[L5R] Empty Throne, Empty Oaths

Lord of Chaos

Elder Member
Supporter
PREMISE

The Second Day of Thunders has passed. Fu Leng is defeated, but not fully killed. The Thunders lost their lives in the attack, and the Emperor is dead. The war-ravaged Clans of Rokugan return to their lands and lick their wounds, eying each other but unwilling to make the first move. As a result, the throne remains empty. With no Emperor, there is none left to honor the promise to Yoritomo to make the Mantis a great Clan, and the others refuse to acknowledge his claim. Furious, the Mantis clan launches the first attacks of the coming war, raiding the coast of Rokugan.

The Scorpion clan, still disbanded and banished with no Emperor to restore them, secretly re-enters Rokugan and reclaims their settlements and forts under the guise of various Minor Clans. This does not last long, as Crab and Lion forces make a bid for the seemingly-defenseless Scorpion lands. In the North, a still-weak Lying Darkness begins to slowly corrupt the Dragon Clan. Unable to claim them all in a single swoop, a fracture appears amongst the families of the Dragon Clan, and an air of paranoia suffuses their mountain strongholds.

GAME FORMAT

The PCs are part of the Unicorn clan. The PCs will be charged with defending a small border settlement against rival clans and other threats. XP rate will be increased from normal, as the PCs quickly become swept up in the larger war.

Coalitions: Phoenix-Crane; Mantis-Crab; Lion; Unicorn. Dragon is neutral due to dealing with internal corruption. Scorpion lacks any standing armies. Dragon and Scorption PCs may fight for any faction.

SYSTEM OVERVIEW

Legend of the Five Rings uses a roll and keep system. Rolls are presented as XkY, meaning that you roll X d10s and keep the highest Y. Reroll any results of 10 and add them to the original pool.

The game focuses on samurai in a fictional nation called Rokugan. It is largely based on Japan, with pieces of other cultures. Honor is an extremely important concept and is worth more than life itself. Combat is very lethal, and social engagements only slightly less so.

I hope to see peoples' backstories in the PM conversation soon! Hehe.

No. I'm just a Ninja. And since Ninjas don't exist, I don't exist either. *stab*

Hey, so, I am free on Thursdays now and would totes want to get in on the Rokugan action. Would there perhaps be space for one more bushi (or shugenja, if no one decided to be a shugenja)?

There are currently 1 shugenja, 1 courtier, and 3 bushi.

One of whom most certainly is not a ninja.

Whether or not the ST wants a sixth player is their decision though.

And all of the currently present PC's, are fucking awesome, just a mild note.

Monkey Clan, Fuck Yeah. Also, one of those Bushi is a Monk.

So yeah, we have a good variety of people, so if he accepts another player you can probably play whatever you want.

Well, all you missed is the deaths of the two highest ranking officers in the fort, a close-won siege, deceptive probably-not-ronin luring samurai away from the castle and way too much effort being put in to helping a peasant boy!

I will totally be joining as an Ide Emissary. Prepare to be mind controlled through sincere honesty. Curious question, any special things about character creation? E.g., XP wise or something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back