• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Knights In The Night

Bombielonia

castle-5.jpg

It was early in the morning, the sun not long ago painted the sky with its morning light and it was time for breakfast.. Humming, Jamie started preparing the breakfast; starting by taking the lovely and delicious bread loaf out of the oven and putting it on the counter.

Turning about, he reached over for a knife and put began cutting the bread loaf in half. Putting the knife away, he took out one clay bowl and placed it by the tray before taking a jar of honey and a wooden spoon. He placed the the jar down on the counter and opened the cabinet above him to take wooden spoon to pour some lovely, golden honey into the small bowl after sinking the said spoon in the jar. A drip or two as he moved it to the bowl.

"Cheese, cheese..-" Closing the jar but not yet returning it to its rightful place, he pondered where he could find the cheese. He only has been here for one week, and so far he's been.. 'alright' with it, so to speak. He might've been yelled at for doing somethings wrong, but nothing major. Oh right, the cheese.

He took the knife he used to cut the bread with and brought it to the round cheese covered by a round wooden lid, which he lifted in order to cut a triangle out of the circular cheese. He put the cheese on the plate which was on the tray and then turned to the cauldron, to walk over to it and pour the stew he's been making into a bowl, but not before taking a taste himself. "Mmmmmmhh.. Ow, ow ow ow. Hot!" Okay, that was hot. But a delicious, steaming hot vegetable soup.

Looking over the tray, stew, bread, cheese and honey and of course, a cup of juice to the Princess's liking. "I hope.. I didn't forget anything." He thought out loud as he went to lift the tray up and began heading over to the princess's chamber.

This will be the first time he will be meeting her, well, he doesn't know what to expect.. Not all the servants within the keep have seen her, which was one of the many reasons that some rumours were whispered throughout the keep. 'She's dying.' 'She's contagious..' He's heard more within his first week, but rumours are rumours and he was too curious that the wanted to see for himself. Well, not that he had a choice otherwise, he was in shift to prepare the princess's breakfast himself. He had to take it up to her today.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Jamie knocked on the princess's door, holding the tray with his left hand and fixes his uniform with his other hand, running a hand through his hair before opening the door to enter, but not walk in. "Your highness?" He called out, his tone hesitant and nervous sounding.

'Act normal.. Stand.. up-right, you're just meeting the prince..- I am meeting the princess, oh god I am meeting the princess. I am so going to tell Mother about meeting the princess-..'

"Breakfast, I was told to bring it up to you." He said, not yet looking over at the princess as his eyes are locked down on the tray which he started holding with both hands now. Never has he been this nervous or paranoid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anna frowned at the morning light, someone had come into her room and opened the curtains. She was told she needed more sun, something that would help her feel better, but right now all she wanted to do was cover her head and hide from it. Frowning more deeply, Anna forced herself to sit up, rubbing her eyes. Breakfast would be up soon, and though she was told not to, Annabelle pulled herself from bed and walked across the room to her vanity. It took her a while but she wanted to brush her own hair, long and a odd shade of a blondish pink. No one was really sure where it came from, though it was suspected that it had to do with her condition. Whatever that was.

Finally, by the time her hair was done being combed, someone was up at her door with food. She jumped when the boy spoke, but didn't move to get back into bed. To scramble into bed would be a mistake for Anna. But not only that, Annabelle didn't recognize the voice coming from the other side of her heavy wooden door. That door was one of Anna's favorite things about the room, it had intricate designs done in metal that glittered when the sun hit it, as it was now. "Come in," Anna finally responded, crinkling her nose with curiosity.

Someone had mentioned that there would be new workers to help out, since well...her mother and father didn't care much to see her. To them she was a disappointment, something that slowed down the kingdom, hurt it. All they could see was the kingdom, but not their daughter, not the one they'd loved while shew as healthy. But that was something she'd become accustomed to, even if it made her heart hurt just thinking about it.

Jamie walked in the room and kept the tray held, he still didn't raise his gaze up to the princess. He was nervous, paranoid.. He didn't pay attention to the formalities he had to follow when they were told to the new servants the first day he arrived. A loud gulp was heard before he finally spoke, a stutter or two before he got a grip. "W-.. Where do I uh. Do I put the tray, your grace?" He looked up at her ever so briefly.

That's the princess? She wasn't described proper within the rumours in the keep. Hell, not even near what they described. She was.. normal. At least to him. Okay, maybe she was a little pale, a little tired looking.. But that didn't give anyone the excuse to make up horrid lies and spread them into little rumours. Everyone was born a way, judging them is.. well, not something Jamie would do. He accepts people for who they are, their personality.

Once he took a step in and pushed the door closed gently. Everything was decorated rather well, too much detail put into nearly everything. Expected; it was the royal keep afterall. The cabin he and his family lived in was nothing compared. Hell, this chamber itself might even be bigger than it.

Anna couldn't help but smile, it was someone new. Maybe, if she were lucky, the rumors wouldn't have gotten to him. Far too often did someone run screaming when she collapsed, or became very ill. They were worried the rumors were true, that they would catch whatever it was that she had. But, no one in the years of her life have done so. The only one who had been sick was her, not a single servant or other had caught something from being around her.

"Please, call me Anna or Annabelle," She almost begged, giving a warm smile to the boy when he stole a glance. "The tray can go at the foot of my bed," She said and when he walked by she reached out and stole the juice from it's place. "Apple, my favorite," Before drinking, Anna sniffed in it's heavenly aroma and relaxed slightly. "What is your name....I don't believe we've met." It was sort of a joke on her part. She never met anyone, not really.

Anna had no friends, no one who would come to her and comfort her when she cried at night. No one to call her own, to confide in, or laugh with. All she ever did was spend time alone, people afraid to touch or even look at her. "Could you..help me into bed...?" Anna asked hesitantly. She wondered what this new boy would do. How would he react to her asking him to be so close. Would he worry for his health, or would he help her out of fear? Anna watched him carefully now, waiting for some sort of inclining that the rumors hadn't gotten to him. That somewhere, even in his tiniest peek, he saw that she was just as normal as could be. Not someone to be feared.

'Please call me Anna? Annabelle? But.. I would get lashed if I was hea-..' "Yes, A-.. Annabelle. I shall call you so." He tried to sound formal.. As formal as he.. possibly could. But when she told him to call her by her name? No titles? He.. had to obey. When she asked him for his name he looked up at her and answered, finally finding the courage to look at her when he spoke. He feared making her uncomfortable with his gaze, hence why he kept it away. "My name is Jamie, your hig-.." He interrupted himself from saying 'Your highness.'

He walked over and placed the tray where he was instructed to before turning and bowing to her, as if he was to leave but then she asked for aid. He gulped and parted his lips. He had no idea on how to react proper, he didn't want to give her a bad first impression about himself. He didn't really know how to react. He was just told to help her up.. He wasn't scared of anything related to her sickness, he feared..- Well. "I.. am sorry but.. Wouldn't.. that sp.. At once." He didn't want her to feel that he was about to decline because of her being sick. "I will gladly help you, Annabelle."

As soon as he said that, he moved, hesitatingly reaching over to put his left hand on her back and with his right hand, he presents it for the princess to hold.

Anna kept her smile even though it drained her some to do so. She took his hand eventually, after it was clear she was making him uncomfortable. Once she was back into bed she frowned at her tray of food. She wondered if anyone had told him about her loss in appetite, normally she just waited for someone to bring her something to drink. Food wasn't something she did very often, and more than likely not in the morning. But, it was clear he was uncomfortable now, so she reached down and grabbed a piece of cheese. Anna nibbled on it like a mouse.

"Would you bring all my meals?" Anna asked from behind her cheese. Maybe this was her chance to have a friend. Someone who seemed close to her age, whom she could ask about the outside world. Never in her life had Anna left the castle grounds, though it was a dream of hers. Anna's parents wouldn't have dared let anyone see her this way. It was mostly to keep face, but Anna wondered if they worried about her being an easy target. It wouldn't fare well for the kingdom to have their princess so easily slain, but she also knew it would be helpful and less stress for her parents if she were gone.

Jamie couldn't help but smile after hearing her request; "I am gladly going to do such, Annadelle. "D-.. Do you wish some aid in something else? I have no further duties to attend to until noon." He was going to meet the queen more than he thought, after all. Never in his life he expected to meet someone from the royal family. Especially not the princess herself, the heir to the kingdom he and his family lived in.

He had his hands behind his back while he stood upright. He gradually built up the courage to feel at ease around the princess; not because she was sick was he afraid. It is because he never expected this moment. He didn't care about if he actually was going to get sickly because of her, he didn't care if 'she was going to eat him alive' or so the childish rumours spread. He put the rumours under his foot before he stepped inside the chamber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back