Kickstarter Martial Arts POLL

Which Martial Arts Style you want to see in core book?

• Dreaming pearl Courtesan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arms of Unconquered Sun

• Celestial Monkey

• Centipede

• Cobra

• Crystal Chamaleon

• Eye of Heaven

• Mantis

• White Reaper(BEING ADDED BY ANOTHER PLEDGER, VOTE NOT NEEDED)

• Other

• Total voters
DPCS is Even better on a Moonshadows and Midnights what with the whole "Lethal socializing" charms they can get... They kill you by Ordering you not to attack them, then insulting you till you do and get punished for not obeying, what could be funnier?! Did that once... The guy I did it on is still ticked about it... and I'm living with em! xD

Arms of the Unconquered Sun Style

I made an account for the express purpose of supporting Arms of the Unconquered Sun. It brings two key things to the core-book set of martial arts: an unarmed style and an esoteric style. I'd love to see a new iteration of AotUS's form switching. The style is both mechanically and thematically interesting.

In the core book, AotUS could be used to help make clear the Martial Arts/Brawl/Martial Arts paradigm by being an unarmed and esoteric style. Also, by being in the core book, the style could be used as a hint/nod toward SMA (which will, presumably, wait in the ether for the Sidereal book to drop).

Also, being able to cast as many three votes, but not three votes for the same style, makes me :( My enthusiasm for Arms of the Unconquered Sun Style cannot be contained in just one vote! Also also, seeing a few of the posts about how people voted as compared to their preferences, I would suggest googling strategic voting ;) Lastly, shout out to Greenstalker for being a class act with this!

The support for Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style is... beyond my ken; I just don't see the appeal.

[QUOTE="Ash Walter]Equitable, your black text is nigh unreadable. :(

[/QUOTE]
Edited the post as soon as I saw it ;) It was my first on the forum, and I didn't realize that the test defaults to grey (as well it should) when I changed "Arms of the Unconquered Sun Style" to red (to convey my burning passion for the style).

I'll be on it in the future :)

I've seen some folks on the White Wolf forums saying that this is basically the only chance at a 3E Centipede Style that we're likely to get. It was only published in White Wolf Quarterly, so most players have never had access to it, and even the Exalted authors haven't necessarily seen it or considered converting it.

By the way, have the mods had any luck deleting the cheaty votes?

Crystal Chameleon and Eye of Heaven are my two picks. Because Dragon Kings are pretty sweet and Eye of Heaven is a delicious style, and Crystal Chameleon is the only one that manages to both make me giggle with its name (or more accurately, its nickname - "Disco Ninja", hee hee!) and it's a very Malfean Stealth concept which just makes me giggle more. I'd very much like to be able to pick it up in 3e sooner rather than later.

I'm a bit surprised at how widely spread the choices are. There's definitely demand for more MA despite us getting 11 in the core!

The KS comment section is ginormous, butI recall seeing that the other dudes had already chosen which styles they'll be asking for, I thought DPC was one of them... Am I wrong?

Gonzo said:
The KS comment section is ginormous, butI recall seeing that the other dudes had already chosen which styles they'll be asking for, I thought DPC was one of them... Am I wrong?
DPC wasn't chosen yet people just said it has a high chance to be chosen since it was one of Brian's favorites (other being white reaper) and it was very popular in comments section so they think it will probably made in top or second place in poll.

Oh I see!

Thanks.

So I know Ebon Shadow and Black Claw are like fixed choices by now, any other known choices so far?

Gonzo said:
Oh I see!
Thanks.

So I know Ebon Shadow and Black Claw are like fixed choices by now, any other known choices so far?
Confirmed styles are in first post of this poll as well.

Tiger, snake, righteous devil were already decided by devs

A new sword style and a ladder style was also confirmed by devs to be in book

Brian chose black claw still not sure if he decided for his second but it will be either white reaper or DPC (unless he changes is mind)

Nick chose crane and nightingale

I chose ebon shadow and will decide other one depending on result of this poll.

I though crane would be sidereal related! Great to have it back so soon in the line.

I would've like to see the five animal styles in the same book...

[QUOTE="Tribute of a Dark Heart]Sorry, havn't actually chosen yet, other than Black Claw. Just as a heads up, Dreaming Pearl will not be the other one I choose. :)

[/QUOTE]
than it means it is pretty much White Reaper or is there a second runner at the moment in your mind? :P

Why do Mantis and Monkey have a little star thingy at the left of their names?

Silly me, now I know.

[QUOTE="Tribute of a Dark Heart]Sorry, havn't actually chosen yet, other than Black Claw. Just as a heads up, Dreaming Pearl will not be the other one I choose. :)

[/QUOTE]
If it helps, Black Claw and White Reaper have this cool opposition theme-naming thing going. It's coincidental, but still.

EllenS said:
I've seen some folks on the White Wolf forums saying that this is basically the only chance at a 3E Centipede Style that we're likely to get. It was only published in White Wolf Quarterly, so most players have never had access to it, and even the Exalted authors haven't necessarily seen it or considered converting it.
By the way, have the mods had any luck deleting the cheaty votes?
I know who is all that is cheating but I won't be able to remove the votes/merge the accounts until the next version comes out in a month or two for our forum software.

All the people who tried to cheat have responded back and taken up my offer of only keeping one account.

I guess no one expected us to figure that out within minutes of doing it.

Mostlyjoe said:
Have you calculated the actual counts though?
I did before I went to sleep, but there are so many more now, so I have to do another round of double checking and making sure that there are no more fakes, there about 20ish spread out.

Mostlyjoe said:
Yuck. I wish you luck. I'd close the poll before to much longer then.
Its fine :P .

Its not that much of a hassle. Because I was prepared from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back