Jack Azarias

CactusJuice

That One Guy
Brief intro: "Who am I? I prefer to think of myself as the Right Hand of God, but I hear your kind has started to refer to me as 'Jack the Ripper'. Oh? I can tell from your face you've heard of me. Good, then you know there's no point in begging for mercy. I suggest you pray for your damned soul." Jack is a monster hunter who investigates mysterious killings, disappearances, and other happenings around the globe.

Name: Jack Azarias

Orientation: Heterosexual

Species: Human

Traits and Abilities: He's very knowledgeable about myths and legends, so he generally knows what a monster's weakness is if it's in a myth or legend. Jack is also quite wealthy, so he has money to spend on monster hunting toys. He's skilled with various guns and knives. He's been taking self defense classes from a young age, and he started training in Akido (a defensive style that redirects your opponent's strength) a few years ago. Jack is also a quite physically fit, so he's a bit stronger, faster, and tougher than your average human, but that's not really saying much considering what he hunts. Constantly traveling world, he is also multilingual. He speaks English, Japanese (due to kitsune hunting), Romanian (due to it's infamous vampires), Spanish (due to the number of speakers), and Russian. He is also quite an experienced hunter for his age.

Weaknesses: Well he's human for one, but he's also only semi aware of the supernatural world. Meaning, he doesn't know how much of a myth is true and how much is just old wives' tales. He also has no idea that the dark dimension and doppelgangers exist. Jack is a bit prideful, and his blind hatred for the supernatural often causes him to jump to conclusions. Jack loves his dog immensely and would risk his life for him.

Appearance:
177191.jpg

Personality: Jack has two distinct sides. A warm, caring side that can be seen when interacting with his dog or other humans, and a cold, merciless side that is shown when he's facing supernatural beings. Despite the way he heartlessly kills creatures, he is actually a very religious man, and he always carries a cross.

History and Bio:

Born to owners of a successful medical research company, Jack had what he viewed to be a fantastic early childhood. He traveled across America and often visited other countries with his parents for various business meetings, and his education consisted of many different and accomplished private tutors. He also spent a lot of time with his beloved grandfather, and his best friend was a husky named Wolf his parents bought for him who traveled with him everywhere. When Jack was still quite young, he and his parents were visiting his grandfather's homeland, Russia. Walking to their hotel late one night, what they thought was a mugging turned into cold blooded murder. Some sort of blood-thirsty being, which Jack has now theorized to be a ravenous young vampire, attacked them; both his parents were killed before his very eyes. For some reason Jack cannot remember the creature's face. He cannot even remember its gender or size. All he can remember is the blood-lust he saw in its eyes. Of course no one believed his story when he reported it to the police. They thought it was just the imagination of a traumatized child. However, one man, his grandfather, believed him. In fact, he revealed that he'd seen his wife (Jack's grandmother) killed in a similar fashion. Since his retirement from running the company, Jack's grandfather had been doing extensive research on vampires and similar supernatural beings. Giving all the research he had to Jack, his grandfather reclaimed leadership of the company he had once built. While running the company, Jack's grandfather helped shape him into the hate-fueled, monster-killing machine he is today. Secretly funded by his grandfather, he now travels the world to investigate mysterious deaths, disappearances, and similar phenomenon. Now, Jack has claimed the title "Monster Hunter." The reason he uses such a term is because he believes all the creatures he hunts are naturally evil beings. In his mind, the only time they show compassion or any other admirable qualities is to manipulate those around them. In essence, they are all monsters. The reason he believes this from his own personal experiences. Sense the only supernatural beings he's met are creatures that prey on/ cause harm to humans. In his time, he has killed many vampires, and a couple of werewolves. He has not yet successfully hunted a Kitsune as they generally run away from his partner rather then fight.

Other: Jack generally smells like garlic and smoke. Due to his belief that vampires hate/ are repelled by garlic, he chews garlic almost constantly.

442a4fb6884a86adc0ecf46ddba6a5b6.jpg

Jack has a hunting dog and partner named Buffy. He's one of Wolf's sons. He uses his superior sense of scent and hearing to help Jack track down prey and warn Jack of danger. Buffy is extremely friendly to anyone who isn't trying to harm his master.

Last edited:
I love Huskies! <3

It's totally fine, just as long as Genevieve can interact with him... :')

Although animals do tend to like her and Jessalyn, apart from witches cats of course...

Just tell me when you're done! It looks great so far.  :D

@CactusJuice

good question.  xD  I guess it really depends on how they meet; Jack has never met a Vektor before, so first impressions will really be everything. :P  

She isnt a Vektor fully, she has human elements in her (Her AI made by a Japanese scientist) and she has instinctive programming to be friendly towards humanity. If anything, it's how he acts lol.

good question.  xD  I guess it really depends on how they meet; Jack has never met a Vektor before, so first impressions will really be everything. :P  

Also i'm not surprised he hasn;t met one, unless you have an EMF detector or was in the right place at the right time, it's highly  unlikely he would have seen a Vektor.

Vampire Hunting Kit: 

• Stakes

Mallet

Mirror 

Garlic

Holy Water

Knives (in an assortment of fun sizes) Rope

Saw

A modified stake firing crossbow

Flamethrower (destructive but effective. generally only brought when he expects more then one.)

Flashlight

Werewolf Hunting Kit:

• aconitum flower/ wolf's banes (he's only aware of it's poisonous quality to werewolves not the fact it burns them.)

Silver bullets modified for his signature revolver

Holy Water

•  

Notice he doesn't have a Kitsune kit as they usually just run away from Buffy. He is working on a designing a trap for them.
He carries a large revolver with a cross on the handle, cigars, an actual cross, and a lighter at all times. The exact mixture of items he carries vary depending on the situation.

How's that @FrostFire? I purposely included some useless items cause " he doesn't know how much of a myth is true and how much is just old wives' tales. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so he really doesn't have very much info then?

Because almost all witches are good, and they tend to search for hunters to help them.... So I'm guessing that hasn't happened yet? (Unless you would have liked it to, as it probably would've happened, considering his status as a hunter. They probably wouldn't give him much info, if any, on stuff like this, only direct him to evil vampires and werewolves, as these aren't inherently evil either, and many good vampires/ werewolves work with witches too.)

Umm.... All I ask is that you don't burn any witches at the stake, I have modelled the witches in this loosely around wicca (being one myself)....

But other than that, looks good! :)  

"Modified Stake Firing Crossbow" I tell ya, technology as reached limits with that. Realistically, a crossbow can't shoot something three times as heavy as a wooden stake effectively much less at all. Even if it IS modified, it wooden, more than likely the force of the string would just slice cleanly through and maybe shoot what's left of it about 2 feet in front of him with the firing power of a toddler with one of these crawlers trying to move it. Honestly, the weapon is useless.

@CactusJuice

Because almost all witches are good, and they tend to search for hunters to help them.... All I ask is that you don't burn any witches at the stake, I have modelled the witches in this loosely around wicca (being one myself)....

Oh...I actually feel really bad about that, sorry. I actually have a friend who is Wiccan; it jus didn't click.  :S  like I understood there were good ones, but I was thinking evil/ dark magicky ones were more like the stereotypical movie witch. I guess I can just change it to vampire, werewolf, and attempted  kitsune hunter.

Okay, so he really doesn't have very much info then?

Because almost all witches are good, and they tend to search for hunters to help them.... So I'm guessing that hasn't happened yet? (Unless you would have liked it to, as it probably would've happened, considering his status as a hunter.)

Yeah the "Monster Hunter" title was meant to be more self appointed. He literally only knows some monsters exist. Since he jut investigates mysterious phenomena, the only ones he's encountered are ones that have been causing deaths, disappearance, etc of humans. As far as he knows, he could be the only hunter.

"Modified Stake Firing Crossbow" I tell ya, technology as reached limits with that. Realistically, a crossbow can't shoot something three times as heavy as a wooden stake effectively much less at all. Even if it IS modified, it wooden, more than likely the force of the string would just slice cleanly through and maybe shoot what's left of it about 2 feet in front of him with the firing power of a toddler with one of these crawlers trying to move it. Honestly, the weapon is useless.

@CactusJuice

Couldn't it just fire a crossbow bolt with a wooden tip?

Oh...I actually feel really bad about that, sorry. I actually have a friend who is Wiccan; it jus didn't click.  :S  like I understood there were good ones, but I was thinking evil/ dark magicky ones were more like the stereotypical movie witch. I guess I can just change it to vampire, werewolf, and attempted  kitsune hunter.

Yeah the "Monster Hunter" title was meant to be more self appointed. He literally only knows some monsters exist. Since he jut investigates mysterious phenomena, the only ones he's encountered are ones that have been causing deaths, disappearance, etc of humans. As far as he knows, he could be the only hunter.

Couldn't it just literally fire a crossbow bolt with a wooden tip?

I mean since when has wood been aerodynamic? Don't have enough poundage, it wont have enough penetration power. Too much poundage and it'll wiggle all over the place making it very inaccurate. Plus the metal far outweighs the wood, it's center of gravity will be off-center and drop almost immediately. Anything with wood that is a projectile isn't very practical.

I mean since when has wood been aerodynamic? Don't have enough poundage, it wont have enough penetration power. Too much poundage and it'll wiggle all over the place making it very inaccurate. Plus the metal far outweighs the wood, it's center of gravity will be off-center and drop almost immediately. Anything with wood that is a projectile isn't very practical.

Not practical, but basically needed for his purposes. What about a metal core or hollow base? Hell the tip of the bolt could have an outline of wood. I mean the characters are living in a world with Vektors. Jack could literally hire top notch engineers to build this for him. Also: http://www.crossbowforum.com/showthread.php?6082-Wooden-bolts-dangerous is looks like wood bolts can be shot from a 150lb at least. Not going to be sniping with it, but shooting from like 20 yards away is still more useful than melee combat. Then again does it even need a wooden tip? As long as the wood shaft passes through it, that's still being impaled by wood, right?

Not practical, but basically needed for his purposes. What about a metal core or hollow base? Hell the tip of the bolt could have an outline of wood. I mean the characters are living in a world with Vektors. Jack could literally hire top notch engineers to build this for him. Also: http://www.crossbowforum.com/showthread.php?6082-Wooden-bolts-dangerous is looks like wood bolts can be shot from a 150lb at least. Not going to be sniping with it, but shooting from like 20 yards away is still more useful than melee combat. Then again does it even need a wooden tip? As long as the wood shaft passes through it, that's still being impaled by wood, right?

Right, fair enough.

Couldn't it just fire a crossbow bolt with a wooden tip?

That's okay! Just so you know lol.

Ah, makes sense now... X3

@CactusJuice Would Jack be interested in a partnership with a supernatural detective?

If that she out about monsters on their own (whether from personal experience or figuring out what Jack does), then yes he would actually. Jack will take all the help he can get; He just wouldn't want to drag someone into this.

If we ever partner up, it would be cool to work out details about how our characters started working together. Or, meet in RP.

If we ever partner up, it would be cool to work out details about how our characters started working together. Or, meet in RP.

yeah, before or during the rp is up to you. I figured they'd probably meet/ have met while investigating the same case or something similar. There's also a witch monster hunter now if you want to partner with her. (Then your char could be a bit more aware of the supernatural world.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back