Joseph "Diesel" Barrett

Doctor Calgori

Minister of Science, Shhh.....
-Vitals-

Name: Joseph Barrett – goes by "Diesel" for most operations

Posting Color: i like lamp

Appearance:

Mutations: Barrett keeps carefully concealed gigantic metal tubes protruding from his lower back, hugging against his skin before finally looping out into the air near his neck; the tubes are constantly belching forth steam. As Barrett exerts himself, the steam turns darker and darker, and takes on the oily stench of a diesel engine.

Metahuman Ability: I'm gonna wreck it!

Barrett is strong. Very, very strong. Archetypical super strength.

Character Skills: (Advantageous Skills not related to your powers, 1 major skill, 1 minor)

Major Skill 1: Wrecking Stuff

Barrett is the rough equivalent of an intelligent jackhammer. With immense fists, a massive body, huge kicking feet, and a head more than suitable for headbutting through most things, he is a living CAT backhoe, more than able to smash all kinds of things, from walls to cars to fine china.

He is also good at wrecking people, and this translates into an above average ability to hit things. Like faces, arms, legs. While no expert in any particular fighting style, Barrett himself could be described as his own fighting style, as he has developed his own unique ways of going toe to toe with most hand-to-hand masters, capitalizing on his own ability to absorb massive punishment and then dish it back out again.

Minor Skill 2: Intuition Form

Barrett was a Coast Guard engineer – working aboard one of the off-shore hangars, and keeping everything from helicopters to ship engines in working order. He hasn't fallen out of practice, and a welder is as powerful in his hands as, well, his hands. His eye is equal parts construction and destruction: buildings in particular, Barrett can understand, knowing exactly where to cut a hole for the fire team to enter, or what beam to smash for the whole thing to collapse.

Character Flaws:

Disadvantage 1: Honest Abe

Barret has an impossibly hard time lying, and his first instinct upon being asked a surprise question is to answer it truthfully. Being a chief member of a terrorist organization, this can make secret-keeping difficult. It can also be used to put him on the spot.

Disadvantage 2: Slumbering Giant

The last thing Barrett wants is to have to kill somebody by his own hands (his deepest nightmare involves what it would feel like to crush somebody's head in his own fists). While Forrest is usually content to do most of the killing himself, there comes times when Barrett is put on the spot and forced to arms – In these cases, he looks for every excuse not to fight, be it reasoning with the enemy, fleeing, or by creating a distraction so that Forrest can take a shot. Without his captain around, Barrett's chances of actually doing harm drop even further, and it's likely he would actually save a victim from one of the pilot's traps without knowing what he was doing.

Of course, Barrett seeks justice through prisons and reform camps, not killing, so anything nonlethal (including vicious beatings) is perfectly fine in his book.

Disadvantage 3: Raise the Colors

Barrett is just as noticeable as his captain, if not more so. Going out and about in public is difficult at best for a giant man with diesel mutations.

Disadvantage 4: Fire!

Barrett is deathly afraid of heights, and refuses to operate on anything above a second story. If the building has windows, he stays far away from them, and will trek up hundred of flights of stairs as opposed to the elevator.

Disadvantage 5: Covers

Despite his every effort to keep his movements as slow as possible and his hands as low as he can, people still take to instant fear when they see Barrett, due to his huge stature and impressive dimensions.

-Personal-

Motivation:

Remember the Oath:

"I am a Coast Guardsman

I serve the citizens of [Megalopolis]

I will protect them

I will defend them

I will save them

I am their sheild

I am Semper Paratus

I am a Guardsman

We are the Coast Guard"

Profession: Radical terrorist. Doesn't like soup.

Interests and Hobbies: Barrett, while an immense and imposing figure even before meta-formation, is at his heart a gentle soul, and he enjoys proving, both to the world and himself, that he is better than senseless destruction. This translates into his foremost hobby, handicrafts, particularly carving: Barrett, while by no means the best, is rather handy with a knife and a block of wood, and spends his spare time carving out everything from animal figurines to little toy boats.

Common Behaviors and Mannerisms: Barrett is uneasy beyond measure – his captain's constant psychological torture and his own efforts to be as gentle as possible result in him constantly remeasuring his motions, retracing his steps, and reconsidering his actions. He will approach a problem – say, writing down some notes – with enthusiasm, before stopping mid rush to consider that perhaps the way he is doing things is too violent...no, not energetic enough...perhaps misleading? Only rarely does Barrett have the conviction to act with purpose – for the most part he is a paranoid wanderer trapped in a giant's body.

Personality: Barrett is trapped in the past, and this reflects in his current incarnation. He had a real life once – a place where his huge size was an advantage, where he could work on machines, watching them fly off to do good work before a beer and football game with the crew. The world wasn't right, yes, but he was fighting the good fight, and doing what he could to fix things up – that's what mattered, the doing something about it. The past has passed, however, and currently Barrett spends his time doing...well, doing the only thing that he knows how to do, fixing the world, one step at a time. He is certainly not the same man, however – a change in leadership has brought a terror to Barrett's doorstep, and while certainly Forrest is a briliant leader, there's a certain sharp edge about the flight commander that Barrett cannot appreciate. Fear, however, is Forrest's chief tool, and Barrett has been worn ragged by the constant tug on his nerves, down to a shattered wreck hardly good for fixing things as breaking them.

Opinions:

Megalopolis: A tainted memory, a place that once was, but ceased to be. Things used to be much nicer, and people used to remember how to be nice to each other, but they forgot when the bombs started dropping.

The Coast Guard: The Coast Guard remembers

Most people: They can be terrible, they can be wonderful. It all matters on whether or not they remember how to be nice. Sometimes they just need a simple reminder. Sometimes they need a bigger reminder.

Forrest: He fights the good fight – but not in a good way. Is that a good thing still?

History:

Once a Coast Guard engineer. Once a ceaseless champion of repair. Once the hero who every little kid loved, who visited schools and handed out Coast Guard toy helicopters. Beurocracy happened, and it brought negligence, which opened the door for the scum of society to take over. They brought rockets, and took Air Three down in smoke and flame. The engineer died, and what was left wants peace again.

[QUOTE="Doctor Calgori]
-Vitals-
Name: Joseph Barrett – goes by "Diesel" for most operations

Posting Color: i like lamp

Appearance:

Mutations: Barrett keeps carefully concealed gigantic metal tubes protruding from his lower back, hugging against his skin before finally looping out into the air near his neck; the tubes are constantly belching forth steam. As Barrett exerts himself, the steam turns darker and darker, and takes on the oily stench of a diesel engine.

Metahuman Ability: I'm gonna wreck it!

Barrett is strong. Very, very strong. Archetypical super strength.

Character Skills: (Advantageous Skills not related to your powers, 1 major skill, 1 minor)

Major Skill 1: Wrecking Stuff

Barrett is the rough equivalent of an intelligent jackhammer. With immense fists, a massive body, huge kicking feet, and a head more than suitable for headbutting through most things, he is a living CAT backhoe, more than able to smash all kinds of things, from walls to cars to fine china.

He is also good at wrecking people, and this translates into an above average ability to hit things. Like faces, arms, legs. While no expert in any particular fighting style, Barrett himself could be described as his own fighting style, as he has developed his own unique ways of going toe to toe with most hand-to-hand masters, capitalizing on his own ability to absorb massive punishment and then dish it back out again.

Minor Skill 2: Intuition Form

Barrett was a Coast Guard engineer – working aboard one of the off-shore hangars, and keeping everything from helicopters to ship engines in working order. He hasn't fallen out of practice, and a welder is as powerful in his hands as, well, his hands. His eye is equal parts construction and destruction: buildings in particular, Barrett can understand, knowing exactly where to cut a hole for the fire team to enter, or what beam to smash for the whole thing to collapse.

Character Flaws:

Disadvantage 1: Honest Abe

Barret has an impossibly hard time lying, and his first instinct upon being asked a surprise question is to answer it truthfully. Being a chief member of a terrorist organization, this can make secret-keeping difficult. It can also be used to put him on the spot.

Disadvantage 2: Slumbering Giant

The last thing Barrett wants is to have to kill somebody by his own hands (his deepest nightmare involves what it would feel like to crush somebody's head in his own fists). While Forrest is usually content to do most of the killing himself, there comes times when Barrett is put on the spot and forced to arms – In these cases, he looks for every excuse not to fight, be it reasoning with the enemy, fleeing, or by creating a distraction so that Forrest can take a shot. Without his captain around, Barrett's chances of actually doing harm drop even further, and it's likely he would actually save a victim from one of the pilot's traps without knowing what he was doing.

Of course, Barrett seeks justice through prisons and reform camps, not killing, so anything nonlethal (including vicious beatings) is perfectly fine in his book.

Disadvantage 3: Raise the Colors

Barrett is just as noticeable as his captain, if not more so. Going out and about in public is difficult at best for a giant man with diesel mutations.

Disadvantage 4: Fire!

Barrett is deathly afraid of heights, and refuses to operate on anything above a second story. If the building has windows, he stays far away from them, and will trek up hundred of flights of stairs as opposed to the elevator.

Disadvantage 5: Covers

Despite his every effort to keep his movements as slow as possible and his hands as low as he can, people still take to instant fear when they see Barrett, due to his huge stature and impressive dimensions.

-Personal-

Motivation:

Remember the Oath:

"I am a Coast Guardsman

I serve the citizens of [Megalopolis]

I will protect them

I will defend them

I will save them

I am their sheild

I am Semper Paratus

I am a Guardsman

We are the Coast Guard"

Profession: Radical terrorist. Doesn't like soup.

Interests and Hobbies: Barrett, while an immense and imposing figure even before meta-formation, is at his heart a gentle soul, and he enjoys proving, both to the world and himself, that he is better than senseless destruction. This translates into his foremost hobby, handicrafts, particularly carving: Barrett, while by no means the best, is rather handy with a knife and a block of wood, and spends his spare time carving out everything from animal figurines to little toy boats.

Common Behaviors and Mannerisms: Barrett is uneasy beyond measure – his captain's constant psychological torture and his own efforts to be as gentle as possible result in him constantly remeasuring his motions, retracing his steps, and reconsidering his actions. He will approach a problem – say, writing down some notes – with enthusiasm, before stopping mid rush to consider that perhaps the way he is doing things is too violent...no, not energetic enough...perhaps misleading? Only rarely does Barrett have the conviction to act with purpose – for the most part he is a paranoid wanderer trapped in a giant's body.

Personality: Barrett is trapped in the past, and this reflects in his current incarnation. He had a real life once – a place where his huge size was an advantage, where he could work on machines, watching them fly off to do good work before a beer and football game with the crew. The world wasn't right, yes, but he was fighting the good fight, and doing what he could to fix things up – that's what mattered, the doing something about it. The past has passed, however, and currently Barrett spends his time doing...well, doing the only thing that he knows how to do, fixing the world, one step at a time. He is certainly not the same man, however – a change in leadership has brought a terror to Barrett's doorstep, and while certainly Forrest is a briliant leader, there's a certain sharp edge about the flight commander that Barrett cannot appreciate. Fear, however, is Forrest's chief tool, and Barrett has been worn ragged by the constant tug on his nerves, down to a shattered wreck hardly good for fixing things as breaking them.

Opinions:

Megalopolis: A tainted memory, a place that once was, but ceased to be. Things used to be much nicer, and people used to remember how to be nice to each other, but they forgot when the bombs started dropping.

The Coast Guard: The Coast Guard remembers

Most people: They can be terrible, they can be wonderful. It all matters on whether or not they remember how to be nice. Sometimes they just need a simple reminder. Sometimes they need a bigger reminder.

Forrest: He fights the good fight – but not in a good way. Is that a good thing still?

History:

Once a Coast Guard engineer. Once a ceaseless champion of repair. Once the hero who every little kid loved, who visited schools and handed out Coast Guard toy helicopters. Beurocracy happened, and it brought negligence, which opened the door for the scum of society to take over. They brought rockets, and took Air Three down in smoke and flame. The engineer died, and what was left wants peace again.

[/QUOTE]
Approved to be used as a Megalopolis character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back