• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Journal For Anthony Aerodime

Dear Diary,

I should probably talk about my past and all those detailed bits about me. I'm going to forget them the longer I stay here in AMA so this is an opportunity to remind myself of he life I had on Earth. Dark as the days had been back when I wasn't an orphan, they were so dark that there was no light to it. That was how dark it was.

I used to have a family, a very bright-kind, holding me and the two people who took care of me. Us three got along very well but it didn't mean we were in the best of situations. It was always Dad who suffered the most, that's how I thought of it back then and that's how I think of it now. He worked long hours, leaving at 4 am and returning at 2 am. It had a major affect on him, and we all saw it. His demeanor and his appearance were... concerning. He still tried his best, mum thinks so too, and wouldn't let us down, he loved me and Mum. It was when I was around seven years old that he decided that his job isn't working for him, we were rooting for him. It was the best decision he made and also the last.

Months passed, and he kept coming home empty handed, unable to find a job. We all knew they were difficult to find. Understanding, we rewarded his efforts with smiles and encouragement. It was because we were such a good, happy deserving family, he felt that he failed as a father. I didn't know what he was thinking since I was only seven or eight, but he tried to drop me off a building late at night. All I felt during that time was a deep concern for my father, his drunken face showed sadness, guilt and sadness again. Out of his concern, I tried to laugh playfully as if I was enjoying the ride in the air and said he was a great dad! Then mum appeared in her gown and sang a rushed song that Dad liked. 

He regretted the idea of dropping me and was about to put me down when his fingers slipped under my armpits. Then I fell to the roof and was unconscious. Both my parents were at the bottom, I remember looking down at their bodies and the red splatter around them. I wanted to jump too back then, I wanted to jump too.

After that was a heck of a ride. I was sent to an orphanage because I had no other relatives. Got beaten, cursed at, hated and eventually I don't remember anything except my family right until I was fifteen, the present.

Going to the AMA was a dramatic change in my lifetime. Magic won't solve everything but I wanted to remember that day on the top of the skyscraper. I laughed, mom sang and Dad carried me in the air cheerfully on the highest building in the world. Man, now I know why I'm such a crybaby.

From, Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back