• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional Just Another Art Thread...

Wishfully

*~ perfect teatime! ~*
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there! I'm Wishfully, and I do some art sometimes. For me, art is a wonderful hobby and a creative way to relieve stress! I've loved art since I was a child. As far as formal experience, I did take a basic art class in my freshman year of high school and then a year of intensive, more advanced art class in my junior year in which I focused on landscape painting. I pretty much only work in traditional mediums right now, and you'll notice that most of better work is in acrylic paint. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience in drawing people, but I'm working on it. When I made this thread many years ago, I was working as a print graphic designer. I currently work as a part-time painting instructor, and maybe someday I'll try my hand at digital art.

Feel free to respond in this thread with feedback or questions, if you have any. Or if you want to share your work with me or provide me a link to your work so I can check it out, I'd love to see it too! On the off chance you're interested in a traditional painting commission, send me a pm. I thought I would post lots of artwork in this thread, but it's more likely I'll just make a new thread if I ever feel like it someday.

Anyways, thanks so much for checking out my work!

Attachments

• Angel Feet2.jpg
    Angel Feet2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Autumn Sunrise2.jpg
    Autumn Sunrise2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Bones Still Life2.jpg
    Bones Still Life2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Chinese Boxes and Pouches2.jpg
    Chinese Boxes and Pouches2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Desert Dunes2.jpg
    Desert Dunes2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 99
  • First Blooms2.jpg
    First Blooms2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Waterfall Over Rocks2.jpg
    Waterfall Over Rocks2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 99
  • Florence2.jpg
    Florence2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
So my titles are really boring... I should come up with new names >.>'

Attachments

• True Love Never Dies_resize.jpg
    True Love Never Dies_resize.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1609 - Version 3.jpg
    IMG_1609 - Version 3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1997.JPG
    IMG_1997.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0036resize.jpg
    IMG_0036resize.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 114
  • I See the Light_resize.jpg
    I See the Light_resize.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Portrait of a Young Woman_resize.jpg
    Portrait of a Young Woman_resize.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Aleu said:
I really like your landscapes (o'v'o)
Oh my goodness, thank you so much! Wow, I kind of forgot about this thread and I feel like I should definitely revamp it in the near future. I'm not sure why I didn't see your post before, but thank you again- I really appreciate the feedback :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Your art is really good! I like your portrait of young woman and a lot of your landscapes are very pleasing =]. I really like the way your water turned out in the river and tall grass. I see though that this was a post from some time ago, just curious, have you tried your hand in digital art? And if so, was just wondering what you thought of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
StainedSilver said:
Your art is really good! I like your portrait of a woman and a lot of your landscapes are very pleasing =]. I really like the way your water turned out in the water and tall grass. I see though that this was a post from some time ago, just curious, have you tried your hand in digital art? And if so, was just wondering what you thought of it?
Thanks so much, I appreciate it! Yes this post is quite old, and I honestly haven't done a lot of art since the last things I uploaded. No, I haven't really done much digital artwork yet, but I recently got a drawing/graphics tablet so I plan to start working on it in the near future. Traditional and digital media seem similar in my mind, since they both require a lot of practice and a solid understanding of how to use the tools/media- at least that's how I see it at the moment. But I think they're both beautiful, and I'm excited to try something new :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back