Kickstarter Martial Arts POLL

Which Martial Arts Style you want to see in core book?

• Dreaming pearl Courtesan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arms of Unconquered Sun

• Celestial Monkey

• Centipede

• Cobra

• Crystal Chamaleon

• Eye of Heaven

• Mantis

• White Reaper(BEING ADDED BY ANOTHER PLEDGER, VOTE NOT NEEDED)

• Other

• Total voters
I'm sure whichever one doesn't make it will turn up someplace, it'd just be nice to have in the core.

I'm very excited about what we've got so far though.

[QUOTE="Christian Higuti]While I think Crystal Chamaleon rulez, I would preffer a mystic and social style like DPC in the core if both would not be achievable.

[/QUOTE]
Aye, but Black Claw's already got that covered.

(Actually, having reviewed, Black Claw's arguably quite a bit more social-fu-y than DPC, the latter having only two Charms that interact with the social system at all.)

Yeah, we got black claw, but DPC covers a entirely different approach and it's also unrelated to demons.

Even if it doesn't became the choosen one, I already hiped as we will get many extras in the kickstarter, specially music suites.

Okay poll is closed I will be waiting for last numbers from admin than will choose one from top three. I will post top three before I make my decision and if everything goes well I would be choose my second style before this week ends.

Greenstalker said:
Okay poll is closed I will be waiting for last numbers from admin than will choose one from top three. I will post top three before I make my decision and if everything goes well I would be choose my second style before this week ends.
Will have them to you by tomorrow ;) !

Greenstalker - thanks again for including us in your decision making.

I think we are all looking forward to learning what you choose.

<looks at watch>

Eagerly awaiting final three.

Greenstalker, thank you for letting the community into your decision-making on your pledge reward.

Alright guys,

I have contacted and gotten a response from everyone who was caught multiaccounting, and they were allowed to merge their accounts and keep one vote. I have removed all the fakes, etc.

I thought the numbers significantly changed, until I got to the phase of taking posts into account, due to white reaper being picked by another member, all the votes that changed, kinda evened it out to the original numbersish.

In Order:

Dreaming Pearl Courtesan: 81

Celestial Monkey: 72

Crystal Chameleon: 68

Mantis: 68

Arms of the Unconquered Sun: 56

Eye of Heaven: 31

Centipede: 27

Cobra: 27

Other: 8

Well....There are 4 instead of a top 3. Interesting.

Enjoy!

With DPC and Mantis up there I have a 50/50 shot of a result I'd like. In retrospect, Eye of Heaven is cooler than Arms of the Unconquered Sun, but meh. Maybe those two and Celestial Monkey can show up in another release all together?

For all that I've been going on about Crystal Chameleon, I'd actually be perfectly happy with Mantis. One of my most enduring Dragon-Blooded characters was a Mantis master.

*clenches jaw and waits for impact*

Greenstalker, no matter the end result, you're awesome for doing this for us...

But you'll be substantially more awesome if you go with CC. ;)

Seriously. It's quantifiable.

*Drum rolls and such*

So I made my decision but before I announce it I will give my reasons for not choosing other 3 styles and keep teasing you for a while :P

Just to make it clear each style had a chance to be chosen I made my choice based on poll, how I feel about style, what other styles were presented in book etc etc

First why I didn't choose Mantis Style: I really don't feel like its impact. Don't get me wrong it is a nice style but I wonder if it is required to be in corebook and when I consider other styles that were going to be in book I eliminated mantis from my choice.

Second why I didn't chose Celestial Monkey style: It was too much unorthodox martial art style for my taste. I think it would be better fit into a special book for martial arts rather than be in corebook.

For these two styles I also had one more reason why I didn't chose them and that was because the set of 5 animals (crane, tiger, snake, monkey and mantis) will be incomplete anyway and I find it to leave just one of these style out is not fair. Now if someone chose mantis or monkey and other one still made into top three I would chose that animal style just to keep set complete.

Weimann said:
I voted for Celestial Monkey, but seeing as that's gone now, I'm hoping for Dreaming Pearl Courtesan.
Celestial Monkey was the only one I was really interested in. I guess I'll have to remake my Zenith with Heaven's Ladder Style and wait for Celestial Monkey to come out hopefully very soon and take it later.

Ok here we go. The moment everyone and more was waiting for...............but first commercials :P (or reason why I didn't chose other style)

Why I didn't chose crystal chamaleon: Simple reason I don't want a second ninja style (though if got more votes I would consider selecting it) more complex reason is I like orthodox 'you don't even know I am here' type of ninja and being a disco ball is like telling everyone that you are at there.

And here is the winner: Dreaming Pearl Courtesan style: Why I chose this style: It being on top certainly had some impact if it come second place I may still chose it but considering other 3 styles it would be a really close call. Secondly I want a style with whip in corebook :P yes this is a little bit selfish part but other than votes it was what made me chose this style (mostly for votes though so poll was a deciding factor)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back