Anime & Manga Kyoto Animation Tribute Thread

Count Gensokyo

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a Fair & Balanced Game
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi, everyone.

D3D6F600-49D4-45AC-9921-731B810C25CA.jpeg

Some of you may know already, but for those who don't, it is with heavy heart that I tell you:

Kyoto Animation, the studio responsible for anime television series such as Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, K-On!, Ms. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Free!, and Violet Evergarden, was firebombed on the morning of the 18th of July. Japan hasn't been affected by a mass-murder this horrible since 2001.

A police report hasn't been issued yet, but it's estimated that dozens of the 70 staff members at the studio building died in the attack, including some of the lead directors. The attacker has been apprehended by the authorities, but no details about him have been released.

I wanted to create this thread for any people who may share an emotional attachment to the people of this animation studio and any of the art they have produced.

My heart goes out to all of those who have been affected by this tragedy—casualties, survivors, the families and friends of the victims, and fans all around the world.

I remember hearing something about how the firebomber was angry at Kyoto Animation for somehow plagiarising his work. While plagiarising is a very serious thing in Japan nothing excuses the firebombing of anywhere or killing anyone over it. Much less becoming the worst mass murderer of your own country for nearly twenty years and ruining the lives of 70 innocent people and their families.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back