• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lab Rats

MooseOnTheLoose

Someone catch it!
"I have declared war on Mother Nature. I have all of the tools at my disposal, all of my intellect, all of my strength. I have played God and I have done it successfully. Tonight! Is the night that Mother Nature dies."

- Dr. Zorran, three days before he lost his license.

Dr. Zorran has disappeared.

Children under the age of twenty has been disappearing off the streets, the homeless, orphans, suicidal, the ones no one misses. They're their one day and gone the next, no one knows why or what's happening. It's not that anyone really notices, they just don't care. The people are happy to be rid of them.

The government is happy to accept them. They have been moved to a hidden island location, and their DNA being tampered with. They wake up changed not who they were, something new, something superior.

An alarm sounded throughout the building. "Wake up! Wake up!" A voice called. It was pre-recorded, and would soon be learnt to be an alarm to them.

Lucas' eyes shot open at the loud noise, he began to slightly panic. He had no idea where he was. Lucas looked around the room to see where, but it was no where he was familiar with. He was in a small room with a door made of plastic bars. No way that he could get through there. There was a dresser beside his bed, with a book on it and a banana.

Lucas got up and moved to his dresser, sliding each oaken drawer out. There was nothing but orange jumpsuits, in fact he even had one on, it had the name Lucas Kyle on his chest, in a small white patch. "My name?" He ran his hand down it. "Wish I knew that was true... Anyone here?" He shouted.

The alarm made Braxton jump up, awakening from his sleep. His mind went into an instant state of panic, heart racing, body shaking. He had no clue as to where he was. "What the--" He managed to say before noticed he was in a cage-like room. A bed and dresser were the only pieces of furniture inside, a book atop the dresser.

He looked down at his chest to see his jumpsuit. Braxton Devereaux...his name? "Where am I..." he whispered to himself. As a voice called out, he heard it almost instantly. "Uh...I am!" he shouted back.

Todd's eyes opened suddenly as the alarm went off. It had sounded like a familiar voice while he was sleeping. However, now awake and able to discern the familiar and unfamiliar, he could tell it was a voice he didn't know. He sat up and noticed he was in a small unmarked room. He couldn't remember anything and got out of the bed he was in. The orange jumpsuit caught his eye and he examined himself. A name was sewn into the suit, Todd Jumal.....is that my name?

He then noticed the bars that would prevent any escape. Am I being kept away or something? He went to the bars and looked out to examine his surroundings. Just then a voice called out and another responded to it. Todd thought for a moment and decided to call out as well. "I am here as well. Do you two know where we are?"

Raina screamed as the alarm went off. Throwing off the blanket she looked around completely dazed. She had a nightmare from her childhood. Her nose twitched as she smelled a wonderful aroma. She grabbed whatever it was and gobbled it up without a single thought, not looking at what she ate. The slimly liquid drained down her throat and she smiled. "Delicious," Raina smiled and looked around the small room. "Wha-where. where am I?" She rubbed her eyes trying to get the sleep out of them. The red blood rubbing around her face. She noticed a neon orange color and looked down at her clothes. Raina Sheene...My name? That's my name?

Raina looked over at the bars and hopped over to them. Holding onto the plastic bars she tried her hardest to break out. She heard voices, others who asked, who's there and where are they. Raina looked at the blood on her bars, and then the blood on her hands and screamed. "Why am I covered in blood!"

(yup she's a screamer. She'll tone down later when she sees people)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexis awoke to an alarm. She rolled over and held her arms. "Go away, I don't if you can tell, but I am sleeping." She said closing her eyes to rest again. She heard voices screaming and bolted awake, looking at what looked to be a cell. She looked upon a dresser and found some bloody meat. Her eyes grew, hungry to eat it. Alex gulped it down in less than 3 seconds before sighing in relief. She jumped aware of what she just did, and started petting her tongue, trying to get the disgusting feel out of her mouth. Alexis looked down at her hands, covered in the red goo, and her eyes slided to her orange suit. Who is alexis carter? She asked her self.

Alex heard a boy yell for some one else. "I am chillen in this dumb cell." She stated back, sitting against a wall

Jeremy blinked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. There was an alarm blaring, and he slowly sat up. Where was he? He couldn't even remember who he was. Looking down at himself, he saw the orange jumpsuit. Although it was hard to read the words upside down, they seemed to say Jeremy Terrace. Huh. Sounded vaguely familiar, that could be him. Why didn't he remember anything? It was all just one big blur. He heard others shouting. They were in.. cells? Who kept kids in cells? Oh, god. He jumped up. "I-I'm here too?! Does anyone know how to get out?" He called, grabbing onto the bars of the cell. Strange.. he had spoken so fast without even thinking.

The sounds of mechanics whirred as a door on the far side of the room opened. The rooms were in an L shape, all of them in a cell along the wall. The large door opened and circular plastic tables were rolled into the room. Guards poured in, all wielding dangerous looking assault rifles. They stood by each of the people's doors.

A small, fat man in a lab coat entered in. "Now, now, I am sure you are all confused as why you are here, and who you are. Well, to be frank, you are my children. All of you, you have been given names to hide your identity, for...reasons. However, that doesn't change that you are all my children. Every single one of you." He paced the rooms. "Now, you are all undergoing serious changes in your body, are you all okay? Is anyone feeling pain?"

Raina jumped in terror as the sound of mechanics engulfed her ears. She clamored under her bed and hid there afraid or what or who would come out. She watch from illuminating blue eyes as guards flooded in. She noticed the guns and shivered. They look scary.. I don't want to be shot...will I be safe here? They might hurt me.. why am I here? I'm scared... As a small round man came in and she scurried further back towards the wall.

Her ears perked up as he said that they were his children. Children? He's not my father!....Wait....who is my father? Why do I not remember anything? She watched the man pace from cell to cell. She could smell the food on him, croissant, eggs, bacon, milk, doughnuts, a lot of doughnuts. No wonder he's so round. She slowly made her way closer to the light jut inches from leaving her bed. She tried to feel for any pain, her teeth hurt and her backside felt weird. Other than that it was okay, she rolled around and made her way out from under her bed. She looked at the man and made her way toward the bars. "Umm, excuse me... sorry....what type of...um...pain should we...um...be feeling?...sorry..." She looked down at the floor bashful and worried about if she said the wrong thing. Maybe I'm not suppose to ask...Oh no...what if i get shot?! She began to tug at her hair worried. She shifted her gaze from the man to the guards and took a few steps back afraid.

He crossed his fingers and walked up to Raina. "Ahh, our little rain cloud." He smiled reassuringly. "If you have to ask, you're not feeling it." He said. "Are you scared?" He asked quietly, putting his hands on the plastic bars and bringing his face in to hear her. He held his hand through the bar, offering to hold hers if she was scared. "You don't have to be, you're my little girl..." He smiled kindly at her.

Raina was most certainly scared, although he seemed nice enough. She looked at the guards behind him and shivered. They looked so mean and scary, Raina didn't want them to come near her. Looking at the round man she smiled a little. He seemed trust worthy, but what if he's tricking me? Or I'm diseased? Or he is gonna shoot me? I don't want to die...But what if he's being kind for real? He certainly looks that way... Maybe... maybe I should accept his hand. He could tell me whats going on. Taking a few steps closer she reached her shaky hand out to him. His hand was very warm, but not as comforting as she thought. She looked at her hand on his and noticed that her skin was a odd orange tint. "What?" She looked at her had closer. My skin is orange? Her nails were dark black, What? She looked up her arms there were black streaks on top of her orange skin "What's...what's wrong with me?"

"What's wrong with you?" He smiled a little and withdrew his hand. "What's wrong with you is what's wrong with everyone here." He pulled back and paced the cells. "You guys aren't normal." He admitted. "But I still love you, each one of you are my sons or daughters." He still smiled warmly. "We live on an island away from other people because we, your mother and I, were terrified of what they would do to you. You've always lived here, in fact, I do even know why you do not remember."

Raina looked at him confused. Her skin was orange with odd black stripes and black nails, she was covered in blood. This is beyond normal. She looked around at her cell she was most certainly lost. Listening to his words the fear only grew, what is wrong with me? Why am I locked up? What does he mean always lived here? She fell to her knees and clutched her head. "I-I don't get it? Always lived here? I don't even know where here is..." Tears started to form in her eyes.

(Koff, koff @CloudyBlueDay @PenBlade1326 @joeymicl @divergentgurl1 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back