• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kast: The last Quest Guild

Ariana listened intently, frowning for a milisecond when the orb disappeared. Her eyes flicked to Elijah's face, she momentarily thought how nice his smile made him look. He seemed to really enjoy the idea of teaching, and learning something new was always a fun adventure. She nodded, "Sure. I'd love to learn more of thus magic." She said with a smile. She glanced at the barmaid, feeling a little confused. "You bring stuff to us? Can we not get it ourselves?" She asked, blinking at the woman. She looked around, it seemed there were more than just this one who delivered things to other patrons. She blushed in embarassment, "I'm sorry. I haven't been around much company. There is much I don't know about all this." She said with a meek smile. She paused to look around again, something or someone was watching her. It was a rather uneasy feeling and it disturbed her slightly. She was used to stares because of her wings, but this felt different. Way different.

Elijah covered his lips, smirking. "The rogue is eavesdropping." He chuckled. "I'll have some mead and some spiced and seasoned fish if you can cook it up." He continued covering his lips, wanting to let the rogue know that he was onto his game. Elijah was just being playful now, which was rather uncommon for him.

Ariana looked back at Elijah, confused. "Rouge?" she asked curiously, and glanced around the room again. She sighed, and finally turned her attention back to the barmaid, "I'll have a go at what he's eating." she said lightly, nodding toward Elijah. Then she turned her attention back to the mage, "So, you were saying. The energy in life. That's easy enough for me. I see it in everything." she said with a smile, "Glyphs." she thought about the word for a moment. "Is that what I stepped on that you transported yourself from outside to beside me?" she asked curiously. She had known there was magic when she stepped, but it hadn't seemed threatening, so she hadn't bothered to avoid it. She was naturally curious about it anyway.

"There is a different kind of energy that angels overlook. And yes that is what you stepped on." Elijah removed his hand from over his mouth. "Lets take this outside. I don't think the owner of the hall would appreciate an arcanist and angel causing destruction with a bunch of arcane arrows." He chuckled, standing. Elijah made glyphs appear on the table so the food and drinks would appear beside them outside. He held out his hand to lead Ariana, waiting for her to take it.

Ariana nodded, and stood, taking Elijah's hand carefully. She, honestly, couldn't tell herself when she had ever touched anything other than her weapons, or creatures of scale or fur. She blinked curiously at the feeling of his skin against hers. Which caused her cheeks to flush, and she withdrew her hand. "Sorry." She muttered softly, folding her hands bahind her.

Elijah simply cracked a small smile, he took her hand and led her outside. Ignoring her red cheeks, he pushed through the crowd until they were outside the hall. Only then did he let go of her hand. "Now, lets start with the basics. First, you need to relax and let your body simply feel everything around you." Elijah began, standing beside her.

Ariana nodded, and let herself relax. Her wings unfurled slightly as the muscles that held them to her back slackened. She took several steadying breaths, and looked to Elijah. "Okay. Relaxed. Got ya." She said with a smile. It was nice being outside the hall, and Ariana felt best outside anyway. She wasn't confined with a roof over her head. She let her senses wander, waiting for the next instructions.

~~Syndra~~

Syndra sat calmly at the table, watching the surrounding commotion. She caught sight of the mage talking with what seemed like a winged human. She shrugged it off, and had another round of wine before standing and going outside. She slipped around the Guildhall to a less crowded area where she found herself a place to sit. She pulled the flute from her pocket and began to play softly.

Some minutes after Elijah and Ariana leave, The platter of food blinks into existence on the ground next to them, with a tiny slip of white paper with a slight tingle of magic about it sticking out from under each of the plates on the tray.

The noise in the guildhall was beginning to diminish, as dancers and musicians finished their reel, and split up, patrons departed, in a slow trickle, to their prospective lodgings for the night and eventually the crowd thinned drastically. Only the most hardened drinkers remained steadfastly in their places. Having been deprived of the entertainment of the conversation between the adorably innocent angel and the stoic mage, the rogue contented himself with watching the people as they leave, amusing himself with the noticing of inconsistencies, idiosyncrasies and other amusing quirks of character and appearance. Humans were so very interesting . . . He wondered briefly what the mage and ranger were doing outside. He knew why they had left, or rather, he could have hazarded a tolerably accurate guess, but it didn't bother him. He never let anything bother him, and if They had hoped that his current situation would bother him, They were very wrong. He was enjoying himself immensely. And seeing their consternation when he turned the problem to his own advantage, and took back what rightfully belonged to him . . . Well, that would be oh so much fun. But where oh where was the rest of his team? He had calculated that they would all arrive on the same night. But that didn't seem to likely now. Oh well, no real harm, a day or so delay wouldn't upset his ultimate goal, and plans were over-rated, not that he had much faith in luck, he had invented luck, he knew her for a fickle creature. But everything tended to be more amusing when one plunged into it without a plan. Long term goals were one thing, but long term plans were just boring and full of little details he had not the least interest in evaluating. That's why he had found a Tactician after all. He would go outside in a minute, he decided. The trickster wanted to meet the angel.

"Next, you need to look at your palm and focus on gathering up as much energy as you can into it. Do not focus on good or bad, yin or yang, evil or righteous. Just the purest of energy. It will hurt your head a little, but you will form a small bit of arcane energy into your palm. Try to hold as much as you can into your palm for as long as you can until you run out of energy. It's like working out a muscle, you work out then recover and repeat. Soon you will be able to do with just by feeling the energy." Elijah spoke, looking at his palm and causing arcane energy to form around it.

~~Ariana~~

The angel nodded, holding her hand out and staring at her palm. She cleared her mind, and focused as best she could. Her demeanor changed slightly, becoming more serious than she was previously. Her brow furrowed, and she no longer was smiling. Something sparked in her hand which made her jump, and completely lose focus.

~~Syndra~~

The elf sighed softly, and yawned. She tucked the flute away, and stared at the sky. She wondered curiously when their adventure would begin. She wasn't much for staying still to long.

Elijah chuckled, "That was good for a first try. Keep at it and you might get it down soon." He held out his hand and made three small arcane orbs appear and circle around his hand. The purple glowing balls grew slightly then fired off, leaving a tail of arcane energy as they hit a tree. Each one gave off a tiny arcane blast as they damaged the tree.

((PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm declaring the rp officially ON HOLD until I have the rest of my team members. I really don't do much on this site outside this rp and convos, so I don't really see any reason to advertise in my sig. or something like that, but if either of you knows any good rpers that might be interested, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell them about Kast. The sooner we fill the team, the sooner we can get going. You guys can still reply here and continue with your magic lesson, but since nothing earth-shatteringly important is going to happen, chances are I won't be posting much.))

Last edited by a moderator:
Cutting through the dark blue of the sky was a sudden, and strange figure and a sound thump. As Kean Lander wizard and inventor fell a few feet out of the air landing on the side roof of the guild hall. Though he'd didn't seem to know it as that just yet. Standing back up and brushing himself off he looked around, frowning at the large chimneys that sat atop the building he was on. "Darn, teleportation scroll. This is not the guild hall, I very clearly wanted to be dropped in the guild hall. That's the last time I ever listen to the advice of some fresh blood who doesn't know a magic toadstool from an enchanted one" He complained to himself.

Then noticing something down on the ground level he looked over the edge of the building. There were two people down on the ground, they seemed to be practicing magic. Raising his voice Kean called down to the man and his winged companion. "Excuse me, but could you two point me in the direction of the guild hall belonging to one master Kas?" He called down. Ears perked up and forward as he listening for a response.

Pulling his coat closer around him, Xiki wondered if this was actually a good idea. There were many people around. Even if it was so far away from his homeland, someone might know about him. He could have sworn he'd seen some lizard men, and surely, they'd know, right?

Though, he had nothing else to do with his spare time, and someone had sent him an invitation. Which would be difficult, and proved they wanted him enough to risk some stuff. On the other hand. . .this could all be a trap. He rested one hand on his sword, as he looked at the paper, then up at the buildings again. Well, he was already here. He'd have to take the risk.

Besides, he was no coward, and didn't back down. Plus, he liked fighting.

He continued on, following directions and searching for the guildhall.

And he soon arrived outside a rather crappy looking building, with a guy shouting from the rooftop, to two people, a man, and a winged girl, about how he wasn't sure where the guildhall was. This made Xiki look down at the small paper he carried.

Yup. He thought. It says the hall should be right here.

He looked back up at the guy who looked eager for a response from the two. He weighed his two options for a while, glancing from the two people to the odd man on the roof.

With a shrug, he kept walking, being very careful where he stepped. A few spots gave him bad feelings, so he went around them, just in case, then he entered the building, leaving his mask, and coat both on even inside.

His eyes widened, shimmering, when he noticed something. Food. He'd been traveling for quite a while to get here with quite little food. He stood against a wall, away from the few people who were in there, most looked drunk. And he was glad he came late. Less people to deal with.

Kas felt a disturbance as someone or something touched the wards. Teleportation spell, he assessed with some amusement, what idiot, he wondered, would try to teleport into a quest-guildhall taproom? Whoever it was had been diverted to a nearby location as was the protocol for such cases. He wouldn't have too much trouble finding them. Oh, he hoped it was someone from his team. He had been getting bored of watching the last few people in the hall as they sat and steadily, or unsteadily, as the cases sometimes became, drank themselves into drunken stupors. He approached the exit in time for his sharp ears to pick up a voice asking where his guildhall was. He nearly laughed aloud when he realized why the voice had sounded odd. The questioner was on the guildhall roof. Opening the door with impossible silence, he saw the angel and the mage sitting near the entrance, and assessed that the amusing idiot on the roof must have been talking to them. Still interested in Elijah's previous behavior, he wondered if the mage would treat the roof-dweller to the same deep game of guess-who he had pulled earlier in the guildhall: And so, instead of answering the man himself, he stood, silently and unnoticed on the dark threshold, awaiting events.

Elijah turned and took note of everyone who was outside now. He looked up at the man on the roof and simply blinked. Elijah pointed to the building that the man was on, not really speaking. Elijah nudged his companion, "I think it would be best if we went back inside to meet the newcomers." He pointed to the two new arrivals. He walked back into the guildhall calmly, ignoring Kas completely and gently moving the man to the side so he could enter. "This should be fun." Was all he said to the rogue.

Ariana blinked, staring at the newcomer. She was curious as to how he had gotten up there, clearly sensing a magic about the man. She smiled at Elijah, "Yes. Of course." She said lightly, following after the mage. She glanced around the hall, catching someone who hadn't been there before against a wall. She shrugged and moved over to the chair that Elijah had magically altered to help accommodate her wings and sat. She was only minorly disappointed their lesson had been cut short.

Syndra had dozed against the outer wall of the Guildhall when someone yelling woke her. She stood from where she had sat, stretching. New arrivals? She thought curiously. She shrugged, and moved back around the building and peered up at the man on the roof. "The hall is sheilded. Should you have known that?" She asked bluntly curious.

Elijah sat down in his seat and looked at Ariana, "I will teach you how to absorb arcane energy. It will help you greatly since you can form arcane energy into any other form of magic or energy." He smiled at her. Elijah put his hand on the table, his palm facing up. His eyes glowed their magical color like before as similar purple energy began to twist and twirl itself into a white ball of magic that was in Elijah's palm. "Trying creating an orb of light in your hand but focus only on the power and magic in it. Ignore any form of good or bad you might naturally feel in your powers." He looked at Ariana. Elijah stopped, his eyes going back to normal. "Go on." He smiled at her more.

Kean looked down at the building he was currently standing on. And made an 'oh' with his mouth, and gave a slight shrug of the shoulders he thought to himself that well it wasn't in the guildhall but at least it wasn't very far away. He was just about to see about making his way to the ground when he heard a voice saying something about the guildhall being shielded. "That's it!" He said holding up a finger as he swung a leg carefully over the railing around the portion of flat roof he was on. "The guildhall should be shielded. I knew there was something I forgot. And he said it was my pendent." Kean chuckled before patting at his waist where his pendent should be handing and frowned momentarily. Tail swishing he regained his happier expression and hauled the other leg over the rail, and half slid half climbed his way off the roof and down the side of the building.

On the ground he wiped dirt from his hands and headed to the girl who mentioned the hall being shielded. "Good evening!" He greeted her enthusiastically and with a bright smile. "My name is Kean Lander."

Syndra blinked at him, unused to such an enthusiastic demeanor. "Syndra." she said simply, and smiled. She brushed her hair from her face, and nodded toward the door. "Proper way to enter, use the door." she played lightly, and headed into the guildhall. She easily found a new seat now that many of the patrons had dispersed.

Ariana cracked an eye open as she felt power begin to pool in her hand. Of course the first instinct, being a fallen angel, was still her light magic. She recalled what Elijah had said, and attempted to ignore the pull to light that always tugged at her when she used her magic. No light, and no Dark. Balance? She thought as she watched the ball begin to form in her hand. She concentrated hard, but as the ball grew to about the size of her fist, it sputtered and disappeared. She sighed, and wiped sweat from her brow. "This is harder than you make it look." she said with a grin.

Elijah smiled, "That was pretty good." He reached over and gave Ariana's hand a squeeze. He looked around then at Ariana "I can give you some arcane knowledge. It will allow you to do better and know how to use arcane magic already, but it won't give you the power. You'll basically just know how to go about casting an arcane spell. Are you up for it?" Elijah asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back