Story Jinhai's Letter ~ An Excerpt From a Love & Legends Fanroute ~ Jinhai/MC

TripleThreatGay

I'm the guy you call "forced diversity"
Roleplay Type(s)
(This is an excerpt from Jinhai's fanroute, which can be read here)

I am sorry. I know you must believe I have betrayed you, but I swear I have not. I must keep quiet on this, however, so that the queen does not discover it. But I swear, I will get you out. Please trust in me - and if you cannot, trust in my animals, for they are more innocent than I. They will be my accomplices.

I will be bringing you meals thrice a day. I - we, if you should put your faith in me - will use this time to devise our escape.

Forgive my selfishness, but I must also save my animals from her cruelty. I do care deeply for you, but I cannot let her harm them, either. I know she would if I gave her the chance. Else, I would save you right now.

Please... Though I know that I do not deserve it, I beg of you to trust me, Colette.

Sincerely, Jinhai Jubal

Colette swallows thickly at the letter, reading it several times over. She holds it delicately, as though it may disappear if she holds it more tightly.

This single letter is her only assurance that Jinhai hasn't betrayed her. She squeezes her eyes shut tightly, and counts. One, two, three, four, five. She opens them, and the words remain unchanged. Jinhai did not betray her - he still cares for her.

She laughs a little to herself at the realization, and holds the letter close to her chest.

"I guess I've gotta trust him," she whispers. "I've got no choice... Not when he's going and putting me on the same level as his animals."

She could never hope to surpass them, she knows that, and even respects it. But being on the same level as them? That's truly something that she'd never expected. It's almost enough to make her cry with joy, but she holds back the tears.

She folds the letter gently, as small as she can make it, and then tucks it into the pocket of her dark brown pants. (One good thing about fantasy clothes, she supposes, is that they apparently have actual, good pockets for the women's clothes.)

With the later safely hidden away, she sighs softly and lays back down on the cold, hard ground of her cell. And with nothing else to do, she lets her mind fade away into a dreamless sleep. She sleeps, and waits for Jinhai to bring her the first meal she will eat as the Witch Queen's prisoner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back