|General Information|

Full Name

Kyran Brady

Nickname(s)

Ky

Birth Date

29th February 1984

Race/Ethnicity

Caucasian (white), Irish (grew up in scotland)

Male

Sexuality

Pansexual (He thinks)

Marital Status

Single, not really worried about the whole mingling thing

Current Family Member

None, father deceased (Boat sank as he left Bruray, some reports indicated an abnormal number of crows in the area)

|Appearance Description|

Face Shape

Thin slightly triangular face with sharp edges

Hair Style

Tousled hair, no real hairstyle he just leaves it after drying it. He keeps his hair fairly short to keep out of his eyes.

Hair Color

Raven Black

Eye Color

black Iris and black sclera, he has no need for glasses.

Skin Color

Pale with a light dusting of freckles

Height

6'2'' (188 Cm) 

Weight

150lb (68 Kg)

Body Type

Lean with very wiry muscle (High muscle density) so he tends to look a bit stringy

Tattoo(s)

None

Scar(s)

Lots of smaller scars litter from scratches and gashes to small burns litter his body from training but he has 2 major scars.

Celtic not scar.jpg

He carved the above scar onto the inside of his left forearm in preparation for one of the trials that he underwent in training.

spiral not.jpg

This is a little different as the outline was carved into his back when he was very young and whenever he passed a new trial then the instructor who had been training him would fill in the next blade. The yellow bit in the middle was only added very recently and is burnt in as a brand instead of carved, he got it for demonstrating the strength of his ichor.

|Personal Information|

Personality

Kyran grew up in isolation in the islands off the north of Scotland in a monastery however it was much more like a Buddhist monastery in that the monks did not pray to a god but rather meditated and trained their bodies often to forgive themselves for some crime that they had commited earlier in their lives. This obviously lead to Kyran having a quiet childhood filed with meditation and training to be at peace with yourself however lots of the monks were ex criminals so some of their less than honest pasts slipped into Kyran's training and child hood. So while you could definitely describe Kyran as a person of good moral intentions he often uses less than good ways to achieve them. He firmly believes in the age old saying that the end justifies the means and so he would have no qualms with killing a smuggler who was just about to get into a firefight with police in which it is likely that a police officer would die or killing a corrupt police officer to prevent him giving information about where the next police raid is to the mafia to allow them to plan an ambush.

In a social situation Kyran will try and stay back on the edges listening but very rarely joining in oun a conversation and always ensuring that he knows the quickest way to the exit. If he is just adding to a conversation he will be breif and concise in his explanation but if he is criticising or feels threatened by someone in conversation he normally turn to heavy sarcasm to try and drive them away as quickly as possible. He is very private and will keep as much of the knowledge about himself secret for as long as he can and will often react badly to people trying to dig into his past.

Flying

The cold

Learning new skills

Reading 

Solitude

Fighting

Dislikes

The heat

Large gatherings of people

Odin (It's complicated)

Goals

At the moment he is travelling the world to explore, see new sights, learn new skills.

Fears

Large bangs and blast like sounds often give him chills and can promote flashbacks to his service

Of losing people close to him or people he swore to protect

Being forced to break a promise, often by another promise

Strengths

Kyran has an intuitive understanding of machines.

Very good connections in the military so often well equiped

Learns new skills quickly

Weaknesses

Kyran is often paranoid of new people and new locations even if he tries to act nice.

Crowds often scare Kyran as he perceives it as lots of threats in a place where tracking them is impossible.

Gets bored really easily if he can't do something

Background

He was born in northern Ireland to a freindly father who cared for him however as he began to develop and show a wider variety of features his father started to get more distant and often acted like he didn't know Kyran was there. As soon as Kyran could walk his father took him to the The island of  Bruray and left him in the care of a family of monks who live at Dun Sagthaich. Here he was trained in both mind and body, lots of the combat scars originate from this period as the monks didn’t believe in using training weapons so they went straight to live steel. He was taught in regular lessons by a tutor that would come to the monastery after teaching at the school on Whalsay.

When he turned 10 he was first visited by the Morrigan along with her sisters the Macha and the Badb. He was informed about his heritage and how he would have to undergo a series of trials before he could be released into the world as a scion of the Morrigan. He was also told that his first test would be a trial by crafts and so he would be entered into the tutelage of Goibhniu The great smith. The Morrigan also carved the outline of the vortex onto his back with her knife.

At the age of 18 he had completed 5 of the 6 trials, (Trial by Crafts, Fire, Water, Shadows, Pain) he had also carved the celtic band into his arm in preparation for the trial by pain. These trials being completed he had filled in all but the centre of the vortex on his back each segment filled by the instructor who oversaw the trial. His final trial was trial by combat. He had defeated all of the monks in the monastery the day prior but then he had to fight the Morrigna. His battle with the Macha ended up as a drawer while he was defeated by the Badb after a long battle. In both these battles the goddesses decided not to fight with their powers so that they could test his skill in combat, his Ichor would be tested later. Finally he fought the Morrigan, this battle raged for 12 hours with Kyran finally drawing from the depths of his Ichor however in the end the Morrigan easily defeated him partly due to her knowledge and control of the fates so the battle was over before it began.

The Morrigan however found his skills impressive and his ability to draw on the power of his Ichor was also exceptional so she burnt and carved the final rune into the vortex on his back and sent him into the world. Once he was released into the world he explored for a couple of months and then joined the UK military. He served for around 10 years, he started off in the army air core because in his brief explorations he had already learnt to love flight, he served for 3 years quickly climbing the ranks to captain and serving on several tours during that time. The other 7 years in the military he slipped off reservation and was recruited as both a pilot and soldier in the SAS. While he struggled to lead men all of his men believed in him because his quick thinking had got them out of trouble several times and so they followed him because they trusted him. He recently left the military as he felt that he had learnt everything he could and so he would like to start exploring in this changed world.

|Divine Information|

Pantheon

Celtic

God

Morrigan 

Nature

Bravo

Attributes

1st - Physical

2nd - Mental

3rd - Social

Traits

[Here you mention the three traits in each attribute for your character, but to prevent your character from being too overpowered, you are given a certain amount of points for each attribute to distribute amongst your traits (which can all level up to ten), and one pre-existing point in each trait. Your first priority gets 8 points, your second gets 6, and your third gets 4. Fill them in below (the example is given). For reference, 2 points in a trait is 'average human ability' and 5 points is the human peak.]

Physical

Strength - [**]

Dexterity - [*****]

Stamina - [****]

Social

Charisma - [****]

Manipulation - [*]

Appearance - [**]

Mental

Perception - [***]

Intelligence - [**]

Wits - [****]

Abilities

[There is a provided list of abilities in the Lore subforum that you should read through before choosing which ones you want for your character. You have thirty (30) points to spend on these 24 provided abilities, which will be done in a similar fashion to the traits - write down the abilities you want and how many points you're including for each (maximum of five points per ability).]

Athletics - 5

Awareness - 2

Brawl - 1

Control (Aircraft) - 3

Craft (Aerospace) -  2

Forititude - 2

Integrity - 1

Marksmanship - 5

Melee - 4

Stealth - 2

Command - 2

Survival - 1

Birthrights

celtic pendant (2).jpg

He wears this pendant on a leather string around his neck

twin_short_swords_by_odinblades.jpg

Both of these swords were forge by Goibhniu with the help of the Morrigan as a gift for when he was sent off into the world, the swords are made from intertwined strands of fate that the Morrigan cut for him at the heart of each sword is a feather from the Morrigan's cape. The swords can almost meld with his body making them hard to draw but impossible for a mortal and difficult for a scion to notice, he will always carry these swords with him. On the blade in engraved the last thing that the Morrigan said to him as he left "It is fates design that you carry her will". The swords remain exceptionally sharp and are capable of cutting through small pieces of lots of mundane metals.

Divine Purviews

Chaos

Eye of the storm

Crawling Chaos

Labyrinthine lingering

Magic

The Unlidded Eye

Fork in the Road

Avoid a fate

Anything else of importance goes here.

Kyran's most prized possession apart from the medallion and his twin blades is the Sikorsky UH-60 helicopter that he bought almost as soon as he left the military, he had flown a wide variety of different rotor and fixed wing aircraft during his time in the military but he had always envyed the american pilots who got to fly the UH-60 due to its high speed, manoeuvrability and long range. Although they are available second hand to civilians by using a few contacts he managed to get  an MH-60M class helicopter that had taken serious damage and so his contact convinced the operators that it was a much better offer to sell it rather than spend the time and money to repair it. Although it required him to stay at a small airfield for around 6 weeks to finish the repairs, if you ask him the finished product was worth every penny and even features some of the special forces upgrades with radar absorbent paint and some angling of some of the side panels.

stealth-yanshuf.jpg

Favourite Food: Cacciatore (Italian salami)

Kyran met some Italians at one of the UN bases that he visited and one of them introduced him to it. It is easy to carry, never goes off and is really good for getting the dust out of your mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple notes - if he's from Scotland, he's Scottish, not Irish. Second, not too antisocial, since we need interaction (which is why Sam is just brutally honest and talks in small sentences). Third, you need at least one fear. Fourth, I can count, but I'd like for you to include under the attributes which ones are your first, second, and third priorities. I have yet to read your Bio, since I am about to game with my dad, but those are the current notes on your character. Also, I can look for a better picture for your character if you'd like. <3

however as soon as Kyran could walk his father took him to the Isle of Skye and left him in the care of a family of monks who live at Dun Sagthaich

Jackass. Who even was his dad? We just know that apparently he's a jackass for doing this, and apparently he's both dead and rich, and left his money to the son he decided to drop off at the monastery where they think it's an amazing idea to start swordfighting kids with real weapons.

black pupils and black sclera, he has no need for glasses.

Iris colour?

I've a few issues with the logic of the skill allocations.

Served a whole bunch of time in the military and leading soldiers, with his men believing in him a whole bunch, but no Command skill or Presence or nada? To make Captain, he'd have to have some skill at something like that. Also, no Survival Skill after being in the military and SAS?  Unlikely. I assume he got his Craft skill in Automobiles from the Great Smith thing. Why automobiles? Surely the Celtic Gods would favour weapons or something, instead.

For some praise, I like the addition of him being a flyboy. I'll give you props for that. Two or three of them, I think.

A couple notes - if he's from Scotland, he's Scottish, not Irish. Second, not too antisocial, since we need interaction (which is why Sam is just brutally honest and talks in small sentences). Third, you need at least one fear. Fourth, I can count, but I'd like for you to include under the attributes which ones are your first, second, and third priorities. I have yet to read your Bio, since I am about to game with my dad, but those are the current notes on your character. Also, I can look for a better picture for your character if you'd like. <3

He was born in Ireland. He shouldn't be to antisocial hes just a sarcastic little shit who gets skittish around new people. If you come across a better picture then thanks, but don't go looking just for me.

Jackass. Who even was his dad? We just know that apparently he's a jackass for doing this, and apparently he's both dead and rich, and left his money to the son he decided to drop off at the monastery where they think it's an amazing idea to start swordfighting kids with real weapons.

Iris colour?

I've a few issues with the logic of the skill allocations.

Served a whole bunch of time in the military and leading soldiers, with his men believing in him a whole bunch, but no Command skill or Presence or nada? To make Captain, he'd have to have some skill at something like that. Also, no Survival Skill after being in the military and SAS?  Unlikely. I assume he got his Craft skill in Automobiles from the Great Smith thing. Why automobiles? Surely the Celtic Gods would favour weapons or something, instead.

For some praise, I like the addition of him being a flyboy. I'll give you props for that. Two or three of them, I think.

He got taught metallurgy and woodwork from the great smith but his automotive skill comes from his time repairing vehicles in the military.

Last edited by a moderator:
||Kyran Brady||

View attachment 227577This isn't much like how I picture him but I couldn't find a better picture

|General Information|

Full Name

Kyran Brady

Nickname(s)

Ky

Birth Date

29th February 1984

Race/Ethnicity

Male

Sexuality

Pansexual (He thinks)

Marital Status

Current Family Member

None, father deceased (Boat sank as he left Bruray, some reports indicated an abnormal number of crows in the area)

|Appearance Description|

Face Shape

Hair Style

Tousled hair, no real hairstyle he just leaves it after drying it. He keeps his hair fairly short to keep out of his eyes.

Hair Color

Raven Black

Eye Color

Height

6'2'' (188 Cm) 

Weight

150lb (68 Kg)

Body Type

Lean with very wiry muscle (High muscle density) so he tends to look a bit stringy

Tattoo(s)

None

Scar(s)

Lots of smaller scars litter from scratches and gashes to small burns litter his body from training but he has 2 major scars.

View attachment 227511

He carved the above scar onto the inside of his left forearm in preparation for one of the trials that he underwent in training.

View attachment 227510

This is a little different as the outline was carved into his back when he was very young and whenever he passed a new trial then the instructor who had been training him would fill in the next blade. The yellow bit in the middle was only added very recently and is burnt in as a brand instead of carved, he got it for demonstrating the strength of his ichor.

|Personal Information|

Personality

Kyran grew up in isolation in the islands off the north of Scotland in a monastery however it was much more like a Buddhist monastery in that the monks did not pray to a god but rather meditated and trained their bodies often to forgive themselves for some crime that they had commited earlier in their lives. This obviously lead to Kyran having a quiet childhood filed with meditation and training to be at peace with yourself however lots of the monks were ex criminals so some of their less than honest pasts slipped into Kyran's training and child hood. So while you could definitely describe Kyran as a person of good moral intentions he often uses less than good ways to achieve them. He firmly believes in the age old saying that the end justifies the means and so he would have no qualms with killing a smuggler who was just about to get into a firefight with police in which it is likely that a police officer would die or killing a corrupt police officer to prevent him giving information about where the next police raid is to the mafia to allow them to plan an ambush.

In a social situation Kyran will try and stay back on the edges listening but very rarely joining in oun a conversation and always ensuring that he knows the quickest way to the exit. If he is just adding to a conversation he will be breif and concise in his explanation but if he is criticising or feels threatened by someone in conversation he normally turn to heavy sarcasm to try and drive them away as quickly as possible. He is very private and will keep as much of the knowledge about himself secret for as long as he can and will often react badly to people trying to dig into his past.

Flying

The cold

Learning new skills

Reading 

Solitude

Fighting

Dislikes

The heat

Odin (It's complicated)

Goals

At the moment he is travelling the world to explore, see new sights, learn new skills.

Fears

Large bangs and blast like sounds often give him chills and can promote flashbacks to his service

Strengths

Weaknesses

Kyran is often paranoid of new people and new locations even if he tries to act nice.

Crowds often scare Kyran as he perceives it as lots of threats in a place where tracking them is impossible.

Background

He was born in northern Ireland to a freindly father who cared for him however as he began to develop and show a wider variety of features his father started to get more distant and often acted like he didn't know Kyran was there. As soon as Kyran could walk his father took him to the The island of  Bruray and left him in the care of a family of monks who live at Dun Sagthaich. Here he was trained in both mind and body, lots of the combat scars originate from this period as the monks didn’t believe in using training weapons so they went straight to live steel. He was taught in regular lessons by a tutor that would come to the monastery after teaching at the school on Whalsay.

When he turned 10 he was first visited by the Morrigan along with her sisters the Macha and the Badb. He was informed about his heritage and how he would have to undergo a series of trials before he could be released into the world as a scion of the Morrigan. He was also told that his first test would be a trial by crafts and so he would be entered into the tutelage of Goibhniu The great smith. The Morrigan also carved the outline of the vortex onto his back with her knife.

At the age of 18 he had completed 5 of the 6 trials, (Trial by Crafts, Fire, Water, Shadows, Pain) he had also carved the celtic band into his arm in preparation for the trial by pain. These trials being completed he had filled in all but the centre of the vortex on his back each segment filled by the instructor who oversaw the trial. His final trial was trial by combat. He had defeated all of the monks in the monastery the day prior but then he had to fight the Morrigna. His battle with the Macha ended up as a drawer while he was defeated by the Badb after a long battle. In both these battles the goddesses decided not to fight with their powers so that they could test his skill in combat, his Ichor would be tested later. Finally he fought the Morrigan, this battle raged for 12 hours with Kyran finally drawing from the depths of his Ichor however in the end the Morrigan easily defeated him partly due to her knowledge and control of the fates so the battle was over before it began.

The Morrigan however found his skills impressive and his ability to draw on the power of his Ichor was also exceptional so she burnt and carved the final rune into the vortex on his back and sent him into the world. Once he was released into the world he explored for a couple of months and then joined the UK military. He served for around 6 years, he started off in the army air core because in his brief explorations he had already learnt to love flight, he served for 2 years quickly climbing the ranks to captain and serving on a long 17 month tour during that time. The other 4 years in the military he slipped off reservation and was recruited as both a pilot and soldier in the SAS. While he struggled to lead men all of his men believed in him because his quickl thinking had got them out of trouble several times and so they followed him because they trusted him. He recently left the military as he felt that he had learnt everything he could and so he would like to start exploring in this changed world.

|Divine Information|

Pantheon

Celtic

God

Morrigan 

Nature

Bravo

Attributes

1st - Physical

2nd - Mental

3rd - Social

Traits

[Here you mention the three traits in each attribute for your character, but to prevent your character from being too overpowered, you are given a certain amount of points for each attribute to distribute amongst your traits (which can all level up to ten), and one pre-existing point in each trait. Your first priority gets 8 points, your second gets 6, and your third gets 4. Fill them in below (the example is given). For reference, 2 points in a trait is 'average human ability' and 5 points is the human peak.]

Physical

Strength - [**]

Dexterity - [*****]

Stamina - [****]

Social

Charisma - [****]

Manipulation - [*]

Appearance - [**]

Mental

Perception - [***]

Intelligence - [**]

Wits - [****]

Abilities

[There is a provided list of abilities in the Lore subforum that you should read through before choosing which ones you want for your character. You have thirty (30) points to spend on these 24 provided abilities, which will be done in a similar fashion to the traits - write down the abilities you want and how many points you're including for each (maximum of five points per ability).]

Athletics - 5

Awareness - 2

Brawl - 1

Control (Aircraft) - 3

Craft (Automotive) -  2

Forititude - 2

Integrity - 1

Marksmanship - 5

Melee - 4

Stealth - 2

Command - 2

Survival - 1

Birthrights

View attachment 227546

View attachment 227548

Both of these swords were forge by Goibhniu with the help of the Morrigan as a gift for when he was sent off into the world, the swords are made from intertwined strands of fate that the Morrigan cut for him at the heart of each sword is a feather from the Morrigan's cape. The swords can almost meld with his body making them hard to draw but impossible for a mortal and difficult for a scion to notice, he will always carry these swords with him. On the blade in engraved the last thing that the Morrigan said to him as he left "It is fates design that you carry her will".

Divine Purviews

Chaos

Eye of the storm

Crawling Chaos

Labyrinthine lingering

I see and I like it, but you're missing something from the rules.

d4a7b90e7d253123cdb7fdc0ceeb3e83.jpg

Mrow?

5c0c4db3e90324060f847666a82767df.jpg

I found this too. Do you like either of these?

||Kyran Brady||

View attachment 227994But in a green T-shirt instead of hoodie

|General Information|

Full Name

Kyran Brady

Nickname(s)

Ky

Birth Date

29th February 1984

Race/Ethnicity

Male

Sexuality

Pansexual (He thinks)

Marital Status

Current Family Member

|Appearance Description|

Face Shape

Hair Style

Hair Color

Raven Black

Eye Color

Skin Color

Pale with a light dusting of freckles

Height

6'2'' (188 Cm) 

Weight

150lb (68 Kg)

Body Type

Tattoo(s)

None

Scar(s)

View attachment 227511

View attachment 227510

|Personal Information|

Personality

Flying

The cold

Learning new skills

Reading 

Solitude

Fighting

Dislikes

The heat

Odin (It's complicated)

Goals

Fears

Strengths

Weaknesses

Background

The Morrigan however found his skills impressive and his ability to draw on the power of his Ichor was also exceptional so she burnt and carved the final rune into the vortex on his back and sent him into the world. Once he was released into the world he explored for a couple of months and then joined the UK military. He served for around 6 years, he started off in the army air core because in his brief explorations he had already learnt to love flight, he served for 2 years quickly climbing the ranks to captain and serving on a long 17 month tour during that time. The other 4 years in the military he slipped off reservation and was recruited as both a pilot and soldier in the SAS. While he struggled to lead men all of his men believed in him because his quickl thinking had got them out of trouble several times and so they followed him because they trusted him. He recently left the military as he felt that he had learnt everything he could and so he would like to start exploring in this changed world.

|Divine Information|

Pantheon

Celtic

God

Morrigan 

Nature

Bravo

Attributes

1st - Physical

2nd - Mental

3rd - Social

Traits

Physical

Strength - [**]

Dexterity - [*****]

Stamina - [****]

Social

Charisma - [****]

Manipulation - [*]

Appearance - [**]

Mental

Perception - [***]

Intelligence - [**]

Wits - [****]

Abilities

Athletics - 5

Awareness - 2

Brawl - 1

Control (Aircraft) - 3

Craft (Automotive) -  2

Forititude - 2

Integrity - 1

Marksmanship - 5

Melee - 4

Stealth - 2

Command - 2

Survival - 1

Birthrights

View attachment 227546

View attachment 227548

Both of these swords were forge by Goibhniu with the help of the Morrigan as a gift for when he was sent off into the world, the swords are made from intertwined strands of fate that the Morrigan cut for him at the heart of each sword is a feather from the Morrigan's cape. The swords can almost meld with his body making them hard to draw but impossible for a mortal and difficult for a scion to notice, he will always carry these swords with him. On the blade in engraved the last thing that the Morrigan said to him as he left "It is fates design that you carry her will".

Divine Purviews

Chaos

Eye of the storm

Crawling Chaos

Labyrinthine lingering

Favourite Food: Cacciatore (Italian salami)

Kyran met some Italians at one of the UN bases that he visited and one of them introduced him to it. It is easy to carry, never goes off and is really good for getting the dust out of your mouth.

Accepted!

Still approved, just as long as you don't go overboard. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back