• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

I've Got My Eye On You (1x1 Between The Math Wizard & GeekPride18)

She scoffed. "Well, Tobi...I'll have you know, I have an extremely high pain tolerance." She argued. "I don't need your help. Besides, you're just a glorified housecat." She said and gestured to his appearance. She stood up. "Now scram." She said and picked up her sword, sheathing it on her back again.

"Yes, but you can't regenerate limbs," he'd say with a grin as he swished his tail around. It wasn't fully healed, but was definitely on the right track. "And I have more forms than this, you know! I've got a hybrid form and a human one, just like any other purebred therianthrope. ...I just don't have any clothes, or I'd show you. They're back at my shack in the city."

He was definitely feeling chatty tonight, and he was stubborn to the point of following this hunter back at this point.

She sighed. "You're a little too persistent." Alexis commented. Why was he so chatty? Why was we so....like that? It was weird. And he lives in a shack? How...common, actually. Monsters typically aren't capable of maintaining more than a "shack." Or at least that's what she's been told at HQ. She huffed. "Look, if I let you help me, it won't be pretty. I'll have to keep our alliance a secret. It won't work out. Besides, you annoy the hell outta me so I may end up slicing your throat eventually." She said. She didn't mean to come off as rude, she just stated what was on her mind.

He'd shrug. "So long as you don't use silver on me, I'll heal up rather quick. And I can pose perfectly as a simple housecat. ...Or a human, if you'd prefer. Though, more people are likely going to want to beat me up. But like I said, I could use the training." He'd chuckle with a purr as his tail swayed behind him.

Then his expression and tone became serious. "Look, I know it's not going to be a field of flowers. I wouldn't offer to help without knowing what I'm going to get into."

"Why would people wanna...I don't really care, or wanna know." She said. "And training...I don't know. You're asking and offering an awful lot here. I'd have to think about it." She said. Alexis let out a sigh...first she was sent on the assignment, nearly got vengeance, had vengeance proven as a mistake, and now this....oy. A few minutes of silence passed by.

She huffed. "Look, we won't decide anything here. I've got my eyes on you, Tobias. I don't trust you running around the city, you might be lying to me...so who am I to think you don't have friends to report to? You're coming home with me. At least for tonight. I have some clothes you could wear...an ex boyfriend left them at my place by accident. You can wear those." She said.

"Fair enough. It's been a while since I was last in the city," he'd say cheerily as he padded along at a leisurely pace. "So, where do you live? Well, I guess I'll find out soon enough... What do you do when you're not hunting?" He'd look up at Alexis. "Also, uh...what should I call you?" The curious cat had what felt like millions of questions to ask. It took a good measure of willpower to keep them all from spilling out.

"Do. You. Ever. Shut. Up?" She asked Tobias, annoyed. She started walking, having him follow her. She stayed quiet, ignoring all of his questions and crossing her arms as he kept up behind her. She led him into her apartment complex after about 45 minutes of walking. Several units lined the area, all of the residents had gone to be by now, so she kept quiet as she led him to her place. They got to her door, and she unlocked it with her key, but didn't open it.

"Alright. You don't touch anything, you don't mess with anything, and you sure as hell stay away from the mantle." She said. "I'm Alexis, by the way." She said, finally answering one of his questions.

(I'm gonna head to bed. Seeya tomorrow, g'night! :) )

Tobias flattened his ears back. He wanted to ask why she had walked, but he kept quiet: silently following behind her. Once at the apartment door, Tobias sat down next to Alexis and looked up at her as she spoke.

"You take a lot of the fun out of this." He frowned, then perked his ears back up. "Can I at least take a shower in the morning?"

(Sorry it's so short; I couldn't think of anything x__x)

"Fun? What kind of fun could you possibly be having?" She asked him. "This isn't a sleepover, Kitty. This is me sparing your sorry ass one night on the streets." She rolled her eyes. All she really focused on was the goal of killing the thing that killed her team...her friends. Normally, Alexis was a lot nicer of a person once you knew her, however with her mental state as it is now, she's not very pleasant.

She sighed...she was aware she was being harsh. "Once you're inside, just go sit on the couch while I grab the clothes my ex left. After you...humanize yourself and get dressed, I'll see if I have some leftovers we can split. And sure...shower, do what'cha gotta do in the morning...just please leave after." She said and opened the door, letting both herself and Tobias in.

"The whole world is just one adventure waiting to happen," Tobias stated with an affirming nod. "You don't have to worry about feeding me. I won't turn down a free meal, but I'm fully capable of scavenging and hunting when my stomach starts growling."

As soon as the door was opened, Tobias darted inside the apartment and leaped up onto the couch without any hesitation. As he stood on the couch cushion, his tail swayed and flicked as his nose twitched rapidly: taking in all of the scents. He wanted so desperately to explore to apartment, but was walking on thin glass enough as it was. He settled instead for kneading the cushion--barely using his claws before turning in circles a couple of times and curling up on what was now his cushion. As he lied there, he'd watch Alexis as she moved: eyes wide and nose still twitching with curiosity.

Alexis closed the door behind her. As Tobias darted in and went directly to the couch, she locked the door behind her. Tossing her keys in the bowl on a small table and slipping off her boots at the doorway, she was now ready to walk around. She had a "no shoes indoors" policy she'd strictly enforce on herself and anyone who came inside.

She walked into the living room, glancing at the cat as he made a cushion his. She rolled her eyes. 'What the hell are you doing, Alexis?' She thought to herself. She walked to her bedroom, not even 10 steps from the front door. Small apartment, much? She opened her closet, opened a drawer in one of the plastic storage units and pulled out a pair of mens jeans, underwear, and a t shirt, all of which left behind by her ex. She washed them with the intention of returning them...but she never got around to it. Oh well.

Alexis held the clothes in her hands and walked back to the living room where Tobias sat. She tossed the clothes all in a stack and they landed next to him on the couch. She turned around, her back facing him. "Go ahead and change." She said, her weapons all still sheathed. She didn't plan on leaving the room, he might have a trick up his sleeve! She figured having her back to him would give him enough privacy to turn human and put the clothes on.

Tobias watched as Alexis moved around, and as the pile of clothes was tossed onto the couch. He gave them a curious sniff, and then looked back to Alexis as she told him to get changed.

"Now? Well...alright." He'd shrug and jump onto the floor before beginning the process of turning into a human. His bones creaked and joints popped as they changed shape and alignment. It took him a couple of minutes to undergo the change, and then a minute more to get used to standing on two feet. "Don't peek," he'd tease, then started getting dressed. The clothes were a little loose, but he wasn't about to complain. Once dressed, Tobias rolled his shoulders and sat back down on the couch. "Alright, you can look now."

Alexis pulled out her dagger, forever cautious. She turned around to see Tobias, fully human and fully dressed, sitting on her couch. "Well, at least now I have a face to match the voice and name of someone I really don't like." She said with a smirk. She looked him up and down, inspecting him with her own curiosity. She took a step closer, dagger in hand. "Now...you're going to answer a question for me. Why, and how, would you ever help someone who's goal in life is to kill off you kind as well as the other monsters of the world?"

(sorry if it's not as reactant as she should be to seeing him for the first time as a human, I'm also writing a paper so I'm a tad distracted xD )

Tobias glanced at the dagger and frowned. He was in his most harmless state and still he was being threatened with weapons. He looked back up at Alexis and sighed through his nose.

"To be a therianthrope of any kind is a gift. It's a chance to live among both humans and animals: to understand how the two worlds see each other. I know I use my gift to goof off more than anything, but... What we our, how our bodies work? Our lifespan in practically triple that of a human. I'm still a cub compared to most. Anyway. Like I said earlier, that other werecat is more animal than human. He's a danger to our entire society, and..."

Tobias trailed off as he looked down to his fidgeting hands. With another sigh, he finished his thought. "He needs to be put down. Just because we're not purely human doesn't make us monsters. When we compromise the balance by killing humans or upsetting the balance of nature, that's when we become monsters. ...As for how I can help, well... I can hunt him down and draw him out. I can weaken him. Silver isn't as strong against a pure-blood, but it disrupts our regenerative abilities."

Alexis nodded, listening to what he had to say. "Hmm...so what you're saying is...this other werecat...he's bad news? It seems like there's more to it...something you aren't saying...but I feel as though I've done enough to you." She said and sighed, putting her dagger back in its sheath. She took mental note of what he said: 'Silver isn't as strong against a pureblood, but it disrupts regenerative powers.'

She folded her arms. "Alright....Tobias, if you really want to help me, you can start by promising me you won't pull any tricks around here, and don't touch my weapons. If I even suspect you're up to something...then you're dead. But I won't judge you until I know you...you've been true so far, so I'll give you this chance. I'm not promising anything. But, I can offer a minor alliance. Deal?" She asked, cautiously holding our her hand for a shake. She was looking at him with open and somewhat optimistic eyes.

(I'll probably head to bed in about an hour, by the way. cx )

Tobias pouted as he looked up at Alexis. "...Fine. No pranks inside your apartment, and I won't touch your weapons." He reluctantly reached out to shake her hand. "And as an added bonus, I'll try not to let any trouble follow me home. You're lucky I enjoy staying alive so much." He'd smirk.

He'd draw his hand back and relax on the couch. He'd rest his head against the back and took a deep breath. After a moment of silence, he finally spoke back up. "Thanks for not prying too much."

"Prying? Why would I pry?" She asked, confused. She slipped off her sheaths and holsters, hanging her weapons up on a wall coat-rack. She ran a hand through her hair and sat down on the recliner, across from the couch on the other side of the small coffee table, which had a few coasters on it, as well as a remote, a PS4 controller, a notebook from one of her classes, and a Stormtrooper helmet replica as the centerpiece.

She sighed again. "So...Tobias," she said formally, "what do you normally eat? I'm kind of hungry myself, I have some frozen pizza, leftovers from Olive Garden, and a cheesecake. in the fridge...the cabinets are just full of random crap and dishes." She said, offering a quick college-student-budget meal to him. Her stomach growled.

He'd shrug in response to her first question. "Some people like to pry is all. 'Where are you from? What do you do? Are you seeing anyone? You should meet my granddaughter,'" he'd say in a mock falsetto. "That's why I masquerade as a cat so much. I get to meet people before they meet me."

He fell silent as Alexis started listing the contents in her fridge. At the mention of cheesecake, he sat upright and leaned forward in his seat as quickly as he could manage. "You have cheesecake?" He asked with eyes wide. "That stuff is the BEST."

Alexis nodded. "Well, I certainly don't care about where you're from or what you do...and if I wanted to know if you were seeing anybody, I'd be straight up about it, I don't beat around the bush." She said. "Plus, I don't have kids...let alone grandkids!" She said and gesture to her face, still young and 20.

She nearly jumped when he leaned forward, just a reflex. "Uh...yeah. I have new york style cheesecake, chocolate, strawberry, and this weird kind I got a free sample slice of that has pumpkin in it." She listed. She grinned at his comment of it being the best, "I know, right?!"

Odd...she actually sounded like she was a normal person.

Tobias frowned at the mention of chocolate. "You can keep the chocolate. But can we have the cheesecake?" He was practically bouncing in his seat. Actually, he was literally bouncing on the edge of his seat. "Pleeeeease~?" He tried making his cutest kitten face before remembering he was human.

((Sorry this one's so short xD ;; I think I'm gonna head to bed before I get any sleepier))

"Wow. You're going to be a handful. And if you want a girls opinion, the kitten faces only work...as a kitten. Try working with your eyes more, that tends to work as a human." She said. She stood up. "But yeah, cheesecake comin' up!" She said and walked into the kitchen, opening up the fridge and pulling out a pink box from the bakery. She set it on the small counter and opened it up, revealing a cheesecake with about 2 slices taken out of it from yesterday.

(Same xDD G'night! :) )

Tobias rubbed the back of his neck and stared down at the floor in embarrassment. "I-it's been a while since I was human. It takes me a bit to adjust, that's all."

When Alexis got up, Tobias instinctively stood up to follow, but soon sat back down. He settled back into the couch. He started patting his hands on the cushion as he waited: drumming out a nonsensical little pattern.

Alexis took two slices out of the box and set them each on separate plates. She set a plate on the counter for Tobias. "Come and get it." Shes said and gestured for him to walk over, like a human. She wasn't about to serve him...she'd be caught dead in a pink dress before she waited on him like a servant. She instantly shoved her slice in her face. She didn't really care for silverware, for she was starving.

When he heard her calling him, Tobias bolted off of the couch...and immediately tripped as his feet got caught on the hem of the too-large pants. He hit the floor with a thud, but didn't let that stop him. He scrambled back to his feet, hiked up the pants, and ran the rest of the short distance to the kitchen. He spotted the second plate, stood next to Alexis and looked at her--as if asking for permission--before starting to eat. He took his time: picking off small pieces in order to savor it.

"This is so good," he managed to say between bites, all with an ecstatic look on his face. "It has been way too long. Cheesecake, my first love, I am so sorry for leaving you alone all this time."

Alexis watched as he scrambled like an animal to get over there. Well...maybe the simile wasn't needed. He kind of was one. He fumbled around with his pants, made his way over and started eating...talking to the cheesecake as he did. She raised a brow. "Ya know...I know you're kind of used to being in animal-mode...but maybe tone it down a tad?" She mentioned as she ate her slice. Alexis honestly didn't mind it, but she figured if they were going to work together...they'd have to...ya know...match a little, at least in their actions. Perhaps she'd have him learn more human characteristics by watching her...though she didn't know if it was just his hunger making him more animal. Afterall, it's not like she knew just how human he was.

Alexis finished off her slice and placed it in the sink, she'd wash the dishes later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back