• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kast: The last Quest Guild

Arianna beamed at Elijah, though she flinched as he squeezed her hand. She wasn't exactly used to anyone being so close to her, but it wasn't exactly bad. "Sure." she said lightly, nodding.

Kas stood in the doorframe, unassuming and out of the way, it wasn't surprising that the mage had noticed him despite the minor Redirection he was maintaining. He wasn't trying to hide after all, just to remain unobtrusive, and any magician worth their salt, and a lot of people with no more than an untrained natural aptitude, would have been able to sense him. He grinned at Elijah's comment. He certainly hoped it would be.

Elijah put his hand on Arianna's head, his eyes glowing purple. Elijah spoke a few unknown words and suddenly filled her head with knowledge on the arcane arts. She wouldn't struggle with figuring out how to cast the spells, but she would still have to train since she wasn't any good at it. Elijah removed his hand after a moment and raised an eyebrow, "How do you feel?" He asked Arianna.

Arianna scrunched her nose, a slight headache forming behind her eyes. "Fine, if not for the headache that seemed to cause." she replied, blinking a few times. "That's quite a lot to take in. There's so much about the arcane arts. It's amazing really." she said, smiling.

"That is only scratching the surface. You can balance yourself out better but it isn't natural like it is with me. Your new skills are something secondary, so don't overdo it." Elijah nodded. "Now, try to make an arcane orb in your hand. But do not set it off." He chuckled, not wanting her to accidentally blow a hole in the building.

"Doors are ever so boring though." Kean said following Syndra into the guildhall, waving to the few people still around happily. And when Syndra sat down at a table he glanced at another chair at the table and asked, "Do you mind if I sit with you?" Tail swaying behind him slowly, though still in a happy motion. He'd rather not bump it into half a dozen things in the hall.

Syndra glanced up at Kean, and gave a short nod in response to his question. She nudged the chair out from under the table with her foot, crossing her arms over her chest. She was intrigued by this man's appearence, but wasn't one to press questions. She smiled lightly, and watched her surroundings. She took note of the angel who was learning from the mage, silently curious how the two kinds of magic would coalesce.

Arianna nodded, "Okay." She said, and looked at her hand. She emptied her mind of her light tendencies, and quickly adjusted. She couldn't completely disregard the light, or the dark within her that caused her fall would overtake. She huffed against the inner struggle of her two sides. She finally found her balance, and began to concentrate of creating an arcane orb as she had been instructed. Don't set it off. I mustn't set it off. she thought to herself as she struggled to maintain balance.

Dethbycoffee said:
Syndra glanced up at Kean, and gave a short nod in response to his question. She nudged the chair out from under the table with her foot, crossing her arms over her chest. She was intrigued by this man's appearence, but wasn't one to press questions. She smiled lightly, and watched her surroundings. She took note of the angel who was learning from the mage, silently curious how the two kinds of magic would coalesce.
Arianna nodded, "Okay." She said, and looked at her hand. She emptied her mind of her light tendencies, and quickly adjusted. She couldn't completely disregard the light, or the dark within her that caused her fall would overtake. She huffed against the inner struggle of her two sides. She finally found her balance, and began to concentrate of creating an arcane orb as she had been instructed. Don't set it off. I mustn't set it off. she thought to herself as she struggled to maintain balance.
Elijah leaned in, "The darkness will not consume you. You have been raised your whole life believing that if you do not embrace the light then you will be consumed by darkness. That is not true, that is how arcanists obtain their power. They understand that there is a realm outside of light and dark. You need to understand that and feel it. There is logic and reason and numbers and facts and the mind. Link yourself to that mindset..." He encouraged Arianna the best her could.

Kas watched the Kani who had tried to teleport into his taproom. He liked him more than he liked the mage. The mage was fun to tease, fun to bait. He called himself reactionary, and Kas found causing him to react a very amusing passtime, but the Kani was just as interesting and funny, with less effort. Besides, he had sensed something kindred about the Kani since he had realized where the ward had redirected him. The mage's only sparks of similitude had been when Kas had first sensed that he was playing deep, and then again, when he had commented that he expected to find the coming scene amusing. Not that he needed everyone to be like him, in fact, he was rather certain he would find that very boring in a very short time. But it was nice to find a kindred spirit sometimes.

The floor of the taproom trembles slightly and then stills. Suddenly a vague tense expectancy hangs in the air, but the tremble does not recur, and the air of anticipation fades. "Nothing." Mutters a dwarf at the bar disgustedly, and he orders another drink.

((Kani, if anyone is wondering, is the common term for dog-like anthros in this universe.))

((Bahaha. I just looked... I had to double check.... I'm playing the only 2 females out of this whole group. Boy that opens doors of possibilities for comedic relief and dramatic tension... ))

Arianna blinked her eyes open, the small orb of power dissipating in her hand. Her shoulders slumped slightly. "I understand there is both light and dark in the world. It's how I lost the white of my wings." She said, staring at her empty hands. "My curiosity of everything, not just light and purity." She smiled softly, curling her fingers to her palms. "But I fear it. I fear the dark. The figurative, not literal." She laughed, shaking her head. "Maybe we should continue this later." She said, pulling her hands from the table into her lap.

((Cosmoknot has been officially booted from the roster. To be replaced ASAP by the first decent position matched character to apply.))

Elijah nodded, "I understand. But you lost your white wings because you got too close to the dark. There is a balance to it all and you tilted more on the bad side. Learning the basic arcane arts might help you redeem yourself." He smiled at her. "I also understand your fear of the dark. But you need to stop treating it more than what it is. You overestimate it and underestimate yourself. Look at the foolish rogue who recruited us. He understands it greatly." Elijah pointed out. "Let me try something.... It might help you relax." He held out his hand as it began to glow a soft blue. Elijah waved his hand over her head and began to balance out her energy. It simply made her feel neutral and relax, it didn't have any positive or negative qualities. "Better?" He asked.

Arianna blinked at Elijah as a calmness came over her. She nodded slowly, "Yeah. A bit." She responded, a soft smile on her lips. "Thanks." She added, folding her hands in lap. "Though, I'm not sure I can be redeemed. I did something an angel should never do." She said softly, her eyes closing as if to shut out the memory. She shook herself, and smiled again.

Xiki took a deep breath, though he couldn't smell the food's scents very well through the mask around his mouth and nose. He glanced around at everyone else in the room, and sighed.

'I'm getting quite bored.' He thought, crossing his arms. If he came here for no reason, he might as well be on his way. He could keep wandering, keep exploring, without risking getting found out. He huffed at the indecincy of ignoring him, even though, in a different situation, he would have taken being passed by a good thing.

But, that was not the case this time. He had been asked to come here, and now, he was being ignored? He sneered behind his mask, and his tail flicked a bit as he leaned against the wall agrily.

'I don't think anyone here is on their way to talk to me.' He thought, offended.

He had debated ordering some food, but he wasn't going to call himself out, for if whoever had summoned him here didn't want to interact with him, or send anyone else to interact with him, he would just leave to go traveling on his own again for a while.

Looking around still, he made note of anyone who caught his eye.

He saw an obvious mace seemingly trying to teach some sort of winged being a kind of magic. He recognized them from outside, when he had first arrived at the hall. His gaze narrowed on them for a while, before he went back to scanning the room.

Next, he spotted a girl and the odd man who had been shouting from the rooftop. He also gave those two a kind of angry looking glance, before moving on to spot one last interesting figure.

"Hm." He snorted to himself. 'I'm hungry. . .'

"Thank you." Kean said to Syndra sitting down in the chair, with his tail hanging over one side of it. And scratched quickly behind an ear as he too surveyed the room. Eyes passing over the mage and angel from outside, and over a few other people before the ground suddenly rumbles a moment before the room goes still again. And besides a fleeting tenseness in the air and a muttered word from a dwarf sitting at the bar the room was back to it's relatively calm and quiet air. Kean found his eyes not on the crowd anymore, but rather on the floor near his feet as he looked at it curiously.

((Guardian Angel would like me to inform you that they're having some complications with their computer. It's not connecting to RPN and it is unknown how long it will take to fix. Also, I'm going to visit some family and will not be back until April 5. See you all then! :) ))

Kas switched his attention to the sullen figure that had slunk in after the Kani from the rooftop. Nothing about the person's face made Kas think sullen, for he was wearing a mask, but his posture, and his air, screamed it. Kas laughed silently, and made a swift, incomprehensible motion to the wench who was still busing tables. The tavern wench approached the sullen one, asking if he would like refreshment, when she has received his response, she moves around the taproom, assuring herself that everyone else is satisfied with their meal.

Dethbycoffee said:
Arianna blinked at Elijah as a calmness came over her. She nodded slowly, "Yeah. A bit." She responded, a soft smile on her lips. "Thanks." She added, folding her hands in lap. "Though, I'm not sure I can be redeemed. I did something an angel should never do." She said softly, her eyes closing as if to shut out the memory. She shook herself, and smiled again.
"What is it you did?" Elijah asked. He was opening and reading his book, looking through its contents. "Did it involve a boy?" He raised an eyebrow, grinning slightly, giving a slight chuckle. Elijah stopped once he got to a page and read it, glancing at Arianna occasionally as if he was reading something about her.

Arianna peered at Elijah curiously for a moment. She sighed, and looked at her hands again. "In a way, yes. I was given guardian status over a lost soul. Then, somehow... I killed him." She stated simply, shrugging. She looked back up at Elijah, "What I did was unforgivable, and I accepted my punishment without argument." She smiled softly, though there was a longing in her eyes when she glanced at her black wings.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What you did WAS forgivable. There have been people who have done so much worse than you and have been forgiven. I've seen it myself, as well as read about it." Elijah continued reading through the book. He smiled and pointed to one spot, "Here it is!" He spoke rather triumphantly. Elijah looked at Arianna, "Would you allow me to try something?" He asked politely. "It involves your wings and angel status." Elijah spoke rather confidently.

Arianna eyed him warily, curious. "What is it you are wanting to try?" she asked, slightly nervous. Her wings tightened to her back instinctively, her shoulders tense. She glanced at the book in his hands, her brow furrowed in thought. She didn't like the idea of someone doing anything to her wings, but at the same time, this man hadn't given her reason to think he'd do anything horrible to them either. And what had he meant by it involving angel status? Her mind was frothing with ideas, many of them bad, and just as many good. "W-what do you want with my wings?" she asked, poised to stand and run if she had to.

"I can turn you into a human for a couple minutes, but then you'll go right back." Elijah's hands began glowing purple, as well as his eyes. The arcane color seeming to compliment his features quite well at this point. "It isn't dangerous or anything, and like I said it would only be for a couple minutes. Three at most." He offered. Elijah raised an eyebrow before chuckling, "You running wouldn't change much of anything. Now calm down, you look silly." He smiled.

Arianna fidgeted, and settled back into her seat. "Only for a few minutes. I don't want to lose my wings..." She said softly, watching him with a mixture of curiosity and fear. Her wings were the most precious thing to her, and the idea of not having them scared her. To not be able to fly would be devastating. She huffed slightly at being called silly, but steeled herself. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all.

Elijah stood up and walked behind her. He placed his hands over the sides of her head near her temples. Elijah mumbled some words and Arianna was consumed in a purple shroud, unable to be seen by anyone for a moment before the shroud moved away. Elijah moved back, his eyes and hands not glowing anymore. The only difference about Arianna was that she didn't have wings anymore. Elijah had turn her into a complete human. "Well, you still look great." He smiled, walking back to his seat and sitting down. "So, how do you feel?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back