Kickstarter Martial Arts POLL

Which Martial Arts Style you want to see in core book?

• Dreaming pearl Courtesan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arms of Unconquered Sun

• Celestial Monkey

• Centipede

• Cobra

• Crystal Chamaleon

• Eye of Heaven

• Mantis

• White Reaper(BEING ADDED BY ANOTHER PLEDGER, VOTE NOT NEEDED)

• Other

• Total voters
Chaka said:
Might I once again draw attention to White Reaper's unique attraction as a 'fighting hordes of mooks' martial art? Something no other martial art is specifically geared to do?
Also: scythes.
A martial art style that uses a scythe and is geared toward mowing down large groups of enemies. I definitely need to second my support for this, not just because the style is awesome on its own, but because we have a Strawmaiden Janest being amazing with a scythe facing down a horde of fair folk.

That excerpt has already drawn at least one new player to Exalted that I personally know of, and being able to point to her and then to White Reaper would be doubly convenient.

[QUOTE="Arion Wind]A martial art style that uses a scythe and is geared toward mowing down large groups of enemies. I definitely need to second my support for this, not just because the style is awesome on its own, but because we have a Strawmaiden Janest being amazing with a scythe facing down a horde of fair folk.
That excerpt has already drawn at least one new player to Exalted that I personally know of, and being able to point to her and then to White Reaper would be doubly convenient.

[/QUOTE]
This synergy has crossed my mind also.

Janest might not need White Reaper, but she could certainly be an iconic practitioner of it.

White Reaper is pretty freaking sweet, yeah. The only reason I'm not backing it here is that I'm pretty sure it will get its day in the Lunars book. Although that's a long time to wait.

i go off the internet for a few hours to play mass effect and CMS falls behind. im sorry my beloved, I let you down.

I'm hesitant about White Reaper. The style depends on being able to mow down average mooks, but I get the feeling that mowing down average mooks won't be as easy as it used to be with the transition into 3rd Edition, which may dilute the awesomeness of the style.

[QUOTE="Tribute of a Dark Heart]I'm hesitant about White Reaper. The style depends on being able to mow down average mooks, but I get the feeling that mowing down average mooks won't be as easy as it used to be with the transition into 3rd Edition, which may dilute the awesomeness of the style.

[/QUOTE]
If this were going to be a sloppily direct port, like 1E Sidereal Charms to 2E Sidereal charms, maybe. But the current team is a lot more savvy than those who came before, and if a system in 3E invalidates a core assumption of a 2E charm getting revisited, it seems reasonable that they'll redesign the charm to work with the new system while keeping as much of its flavor in tact as possible.

[QUOTE="Tribute of a Dark Heart]I'm hesitant about White Reaper. The style depends on being able to mow down average mooks, but I get the feeling that mowing down average mooks won't be as easy as it used to be with the transition into 3rd Edition, which may dilute the awesomeness of the style.

[/QUOTE]
Do what I do Brian. "If you are in doubt flip a coin"

Mhmm................................Almost done with our new dice system, so people can do all the gaming!

[/QUOTE]
That's an interesting point. Maybe instead of cutting down individuals rapidly it would play with battle-groups differently from a normal fight? I vaguely recall reading a few months ago that most members of a battle group will be "defeated" when they break ranks and run rather then when they get killed -- zombies will be hard to take down because they don't break and run like people.

I can easily see White Reaper keeping the ideal of "trashes mooks better than anything" by just killing any members of a group that would otherwise run (and possibly sending even more running).

But I will freely admit that, regardless of practical concerns, I would give it my support because scythes don't get enough love. Them and spears get my support forever.

On a COMPLETELY different note...I just watched a video posted by someone on the official forums..went pretty far to convincing me that White Reaper is the way to go :)

[media]

[/media]

[QUOTE="Tribute of a Dark Heart]On a COMPLETELY different note...I just watched a video posted by someone on the official forums..went pretty far to convincing me that White Reaper is the way to go :)
[media]

[/media][/QUOTE]
Well that is very hard to argue against.

[QUOTE="Tribute of a Dark Heart]On a COMPLETELY different note...I just watched a video posted by someone on the official forums..went pretty far to convincing me that White Reaper is the way to go :)
[media]

[/media][/QUOTE]
ok seriously now people HAVE to vote white reaper like wow

I agree. White Reaper is better for Lunars and as cool as that video was (as it was awesome) I'm still going with DPCS.

Chaka said:
ok seriously now people HAVE to vote white reaper like wow
if i could figure out how to vote more than once, which we seem to be able to do, i would also vote for reaper, as im assuming i cant just vote for monkey over and over again.

Norraba said:
if i could figure out how to vote more than once, which we seem to be able to do, i would also vote for reaper, as im assuming i cant just vote for monkey over and over again.
Just state what you want in your post, we will count it once it is all done.

[QUOTE="The Hanged man]Unfortunately, the developers have stated that Terrestrial Martial Art styles aren't eligible. While there will be no Terrestrial or Celestial styles in 3E, just Martial Arts Styles (that work better for Celestials and properly initiated Dragonblooded), the current Terrestrial Styles will require a lot more work to upgrade into 3E Styles, mainly because they tend to be about 2/3rds as long as current Celestial Styles.

[/QUOTE]
Then we shall have to FIX it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back