• T H E B A S I C S

Name: Kain Booker

Nickname: None

Height: 6'7''

Weight: 261lbs

Date of Birth: 15th March

Place of Birth: England

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Appearance: Kain is a tall man of average build. Toned biceps and obvious collar bones gives him a look as if he regularly works out, but if you were to intercept one of his punches you'd know it's so much more than that. Flowing all the way down to his waist, his hair hangs freely at any given moment, yet still somehow manages to look as if he brushed it only moments earlier (Mostly because he actually has). His eyes are a very clear blueish gray, and his skin is completely white, barely even showing veins underneath it. No blemishes, scars nor freckles break the completely pale pattern, and he refuses to get tattoos.

He usually dons white or black apparel, being somewhat keen on keeping his style strictly matching with his body. Black boots, black jeans, a white t-shirt and long black trench coat makes him one of the most monochrome characters in Tokyo, and that's before taking his unnaturally white body into account. He's got 2 simple silver stud earrings in his left ear for personal reasons, and that's the only thing he allows himself to wear aside from regular clothing.

What truly makes his character however, must be the air of arrogance he carries with him everywhere. The slight bend at the end of his mouth, the sharp eyes looking down at you, the straight posture. Despite his age, he attracts glances from women and men alike no matter where he goes. He's just so incredibly...
    notable.

"They didn't do anything."

? ? ?

Last edited by a moderator:

[QUOTE="Prizzy Kriyze]

[/QUOTE]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thank you for the request of Feedback. I'll go as I always do, top to bottom then next page.

Critique Start...

I'm enjoy the Kain Booker name. The image does a fine job of giving an idea of his appearance. Format is pretty straight forward and easy to navigate.

The Basics: Can't complain. It all looks fairly straight forward like the character knows who

they are without much of a hassle. I see the date of birth is 15th of March without a year, this isn't a problem however. Be it preference or such.

"As if he brushed it only moments earlier (Mostly because he actually has)."

I found myself giggling a tad here in a pleasant fashion. It's always good to have characters do things just because they want and enjoy doing so. Refusing to get tattoos. Whether it's established why he does these things or not, they're pretty solid traits.

"He usually dons white or black apparel"

He is notable indeed. There is so much support for the things he does and justifications for why he had some of these habits. Sure, there are questions about the earrings but it's okay to have a secret or two. The 'Appearance' bit does a great job of also supplying information about the character themselves.

Who Am I?

"Can I conceal myself forevermore? Pretend I'm not the man I was before!" - Les Miserables

"Devoid of any emotions and fierce as a hurricane, it's what made him so infamous in the first place." There is still so much to like about this character. They're interesting and they know it. It's fun having characters who seem to be aware of themselves while also being a bit of an ambivert. Liking the attention but just for the moment. Just like his personality so plainly states; "He would rather die than let his own demons cause other suffering"

This is critical cause it does establish another trait that a reader can relate to or at least understand.

In the history bit, "he always told him that he shouldn't hate them as much as he did."

This jerked at my heartstrings a bit. I'm loving the open ended approach. Not too much revealed and not too much hidden.

Magnificent use of exposition on that bed scene. So much time is spent in this place, i was beginning to wonder what the Grandfather did to pass the time but we know journals are an excellent use to describe a passage of time.

" Only the darkest figures in the clan talked to him. Only they saw value in him."

Another key factor to play into the way this character grows. I like it when it really takes just a sentence to give a reader the 'Ahh.' moment.

"That is, until he met Izumi."

It's always that one girl.

"got a pair of piercings in his left hear to match Izumi's piercings."

Enchanting.

"But they were happy. They were always happy."

With the amount of carefully placed lies for the sake of helping this girl, this adds plenty of possibilities of what he would come to end up being. Caring for someone enough that you're willing to hide who you really are is a strong tool, effective.

"The two most important people in his life were erased within seconds."

The things they never knew. My heart is just crushed right now.

"Maybe he's back. Maybe he's out for vengeance."

'Maybe' is also a powerful tool.

It's great to see a character who realizes their position as well as others, making their decisions to do things becoming that much more of a risk. That sort of saying like

"You'd be restarting a vicious circle by killing me"

Likes/Dislikes are completely in-line with what has been stated previously.

Faction: None: Always a good motivator. I can appreciate characters that are very film noir esq. as it is something very difficult to pull off. Hes no villain but hes no hero. All the stuff that happens simply happens and he lives on. Respectable.

Scent: Blood Soup = Hawt.

_____

Final Critique

9.4/10

Reading this I've gotten chills twice. The motivations and justifications are there. The moment to moment events are there. His person is vividly described and well-thought out. As whole it's pretty well made, sure with concept that's familiar but not bad in any regard because it fits so well into what he does and how he comes to react with others. He knows who he is and we do as well. If I said to condense it, a lot would be lost. If I said it has room to be more risk taking, I don't know what that'd entail. Frankly, this is a pretty solid character.

- Civetta

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back