• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Kromm - Symphony of Thieves

Noah Bassisto

War Room

Noah saw more members walk into the war room. He noticed a few higher ranking ones, such as Fuiji. Noah noticed him nod and smiled politely. The man looked like he was sleeping, but Noah quickly dismissed the disrespectful though. As Vex spoke about the mission, Noah listened carefully. Avoiding damage and casualties seemed simple for him. Being more of a support Vesper, Noah had no qualms with the requirements of the mission. He simply looked to Vex's veiled face and nodded.

||Kokoro|| ~ In the War Room with fellow Vespers and Vex

Kokoro gave a smirk as he heard his Pandagem chuckle at his sudden transformation. His ears were lifted honing in on the instructions and regulations being told of the mission. As Vex continued on with his explanation, Kokoro's ears began to droop.

No combat? Crimey that was what I was looking forward to...juveniles...eesh that is whom we are going to have to attend to.

Kokoro loved little children, but when it came to teens and there hormone years, Kokoro tends to stray from them. With his awful temper and their stubbornness, it is often not a great combination. A great big sigh escaped his mouth once Vex finished his explanation.

His eyes wandered over to Jax, who seemed to be lost in thought.
Go on this mission for him. He seemed quite eager to go on a mission. Wonder if he is still interested in this mission after hearing the regulations and expectations?

Kokoro was tempted to ask, but out of respect didn't for he didn't want to seem like a picky Vesper. "Are you as excited as I am?" Kokoro exclaimed.

xXAdolanyaXx ~ In War Room

Leaning against the doorframe of the War Room she listened with ease to Vex's words. Helping out young ones. I can handle this mission. I love children and teens. She felt a sense of excitement run through her, but her expression did not give off any of her emotion. She did not want to seem like one of those giddy girls but rather a sophisticated woman.

Her eyes wandered over to examine the other members. She saw Brogan, Rue, Fuiji, Noah, Jax, Kokoro, and Sidney. Adolanya looked behind her into the hallway wondering if perhaps any other members were wanting to participate in this mission.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rue 'River' Garder - In the War-Room

Rue shifted the strap of her saxophone, adjusting it to be more comfortable. She rocked back and forth on the balls of her heels as they waited. Jumping just slightly, she turned her head to who she recognized immediately as Fuiji, leaning against the wall, as he had spoken. Wow, I didn't even see him, she thought with a small, slightly impressed smile. She liked to think that she too was good at walking around unnoticed, but Fuiji must've been the true master. Rue had even tried sneaking up on him once or twice, but had failed miserably.

Spotting yet another familiar face, Rue slithered over to the dragon-girl. Sidney Harper had caught Rue's attention immediately, obviously being of one of the most interesting races. She had never met another dragon before, and had voiced her curiosity and awe, which had then lead to a long conversation and the beginning of a new friendship. Standing next to her, she bumped the girl's hip with her own hip in greeting. "Hey Sid..." She half-whispered, not wanting to disrupt the tension in the room, as people awaited orders from the mysterious Vex.

They all listened intently as their leader spoke, explaining the class 3 mission, they had all volunteered for. Infiltration mission, huh. Glancing around at the others, her eyes once again landed on Jax and Kokoro, who both seemed a bit disappointed about the no combat rule. She was pretty okay with it though, it seemed like Noah and Lanya were too. It was good chance to try out some of her enchantments out of combat as well. Nodding to herself, Rue turned her head back to Vex, awaiting further information or a go-signal.​

Jax Henders

War Room

Jax hummed as he considered the question, his mind wondering if he was truly satisfied. Even with the excitement meeting the next generatio and maybe passing on some good traits quickly brought to his mind, Jax knew that he was still somewhat dissatisfied at how he was going on a mission where he wouldn't be able to stress his muscles or really practice his stances, except maybe showing them off to the kids/younger ones who obviously would all be impressed at how graceful and fluid a creature of his size was. Opening his mouth, Jax grumbled, "Well, I can't say I am completely happy, but the chance to meet the next generations and pass down lessons of age is an exciting prospect."

The idea of helping younger children out reminded him of the Big Brother program his tribe enforced. To make sure that the younger ones would understand certain rules and stances correctly they were assigned to a personal teacher who helped them in critical points in time. Even when they grew up, one could always look for and lean on the ones who had been their Big Brother in the past. He, himself had had a Big Brother, a fellow Pandagem named Finil Jinter, who had become one of the Tribal Elders who enforced the traditional laws, who had, in the past, had been one of the driving factors in how he was now.

Looking around, and realizing that this was it and the explanation was over, nodded to himself, before grabbing onto Kokoro and leading him, more like dragging, out of the War Room. "Leading" Kokoro out of the room, Jax headed towards where he and the others would get what they needed for the mission, the ever helpful Gear Room. There they would get things like maps, simple instructions, and other things that some of the members needed in the coming mission. They also needed to go to the Gear Room, was because that was where the Commissioning Bay was. The Commissioning Bay was where people either got into the Organization's Standard Vehicles, which they were allowed to use in every situation regarding Vesper business, or just getting out of the Organization's grounds in general. Getting to the Gear Room, Jax looked over to where he had lead Kokoro, his eyes closed as he asked eagerly, "Need anything from here?"

@LifeNovel

Sidney Harper

Heading to the war room

Sidney stood among the other vespers who were assisting with the mission listening intently as Vex explained the mission they would be on. She was excited for the mission in all honesty, she didn't mind combat and was fairly good at it but Sid liked missions where it wasn't necessary. Then there was the added bonus of helping kids out of the shadows Kromm cast upon bright creative minds. She something bump her hip and blinked before glancing over spotting River. The dragon grinned back at her friend but waited until the mission details had been given before responding.

Once dismissed Sindey bumped the other vesper with her hip and giggled softly. "Excited?" She questioned as she turned to move with the rest of the other team members to get ready for the mission. She had everything she would really need but wanted to double check and make sure there wouldn't be any hiccups with Siren while out in the field. The last thing she wanted was to snap a string or something similar in the middle of combat. While it wasn't a combat heavy mission she liked to be prepared.

@khuyen

Vex nodded in recognition of his followers, and then turned to Fuiji.

"We don't want the police or the Enforcers showing up uninvited to ruin our mission, so we will divert their forces elsewhere, spreading their numbers between two fronts. Fuiji, my old friend, you and a few of my Vespers will aim a distractive measure somewhere outside of the school sector, and once the diversion is in place, then our mission may begin. I will be watching, all of you, and don't forget: the true power of a Vesper lies within the heart, not with keys or strings. You are dismissed. Retrieve whatever supplies you will need from the Gear Room, and then Brogan will prepare a portal for the trip."

Vex nodded his cloaked head towards the high-ranked Vesper, and Brogan felt the burden of leadership settle itself on his shoulders once more. It was a heavy responsibility to bear, but he found comfort in the fact that he always had his fellow Vespers to watch his back.

Brogan took a deep breath and steeled himself for the coming battle.

"All right, let's move. Everyone to the Gear Room, grab only what you need and leave behind anything you can spare. Once you have your gear, everyone meet up in the East Warp Chamber and we'll head out. Come on, let's move!"

He rushed out of the War Room boldly, already beginning to feel the rush of excitement and energy that the mission was sure to provide. He grabbed a few spare keys from the Gear Room, storing them in a pocket dimension, as well as two smoke bombs and some flash powder. Once he had everything he needed, Brogan strolled to the East Warp Chamber and waited.

It was a rather small room, mostly empty, but the far wall was inscribed with some enchantments that made portal transportation a little easier and more efficient. A silence emanated throughout the room as the Vesper waited patiently for his team to arrive.

Realizing they had been dismissed, Rue followed the others to the Gear Room with long steps. She walked besides Sidney, going over in her head if she needed something. It's not really a combat mission, so it should be fine, but just in case... "Excited? I'm alright. It's been a while, since we've been out in the field, lately I've only found myself practicing, it seems..." She spoke as they made it to the Gear Room, where some of the others were already grabbing things here and there. "How about you, excited? Are you getting anything by the way?" Walking away from her friend a bit, Rue turned to grab some of the things, she wanted to bring; 3 pouches filled with water and one single smoke bomb, just in case.

Having stored them in an enchanted purse, she usually had around her shoulder, Rue checked her saxophone strap, making sure it was secure. Finished with her business, she wanted to wait for her friend, before following Brogan to the East Warp Chamber. He was always in a rush, Rue thought with a small smile, shaking her head slightly. "Are you feeling better, Kokoro?" Her voice raised slightly to reach the ears of the lagomorpcian. Just a while ago, he had been on the ground, hungover, and now he was all ready to go. She was impressed to say the least. Moving out of the way, Rue chose to stand near the door, ready to leave when everyone had gathered their things.

@Shura , @LifeNovel

||Kokoro|| ~ With Jax in Gear Room

"Helping younger generations, eh? Not my specialty but I can live with it," Kokoro commented to Jax's reply. Always in the past encounters of children, he always ended up injured from the children. Kokoro sometimes shudders on the word children since they are rough with him, think he is cute, or find him a freak. Not wanting to seem like a downer of the mission he went along with the thrilled excitement of going on a mission.

Kokoro watched as his Pandagem friend walked over to the Gear Room. One of his ears lifted when he heard Jax asking a question.
"Do I need something? Nah, I think I have all I need. A couple of kids aren't too much trouble for me," Kokoro laughed inwardly at his own irony. His thoughts were interrupted when another fellow Vesper directed a question to him, it was little Rue. "I'm as alive as the sun," Kokoro answered with a wink.

xXAdolanyaXx ~ walking over to Gear Room

Adolanya hesitated entering the room. Is there really anything I need. This isn't primarily a combat mission so I should be fine. She just moved her hand to her back ensuring that her case holding her violin was still strapped to her back. Feeling the hard case against her hand she walked away from the War Room and headed over to the room where Brogan awaited them.

Noah Bassisto

Gear Room

Noah wondered who will accompany Fuiji in the separate group to draw the military's attention. Brogan quickly left the War Room, and so did others. Noah walked into the Gear Room and began to equip himself. He concealed a blade and a few smoke bombs on his person and in his instrument. Noah also put the magic rosin in his pocket. Noah picked up the case and wore it like a backpack. Lugging it, Noah made his way to the East Warp Chamber. He was rather sluggish as the double bass limited his mobility.

Jax Henders

Heading to East Warp Chamber

Jax chuckled at Kokoro's aversion to children, knowing of the the Lagomorpcian's rather deep dislike of the children in their upper years. Patting his friend on the back, Jax started to head through the Gear Room, one of the closest pathways to the East Warp Chamber was going through the Gear Room. See, the way the entire setup was built was that the Gear Room opened out into The Commissioning Bay, where instead of going onto one of the assigned vehicles, or leaving on assignments regularly, you could go to the Warp Chambers located on the specified sides of the Bay.

Walking through the Gear Room, Jax didn't find it very odd about why there very few Vespers around him at the moment, getting their things. The people with no missions wouldn't really spend time doing things like being in a Mission
preparation room, without having a mission to prepare for. It was like those crazies on the outer sides of the city that had become so paranoid they built underground bunkers because of some apocalyptic event that would most likely never come.

Bypassing the Gear Room, and falling into the large expansive setting of the Commissioning Bay, which was like an airplane hangar, with its area outside, shielded from view by the metal overcast. Looking around, Jax became interested in the amount of vehicles the Vesper had, which, while admittedly a low number, they were well used, and well taken care of. There were a few motorbikes built for more flexible speed, and large heavily armored vans, built for over the road tropp shipping. Shaking his head, realizing that he was being taken off of his original course, continued to head towards the eastern side of the Commissioning Bay, where they would all find the East Warp Chamber. Getting closer to it, Jax smiled as each step he took set him closer and closer to his mission.

@LifeNovel

@AnyoneHeadingOutToEastWarpChamber

Sidney Harper

Gear room -> Warp Rooms

Sid grinned to her friend and nodded "Very much so, It's been a while since I went on a mission. Training is fun but can't always prepare for the field. Plus we're helping a whole new generation of artists." She chuckled softly moving through the gear room collecting up a few some bombs and stealth gear. They weren't supposed to engage in combat so stealth would be the up most important skill for this mission. That and moving fast. Sidney's strength lied in her ability to fly so she traveled light when ever possible. Though one would never think so with the peddles on her belt. The dragon adjusted siren to rest at her side with the strap across her chest made sure everything was in tip top shape, last thing she needed was a busted string. Once she was done she started to head towards the war room where some were already gathered and waiting.

@khuyen

Brogan looked around at his comrades gathered in the Warp Room with him. They all appeared to be adequately prepared to embark. Brogan himself was prepared as well in terms of equipment, but he was still steeling his mind for the pressure of calling shots and leading his team.

"All right, this is it guys. Remember what Vex said-no violence unless they provoke us first. No killing. Try your best not to turn the school into rubble. And no matter what happens, stay positive."

Brogan turned towards the runes printed on the wall, and began reciting the Vesper Oath. It was a standard transportation enchantment that every Vesper worth his sheet music knew, and it was customary for everyone on the team to recite it before embarking on a mission, even if they weren't the one opening the portal. It split the effort of the spellcasting among the whole team, and it promoted teamwork and synergy.

"The song of hearts, bound together

free from folly and mundane tether

Power of spirit; sharper than steel,

and strong souls' might can harm and heal

The Vesper spirit never dies

for in each other, our true strength lies."

As Brogan spoke the oath alongside his brothers and sisters, a portal of swirling energy split open, covering the runes on the wall and instead revealing their destination across the threshhold: the uninspiring confines of the private school's courtyard. It was the most subtle way into the building without risking compromising its structural integrity.

He looked back once more at his team, and then slung Primadore over his shoulder and leaped through the vortex.

||Kokoro||

Excitement ruffled his fur and buffed up his muscles. Kokoro nearly jumped over to the East Chamber where Brogan waited. With one paw constantly checking to see if his Bagpipes are secured, Kokoro entered the room.

Kokoro knew that he had to appear professional. He calmed down and straightened up his posture. With attentive ears he listened in on what Brogan had to say once more. Kokoro responded with crossed arms. "No violence still doesn't sound like fun. But whatever," he commented to no one in particular.

Kokoro then hushed when he heard Brogan enchanting words. By some instinct he joined along with the words. His eyes widened as a portal slowly opened up in front of them. His awe was soon replaced with a judemental look.

His eyes examined the landscape before them. "Mm no wonder the children are so dull-minded here. Looks like my mother's knitting room," Kokoro remarked even though no one could understand his comparison. He glanced back behind him towards Jax and asked, "Are you ready buddy?"

xXAdolanyaXx

She felt herself smiling as she watched the others pile in. In her heart she felt at home with these ragtag people. All held determined looks in their eyes as well as pride in their stances.

This is what it is to be a Vesper.

Her heart felt even more complete as she joined her fellow Vespers in a chant. Same as Kokoro's reaction, her eyes widened with awe as she watched the portal opened. She rolled her eyes but had a smile as she heard Kokoro's comment.

My first mission.

With that thought in her mind she clung tightly onto her violin and jumped through the portal after Brogan.

Noah Bassisto

Warp Room

Noah was glad this mission was bent on not a lot of violence. He was exactly the aggressive type. Brogan began saying the Vesper Oath, and Noah joined in but with a low, mezzo piano volume. The portal opened and one of the Vespers, Kokoro if Noah recalls correctly, made a few comments and looked eager to enter. Brogan walked through the portal first, and then another Vesper...Adolayna. A recently new recruit. Perhaps this was her first mission? Noah stepped through the portal, into the schools courtyard.

Fuiji Niwazaka

Kromm Plaza

Having gone ahead slightly before the other group, Fuiji and the two young Vesper's with him stood in the center of Kromm's major shopping center, Kromm Plaza. It always had a large volume of foot traffic, and a police presence was not just likely, it was to be expected. As such, Fuiji though it to be the best place for a nice police diversion. If he could just get the ball rolling, the rest of his plan should be able to take care of itself. And besides a bit of chaos it should go off without any real injuries for anyone. Now, how to begin? Fuiji looked back and forth between his two young companions and thought it over. On one hand, he had a large, young stoic man, well muscled and itching to prove himself useful. On the other hand he had a short, well endowed young, redheaded woman with a sly look in her eye. Fuiji thought it over for a few seconds and a small grin seemed to grow as he did.

Fuiji leaned over on his cane, allowing some of his muscles to relax greatly, while tensing others. This allowed him to walk in the uncomfortable gait that most young people today assumed the elderly had. He began to hobble along at a pace that was abhorrent, even to someone who liked to relax as much as Fuiji. His "grandchildren" followed along beside him, making small comments about where he would like to eat, or what he would like to see. In response Fuiji would mutter angry offhand comments in a shaky voice, often about how things used to be back in his day. As they worked their way through the crowd, he was given a bit of leeway by the passerby due to his age, but not too much and that was perfect. Fuiji halted as came upon one of Kromm's local police.

The officer looked at him, and gave him a seemingly warm smile. That made Fuiji's job a bit unhappier, for he was hoping not to burden one of the rare police officers with a conscience around here. But it had to be done, Fuiji acted as if he had been pushed, tossing his cane slightly to the side and falling into a nearby pedestrian.
"Aghhh, elder abuse, elder abuse!", Fuiji shouted at the officer. This drew a few glances, and people began muttering about the apparent situation. Fuiji scooped his cane and began poking and prodding the officer in front of him with it. "Picking on your elders, young man? That uniform make you feel big? I'll have you know I'm a veteran! Attack me in front of my grandchildren will you? Let's go, come on!", he lifted his cane like a bat and began weakly walking the police officer on the knees. Fuiji was sure it was little more than annoying, but the attention it was drawing made the officer call for back up.

Fuiji held back a smile as other officers began to arrive, trying to calm him down and ask him what was the matter.
"What's the matter? This young man assaulted me in front of my two grandchildren here!", he pointed his cane at them. The officers turned to the two skeptically, and one placed his hand on Faye, the young womans, shoulder. Fuiji just had to take this chance, it was way too easy. "Unhand my granddaughter you perverted scoundrel!", he shouted and began smacking that police officer impotently with his cane. "How dare you try to grope a young lady like that! I'll teach you!". He began putting a little more force into the hits, ones that might leave a tiny, one day bruise, and the officer grimaced. He pulled out a device that Fuiji didn't recognize at first, Fuiji wasn't really tech savvy, but this is the first time such has bothered him. The officer clicked a button and a switch and the device sparked, electricity arcing between two prongs. Fuijis' eyes widened a bit, he hadn't expected such a thing to be used so soon.

Well, he supposed it was time to really attract a crowd now, he just had to remember to not leave anyone permanently damaged. He let all his muscles resume their natural state as the man went to taze him. He reached out, quick as a viper, grabbing the mans hand, and with a most comical expression on the officers face, he turned the taser into the original officers chest. With a small spark, and a bit of shuddering the tased officer collapsed in a muscle spasm. Fuiji shook his wrist and three small needles fell out of his sleeve, landing in between his fingers. Each one had a light purple mixture on the tip, a special plant based toxin Fuiji made himself. He tossed one into the neck of the officer with the taser, and then two more into the chest of the remaining officer. Each man let out a small yelp, and then collapsed. As planned the toxin should leave them paralyzed for two hours, and then wear off completely.

With such a bold move in a large public place, the city police would be stark raving mad, and all to eager to chase Fuiji and his companions. So Fuiji turned his two accomplices around, and urged them to run. The three of them burst out of the crowd and began sprinting down the street as more police began to arrive. In the confusion it should take at least a few minutes for them to know which way to run. But when they did figure it out, it would be considered an act of rebellion, and the police would mobilize to chase them. Which was exactly why Fuiji was running the OPPOSITE direction from the school the other Vespers were headed to. Fuiji laughed as he ran, feeling a bit of a burn and ache, but enjoying the thrill of action that always made him feel youthful. Meanwhile, from a building high above, a single bird watched the events with eyes aglow.

The team found themselves in the middle of the gray courtyard that they had seen through the portal's aperture. The school building that surrounded them was equally bleak, save for a few bright blue lights that lined the outside of the structure here and there. They were rather pretty, but nothing super ingenious or original.

"Okay, we head for the main office. Everyone had better be on their best behavior. Kokoro, play nice with the other kids. Jax, try not to wreck anything by accident. Let's move."

There were already a few teenagers in the courtyard staring at the group, some wide-eyed in surprise, some already taking pictures and videos with their handheld devices. They whispered among themselves, but the Brogan's practiced Vesper hearing could make out their comments clear as day. They said words like, "What the hell?" and "Oh god, its those rebels!" and "Where did they get those sweet threads?" and "Damn, the one with the violin, she's a ten for sure."

He gave a small gesture and a nod to his team, signaling for them to follow, and he ran past the students and their queries and into the hallways, heading in the direction where he figured the office would be. There were a few guards stationed near doorways, and it took them a few seconds to realize that Brogan and his team were not supposed to be there.

"Hey, you! Stop!"

Jax Henders

School Courtyard

Nodding his head to his friends question, Jax replied with a confident "Yes" before the chant to start the warp started, and Jax quickly joined in, not missing a beat as he said the traditional words that held a grander power than most could understand. As the chant finished, and Jax saw their squad leader jump in, he sent a small nod towards his comrades, before heading in with a mighty jump, his huge body making it through the portal with ease. The trip through the dimensions was jarring to be exact, his sight was filled with bright lights and other things, before quickly coming to a stop, his feet landing on the smooth stone of their arriving area. Looking up, Jax untensed himself as he saw the numerous groups of kids that had already noticed their arrival, some of them in excitement, while others were in fear.

Jax smiled slightly, his rather intimidating features lightening to let the positive expression appear, and looked around the group of children, all of them varying in age, but still managing to look young to him, even the few seniors that littered the lower class group. All of them looked at the Vespers with different looks in their eyes, some of them in anger, or desperation, excitement, or even ambition. Needless to say, their arrival was surely anything, but stealthy, and it was stupid to think it was.

Running after his leader, his huge body lightly touching the ground as he seemingly flew through the air, surprising the young ones with his grace and light touch. Spotting the approaching guards, Jax sped forwards, passing Brogan, and jumped through the air, his body twirling with one of his legs stuck out. The target Guard, bless his soul, grunted as he was thrown back towards where he had started from by the kick, his internal body fine as Jax held back most of his power in the kick, and fell unconscious as his head hit the ground roughly.

Rue trailed behind her team-members, being one of the last people to enter the chamber. She joined in quietly, when the others started their chant, making the room vibrate with energy as the portal formed in front of their eyes. Fascinating as always. The others jumped right through, and Rue took the time to pull her saxophone strap, sliding the big instrument to her front. She cradled it in her arms like a baby, before taking three quick steps. The portal pulled at her body, throwing her through space, and she couldn't help but feel lightheaded, nauseous, and dizzy all at the same time. It was barely a second, before the portal spit her out again.

Her foot touched the ground lightly, and for a second, she thought, she had nailed the landing this time. Before even finishing the thought, the familiar disorientation made her lose her balance, sending her tumbling into Adolyana. "Sorry, I can never get these right..." Regaining her footing, she gave the violinist a sheepish smile. "Stupid portal jumping." Rue mumbled to herself, sliding her saxophone behind her back once again. Looking around, she noticed the students looking at them, and her eyebrow quirked upwards. "So much for secret sneaky mission, right? Right."

The team began moving, and Rue followed along, moving quick and quiet as usual. She prided herself in her ability to sneak around, often unconsciously, but it seemed they really hadn't gotten this 'quietly-infiltrate'-thing down. Guards approached them, as the team had run past them through the hallways. Before she could even react, Jax charged his huge panda-form forward and flew through the air. The poor guard didn't even see it coming. The rest of the bewildered guards were still charging at them though. "Hey, what happened to no violence! Or does this not count?" Fiddling through her pockets, she rummaged for one of the smoke-bombs, she had brought. "Where'd I put this damned thing..."

||Kokoro|| ~

"Play nice with the other kids," Kokoro mocked Brogan's words under his breath. His eyes traveled around the aesthetics of the school. "I can see why it's so boring here. No creativity, no beauty. These poor brutes," Kokoro commented. As they continued walking down towards the school kids began gawking, staring, or glaring at them. When the children's eyes landed on him and Jax they were wide and criticizing. "What? What'cha looking at? Never seen bunny before?" Kokoro scorned as he turned his head to face forward and lifted it up with pride. He also straightened his posture and walked with a march.

Soon guards approached them, before Kokoro could do anything, Jax was jumping over heads and guarding all of them with his size.
Can't let him have all the glory! Kokoro jumped over heads with his rabbit legs and landed beside his buddy positioning himself ready to punch anyone if needed. "Just say the word Brogan! I'm ready!" Kokoro exclaimed as he lifted his fists up with a smile on his face.

xXAdolanyaXx ~

She held her head up high as she took a few steps away from the portal entrance, getting a good look of the school. Suddenly she felt a weight on her back. Adolanya stumbled but kept her balance. Her head turn to see who it was, it was little Rue. She smiled and said, "That's okay. At least you didn't fall."

Her head then turned back to face forward following Brogan as he began to walk. She had her arms by her side and her head held up high. She could feel the children's eyes on them. Then came the remarks. One remark stood out. "Damn, the one with the violin, she's a ten for sure." Adolanya rolled her eyes. She felt the instinctive pride for her beauty but to hear it from such young teenagers disgusted her. They never change. She of course has always gotten comments from people but never bothered with them. Adolanya didn't have time for love.

Her thoughts were interrupted when guards appeared. A quick response to their approach was Jax and Kokoro jumping forward to guard them.

Noah Bassisto

Private School - On a Mish

Noah looked around at the bleak surroundings. His face wrinkled slightly, as if a putrid smell had wafted through the area. The sight of such a lack of...anything disgusted Noah. The bassist pitied the children who could not express any musical skill or feelings in this bland environment. Noah followed Brogan as they headed into the school, a slight smirk fell across Noah's face as a student commented on Adolayna's beauty. They approached some guards, one was quickly taken out by Jax and Kokoro soon joined him.

"Hmm, well that escalated quickly." Noah noted as he brings out his bow. Flicking his bow, Noah now wielded a blade and used it to knock a weapon out of one of the guards hands. The Bassist pointed his blade/bow to keep him against a wall. However, there were still other guards to deal with.

Sidney Harper

Sidney recited the code along side her fellow vespers, unable to help a small smile. She always felt a great deal of pride in being a vesper most so when she was fighting along side her fellow musicians. It reminded her there was still hope in an otherwise bleak world of structure and conformity. Upon arriving at the school she looked around spotting several student lingering in the court yard and smiled. They were supposed to be breaking the kids out and bringing them along so it was best to seem friendly and non threatening.

She looked around taking in the stale gray area around them an cringed at how dull and lifeless it was. She hated centers like this, oppressive and suffocating. It was always so miserable and strict. She shook off the negative vibe which radiated from their surroundings and gripped Siren a little tighter. As the command to move was given Sid was more than happy to comply. She gave a friendly wave to some of the kids before following the rest of the team along inside the building towards the main office.

They were supposed to be on their best behavior, which would make thing difficult at best should there by any opposition. Thankfully some of the team members were quick on their feet managing to dispatch the two guards with out the use of magic and in a more or less harmless manner. The dragon looked around very carefully to make sure there weren't more guards making rounds or hidden somewhere.

Brogan took on the remaining two guards two-on-one, using the Primadore's electric blade to parry their attacks while he dodged around them. The first one spasmed as the taser-blade connected with his legs, and then the second one followed. With a flourish, the blade retracted back into the instrument, and Brogan slung it back over his shoulder.

"No magic, at least not yet. Stick to physical combat unless we find ourselves in a hairy situation. This way, everyone, the office should be at the end of the hallway. C'mon."

He took off towards the end of the hallway, towards the door on the ever-so-distant other side that was marked "Admin Office". There were two more guards in front of the door, but they weren't going to be standing up for much longer. Everything so far seemed to be going according to plan.

Fuiji Niwazaka

Kromm Suburbs

Fuiji and his companions had been running for what felt like an hour, but couldn't have been that long. Maybe it had been fifteen or twenty minutes, but little more if Fuiji had to guess. It had seemed they were still being followed if Fuiji's instincts were correct, which they almost always were. But he couldn't see who was following them, or where they were for that matter. It was starting to frustrate him a bit, especially due to the fact that he was severely worried about his two accomplices. The big one seemed to be antsy for action, it looked like he was searching for something, anything, for him to enact violence on. And the little woman, she looked like she was ready to flee in a random direction. Her foxlike qualities seemed to be more in depth then just appearance, as it seems all this danger made her want to flee, tail between her legs. Freaking greenhorns, why did he have to be stuck with a couple of greenhorns?

Fuiji began to feel as if something else was off, something truly simple that should be right in front of his eyes. He looked around, trying to figure it out. Then he realized, this suburb was entirely abandoned, not just quiet but abandoned. There wasn't a car to be seen, whether you look on the road or in driveways. You couldn't find a light in any home, any window, anywhere. He stopped in midstride, thinking over the situation at hand, why would this whole suburb be empty? It took the other two at least twenty or thirty feet of running to realize Fuiji had stopped, and for them to come back to him. "What is wrong, Sir?", asked the young woman. "Yeah, why aren't we running, is it time to fight?", the man said, a gleam in his eyes. Fuiji looked up to the sky, he saw a single bird, flying in a circle above them. "Fighting may happen, but I would like you to first think about what is wrong with where we are.", he sad with a frown and furrowed brows.

The two of them looked around, it only took a couple seconds for the young woman to catch on to the problem. But even given well over a minute, it appeared the man wasn't going to catch on. Fuiji put a hand to his brow, rubbing at his forehead in exasperation. He let out a sigh, "Might you explain to our less fortunate brother here what exactly is wrong?". The young woman looked surprised that Fuiji would let her do the explaining, she sputtered for a second, but then spoke. "It appears as if this entire neighborhood is deserted. No people, no cars, and seemingly no animals or basic plants. What kind of suburb doesn't even have trees? Where is everyone?". Fuiji nodded in assent, it seems at least one of his accomplices were competent. Hopefully if they got in a scrape the big one would be more useful. "It appears we were led here, each time we ran into a blockade, or a strong force of the police, they were simply corraling us to this spot. For surveillance, or an ambush remains to be seen. But either way things aren't look good for us. Be on your guard.".

Fuiji began walking silently, without his cane this time to prevent it's clacking against the pavement. The silence was broken for naught except the breathing of his companions. Or more specifically the big one, you'd think he'd have been in a fight already the way he was breathing . Something was nagging at the back of Fuiji's mind, a feeling he couldn't shake. But what could it be? He shook his head, he needed to concentrate on the here and now, and allow his instincts to be just that. He began picking up the pace a bit, casting a glance to the sky. The same bird that had followed them the entire way through this chase, and probably a good bit prior, was still high above. It was just circling, but it seemed to be circling lower and lower. Fuiji couldn't be sure, but he felt like the bird had to be him. But why would he be following them all the way out..... here. Fuiji's eyes widened. "Get low and run, run now!", he spoke quickly to his companions. But as he did a flood of light burst into life from the houses all around them.

Noah Bassito

Kromm Private School

Noah used heaved up his instrument to bash it into his pinned guard's head. The man's body fell to the floor limp. Hopefully it didn't break his skull. Noah only meant for it to be enough to knock him out. The bass player followed after Brogan and the others to the office where two officers stood. Jax, Kokoro and the other will probably make short work of them.

The officers feebly raised their stun rods, but they were no match. They were quickly taken down, and Brogan reholstered the Primadore before grasping the cold steel of the doorknob. Taking a deep breath, and hoping that the files they were looking for were, indeed, in the office, he turned the handle and opened the door.

The office was completely empty, the secretaries and deans apparently already having been warned of the Vesper infiltration. Papers lay scattered around the desks, and there were clear signs of a hasty retreat, but the file cabinets were orderly and untouched. Brogan pointed a finger towards the wall of them on the far side of the room.

"Start searching. We're looking for student files of kids who show aptitude scores 70% or above. Sift through what you can in fifteen minutes, and then we're out of here. Jax, Kokoro, guard the door and make sure no one tries sneaking up on us. All right, let's get to work!"

He clapped his hands and advanced towards the nearest file drawer, whipping it out and yanking out a huge handful of files. He plopped them onto a desk and began to examine the contents of each, quickly scanning the numbers and figures and sorting the folders into two piles: "keep" and "discard". As Brogan worked, his Vesper instincts and habits kicked in, and he idly whistled a spritely tune to help him focus on his work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back