Jacob Everneil, The Golden Hearted Farmer

Cosmosis

How long has it been now? -Cosmo 2023

Genre:Pop

Name:Jacob Everneil

Appearance:

th

Jacob Everneil is a kid with dry dirt colored hair that is lifted a bit in the front and is short everywhere else. His eyes are the same color and the kid' biceps are the size of a ripe muskmelon.  His skin is Caucasian but has what's known as a "Farmers tan"  on it. Before the apocalypse he normally wore faded blue jeans, Muscle shirts, the occasional double button shirt and v neck along with dress pants. He has a horizontal scar on his left bicep from when he accidently was laying by his mother as she was cutting tomatoes and it fell down, cutting him. His hands are all scarred up from rope burn to working with welding and building things.

Personality: Jacob is a kind soul who cares for others with a passion. If you looked sad he'd brighten your day by laughing with you or by telling you he was there for you. He never really got mad at people but it did happen. Each time he reflected upon it and made sure it didn't happen again.

Backstory: Jacob used to be a farmer and a damn good one. If he had to bale hay, he didn't need to be asked and he was the first out of the door to go wrangle the farm animals if they broke out. Adopting what he thought a normal farmer did, he started putting straw in his mouth at age seven.

Later he became known as the Golden Hearted Farmer as he got along with everybody and defended his friends with due cause. Other reasons were as such. Girls kept asking him out but he denied them, smiling as he stated he was a farm boy and they were stuck up snobs who wouldn't help around the farm to save their life. When smaller kids asked him for help with bullies, he told them what to do and if it continued, he went up to the bullies and only had to stand over them to make them think twice before he lectured them. He got average grades, B- to A with the occasional C. He worked hard after school and helped Teachers get stuff ready if they needed help.

His mother had died when he was fifteen so he and his dad had formed a incredibly strong bond since her death three years ago. When the news showed people attacking others he knew that it wouldn't be long before it got to the area he lived in. When it did hit, Jacob's father got sick. The man begged his son to leave him before he turned, giving him his mother's gold sprayed necklace that had a heart with her and his father then him from when he was twelve. His father then gave him his black cow leather jacket and his Tony Lama bull rider belt buckle before the old man locked his son outside of the house and watched as he left with supplies in a dark grey hikers backpack while he rode on a bike into town, his signature hay strand flitting around as he flew down the hill and onto the road.

When he got to town he was tired and ready to just give up looking for others when he saw some younger kids get jumped by crazed adults and pre-adults. He ditched his bike against a building, setting his stuff down on some steps before he went in and helped them push back their assaulters enough to run away. Soon he was directing people and going on scavenging missions as he fought to survive.

At some point, Jake stood on a watchtower and thought it was safe and would continue to be safe for a long time. That was until winter hit the group stationed in the store. Sure, the dead and sick seemed to be slower but the cold killed off many of them as well as destroy some equipment they had made all due to them just not being prepared. Now Jacob is reeling from the shock of realizing he has to tell everyone else the last group of scavengers that went out is most likely gone in their heads.

Other: There was a few Girls Jake did date and he left them as they seemed to want him to never meet their own parents and he found this to be rude as their parents would have to meet him eventually.

If you got Jacob mad enough to fight you, he'd give you one chance to admit your faults before you ended up paying hospital bills.

Jacob works out a lot outside of splitting wood and bailing hay.

Jacob's knocked out three people who trash talked his mother and pounded a man at a market for telling his father he was scum for slaughtering animals and eating them after he raised it from a newborn.

Inspiration: Well,"This Is Gospel"By Panic! At The Disco got me thinking of an apocalypse type setting and How at the beginning  Brendon Urie sings "...for the fallen ones
Locked away in permanent slumber..." I thought, why not have someone who lost something in a permanent  slumber and then ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE Just careened into my mind. From there I decided it to be a hard working farmer as that image popped in my head from nowhere after looking at my own hay in my mouth. When Safe and sound by Capital Cities came on, I decided to have Jake think the place could last forever and take it away the second winter hit. Cake by the Ocean BY DNCE made me think a bit and I think it helped me choose between having Jake be a good person or be an insane kid who lost himself after he left home.

View full character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back