to guide her? Most days, he felt like he was navigating through life blindly, relying on instinct rather than certainty. Did any of them truly have it all figured out?

As they continued their stroll, Kenta's brisk jog gradually slowed to a leisurely pace, the crunch of leaves beneath their feet accompanying their conversation. He had grown accustomed to the peculiar feeling of half-formed hooves on his feet, concealed by his shoes. An idle thought crossed his mind as he wondered when his hands would undergo a similar transformation.

"I think you already know who you are," Kenta began, his hands finding their way into his pockets as he spoke, his tone thoughtful. Was self-awareness an innate quality, or did it require introspection and exploration? He wasn't sure. "I mean, I don't mean to dismiss your concerns, but, well, don't we all know who we are deep down?" he asked as his gaze drifted ahead.

"Maybe it's not even about discovering who you are, but rather, identifying what's holding you back from acting on what you want to do," Kenta suggested. Pausing to meet Akane's gaze, he offered her a reassuring smile. "And with only a few days remaining... you'll have to ask yourself if it's worth it anymore. Holding back, I mean," he remarked gently. If only he took his own advice sometimes.

"I can't promise that this will solve all your problems or unveil your life's purpose," he admitted with a shrug. "But it could be a step in the right direction. Letting go." Leaning against a nearby railing, Kenta's smile widened as he met Akane's eyes. "And if that doesn't work, well, there's always room for a little adventure. Sometimes, living a little is all it takes to discover yourself."

coded by weldherwings.

Rare were the occasions when Kenta witnessed or heard about their God falling ill, a circumstance he could count on one hand. Casting a perplexed glance towards Arashi, Kenta pondered if it was merely the cold weather taking its toll. A swift survey of his fellow Zodiac Hosts revealed equal parts surprise and concern etched upon their faces.

Brushing off the matter, Kenta decided it wasn't his business to dwell on. Their God's health was no longer his responsibility.

With the blessings concluded, the Horse found himself at a loss for how to spend his newfound free time. The past four days had been a whirlwind of city tours, forced smiles, and superficial interactions. Now, with an unexpected surplus of time, Kenta found himself unsure of how to proceed.

Seated in the hotel lobby alongside his fellow zodiacs, Kenta idly flipped through a brochure, and made a comment to no one in particular (though his gaze drifted towards Takumi) that a hike might be a nice way to see more of Hiroshima. To his surprise, Akane expressed interest in joining him. While Kenta wasn't shocked by the Rabbit's affinity for outdoor activities, he found himself intrigued by her sudden desire to spend time with him. Kenta had always felt a little too loud, too unsure of how to act around the reserved Rabbit, afraid he'd spook her if he moved too suddenly.

Nevertheless, Kenta welcomed the opportunity to spend time with her, his curiosity piqued. So, at the appointed time, he met up with her in the lobby after having changed into a sweatshirt and track pants, and looking nowhere near as stylish as her. Kenta chuckled as he met Akane in the lobby. "You look like you're ready for a photoshoot," he teased before they embarked on their hike, the brisk winter air nipping at their cheeks.

Akane's words during said hike were even more surprising than her initial request to join him. The nervous, quiet tone of her voice was unexpected and made Kenta glance at her curiously as he tilted his head. "Well, I wasn't going to say no to you on *your* year, y'know?" he said, half-teasingly, hoping to put her a little at ease. "The little rabbit can have whatever she requests this year," he added with a chuckle.

Her confession about her uncertainty left Kenta momentarily speechless, his brow furrowing in surprise. "*You* don't know your purpose?" he echoed incredulously. "You always seemed so sure of yourself. I thought you had it all figured out," he admitted, shaking his head in disbelief. "Funny enough, I once considered being an idol like you. Turns out I'm not much of a singer."

The realization that Akane envied him left Kenta feeling strangely hypocritical. Did she truly believe he had everything figured out? Admittedly, he had harbored similar thoughts about her. Akane's flawless public image had always seemed unshakeable, leaving Kenta with no reason to question it. Yet, her unexpected turn to him for advice left him feeling uncertain of his own capabilities. Did he truly possess the wisdom to guide her? Most days, he felt like he was navigating through life blindly, relying on instinct rather than certainty. Did any of them truly have it all figured out?

As they continued their stroll, Kenta's brisk jog gradually slowed to a leisurely pace, the crunch of leaves beneath their feet accompanying their conversation. He had grown accustomed to the peculiar feeling of half-formed hooves on his feet, concealed by his shoes. An idle thought crossed his mind as he wondered when his hands would undergo a similar transformation.

"I think you already know who you are," Kenta began, his hands finding their way into his pockets as he spoke, his tone thoughtful. Was self-awareness an innate quality, or did it require introspection and exploration? He wasn't sure. "I mean, I don't mean to dismiss your concerns, but, well, don't we all know who we are deep down?" he asked as his gaze drifted ahead.

"Maybe it's not even about discovering who you are, but rather, identifying what's holding you back from acting on what you *want* to do," Kenta suggested. Pausing to meet Akane's gaze, he offered her a reassuring smile. "And with only a few days remaining... you'll have to ask yourself if it's worth it anymore. Holding back, I mean," he remarked gently. If only he took his own advice sometimes.

"I can't promise that this will solve all your problems or unveil your life's purpose," he admitted with a shrug. "But it could be a step in the right direction. Letting go." Leaning against a nearby railing, Kenta's smile widened as he met Akane's eyes. "And if that doesn't work, well, there's always room for a little adventure. Sometimes, living a little is all it takes to discover who we truly are."

scroll

The Rat

Kazue Himitsu

car

outfit

location here

interactions

interactions here

tags

tags here

Earlier that Morning, 4:49 AM

Kazue could not sleep. Not when he deeply felt something wrong in the trenches of his soul. They were more distant during the tour. Kazue stood sleepily outside His door. He prayed. The servants who stood diligent watch knew it was not out of the ordinary. I pray You heal. I pray You come near me. I pray You feel my love. His hands trembled. I have loved You for centuries. I cannot stop. For The Rat in the tale lied, cheated, stole to be close to God -- and was rewarded for it. To set aside one's virtues, one's soul to throw themselves at the feet of another.... was that not the purest, truest love? A love that thrust him into darkness and Arashi into light?

Hours After The God's Announcement

Put on something to hide your face. We're going somewhere.

He hung on every word and obeyed. Any time Arashi spoke to him, Their lovely tenor voice dribbled into his ears like honey. He hadn't calmed down since the announcement. It was unlike Arashi to cough. Mostly all Zodiacs noticed it, but they hadn't wanted to rush to Arashi's side like Kazue did. Many would dismiss it as a simple cold, but a simple cold was something He could suppress. And would. This was something strange and scary. And the odd smell that followed after...

Kazue dressed and walked down to the car waiting for them. He entered and warmed considerably when Arashi slipped in beside him. And then... U-Jin? Though his face was covered by a black mask, his eyes relayed their shock at the sight of The Snake. Pleasant surprise, rest assured. He barely heard a word from him since the holidays. Vague texts, but it was more than any other Zodiac heard. His eyes softened and said to The Snake It is nice to see you. I missed you.

The others don't understand. The lengths they are willing to go.
But I have played this game for a long time. If there is a way to break it, I will find it.
No matter the cost.

Kazue's hands moved to hold Arashi's one hand. If he was around Arashi, he always wanted to touch Them in some way, ever since he met Them. He knew it was impossible, but he wished to absorb any ailment Arashi possessed.

"Please, not at the cost of Your well-being, Arashi-sama," Kazue said softly. His coughing... Kazue hinted at it tactfully, as to not imply there was any weakness in his God.
"I want You to be healthy, always."

When Arashi had a private conversation with Kazue about the Zodiac turning into animals in January, Kazue gave Them his unvarying reply.
I don't care if I am a Rat, a man, a cockroach, a speck of dust, Arashi-sama. So long as I may please You.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood fatigued

location cafe in hiroshima

outfit here

tag ven ven & peachiepalette peachiepalette

Nakano Murasaki

/* ------ right side ------ */
The day was long, and, of course, full of press time for Saki and her fellow Zodiac. It was easy to hide the fatigue her curse threw upon her when the groups stayed in constant motion. Answering questions, posing for cameras, walking their designated paths... That could be done with ease. However, when the camera flashes dissipated, and she was left in the lobby with the others, she felt the weight of her bones, sinking into the plush couch. Were couches in hotel lobbies supposed to be this soft?

She immediately began to feel uncomfortable, the vulnerability of being so exhausted out in the open, in front of people she was trying so hard to be a pillar for, making her exhaustion twist itself into anxiety. So, she straightened her posture before watching the rest of the Zodiac split off into their own groups. Finally, it was only herself and Kaede, who--Saki had to admit--put up a great front. Being an idol, it must be almost muscle memory to keep up the act of peppy optimism and overall good cheer.

Saki knew better, though. She also knew, that she desperately needed a caffeine boost. So, she nudged the younger girl beside her with a smirk, "Hey, you. Let's check out that cafe we walked past the other day. You know, the one with the kitty on the logo?" It didn't take much else to convince Kaede to join her on her seemingly spontaneous venture.

On her way there, she was surprised to receive a text from Takumi, asking to meet up. And so, she shot him a quick text telling him where they were headed with a tired smile.

It was a smile similar to the one Takumi flashed at her and Kaede, who both now sat with their drinks at table with a booth. "How are we holding up?"

Saki held her mug in her gloved hands (if one could even call the two pairs of digits hands), which held her vanilla flat white, before speaking, "Well, I know I'm 35, but this tour is making me feel about thirty years older than that." She admitted with a huff, taking a big sip of her coffee. "What about you?"

Her tone was casual, as if their lives weren't being snuffed within the year. But, she refused to let the others fall into the pit of despair. Curses are not broken by wallowing. And, she knew that everyone, including herself, were having their own crises. What they needed, she thought, was someone to lighten the burden of a cursed life.

© weldherwings.

She had to hide in the herd. Blend in. Not exist. After four days of this hypervigilance, that was all she wanted. Who did she fear more, Arashi or the Servants? They’d come, as she expected, that night. Bypassing her locked hotel door with the ease of an assassin. She’d expected a punishment. She wasn’t like Rui Xi: a sheep was easy to control. She’d done worse than anything Reiji had ever done. Surely they’d take out their anger on her?

But all they’d done was talk. Oh it was enough to remind her of her place. Beneath their boots. Or at least Arashi’s. But she’d forgotten. She’d been so focused on reaching out finally. Thinking she had nothing to lose. But she’d put her family back on their radar. They didn’t need to touch her. Her wool would remain pristine. They spoke of how accident prone children were. And wouldn’t it be a shame if something happened to her classroom?

Would U-Jin sink that far? To hurt innocent children for her mistake? She did not know. She knew he’d done things for the Servants, but surely not murder. Not of children. But she did not know. And she was powerless to stop it. All she could do was not be seen. Not do anything that could set them off. Let them forget about her. Hopefully. Would she ever feel safe? Sheep can still fear, so maybe they can feel safe too. Or would this terror last?

~
They stood together in the cold behind Him. She watched the crowds, tears stinging in her eyes. Hiroshima was always a hard place to fathom. So many ghosts. So much loss. It reminded her how small their problems were. Once they were gone, the world wouldn’t miss them.

The cadence of Arashi’s speech faltered, drawing her attention. She knew her surprise at his cough was shared by her fellow Zodiacs. The vicious quiet part of her wanted him to be suffering too. Wanted the curse to reach him too, for all that his incarnation caused it. But she knew it was more likely to just be an act. Some deep plan to get them to focus on him. Whatever it was, she hoped she wouldn’t have to be involved in it.

~
Afterward, they were free to explore the city. Konishi didn’t know where to go. She wanted to hide in her room again, curled up in her form under the covers. It was the closest illusion to safety she had. But that would likely attract attention. She was wrapped up: each layer feeling more and more like her own wool. She had a scarf around her face to hide in.

She flinched badly as someone grabbed her gloved hand, but relaxed as she followed it to Ai. She gave her a smile, her eyes softening though her mouth was hidden behind her scarf. The rooster was always so kind. Would she get the wrong attention by being near her? It wasn’t like the other woman didn’t know. Taking a deep breath through her nose, she let herself be pulled, trusting Ai to know what she was doing.

They reached the train station as Nova did, making Konishi relax further. The two of them barely knew each other, having been separated as children and not connecting as adults. But Konishi knew Nova wasn’t under Arashi’s sway. She was strong enough to fight back. Konishi now knew she wasn’t. She’d tried, but had to accept she failed. All she did was put her family and students in danger.

The train ride was quiet. Ai and Nova talked, which surprised the sheep, but not enough to pull words from her. Maybe they were closer than she’d realized. She knew she should talk: thank them for this reprieve, but words just weren’t coming.

It was only after they arrived at Mitaki JR station that she figured out where they were going. Her eyes burned and she had to bite her scarf to keep from crying. Yes. This was what she needed. Peace. Perhaps this place could provide it. Please let this place provide it. She just wanted to feel safe.

Ai paused at the foot of the mountain, near some Jizo statues. Already the constant feeling of being watched, recorded, that had lasted this entire trip faded. Konishi turned to face her as she squeezed her hand for attention. Her heart plummeted as the rooster brought up the incident. Her eyes darted around, in search of cameras, microphones, something that might record Ai’s incriminating words. But there were none. Not in this peace. Were they safe?

Nova backed her up. She couldn’t help but reach up to touch her curled horns that were nestled in her loose hair. They hadn’t gone away since the Servants came. It took her a moment to find her voice. “I’m glad it helped a little.” She spoke in almost a whisper through her scarf. “But it hurt too.” She tried to explain, “Now they’re in their sights.” She swallowed back her fear. “It’s better to be unknown. Not important.

The tiger thankfully changed the subject quickly, to her name. Konishi squeezed Ai’s hand, trying to give her the little strength she had. She’d figured out the crush admiration the rooster had. Then she reached out and took Nova’s hand, squeezing it in turn. “Nova.” She agreed. They were in this together. “Thank you.” She told both of them.

She began to lead them up the steps to the main temple. They could already see the beautiful vermillion colored pagoda ahead. With the trees’ leaves bare, it felt silent and hallowed. The temple was dedicated to Kannon, a bodhisattva who was commonly called the goddess of mercy. Konishi wondered if she’d grant them mercy. Free them from this curse.

scroll
THE CAT

mood:
wants to go home.

interactions:
Steve Jobs Steve Jobs Skryeb Skryeb

No closer were the hosts to breaking the chains that bound them, and no rush was the Cat in to break it. Only 4 days had passed since their first stop in Fukuoka and then Kitakyushu, but Reiji’s sense of urgency had dulled. He had been furious initially and was angry still, but his fire had died down the more he pondered. He knew it would come back at some point, the rage, the panic, the gravity of the situation finally weighing in harsher than any servant could ever hurt him but for now, a numbing cold had settled over him.

Underneath his indifference, an ugly feeling of amusement had wormed its way under his skin. There it simmered, chortling as it thought of the hosts fumbling over themselves to break the curse. Reiji was unsure how to feel about his satisfaction at the idea of his fellow hosts struggling, but he tried to push it away whenever his mind wandered towards the thought. February in Hiroshima, it seemed, felt just as cold as the growing chill in his heart.

After Arashi’s speech, Reiji had only wanted to sleep the day away, but it seemed life had other plans when he recalled a text he had been sent prior.

If you want to break the curse, meet me at the Izumi Museum of Art after Arashi's speech.

Of all the hosts Reiji thought would reach out to him, Rui Xi was not one of them. Reiji had never responded to the message of course, deciding to ignore it in favour of going through with his plan to sleep and wallow in self-pity. Still, the cat was always curious no matter its fate.

Taking advantage of his reputation, the Cat dipped immediately from the press and booked it to the museum. While Rui Xi was not a woman he wanted to tangle with, the prospect of a way to break the curse had cracked through Reiji’s disregard. Cold eyes narrowed however, when he saw said woman waiting on steps.

“What did you find.” He demanded, straight to the point as he joined her. “And why did you call me.

♡coded by uxie♡

u-jin

the snake

What sort of answers did U-Jin expect from standing outside of Arashi’s door? Even he wasn’t sure.

The shock of the announcement reaching him second hand had been devastating. His initial illness spiraled into depression, leaving him bed bound and despondent for much longer than expected. U-Jin had missed so much. Only kept in the loop by his underlings and the texts from Kazue. A confusing jumble of information that left him unsure of where he stood, where his thoughts on Arashi stood.

Yet the moment he saw God, felt the reassuring hand on the back of his neck, it felt as though all of his resentment and worries melted away. U-Jin did not consider himself a weak man. But deep down, he didn’t want Arashi to be at fault. He did not want his God to have hid something so important from them for so long. Not when he’d always been right there, ready to do whatever it took to keep him and the rest of the Zodiac safe.

“Okay,”
U-Jin agreed, letting out a tired sigh. His shoulder slumped as he leaned further towards Arashi. After a few moments of quiet closeness, he reached out and cupped Arashi’s cheek gently to pull him in and kiss his forehead, lingering there.
“Then I’ll help you, whatever you need.”
U-jin was not unused to getting his hands dirty. To stop this terrible curse from coming to fruition, he’d do far worse than that.

“You just have to tell me Arashi, please.”
He tilted the other’s head up so that he could look him in the eye, a rare, bold move.
“I can’t protect you when I don’t know what is going on.”

From there, he dutifully followed Arashi down to Kazue’s room. The sight of the young zodiac bringing a faint smile to his face. U-Jin did not resist the urge to reach out and ruffle Kazue’s hair. It was still odd to have to reach up to do so. Yet like with all things, he would adapt.
“Missed you too, don’t worry I’m not going to go anywhere again.”
Look what happened when he did, after all.

As they sat in the sleek black car, manned by U-Jin’s own men on the way to the aquarium, Arashi’s dire words filled the silence between the three of them. He turned to look at him, eyebrows pulled together and hands clenched into fists on his knees. No matter the cost, huh? U-Jin knew a fix, of course. The curse was only proceeding like this because they were all together, right?

“No matter what the cost, truly?”
He questioned Arashi, expression intent.
“I don’t doubt your resolve, but I think we all know how to break the curse from proceeding this way.”

U-Jin left it at that for the rest of the drive. The car pulled up to the side entrance of the aquarium, the bodyguards opening the door for them and helping to usher them inside sight unseen from the rest of the public. The worker who met them at the door bowed respectfully to Arashi before leading the three of them out of the employee’s only door to the main aquarium.

He followed behind Arashi and Kazue, letting the pair walk ahead of him as he strolled behind with both hands loosely shoved in his pockets. The aquarium was teeming with families and people on dates eagerly wandering through the exhibits. U-Jin steered them through the sea turtle exhibit, peering between the pair in front of him to get a better look at the large tank once they got closer.

“So, what do you want from me, from us?”
U-Jin asked idly, as if he were discussing where they’d go and get lunch instead of deciding the fate of their entire ‘family’.
“Do you need me to die?”
He said it with a chuckle, but his lips pressed together in a thin line after he spoke, awaiting the answer.

♡coded by uxie♡

Yori

scroll

The few days following their stop in Rakusuien Garden passed Yori in a blur. Each day they’d stop to spread their blessings and be paraded around for their adoring crowds, smiling and waving as they’d done every time before. Nothing felt right to him though as all around him, he could practically feel some of the other Zodiac breaking down with Konishi as their ringleader after her failed attempt at shedding public light on their ‘dire’ situation.

They’d all been passing in something of a daze until they’d reached Hiroshima. The smell of ozone still clouded his mind as he thought about Arashi’s speech. The entire thing unnerved him, but it had caused something to stir within their group. Something that he couldn’t place as he found himself laying on his back in the middle of the hotel room bed, looking at the calendar on his phone.

80 days.

Putting a number to an event that he was still trying to wrap his head around made it seem far too real yet fake at the same time. He disliked the heavy feeling that settled in like a weight on his chest as he stared up at the screen, not sure how to even begin processing what the feeling truly was. It seemed like his entire life had been slightly tilted, an imperfect version of what he had painted it out to be. It was equal parts terrifying and absolutely aggravating. But all of it was something he wished to continue pushing off for later.

He didn’t want to think about how soon there wouldn’t be a later.

Unfocused eyes continued to look at the date he’d marked as his phone until he forced himself to switch to his text messages, looking at the top one from Rui Xi. It was simple and to the point, just as he’d always come to expect from her. An invitation to go to the museum with her with the added promise of a souvenir at the end. Rui Xi wasn’t the first person he’d expect to get an invitation from to go to such a thing, what with his admitted immaturity in the face of someone so well put together. Something about it screamed ulterior motives, especially with the added bribe, but after the events of the day he felt the urge to humor whatever it was he was getting dragged into.

He’d initially responded to it with his signature ‘maybe : )’ that morning, but before he could talk himself out of it, he responded again with a, ‘I’ll see ya soon~’ before tossing his phone on the bed to change into something more fitting for a museum. It was comforting to feel the excitement of getting up to actually do something rather than wallow in his hotel room all night, and he vibrated with an energy he hadn’t felt in days, feeling that heavy weight lift off his chest.

Some slight planning and a few messages later, Yori found himself at the steps to the museum, looking up with confused amusement at the pair that were having what could barely be called a conversation with each other. He was beginning to realize at least part of the reason he’d been asked to come along. “Hiiii!~” Yori called out, as he pushed the sunglasses he’d picked out to the top of his head, waving at them before ascending the stairs. His loud announcement was enough to catch a few looks, but the crowd mostly ignored him as he stepped up to meet the other Zodiac. “Rui Xi, lovely as always! And Reiji, a pleasant surprise!” He smiled widely at both of them. “I hope you haven’t been waiting too long! Are we ready to head inside?”

click for more

♡design by minajesty, coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Dog

Kaede.

mood

over-emotional

outfit

cafe in hiroshima

interactions

saki, takumi

Kaede couldn't help the grimace that marred her soft features. The cool water of the Cafe's sink did little to ease the discomfort. How long had she plastered on a smile today? How many times did she have to force the corners of her lips up, to play the part of happy-go-lucky dog she was destined to be?

Briefly, the image of an aging woman flicked into Kaede's mind. Her mother. A selfish part of Kaede hoped her mother would watch the press tour. That somehow, unknowingly, she would have an affinity for the girl she raised, the girl she had lost. With her impending transformation lingering on the horizon—would she be granted pity?

While she had begged for months after her initial arrival at the compound, maybe now they'd let her see her mom. As tears began to well in her eyes, Kaede threw her head back, staring at the ceiling, forcing her mind away from such thoughts. With a few deep breaths, the tears were gone, looking towards the mirror once more, Kaede practiced the easy-going smile she wore so often. Only leaving the bathroom and returning to Saki when it appeared genuine.

The Cafe had a welcoming atmosphere—for a moment Kaede could pretend that she was a normal girl meeting up with friends—that her already upside-down world, hadn't been thrown on its head once again. Kaede slid into the spot next to Saki, before pushing false excitement into her voice as she explained how the bathroom was decorated with various cat pictures and wallpaper.

Kaede looked towards the door when the entrance bell chimed. A jolt of happiness rushed through her body at seeing a familiar face. Under the table, her nails pressed into her palms leaving crescent-shaped marks. While she was grateful that she could still somewhat control the physical alteration to her appearance, she couldn't deny the mental shift had already started to take its toll. Over-excitable, over-emotional, over-reactive, she was just a dog who could only feel in the extremes.

As Takumi greeted the two of them Kaede reached for her iced matcha, hoping her shaky hands would go unnoticed as her two companions talked to one another.

"I won't lie all of this is a bit tiring, but I'm happy to spend time with everyone again,"
Kaede said, her smile filled with sincerity. While it had been her choice to stay at the compound, she understood why others would leave. Still, even if the circumstances were terrible, she was happy to be around the closest thing she had to family again.

♡coded by uxie♡

Akane

mood.

kenta help a girl out

location.

Hiroshima Castle

tags.

"You always seemed so sure of yourself. I thought you had it all figured out," All Akane could do at such a statement was laugh, thankful that his latter statement would be an easy buffer to blame her laughter on. Her? Have it figured out? She supposed that made sense, since she did her best to put all of her energy into her career.

Take that away, and what does she have left?

The question left her feeling restless, and, grateful for Kenta's ability to pick up the pace in their jog. However, they eventually slowed, and she knew she couldn't run from the conversation she started. "I think you already know who you are," This made Akane look over to the taller Zodiac with a curious expression as he continued.

He made some interesting, yet frustrating points. If everyone already knew who they were, she wouldn't need to reach out to him in the first place... Was he always this introspective?

His mentioning of adventure willed her to smile back at him with a scoff, "I don't think I could up and run, not now. But, god, is it tempting..." It was her turn to lean on the railing, beside Kenta. She looked to the scenic view in front of her, a river and historic architecture. "Speaking of God..."

Her smile lowered into a contemplative line, "I can't seem to break away from them." She sighed, wondering if she should really drag Kenta into the knowledge of her random nightly escapades with Arashi. Would it solve anything? Akane could leave the statement there and any of them would assume it was in reference to their instinctual need to be close to their God. Their respective Zodiac spirit linking her to them. It also begs the question, would Arashi even care?

This made the contemplative line of her lips lower even more into a frown. And, before she knew what she was doing, her lips were already moving on their own. "We have this agreement with each other. I know he cares for me, truly, but..."

This was extremely confusing. How could she put into words that she didn't have to think when alone with them? That with him, she could simply just... be. There's no need for talks of purpose or self-realization.

"I don't know how much longer I can play this game with him." Looking over at Kenta, she quickly backtracked, "Not that my heart is fully committed to him or anything." She shook her head, looking back over to the calm waters ahead of her.

"I'm sure you out of anyone can understand the feeling of him being someone you simply cannot let go of."

She cleared her throat after a moment or two of silence. It weighed heavy on her shoulders, and an impending sense of dread began to creep into her psyche. "Sorry. I know I've made this about me." She laughed nervously, "Leave it to the idol to make an entire hike about herself, huh?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Ai Koba

The Rooster

Mood:

concerned, nervous

Mitaki-dera

Outfit:

Her whole being had been riddled with incessant empathy. She absorbed the energies around her, the love, the fear, the sadness, the triumphs. Maybe that was why she stood on the sidelines and privately adored the Tiger so much, who paid no mind to such things. She remembered the first glimpse of her. That bright orange hair. A brief ray of light into her world of shadows at the time. Interaction was minimal. She liked it that way, no room for error. And now as they all stared death in the face, courage came albeit slowly. The Tiger's words to the Sheep warmed her. Always the first one to say disparaging things about Arashi. And now Konishi too.

After all this time, I can't believe you still call me Torazawa. What's it gonna take for you to just call me 'Nova', while you have a cute nickname for Konishi. You're older than me too so there's no need for any honorifics between us.

Her face rebelled against the nipping cold. It burned a deep scarlet. At a time like this? Of course at a time like this. The Tiger was infamous for speaking her mind. Ai's deep green eyes averted from Nova, and she stared helplessly at Konishi. A few seconds. Then, her face hardened. And she did what she always did when she was nervous. Wait. I am older, aren't I?

"Not the time or place," she said with a steely tone, furrowing her eyebrows and pointing a chastising finger up at her. She was older. Yes. So she could scold Nova. Which she did. Yes. A full-proof plan. She turned her attention back to the poor Sheep.

She could feel Konishi's despair and worry. The Sheep's family's safety was something she had not considered before. Ai knew the Zodiac had their own.... well, way of erasing issues. The Snake's golden eyes flashed in her mind. She, too, avoided him, even if he had never been rude to her. He sent her gifts on her birthday, mostly beauty products, but she felt it was more out of obligation than to foster a genuine connection. Jokingly, she once told Kaede he took on a more distant fatherly role to the Zodiacs, as was customary in Japan.

Yet she worried now too that U-Jin would do damage control.

They followed Konishi up the stairs. She figured the Sheep might need a change of scenery. Maybe she needed to move her legs after being secluded in that dark room for days. Ai stood between the Sheep and the Tiger, her softening eyes fixed on the goddess of mercy.

"Say if... by some miracle, the curse breaks. Somehow. And we're all human. What do you both plan to do with your life?"

arashi.

Arashi turns sharply.
“Don't be stupid,”
they hiss.
“You are not dying. I won't let them take you from me. They have already taken enough.”
He turns away, still frowning.
“What I need is for you to dig up everything. Every lie they have buried. I want all of it. All the records, all the journals, anything and everything they have ever written about us. And the Zodiacs who came before.”

He steps up to the glass and observes the turtles as they swim past.
“There is no reason to leave the power in their hands anymore, but you have to be careful. I wouldn't put it past them to destroy everything if they thought the fulfillment of their precious curse could be at risk.”
Arashi looks disgusted as they continue,
“But don't tell the others. They're blind, naïve, and guided by their own reckless emotions. I won't let them ruin this and then blame me for sealing their own fate.”

Arashi takes Kazue's hand in his and leads them away. Nobody recognizes them as they pass, but many do stare as they pass. Three tall, well-dressed men have that effect.

“The curse started with the God and Zodiacs together. Whether the others like it or not, I am the key,”
they murmur as they approach a tank of jellyfish.
“But there's more to it. Something they're not telling us. More of their philosophical fate nonsense.”
Arashi looks at Kazue, his thumb brushing against the back of his hand.
“You'll help them understand that, won't you? They don't want to hear it from their God.”

slow dancing in the dark

joji

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Rat

Kazue Himitsu

car

outfit

location here

interactions

interactions here

tags

tags here

Kazue hung on every word. Their surroundings were a blurry mix of cool blue and splotches of moving, floating color. He had not slept much the past few nights. He could not imagine how U-Jin felt if he took it as far as shutting himself away. Not that he had ever been an active, present member of their Circle. He hung back in the shadows as he was groomed to do. And now, Arashi gave him an assignment. Their God had a plan, held a light to lead them out of this dark predicament. But frankly, I would follow You into Hell if that is where You want to go. He looked to U-Jin's face, as if trying to find any uncertainty, any disloyalty. Never once had he found it.

Arashi lead them to a jellyfish tank. Kazue briefly turned to the floating, pink creatures. Animals in a water cage. But they don't seem to mind it too much. Arashi took his hand. Not that I would know if they love their life or not. They, too, served a master: the amusement of the people on the other side of the glass. He stared down at the thumb brushing against the back of his hand. As the God touched him, in fact every time They touched him, warm memories cradled his soul. When he first met Arashi, he was so small. So desperate for someone to worship. Had the Rats before Kazue yearned as much as him? Loved as much as him?

You'll help them understand that, won't you? They don't want to hear it from their God.

His touch shied away the anger. How dare they not want to hear it from You. He heard of Konishi's stunt. Ai told him. If Arashi allowed it, he would approach her and hold her so tightly to him. And then she would transform. And he would put her on the back of a truck of sheep headed to a slaughterhouse. Kazue thought of it himself last night and laughed to the ceiling. No one would appreciate the plan naturally -- not even U-Jin, who was tasked with protecting the Zodiac -- but he thought it was funny. He could keep her glasses as a souvenir.

"As You wish," he said softly, looking into God's eyes. Keeping his reputation pristine over the years paid off.
"Is there anyone You would like me to begin with, Arashi-sama?" Kazue asked, his accent thicker than usual again. He knew it was probably a better idea to start with certain Zodiacs and work his way through. Meticulously.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

scroll me!

Interactions
e v i e v i Lost Echo Lost Echo

Nova Torazawa

The Tiger

Ai's response to Nova's complaint was essentially blown off and left the taller girl intrigued while also becoming slightly pissed off. After all that they had endured as a collective and as individuals, Nova found the state of their friendship to be off. Granted, she was aware of her own indifference (which was flat-out hatred) for Arashi to be off-putting yet semi-understandable. She held Ai's glance just long enough to stick out her tongue like some troublesome child that hadn't gotten their way. Even though Ai was dismissive of Nova's presence, she still had to give the older woman her own props. Making sure that Konishi was comfortable, or at least in a state of mind where an oncoming panic wasn't at the forefront of her thoughts.

When Konishi had taken Nova's hand into her own for a moment she was able to gleam how bleak the situation was for Konishi. Her grip was rather weak but it contained the fading warmth of someone that questioned whether everything that had just transpired was worth it. Her eyes were devoid of the fire that initially burned behind them at their previous stops. To anyone else, they may have felt overwhelmed with the responsibility of keeping the meek woman as optimistic as possible. For Nova, this encouraged an internal need to make sure that Konishi would remain protected as long as it was in her power to do so.

She offered Konishi a supportive smile and squeezed her hand with enough strength to be reassuring while not like that of an overbearing presence.
"No need to thank me for simply standing on the winner's team Konishi, I doubt I'd have a decent trip knowing that you feel as if this is a burden for you to shoulder on your own. Granted, miss Spring Chicken over there seems to think of me as an employee not worthy of my first name being used.'' Nova lowered her voice as if she was attempting to whisper to Konishi for the last part.

As they all stood in front of the godly visage of Kannon, the atmosphere around them seemed to shift a little. Each of them temporarily lost in their own thoughts surrounding their seemingly inescapable future as creatures belonging to nature. Ai's question didn't come as much as a surprise to Nova. It felt like a question that every zodiac had branded into their subconscious. Nova crossed her arms and go into a stance that exuded deep concentration. She tapped her fist onto her open palm before responding,
"I'm giving my fellow zodiac members some of the most aggressive hugs that a person could give. Bear hugging them to the ground, especially Rei. My little cat bro looks like he needs all the cuddles he can get. I'll continue my cooking career and travel as far from Japan as I can. There are so many different cuisines that I want to learn about that are best taught by masters of that craft in-person. I also want Arashi to ask me to do something so I can aggressively tell him no without that annoying compulsion to do whatever he asks of me. As soon as the word 'Nova' leaves his mouth, the answer is no. Without the predatorial rage and longstanding distrust, I see no reason for me to full-body tackle him when he least expects it and let him experience a Bautista Bomb. So a simple no may suffice at the time.''

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back