• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern LA LUNA - THE FINAL CAST

• THINK FAST, YOU
    ONLY GET ONE TRY

FULL NAME — malcolm romero
    NICKNAME(S) — mal
    AGE — twenty-two
    D.O.B. — june 13th, gemini
    GENDER — cis male, he/him
    SEXUALITY — bisexual
    P.O.B. — star point, colorado
    OCCUPATION — budtender at cloud 9 dispensary
    ROLE — employee

APPEARANCE — standing at five foot eleven, malcolm is a rather lanky individual, though he swears to have muscles hidden behind the layers of baggy clothes. he does, but not as much as he may jokingly lead others to believe. overall, he fits into the “stoner” stereotype fairly well: long, unruly curls; piercings in both ears; smooth, tan skin adorned in tattoos he’s collected over the years from a variety of places, most of which would be handed a health code violation on a silver platter. despite this, there’s a certain boyish charm to his face, soft features that contrast his darker choice of aesthetics—big, doe eyes framed by long lashes; pouty lips; and the occasional freckle dotted across his cheeks and nose. duality of man, am i right?
    FACE CLAIM — dominic fike

PERSONA — malcolm romero has been a magnet for trouble since the day he was born. while he often creates it for himself, he doesn’t always go looking for it, but a peaceful, uneventful day was never in the cards for him. he can’t complain, though—there’s never a dull moment with him around, and he would rather live an exciting life on the edge than be burdened with a never-ending boredom. the only problem is that his reputation precedes him in star point; people tend to steer clear of the tatted-up drug dealer (legal or not) from the wrong side of the tracks with a knack for getting into things he shouldn’t.

those that dare to get to know him, however, get a friend for life. malcolm is loyal to a fault with little regard to himself. just as willing as he is to drag his friends into danger—for the sake of fun, of course—he won’t hesitate find a way out, even if it’s at his own expense.

not everyone is so fortunate as to be on malcolm’s good side. he’s not necessarily quick to anger, but he has a temper, strangely as it may choose to manifest itself. as much as he loves a good fight, malcolm prefers passive aggression on most occasions, opting to use sarcasm as his first line of defense before any punches are thrown. it usually doesn’t take long to get to that point, though, as malcolm is quite the instigator, for better or worse.

typically worse, but malcolm has always been good at bouncing back.

VICES — argumentative, flirtatious, impish, possessive, reckless, sarcastic, self-destructive
    VIRTUES — charming, confident, humorous, loyal, playful, protective, spontaneous
    FEARS — losing the people he cares about, real commitment
    GOALS — ???
    LIKES — adult cartoons, alternative rock music, amusement parks, dying his hair especially if josie helps (it’s back to its natural color for the moment, but that’s bound to change any day now), iced coffee, junk food (extra cheddar goldfish cure his munchies every time), smoking anything he can get his hands on, sneaking into the movies (especially drive-ins), warm weather
    DISLIKES — birthdays (he stopped liking to celebrate his after his parents died), claymation movies (cried watching chicken run while high once; very traumatic experience), crickets (also cockroaches, and he will make someone else kill them for him), grapes/anything grape-flavored, long work shifts (especially if they’re early in the day), nana’s evil yorkie from hell, yoga (thought he broke his back doing it with diana and josie once and refuses to try again)

HISTORY — when malcolm’s parents died, he should’ve remembered. some people can recall their first birthdays, and malcolm was five, so there was really no excuse for it other than the fact that he simply didn’t want to. what he did remember, though, was lying awake in the spare bedroom in his nana’s tiny house, wondering why this sleepover at grandma’s had gone on for much longer than any he’d attended prior.

it was about the only time malcolm has ever been decent at self-preservation.

growing up without a father figure—or any strong parental guidance for that matter, as his nana was conveniently oblivious to most things he did—made it easy to fall in with the wrong crowd. malcolm’s mischievous streak had been there since birth, but it only became stronger as he got older. sneaking out to play with the ragtag neighborhood kids turned into using drugs and a life of petty crime.

the only thing truly good in malcolm’s life was when diana and josie came into it more permanently. they weren’t the greatest influences by any means, but they were so full of life, a stark contrast to the dark, destructive path he’d been stumbling down. they were no strangers to getting into trouble, but there was a family dynamic he hadn’t encountered before, a certain level of care with which they treated each other. they brought out the best in malcolm, showing him that it was okay to depend on others and what true friendship looked like.

over time, their group expanded, then fell apart again, but through it all, they had each other. even now, they remain close. malcolm and diana took up jobs at cloud 9, the la luna resort’s dispensary, and josie works at the nearby ice cream parlor. it’s different from what they’re used to—what occurs at the top of the mountain as opposed to the quaint town at the bottom are two totally different worlds, and any paths crossed between them are but a glimpse at what the other has to offer—but it’s just like any other adventure they’d thrust themselves into over the years, and there’s nothing they can’t handle so long as they’re together...right?

CRIMINAL RECORD — breaking & entering, petty theft, and public intoxication

malcolm.
    code by birth of venus.

Last edited:

• J O S E P H I N E

• filler tab. ignore!

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

STAFF

Anton "Andy" Akbas

STAR POINT, COLORADO. (RECORDED XX/XX/XX)

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
The Smiths

➤ AN INTERVIEW WITH ANTON AKBAS

> SUSPECT PROFILE.

NAME:
Anton Akbas
ALIAS: Andy
DATE OF BIRTH: January 20th, 1999
ORIENTATION: Bisexual

> SUSPECT VISUAL DESCRIPTION.

HEIGHT:
5'8
WEIGHT: 176lbs

GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The suspect appears to be slightly shorter than average and has a somewhat stocky build. With broad shoulders and a sturdy frame, the suspect is evenly covered in a mixture of muscle and fat, which is mostly concealed by a rather baggy wardrobe. Notable features include a short beard, a "Bart Simpson" tattoo on his left shoulder, and a minor set of burns on his left hand.

FACE CLAIM: Alperen Duymaz

> SUSPECT BEHAVIOR.

VICES:
fidgety, careless, lazy, irritating, callous, selfish
VIRTUES: easygoing, wily, entertaining, uninhibited, dreamy, resourceful

LIKES: psychedelics, machines, material possessions, videogames, rats, movies, potato chips, musky fragrances, puzzles, procrastinating
DISLIKES: cleaning, sesame seeds, alcohol, arguing, mornings, chocolate, sharing, most nuts (allergic), suburbia, the rich!

FEARS: losing his possessions, vulnerability, big dogs (he's seen Cujo), vomit
SKILLS: In addition to being pretty handy, also has a fairly extensive knowledge of computer programming and mathematical logic. Adept at lifting and hiding small to mid-size objects, which has helped him develop a naturally keen eye for petty deception. Fluent in Turkish and Kurdish.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The suspect, as per one known shoplifting misdemeanor, is thought to be a kleptomaniac to an almost compulsive, irrational degree. He vehemently denies the accusation and has done well in concealing this trait from his peers, attributing it to a one-time case of impulse. Parents run a local Mediterranean deli. Interviewing officer recommends their pistachio baklava.

> TRANSCRIPTS OF INTERROGATION OF SUSPECT - RECORDED 6/14/03.

> WHAT’S YOUR NAME?

"Ant—is that a tape recorder?" The suspect reaches a hand forward, but it is deftly swatted away. He frowns, but that doesn't last. "Anton Akbas. Yeah, that's A-K-B... hey, aren't you gonna write this down?" A pause. "You know what, just call me Andy."

> WHEN WERE YOU BORN?
"January 20th, 1999. Same day Ozzy made cabeza out of a bat."

> WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
"At my aunt's place in Portland. It was a whole thing."

> WHEN DID YOU MOVE TO STAR POINT?
"Well, the family had to come home from Portland eventually, so maybe..." He holds his chin between his fingers, computing something. "Four days old?"

> DO YOU LIKE IT HERE?
"Doesn't really matter where I am. I have the Internet." The suspect's tone is matter-of-fact, but he appears uncharacteristically crestfallen as his gaze sinks to the table. "Well, I was always planning on leaving, but that's not really a possibility right now, is it?"

> DO YOU HAVE A JOB? DO YOU LIKE IT?
"I perform maintenance at La Luna. It'd be a really cool place if it wasn't for all the kids. Not that I don't like kids, but they suck at everything and break stuff." He leans back in his chair, stretching. "I'm pretty good with a pair of wire strippers." He mimes the act of, well, stripping wire. It's not very clear even with context.

> ARE YOU IN A RELATIONSHIP?
"Yes, two. The first with Allah and the second with this hot, goth photographer chick. We met in high school when some hideous ghost man tried to marry—" The detective raises an eyebrow, clearly losing the reference. "Okay, no. I've never been in a relationship. If your goal was to humiliate me, then you're a sick individual."

> WHAT DOES YOUR HOME LIFE LOOK LIKE?
"Two parents. One brother. One sister. Lots of pickles. And a cat. We're pretty happy. The deli hasn't been doing too well lately, so it's been kind of stressful." He shrugs. "But basically, we're a regular old nuclear family."

> ARE YOU HAPPY?
He maintains a cheeky look on his face. "As someone who is minutes away from obliterating that vending machine outside? Yes."

> WHAT DO YOU SEE WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR?
"What mirror? I don't see one." He bursts into laughter; it takes an uncomfortably long time to subside. It's clear that he's stalling, formulating a believably stupid answer. "I see a fine handyman and programmer. Ah, and an untrimmed beard. Shit."

> WHAT IS YOUR WORST MEMORY?
"Uh..." Miraculously, the suspect is at a loss for words. "I don't know, man. When the Broncos beat the Falcons?" Absentmindedly, he can't stop scratching the back of his head. "Probably my cat getting ran over. I was just a kid."

> HAVE YOU COMMITTED CRIMES IN THE PAST?
The subject laughs incredulously, shaking his head. "No." There really was no point in lying about that. They both knew the answer thanks to that file.

> ARE YOU KEEPING ANY SECRETS?
"Are you?"

> WOULD YOU HAVE ANY REASON TO KILL [ ]?
Silence follows. A long silence. There's now a faint glint in his eye, or maybe it was always there. "No, officer, and if I've said anything incriminating, you know it was a joke, right? Right?"

> DID YOU KILL [ ]?
"Trick question: no. Counter: why? Am I in trouble?"

> ARE YOU THE CRYSTAL PEAK KILLER?
"No, and I want a lawyer. Actually, no, I don't. Actually, yes, I do. Or don't. I don't know. Never mind. Are we done?"

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

• insecure
      We Three

name
      Leonardo W. Kavanagh
      nickname
      Leo
      date of birth
      October 15th
      sexuality