• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Kicking

xpstitch

Loser
So, recently I saw a little button on my conversations page. It said kick. It explained it I suppose. What it was supposed to do. Well ONE of my questions is WHY? What is the benefit to kicking somebody from your conversation? What exactly does it do? Why would somebody feel the need to do that? What would it accomplish?

So, recently I saw a little button on my conversations page. It said kick. It explained it I suppose. What it was supposed to do. Well ONE of my questions is WHY? What is the benefit to kicking somebody from your conversation? What exactly does it do? Why would somebody feel the need to do that? What would it accomplish?
Well, if someone is being mean to you in any way or you feel at all as if you simply shouldn't be talking to them, the kick button is a good means to distance yourself from them. Pms, sincce they're private, are sadly a useful means for users to be malicious without attracting the attention of other people using the site, including we Staff who could punish them.

Hope dat answers yo question :3

Does that do anything different from say, simply hitting the ignore button on them?
Well, kicking simply bars them from that particular conversation. Say that someone is being particularly bothersome in some way in just a conversation and you don't necessarily want to keep yourself from seeing their other messages. Then you'd press the kick button, and most users would get the hint and back off at that point. If they don't, reporting them is the next logical step.

Last edited:
Oh. New question that didn't occur to me earlier. Do you need to be the original creator of the conversation? Or can you kick a person out of a conversation they started?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back