• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kingdoms of Illalar (PRP CLOSED)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

soundoftheatm

Lover of not you
In this large land, there are 5 kingdoms. Matthias Angelo Omond, the King of the largest, Caverenth. There are rumors that he had mystical powers, which became uncontrollable when he were angry. These rumors were true, and maids and butlers had witnessed these incidents multiple times. Whenever Matthias got angry or frustrated, his pyrokinesis would arrive, his hands glowing red, sparking something a light. So he weren't the best person to anger. It also did not help that he were short tempered and moody. But, his advisers suggest that he must get a wife, and they go out on a hunt to find the perfect princess. They soon find [insert character], a young princess from a neighboring Kingdom: Nazareth. Her Father was the king, and it was one of the smallest, but still very strong. Her Father accepts the proposal, and she's soon sent to Matthias' Kingdom. She was the complete opposite to him, kind and quiet, sweet and shy. Her people loved me, but his were afraid of him, knowing what he was capable of. Once they are married, she helps him with his anger issues, and controlling his magic, and they quickly fall for each other. But, another King hears of their happiness, angry at the fact his own daughter was not selected for Matthias' hand in marriage. He begins a war with [insert character's] Kingdom, before he attacks Caverenth.

Basic plot outline written by MaDezNutz MaDezNutz , edited by me.

A heavy sigh left Matthias' lips as he sat in the palace's dining room, it was early in the morning and already the young King had suffered from the royal treasurer requesting a meeting. Nathaniel was good at his job, perhaps even the best since he made it to working for Caverenth's current ruler but he was awfully annoying. The dark haired man waited, quite impatiently, for his breakfast and within minutes the royal chef had made quite a feast and presented it before him. Upon a brief inspection, Matthias realised that he had been given chicken, quails eggs with chives, salmon, prawns on toast, eggs served differently and a various selection of fruits. He was satisfied, he supposed, but this was far too much for one person to handle. "It may have been one of my best ideas to hold a brief meeting before breakfast. This is multitasking at its finest." he commented before grabbing hold of his fork from the trail of silverware set up before him. The way that the middle-aged man grew an awkward smile, you would have thought that he expected the King to offer him some of his food. 'All he does is count coins, I am the one who gets the economy running.' Matthias told himself before turning to the treasurer. "What is it now? What did you need so early in the morning? I have to get down to the barracks in about an hour so I advise you to not take too long, and do not stutter." He spoke in a low tone as he cut up his chicken and took a bite out of it. The chicken was succulent and flavoursome, you could make out the spices and even the lemon that the chef must have squeezed on before presenting the dish.

"Yes, your Majesty. I won't take up a lot of your time, I understand that you must have a very busy schedule," Nathaniel babbled, making the King suck his teeth as he put down his cutlery, "But yes. I did need to speak to you on an urgent matter. You see- the treasury has more than enough to cover the defence for Caverenth. Surely, we could build the walls surrounding the kingdom higher, stronger, get it equipped with more men and-"
"You will do no such thing," Matthias scoffed, amused at how the treasurer's face fell, "We have a strong army. Do you really think any kingdom would even think of attacking us? Our strength has always been offence, attacking the enemy." he reasoned. The treasurer dropped his gaze to the floor which was blanketed in marble, he seemed reluctant on addressing the leader and the hesitation was clear on not just his wrinkled countenance but also his actions, the way he clutched onto his finance book tightly. By then, the young King had resumed eating his meal and poking his pink-orange toned salmon. "
Yes, your Majesty. I understand, but this was requested by the General. Surely you could take this matter into consideration. If I may offer my advice, my King-" Matthias then felt his face heat up as Nathaniel continued to go against his decision. He dropped his silverware on the hand painted porcelain dish and it fell with a clang! as the King got up abruptly. He could not control himself any more, his hands began tingling and it felt as if his head was being boiled. "Do you dare go against my order?!" he bellowed, thrusting his hand up to point towards the treasurer. Then, the whole room fell silent and afraid as Nathaniel found his breathing quickening and then it grew more ragged until it was made clear that he was choking. The man struggled to breathe as he dropped his thick book, allowing loose pages to escape and meet the floor, he then fell to his knees clutching his throat, his eyes becoming glassy as he struggled to fight back tears. Matthias did not plan on stopping, in fact he brought all five fingers closer together so that possibly in less than a minute, his oesophagus would be crushed and his neck would snap. "My King! Stop." A new voice demanded, averting his gaze to one of the doorways between the royal kitchen and dining room. There, Cornelius stood, an expression filled with disgust that disappointed Matthias, if only his butler and long-term adviser had allowed him to go through with such torture, Matthias believed that spilling the blood of the ignorant and the disobedient was no different to torturing prisoners from previous wars. However, he knew that Cornelius was appointed as his adviser for a reason, his father, Caverenth's former ruler had mentioned it in his will. And so, the young man let go of Nathaniel, unwillingly of course. The middle-aged man fell to the floor and spluttered loudly, causing a grimace to form on Matthias' face as he ordered the present staff. "Oh, clean him up! And gather the best at finance to replace him, honestly, who recommended this ignoramus buffoon in the first place?!" he asked, mainly to himself.

Last edited:
It was an early morning in Nazareth when Maddi woke up from her slumber, the sun peeking through her velvet curtains. She sighs and pees her eyes open as the sun hits her face, making her stir. She sit's up slowly, stretching her arms out around her. Maddi glances around her room, everything still pristine and perfect, just like her maids wanted it to be. She sighs and climbs out of her large bed, the sheets a mess. She pads over to her large wardrobe, selecting a simple, light blue everyday gown. She slips out of her silk night gown, humming as she pulls on the dress. As if on cue her maid arrives, helping to style Maddi's hair. Once her morning ritual was complete, Maddi thanked her maid and left her bed chambers, rushing downstairs for breakfast with her family.

She walks into the grand Dining hall, maids and butlers rushing around, attending to everyone's needs and wants. Maddi smiles at her family, walking over and taking a seat next to Aspen. Her Father, Ronan, looks up from eating a slice of perfectly cooked bacon and smiles. He set's his fork and knife down, wiping his mouth with a napkin before speaking. "Good morning Maddi dear. How did you sleep?" He asks calmly, acting a little suspicious to Maddi, however. Maddi smiles and thanks a maid as they serve her a plate of bacon and eggs. "I slept well Father. How was your meeting with the advisers this morning?" She asks simply, glancing at her Mother and brother. Her Mother, Marlee gulps, poking at the leftover food on her plate. Ronan gulps and leans back in his seat, eyeing his daughter cautiously. "Well, it was fine. We talked about damage repairs. But they have something very big of you to ask, Maddi." Maddi looks up at her Father, focused on him. She'd never been spoken of in these meetings, so why now? She places her fork down and sighs. "What do they need?" She asks quietly, looking at her Father. He clears his throat and sighs, avoiding eye contact. "They have received a letter from the advisers from Caverenth, as the King is in need of a wife. They searched everywhere, and thy hoped that you would take the place as their King's wife." Ronan says calmly, expecting an outburst from his daughter. Maddi sat there in shock, unsure what to say. She gulps and thinks long and hard, knowing that she must do it, for her family and kingdom. Sh gulps and nods. "I'll do it..." She says, a small smile appearing on her lips. Her parents sigh in relief and grin, hugging each other.

32382409_251666548730765_8581559504557047808_n.jpg

Halynn had just returned from her morning walk in the Royal Gardens, admiring the crimson coloured roses that were embedded into the bottle green hedges, their stems wrapped in thorns. That reminded her so much of her cousin, Matthias. He did have a good heart but having what were supposed to be his closest family members just pass, he was torn apart. Halynn had suspicions that Matthias still had such thoughts about being responsible for both of his parents' deaths. Ever since he began learning more about his magic in his early teenage years, Matthias did mention something to the brunette making her grow concerned for him. He believed that because he was born with powers, that was what made the delivery so hard on Halynn's Aunt Olympia. And then once again being faced with a death of his other parent at the age of seventeen, he then accepted responsibility for the deaths of his uncle, Halynn's father and the late King. Why? Because he believed that he could have been useful, he regretted not accompanying his father and using his magic against the enemy. Suffering so much at a young age, he believed he was cursed unless he turned things around and made Caverenth grow in power. And so he did, but in doing so he grew more cold as well as powerful. Halynn had actually been one of the few who saw his soft side, his caring character. He was awfully protective of her, the only other Omond so far. The princess made her way back into the palace, nodding towards passing guards and staff as they lowered their heads out of respect. She was also feared in the palace, she had no idea why but she had a feeling it was something to do with the fact that the current king only seemed to listen to the palace butler and her. She had control over him, but she never used it for her own benefit. She was already content with what she had. Or maybe they all steered clear because Halynn alone was a dangerous woman. Her sense of humour was far from lady-like and she was questionably unpredictable, lately she had even gone to the trouble to learn self-defence.

Coming close to the dining table where she was supposed to meet Matthias for breakfast, she heard a full twenty seconds of racket before she ran to the vast room, hitching up her skirt as she quickened her pace. There she saw the Royal Treasurer sprawled on the floor with maids and guards tending to him. On the other side was Matthias massaging his temples as Cornelius poured some red wine into his goblet. "Wine, really Cornelius? My cousin needs something stronger to calm himself, clearly." she displayed a small smile. The King flicked his gaze to land on the brunette before looking away.
"It should state somewhere that you are to address me as Your Majesty." he mumbled, coldly before taking his place at the head of the table.
"On the contrary, dear cousin, we all know you don't really mind." she chortled before smirking, "Anyway, you really should brighten up. Your wife-to-be is to visit the palace soon." she spoke, watching as she left the jaws of the surrounding staff open, it was unbelievable how one was able to speak to the King like that and just get away with it. Upon Halynn's statement, Cornelius shook his head and sighed deeply as Matthias raised his brow, looking between the butler and the brunette. "Hysterical," he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes, "That really is side-splitting Halynn. But I have no interest in marriage at the moment. My desires were made clear in the past, I only look to make Caverenth great."
Then, Cornelius cleared his throat, fixing the cutlery which Matthias had apparently scattered across the table during his outburst. "
Actually, my King, Princess Halynn is correct. Princess Madi of Nazareth is to arrive with her family. Princess Halynn and I sent out a proposal where the King expressed that it was highly likely that his daughter would accept the proposal. I understand that we should have discussed this with you but-"
"But we believed it was for the best, Cousin. What better than a girl to soften a dead, hard heart?" Halynn wore an amused expression as she approached the King, who looked far from happy.

"Halynn, I told you that-" The King attempted to reason with her, he even spoke in a soft tone before the princess cut him off.
"Not today, Matthias," she rolled his eyes, shocking all of the remaining staff, "Today you will wear a smile, fake or not, and agree to marry this girl. We will have an alliance with Nazareth after all of this." she explained.
"Nazareth?" the King exclaimed, holding back his anger as he clenched his fist, "Of all kingdoms in Illalar, you choose Nazareth? The whole place is weak, the army is weak, the King is-"
"The King is actually adored by his people!" Halynn raised her voice to match Matthias'. He was surprised how tenacious she actually was. "What Matthias? Did you want me to do as you please and discard the whole idea? We need this. You need this. I did this for nobody else but you. You need to be saved from yourself, I can smell the toxic atmosphere you send off every time you walk into a room. If I want to see you happy and married, bearing children and granting me a niece or nephew, anything to make your apparently dead heart beat again, I'll do it. Because you're not the same cousin I played hide and seek with, you're very damaged and I know you will never admit how weak you really are. But look at you, you'll try anything before hurting me, you would never even think about raising your voice at me. Maybe it is because of the sibling-like love we possess, or the fact that I am a few years older but it's also because you are so attached to the only family you have left. And this - this personality of yours is affecting your reign. I am speaking not as your older cousin, or as the Princess of Caverenth, but as your trusted adviser, it is best that you are married." she spoke, holding a solemn expression as well as avoiding his eyes.

OOC: skip to the two kingdoms meeting at the Caverenth palace?

OOC: Sure!

A few days after receiving the marriage news, Maddi was in a horse-drawn carriage with her parents, on their way to meet her future husband. Maddi sat there in her dusty pink gown, the corset making it hard to breathe. Her Mother had insisted she wear a corset, since they wanted to impress the King. It was a large honor to Maddi's kingdom and family, since she was to marry the Land's largest and most respected ruler. Her knee bounced nervously as she watched the countryside roll by, the horses leading them nickering softly as they trotted along the dirt path. Maddi sigh's and looks over at her parents. They sat calmly, holding hands. Her parents had always been proud of her, Maddi just hoped that the King would approve of her.

She'd heard rumors of this King, that he was incredibly dangerous and short tempered. Maddi was surprised when she received news he was to get married. Her people heard stories of him, taking down entire armies with his power. A lot of people considered him a monster, but Maddi thought different. She suspected that he had a rough past, or the pressure of being King at such a young age was affecting his mood or behavior. Maddi sighs and shakes her head, watching as they reach the Entrance to Caverenth. Two heavily armored guards open the gates, bowing at their carriage. Maddi peeks out of the small window and smiles, noticing many children out on the street's playing and enjoying life. The tall homes appeared small, yet cozy, with the occasional shop or stall in between them. There were a few dogs running around. playing with a stick. She grins and sits back, a bit of her nerves wearing off.

They reach the palace after a fifteen minute ride through the large town, the palace gates opening wide. Maddi smiles as the carriage pulls to a stop outside of the palace's large doors. Halynn stood outside, waiting for Maddi and her family. Maddi sigh's and slips out of the carriage as gracefully as possible, smiling at Halynn. She smiles and greet's her, having a quick hug. Maddi's parent's follow suit, as Halynn leads them inside. They sit down in the Dining hall, a plate of pastry's was between them. They talked as the host and guests waited for The King to arrive after a meeting.

OOC: sorry, I just feel like I have to say that Halynn's a character I am about to post in the character section, so I wouldn't like her to do things or say things which I didn't mention. Don't take this the wrong way, please! I know that she played a really small role in your post above but I felt like I just had to say it in case it caused any conflicts in the future. I hope that's okay. You can too make some side characters that you believe are significant to the story. For now I'll post as Haylnn.

32178343_255487075194846_8780473725096034304_n.jpg
Halynn exited her chamber, looking breath-taking in her fine gown and her hair pinned up in a bun, she was going to go for something more embellished but Cornelius insisted that they shouldn't overwhelm Nazareth's Royal Family, especially Princess Madi. Of course, nothing had actually been finalised between the pair but Halynn and Cornelius believed things would go well. Despite the fact that she was met with the same lowered gazes by the staff, she smiled widely as she made her way to the King's chamber. She truly believed that if today went well, everything would change for both kingdoms, in a good way, of course. Swinging open the doors of the huge bedroom, the brunette declared loudly, "We don't have a lot of time left, Matthias. They are to arrive soon. Please tell me that-" she stopped in her tracks as her gaze fell on Matthias' attire. He was wearing a burgundy shrine aristocrat with a cream brocade dinner jacket, the details engraved in gold stitching. The crown sat on his head and the sapphires and his azure eyes seemed so similar, the solemn expression he always seemed to wear did suit him. Especially now, this was Caverenth's king. "Well? What do you think, Your Highness." Cornelius appeared by Matthias' side, it was clear who had chosen his outfit for the afternoon. "Cornelius. You made my cousin actually seem charming! Oh, he's all grown up!" she cooed, rushing towards them with a grin plastered on her lips.
"You only have a few years on me." Matthias reminded, grunting as Cornelius fixed the collars on his aristocrat and dinner jacket.

"Do you ever wish to marry, Princess Halynn?" Cornelius asked, wearing a small smile. She adored their butler, he had been there for the two royals since they were children and he did the most he could to take of them. On the topic and general idea of marriage, Halynn was not a fan. Specifically because she would rather love herself than a man, and being a princess, adopting feelings was such a dangerous game. Men and their families could use you to boost their status, wealth and there have been some cases where the delusional women had happily handed their properties to their other half. She could never fall for anyone, she would rather stay at the Caverenth Palace as she is, with Cornelius and Matthias and maybe even Princess Madi. "Oh please, imagine me forgetting the vows on the 'big' day. But anyway, Cornelius. Matthias and I have something to tell you." she announced, making the sixty year old man look up. Halynn then gestured towards the king who nodded.
"If I am to go through this. I'd like to have you by my side. You refer to yourself as the family butler because you share more strong relationship with the palace and us than a palace manager would do, but yet you take on such responsibility like a palace manager. But right now, I would like you to wear your finest, use my tailor if you must, and join us at the dining table. You are my adviser, the one to keep our family secrets, my father trusted you. And I shall too." he revealed, the ends of his lips lifting into a brief smile. 'Is that the best he could do?' Halynn rolled her eyes playfully at the thought of the king showing off a toothy grin. Matthias still meant every word though, you could see that from the calm tone he spoke in. Cornelius stood back in surprise but then his eyes glimmered and a huge grin grew on his face, he looked beyond joyful. "My King, it would be my honour to stand beside you - and you, of course, Princess Halynn." the butler bowed his head slightly. Halynn was never the formal type, never one to curtsy and bob her head like princesses were expected to, so she reached out to embrace Cornelius. She could sense his surprise as he took time before placing his hand on the back of her head. "You've taken care of us after the deaths of our family, you're like our father, and as far as anybody is concerned you are family." she mumbled, her voice became much more soft until she finally departed from the hug, "Now go and get dressed! The princess and her family are to arrive soon!" she smacked his back, making him stumble forward before rushing to his chambers. "And you," the brunette addressed her cousin, "Maybe you could try that smile on Princess Madi when she gets here?" she joked before quickly exiting the room. Everything would soon work out, maybe Matthias would grow more happy and the kingdom would love the new royal couple.

After another hour of preparation for the meal the two families would have later on, Halynn found herself beside several maids and guards at the entrance, she fixed her gown and waited for the carriage. As it did so, the guards opened up the doors to reveal the family. Halynn noticed how Princess Maddi actually looked far better than how she was described. She was not simply kind-faced with blonde hair, she seemed almost angelic, the innocence was radiating off her milky skin. Of course, Halynn greeted the rulers, curtsying and delivering a sweet smile before leading them all inside. Guards opened several doors for them as they entered the palace and then when they finally arrived in the dining room where the footmen and maids had already laid the table with pastries and small favours as they awaited the King to arrive. Seeing as the princess was not far away from Halynn, she cleared her throat before saying, "Don't worry, he'll like you - especially in that gown." Suddenly, the doors were pushed open by two footmen who bowed their heads in respect, Cornelius was the first person to emerge. The butler/adviser was wearing a bottle green dinner jacket with a tail, a cream lace aristocrat and a champagne coloured bow tie, he looked his best, for sure. Clearing his throat, Cornelius declared the presence and entrance of the kingdom's ruler. "His Royal Majesty, the King of Caverenth, Matthias Angelo Omond." The whole room stood out of respect as they awaited for Matthias to enter the dining room, the staff fixed their posture and stood straight, that was when the young man entered the silent room, heading for the seat which was at the head of the table. The seating arrangements were done so that Matthias would sit at the front, Cornelius and Halynn on either side as his family and advisers, on Cornelius' side there would be Nazereth's King and Queen and then on Halynn's side there would be the Princess. The brunette gave a reassuring smile to her cousin as his gaze landed on her, his attention flicking to the blonde for a brief moment before he nodded his head, signalling that all should be seated. Cornelius then came by the King's side, pulled his grand-looking seat for him and then took his position on the right side of the table. "Now that you're here, Cousin." Halynn looked down at the flaky pastry presented before her, "Is there anything you'd like to say, Matthias?" she asked. Cornelius then coughed while the King himself rolled his eyes, that was slightly embarrassing. He had not been addressed as 'Your Majesty' by her in front of another King.

"His Majesty would like to express his thanks for accepting our- I mean, his proposal." Cornelius attempted to save the situation but almost letting slip that it was actually him and Halynn who sent out the proposal. The family of three were not used to this, acting more 'royal', except Matthias that is.
"I can speak for myself, Cornelius, and Halynn." he spoke softly, surprisingly, "How are you, King Ronan? It has been a while since we last met, and of course, your wife, the Queen does not seem to have aged a day." he smiled. Halynn reached for her goblet to take a brief sip as she and Cornelius exchanged glances, maybe the King didn't need babying after all.

Last edited:
OOC: Shit I'm so sorry! I'll remember not to do that in the future! Also, sorry for the late reply!

As Halynn and the guest family talked, Maddi glanced around occasionally, smiling at the servants. She played with her skirt nervously, her palms getting clammy. She gulps and takes a croissant slowly, buttering it, also placing a dollop of raspberry jam inside of it. She slowly ate, finishing as the King walked inside. She stood with thee others, putting a small and graceful smile on her lips. Once the King is seated, they all sit down. Maddi keeps the small smile on her face, but in her mind she was panicking. What if he refuses the marriage? What if he does not want me? As Maddi thought this, she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. She opens her eyes once more and looks at her Mother. Her Mother smiles at her, nodding her head. Maddi smiles and takes another treat, slowly eating it.

Ronan glances at his daughter, before looking over at the King. My Mother blushes at the comment and grins. My Father grins and nods. "She has not aged one bit I agree with you. Everything is fine, our Kingdom is flourishing, crops are growing, and our people are happy. What more could we want?" He says, buttering a bread roll slowly. "Now. We must com to an agreement with this proposal. I'm assuming that you are happy to marry my daughter, Maddi?" He asks, his hand motioning towards me. Maddi looks up and smiles, her cheeks flushing pink. "I'm perfectly fine with this marriage ahead. I will do it for my people and our Kingdoms." She says, as if reading a script.

f7417ee955eab08e29b6a59cd31c9595.gif
Upon being met with the question of whether he was content with the marriage, Matthias reluctantly smiled, wondering how he could reply. He believed he was not yet ready for marriage but of course, Halynn thought different. He immediately turned to her brown eyes which accompanied with a reassuring smile, urged him to go ahead with the proposal. As he opened his mouth, prepared to speak, Maddi declared her reasons for marrying. Matthias had failed to inspect her as he first entered. He had seen her before, a few glimpses as he and King Ronan had met up and had a few feasts at Nazereth - but in no way did he ever think he would be marrying her. She seemed quiet, but only to an extent. The palace needed more of that as Haylnn often yelled all throughout the palace walls and got too excited, like for the Nazereth's royal family's arrival. She was of course was attractive, but he wondered if she would be interested in handling him as a husband, the last thing he needed was to be a burden on another person. "Oh? And what would you rather do for yourself, Princess?" he thought aloud, addressing whether she was actually interested in the marriage proposal herself or whether she was only here because of representing her kingdom. As his question was asked, the whole room fell into an awkward silence. 'Halynn and Cornelius had to have chosen her for a reason. There are many who would have fit the role as my wife.' the King wondered.

"Um. Well, I suppose we should let the King and Princess Madi talk privately. Perhaps in the Royal Gardens," Halynn suggested, recommending her favourite place in the whole palace, "Allow them to get to know eachother before King Matthias reaches a decision. I just hope you do not mind that Cornelius and I filed the proposal to you. King Matthias was informed afterwards, mind you. I just believe that behind every man, every King, is a woman. Your daughter, we have heard exceptional things about, her acts of kindness and general character. She was the one that we searched for - for Cousin here. We believed that if he could change for the better and grow out of his stubborn ways, it would be because of her influence and-"
"That's enough, Halynn." Matthias interrupted, rising from his seat as his gaze fell on the blonde. "If you would follow me, Princess." he asked, rather politely, heading for the doorway again as he planned on showing her the rose gardens after all, like Halynn mentioned.

Last edited:
Maddi feels a slither of guilt go through her as she realizes what she said came out wrong. She gulps and looks down at her lap, ashamed as Matthias spoke. "I-I apologize.." She whispers finally, glancing at her parents. She remains listening as Matthias explains what happened with the proposal and gulps, biting her lip nervously at the mention of being alone with the King.

But, despite this, when King Matthias said to follow him out, she stood from her chair and did so, nodding at her parents before walking out of the doors. Once the door closed behind them Maddi spins around. "I am so sorry! I am doing this for myself, Your Highness, I swear! I apologize, I was so nervous..." She continues rambling on, trying to explain herself. This often happened a lot when she felt nervous, she would ramble until someone told her that it was okay. As she spoke she ran her fingers through her hair, glancing at the King, trying to see if this would have a positive or negative outcome.

Matthias had one arm behind his back and another fixing the collar of his aristocrat. He could hear the light footsteps of the princess behind him, he practically had to restrain himself from sending a cluster of mauve-toned attack orbs her way. He really did not want a wife, not right now. 'I'm doing this for you, Halynn.' he thought to himself as he figured that the princess had no interest in wanting him as a husband too. Once Madi began to speak, he faced her way with a mutual expression, the one he wore when he commented about her reasons to marry him. "I see. Well, I guess Princess Halynn and Cornelius forgot to mention one detail, although it is quite important." he began, resuming his stroll through the palace hallways before entering the rose gardens. It was a prepossessing place, mazes of hedges and crimson coloured roses and thorns and a marble water fountain right at the centre of the plot of land. The fountain itself was shaped and sculpted to to be of a a huge circular shape, then there would be a smaller platform on top holding statues of past rulers. Matthias was the newest edition, his statue was placed next to his father's statue, who was gripping his sword defiantly, clearly a representation of him in battle. Matthias' stone self was clutching his crown with one hand as his cloak was shaped with such detail to look like it was flying in the wind. That was Halynn's suggestion. "You look like those legendary myths, those that hold mystical powers. Nobody even needs to know why your pose will be shaped like that, it'll stay within the palace." Oh, she could talk him into anything if she was annoying enough. She meant well, she was just very loud about every move he made and every matter where he was concerned. However, this was too soon. Marriage. He was simply not ready for it. So he had to disinterest or scare Madi off somehow.

"Listen, Princess Madi. It is not that I blame you, to be fair. Just like how you only agreed to this because of your Kingdom's future, I agreed to this for Halynn and Cornelius. That all important detail that they seemed to miss was that I don't want to get married. I'm a King, a ruler. Look-" he gestured to the fountain as they reached the front of it. Water spouting out from holes made into specific parts of each past ruler, his father's had a spout on his sword and Matthias had one from the tip of the index finger on his free hand, a suggestion made by Cornelius - that it added onto the questionable pose but to those who knew too well, it made him seem more like those magical beings that you hear of in stories - except he was no fictional character. "You do understand why I was sculpted to stand like this - beside my father and forefathers? Those gripping their weapons courageously while I wear nothing but my animal skin and crown. You must have heard something, surely." he asked, looking over his shoulder. Suddenly, thrusting his arm up abruptly, he felt a small headache come on as he raised droplets of water from the running fountain along with a raised position of his hand. "It's just- I admire your selflessness but how much are you willing to deal with for Nazareth? I'm not the best man to marry, I don't socialise a lot. I don't want to make friends and I will not hesitate to kill a man who speaks ill of the Omond name or myself as a king. This should prove all that, it's a little alien isn't it?" he spoke quite calmly but did raise his voice at the end as the water came crashing down onto the statues and spilling out the fountain as his arm fell to his side, "Are you scared, Maddi?"

As the young Royals walked around the gardens, Maddi listened intently to the King, her heart still racing. As they approach the stone fountain, Maddi admires each King, before her eyes landed on Matthias' stone figure. Her eyes squint slightly as she notice the odd position of the water spout, but she shakes her head, ignoring the rumors whispered in her mind. She looks back over at Matthias as he continues speaking, and she gulps at the nudge towards the secrets spoken of the young King.

"I-I have heard a few things your Majesty..None of which I didn't plan on believing until I knew the truth." She says, her hands fiddling together nervously.

She let's a small gasp escape as she see's the water droplets, watching the water move gracefully, as his hand moved slowly. She listens to him quietly, staring at the water. Her mind was filled with curiosity and wonder. Maddi wanted to know how he possessed such gifted powers, and why he chose to hide them. As the water comes crashing down, she jumps slightly from surprise, but she was not afraid. Maddi was told that if you were afraid of your partner, that t is best you move on. She shakes her head and steps closer, looking into his eyes.

"I am not scared of you, Matthias." She says quietly, smiling gently/

Matthias was somewhat surprised as Maddi, being exposed to Matthias' magical powers, seemed daze for only a mere moment before insisting she was here to stay, much to the King's dismay. 'This was supposed to make her run away in the other direction,' he thought to himself. He had pulled his showstopper and the Princess was still here. He had always pushed any interested women away, if his cold and callous personality did not scare them off then he would show them the worst side of him and how he became when he used his powers. The blonde intrigued him, this was the first woman he had met, other than Halynn, who was confident in their choice to stay with him. The young man's expression softened as he was met with a kind smile, but it wasn't enough. He trudged past his guest a few steps before a deep sigh escaped his lips, "You say that but I assure you, I have done far more horrific things than control the fountain water. And- I'm still unsure about all of this. Don't take this the wrong way, Princess-" he requested as he swivelled his chiselled body around, coming face to face with the young woman, "- it's not that I don't want to marry you, so far, you've ticked every box: young, beautiful and 'not scared' or you're just a good actor," he let slip a small smile before continuing, "But all of this, this marriage proposal and this visit to Caverenth- I had no idea about. It came as a surprise, I never even mentioned anything about marriage but of course, Halynn and Cornelius do as they please around here. What I am trying to say is, I never had the time to adjust to the idea of marriage despite any other proposals given to me and I'm thinking that although you accepted, it would be a difficult adjustment for you as well. So, if it fine with your parents, I would like to request another visit- just you. We may go around and explore the things that my kingdom has to offer, that is, if you'll agree." Matthias was not very good with words but he hoped that Maddi would understand how he was willing to test the idea of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back