• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Just a lil' bit.

Clockwork Star

The Tears of Prometheus
Decided to post a bit here and get used to the forum before really dipping my toes into the site's namesake.

Sleep

Sleep always finds me

No matter how long I'm lost.

One day I'll stay found.

On Happiness

Happiness is an

interesting way to see

who you think you are.

The Nature of Serenity

A Storm's eye is calm

Because it knows true chaos

We are all weathered

An Old Memory

The sun splintered off like a spider-web

A sweet sunset for two sets of prints left

Behind them a divine sent wonder

Their hands intertwined, this pair of lovers

Their heads to turn each other as the sea sprays

A gentle mist from waves accenting the sun rays

Bright smiles and sea drowned laughs

No thoughts to the future, or the past

As a single silhouette, their image does greet

A pair of sparrow mates who candidly tweet

And slowly they separate, arms connected

Shadows dancing on newly erected

Castles whose kings had long gone

Preparing for bed, awaiting kisses from mom

Just as sweetly the waves greet the shore

A playful peck and nothing more

An eternity of love eroding, as most things might

The couple may fight, but it doesn't cross their mind

No, not this time. Just each other, the sea and the sun

Salty air made sweet as they make use of their tongues

Not explicitly, just affectionate simplicity

A memory so wonderful is oft worth revisiting

My Home

I've been living in a secluded home

It's at the top of a hill where none dare roam.

The grass is well kept, the windows all washed.

The paint is slightly chipped, from wind's unmitigated slosh.

The yard is empty, save for one tree;

on which, hangs an unused tire swing.

The door is made of steel, lined with many locks.

The foyer is dim, littered with broken clocks.

Unfinished paintings of various landscapes,

await their final touch, leaning against dusty walls; the wood scraped

in angry patterns graffiti'd without pause.

Cob webs collect in most of the rooms.

The sink stacked, waiting a scrub sometime soon.

The dining table set, as if expecting company.

Small spiders dance underneath the chairs, a crawly cacophony.

There is no television set, just piles of unfinished books.

Literature hiding, broken sighing in their nooks.

Upstairs one light remains on, inside the room I stand.

Here, but far gone. The walls are covered in words most won't understand.

Written by me, though I hold naught but memories in my hand.

The other rooms are empty, the basement cold and bleak.

I retire there most often, when I finally grow too weak.

In the attic rests my addictions, ambitions and my pride.

Perhaps one day I'll take a peek inside.

Perhaps one day, too, I might finally have a guest.

Until then I'll sit inside my room, thoughts oozing from my chest.

Flowers

I've been pickin' flowers for a friend's funeral

It's sorta a foreign feeling, but morbidly beautiful

Still, it's no use to know the noose that holds

the flowers close and truly hopes to please the soul

That passed away by killing beauty just to lay it so

upon the grave of one that can't be saved

So they might die like what's inside. I wonder often

is the coffin to protect death from life?

All irony aside, thoughts like these breeze through my mind at the worst of times

Like a laugh escapes at a wake

And people judge like the loved one lost wouldn't want.

With late lilies laid out, and plucked poppies too. My love I will always remember you

I thought to myself as I stared at the silk, arms folded just a flower made to wilt.

I return to the earth to find solace in the silent and the still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any feedback is appreciated.

chicken wire cuts

sovereign freedom held in solemn credence

plague dogs on all pause 'cuz what feeds them

ain't hands, but metal claws; flesh fleeting

labored breathing as best those bolts know how,

so proud of union paid strangulated sounds,

on the grounds of soured prowess loudest laughs drown,

the phoenix birth of diluted self worth,

the grey skies try to wring out ash, futile-y,

brutally the gas mask man made tracks foolishly,

root bookish truths cuz winners make the rules,

fruitfully destruction breeds a caution unknown,

global togetherness brought home in a paper bag,

contents thrown in the road when the throne is betrothed,

and the former king of peace is disrobed,

this alien probed sense of dystrophy cold like,

desensitized nurses hands in a mental ward,

nail the bored to a wall and scrawl arrows claiming fault

assault in the insulted wounds like miscarried wombs,

glass people shouldn't stand between a rock and a hard place,

talk with an odd face, but say things loudly, founding,

enough cynical roosts to coop the pigeons up,

only old ones have chicken wire cuts,

they don't even fight the clipped wings,

nothing volatile left to erupt.

Let It Go

A simple illustration placed in between the vagrant satyrs, hunger sated in a semi-similar stasis. Traces of soul left on their thin, dark lips, kisses of death, their breath slowly slipped. The juxtaposed artwork garnered neither gaze nor pause, it was lost among the statues, not an iota accrued of loss. Gentle little leafs brushing sweetly at the ground, unfounded judgments cast upon the environ all around. Crows gathered in murders, herds of heedless caws embossed among the stone work, shawls of crisp snow gathering on the shoulders, unanswered prayers of devil creatures, orbs of onyx gazing the landscape's lonely features. A single tree, dead limbs in all the ether, either frozen olden reaper free to be in seizure.

Coffee and Nicotine

Listen to the birds chirp a coarse staccato chorus

Against wind chimes and exhalations of the forest

The sordid seafaring fathers of fishermen

Plucking dense chords of contemplation and reflection

Under the clouded sky's sun insurrection.

Like cloudy-eyed introspection meant to lessen

The weight of the world, but only serving

To give a more lucid selection of unanswered questions

Left in sections of ideas meant to prevent the capsize

Prophesied by Aaliya. May all souls rest in peace;

heroes and enemies in tandem to say the least.

And not an ounce of love when shared has gone to waste

To see the sweet smile upon her face. To kiss the stress away.

Scott Free

An awful lot of lawful scotch has knocked a notch off an otherwise scot free tot

A spot of croc drops locked in not-needed memories splotch a whiskey bot-

Um , please stop. This is not the room you're lookin' for, caught like rot

In a severed idle hand, God's plan is strange at best for man. We're not big fans.

The big man stands at what has to be hyperbolic, or whatever you call it.

Tails up, lucks out, don't yell now or bite down. The slightest sound will bring down

a wire for the jaw, but bruises heal. This won't. A sacred trust broke

The yoke of this joke spoke as the only thing over sobs with such a bitter taste.

A whisper-scream forced promise to take this to his wake. Can that be honored with honesty?

Honestly it seems to be followed with demonic things, like little kids that grow up with no trust.

Rust-colored paintings, making themselves available play-things, fear and self-hating,

beer and lack of peace making, hands quaking, chest caving, and scab saving.

Pulled off too early though enough to restart the blood flow, stunted growth, some needle-nose

action. Marks of traction lost between footsteps caught in old snares.

A rope around the elephant's foot. Too scared to sever the lies,

She had nothing left she severed her thighs, and a neck line - carotid sight, broken hope

life was a noose and poppa tied the rope. He had one, but his mom didn't tie tight enough to choke.

It'll take me a while to work through these, but I liked The Nature of Serenity. There's not much criticism to give there - it's fine little piece.

Scott Free is potent stuff. A subject worth facing, and I find your choice of structure interesting - it's reminiscent of slam poetry or even rap. Was that pointed, or comfortable? Some really elegant wording and metaphors in here.

An Old Memory feels really confused until the last stanza (insofar as it has such delineations).

My Home has some odd word choices and the rhyme is muddled. You could use that, with some tweaks, or remove it entirely.

Flowers is... odd. It's very bald in content and intention, but the language is more flowery (pardon me) than feels right. I don't often refer to something as pretentious, but....

chicken wire cuts is great. Damn fine piece of slam poetry. Immediate, evocative, lyrical.

Let It Go is impenetrable to me. I feel like I'm missing some required context.

Coffee and Nicotine I like, but it feels rather clumsy in places - overwrought, even. Still pleasing to read.

I may change my mind or have more to say in some hours, after thinking on them and re-reading a bit.

Thanks so much for the feedback, honestly. I posted it expecting no one to really even glance at it. Hah.

It was entirely comfortable in that slam/rap style, that's how I write best - I think, anyway. I am much less of a traditional poet. I wrote that one relatively quickly compared to say, My Home or An Old Memory. And, honestly, besides a supply of haikus (I do those when I get bored like, some people scribble in margins, I write haikus), probably the only poems I have in my catalog that I've tried to do in a more reserved fashion. Well, I consider it to be reserved, my sister would call it disciplined.

While writing stuff like that I have a tendency to imagine it spoken so the words flow much differently in my head and on my lips than I think they do for other people.

I'm not offended (pinky promise), but why do you think Flowers is pretentious?

Let it Go is, honestly, just a fractal of something else entirely. It's an unfinished piece of work, but there's no real...meaning or anything to it, it was something I wrote in a waiting room on my phone and I just wanted to paint a scene with it. I think it is, likely, the most face value of the bunch and it's - as are most of these - something I consider practice. Haha. I'm not sure what possessed me to post it, I do like pieces of it.

I am really, really glad you liked chicken wire cuts - I think that's the piece I'm most proud of out of the bunch.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback I have gotten very over the course of years and I do sincerely appreciate your honest opinions.

No worries, I know that feeling - I've got a stack of poetry on here somewhere and useful feedback is painfully rare.

Do you reckon you over-thought the others, as opposed to the very natural rhythm and wording of chicken wire cuts? I personally think that more traditional poetry require genuine study (so I only consider myself a dabbler, not a poet), and that's not for everyone - especially when you've got work with that much impact through near-instinct.

Flowers struck me that way because... Hm, it's worded like something with depth, but the content is sophomore philosophy. I feel like you're detracting from the poignancy of the scene by complicating the language, but not employing much metaphor.

I understand what you mean about Let It Go - I've got some similar, stream-of-consciousness vignettes like that.

I hope I've been helpful - I seem to come across as the dread Minotaur of this subforum because some people respond poorly to criticism.

I don't think you're the "dread Minotaur" one little bit, I was really excited to see anyone respond. I've posted some of these pieces on similar forums (even asking for criticism) and got nothing but crickets.

I agree. I mean, the pieces I could annotate with odd references are, actually, the ones that I had to try the least on. So, yeah, I think I completely over-thought the pieces I was trying to sell as "traditional poetry". I grew up listening to hip-hop and my avatar is actually one of my favorite rappers/essayists/poets (she does all three in their own capacities).

My love for poetry is kind of shallow and almost just a stepping point because, really, I write words meant for music accompaniment. And I don't fancy myself a poet either, that's just the easiest to explain? Haha.

And as for Flowers that does make a lot of sense. I remember writing it and having no real direction, I just tacked on the end like "Yeah, I was dead the whole time. Deal with it."

A lot of this writing, for me, is just...if I can get one little line or even one rhyme that I like a lot out of it then I'm really happy, but I don't want them to waste away either. Here's another I wasn't really sure if I should post or not, but it's another rap/poetry bastardization and I'm curious to see if you think it's somewhere in the middle.

Craving

My attention span is waning.

I'm regressing, I am straining.

Good things happen, not complaining.

Just saying, what am I saving?

In fields of paradise, razing.

Plaguing, I am a play thing.

Broken glass mirror, still shaving.

Choking back fear or just scathing

self-hatred, fated; mind is caving.

Elated is vagrant, claustrophobic baying

In and out of craving, raving.

Lunacy soon-to-be turned craven.

Caught on a beach, life isn't waving

astral introspection, meta-planing.

Constraining, aching, fading, shaking

blaming, aging training, splaying

jading thoughts, I'm lost and angry.

Crazy is a cliché, insanity gracing

little bracing spaces pacing

on intricate finger paintings.

My outline is traced or tracing,

no inkling of inking or acing.

Spacing in and out of safety.

Heart doesn't know slow, only racing.

Oh, who are they? I follow Button Poetry so they look a bit familiar.

Hmm, that's interesting - starts out strong, becomes like free-association, then you seem to really hit your stride at 'Crazy is a cliché', That middle section is kind of a muddle but I see that as intentional, so it just gains an impressive energy on stage.

Also I threw up this lot and would be grateful for your thoughts.

Dessa Darling is her stage name, she started out doing spoken word before she rapped, but she has a couple books of written poetry out as well and I read them probably the same way a stalker uses binoculars. But hopefully less...creepy. At any rate.

Yeah, it's definitely meant to be muddied or grunge-y, for lack of a better term. I'm pretty grunge and punk-inspired, too. At least, that's how I feel - I never know how I actually sound. Haha.

Thanks so much for the back and forth. Again, I hardly get feedback outside of friends that just, y'know, CAN'T provide this kind of criticism. And if you wouldn't mind posting a link to yours, I'd like to give your stuff a read, too - though, I don't know how much help I can be critic-wise.

Oh, hah. I am not used to the aesthetics of this site just yet. Thank you for the link. 
Here's a poem I couldn't just copy and paste, it's another in the vein of traditional poetry, but it's a concrete poem:

cvRO3D5.jpg

Cardiac Confessions

My cardiac was arrested with some cardiac depression

There's a mess inside my chest just begging to be lessened

I invested in broken coping mechanisms and ego despotism

Salt-rusted arteries start to leave coalesced impressions

Reacting to a message burned in my flesh unhesitant

The confidence of matches matched only with my evanescence

Ghost-like trying hard just to hold tight inside effervescence

Unimpressed face death breathless less effort just...

Hectic mind's eye pries open poisoned trust and hope eloping.

I find blindness soothing against deep-rooted repose groping.

Eyes closed, knees froze back open to shadow-self garroting.

Two choices: Hide or fight back, find light or die choking.

Chose to riposte and go for the goat's throat, warm up a cold soul

Fuck giving up the ghost, though, hope in the thousands

Pull my head out of ass-shaped clouds, feet grounded.

Erase self-pity with some spotty confidence; confounding.

Make a safe place on dry land, sun-baked, no more tear-drowning.

Regulate self-talk, eliminate hatred of self taught with shellshock

Caught in a place unfamiliar where old triggers lead to new spots

True freedom without a filter, like feeling one's blood un-clot.

Erase zealot-fed parts, replace with art-filled life and love lots.

My Disease

Through sanguine flavored looking glass the view's askew, obtuse and muddied fact

tracked through the house and infectious like a game of cat and mouse

confections line the crooked brick work, trails of ant-fed Antwerp, jewel of the liger's eye

something so corrupt was born to die, died to live, a cage ain't cohesive with exist

a savored sweet fang masks a shark toothed grin, lobo in the sheep-shaped blanket

begging Bo to guide them in. Tragedy of nature is that it balances. Delicate.

Cycles of a burning bridge, destroy rebuild we have forests fuck emulsion bids.

Sunken eyes and sewn up lids, there's not much of it to get. You got it? Good.

The train will leave this neighborhood, city bound. Like it or not.

Graveyard meet hole of fox. Trot on by, sewing needles in his eyes.

Sees what he did when he learned not to question kin, dead a kid. Dedicated masochist, self-destruct

this empty box of cigs. What's in this for me? Fuck salvation I think I'll watch TV

Don't unplug my oxygen please and leave the medication on the table,

opiates never hurt anyone before. Dying is obviously better than being bored, nailed it.

Mail proof of purchases receive my death and still be unsure of what I did to deserve this.

Guilty, wordy and lurid. I'm unsolved. Thought through worry so I'd see it all evolve,

now I can't wipe the crimson off my paws, the putrid stench I sought under all my claws

focus on the past, never find the cause, die a blemish wrapped up in gauze

a century later they unwrap and they spot the fault. Worry lines replace the laugh and the last feet

attached were the crow's on the mask. Smell like death, far past primitive, when survival isn't objective

we find our own predators to hunt us, swift. Become what you fear, it's like a gift,

shift from perception of Plato's cave, the light outside is far too blinding to be saved.

Modern paradox of life like dolls all in a row, matching clichés and pill bottles

Who bothers to solve problems with the promise of distraction is better than the action

it would take to embrace steps to satisfaction? Traction marks glow in the darkest hearts,

woven abodes with darkest arts, placate a farce and snarf the pre-marked tarts

like "Eat me please help me spread my disease." Rebuild, Destroy, like land and sea Pangaea seizures

lead to these lives apart. 39 thieves like all my sleeves are made of tricks, this burning wick

is all my hopes and fever dreams. No need to sweat it out I'll cool off with some self-doubt

and surround self with all exemplary archetype of instant gratification, temp elation.

Sins for sentience, better not behave 'cuz someone else will save the Census.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your imagined furrowed brow is worrisome, though I think I'll remove Headlights because it's really, really not ready for anyone to look at it. I need to quit posting things when I'm exhausted.

The little pin pricks

That line your heart are left from

When you felt alive

In my dreams she leaves

Relief mixes with the pain

"I get to see her"

What is left of me?

A little bit of spilled milk

Can't wait to dry up

Your blood rolled in such

Beautiful ways I could not

Keep myself from this 
I know this stuff is probably pretty boring for other people to pour through, but here's one hot off the presses. Lacking of title and full of embellishments.

I've been the worst person I've known and maybe I've grown

But I'm still alone at home and when I zone out I'm torn by how

When I speak out loud of my mistakes they flake away as if to say

This is all I'll be today, tomorrow is another ray a mote of dust

A bit of rust to erode the trust I lust after, screeching raptor

In my head seems to mean I dream of death when she leaves me

For the thousandth time inside my mind trying to lie to myself

Becomes an outlet for my health an expression of my wealth

Is a zero wrapped in warped wire with wit withheld, in hell

The flames take the shape of lovers past and love that didn't last

and the light bleeds from the ceiling with a deadened grasp

A dead end laugh for those that wrap their limbs around me