• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

I've Got My Eye On You (1x1 Between The Math Wizard & GeekPride18)

He'd duck his head down in slight shame at Alexis' remark. He'd finish his slice, then copied her by placing his dish in the sink.

"I know I can be a bit...eccentric at times," he'd admit. "I'll work on it. Hit the town tomorrow, interact with people a bit, get back into the swing of things. ...Also, you uh...might want to put something on those scratches." He'd gesture to her face as he mentioned the scratch marks. "Don't want them getting infected."

She scoffed. "The concern is appreciated, but last month a troll sunk its teeth into my leg and I didn't even notice until I showered and saw the marks. Trust me, these scratches won't hurt me." She said, stating her massive pain tolerance. She thought of something else and snapped her fingers. "By the way," she began and took off her solid-black unisex belt, "put this on, the pants are a little big on you, don't need you falling down every two seconds." She said and handed her belt to him. She didn't really need it, as it was only a cosmetic part of her uniform.

Tobias gave a look of genuine shock at the mention of being bitten by a troll. "Wow, that's...wow. I heal fast, and that would hurt even me. Just...wow."

He watched as she took off her belt, and then he stared at it as she held it out to him. He hesitated, but eventually took it, inspected it, and then looped it through the belt loops of his pants before buckling it. Tobias would then look back up at her with a smile. "Thanks. I've, uh...lost a bit of weight. Not like I weighed a lot to begin with. That's...probably not a good thing, huh?" He'd get a slight frown as he continued to ramble.

Alexis raised a brow. "Lost a lot of weight? What, have you been living as a...uh....stray?" She asked, putting him in place of an actual cat. She walked past him out of the kitchen, her ears still listening to whatever he had to say as she walked out and sat back on the couch where he was moments earlier. 'Man...he has some of the worst social skills'....She thought, referring to his rambling.

"Kind of," he admitted. "I've been living in the reserve lately, and I don't always catch something every day. I was trying to hunt--key word trying--when you baited me out. Mistook you for a staff member."

He followed Alexis back as he talked. He sat down on the floor across from the couch and looked up at her. "I'd been considering coming back to the city for a bit, so...this works out," he'd say with a smile.

She looked at him and nodded as he spoke. "Mistook me for...do staff members usually carry weapons and high-tech gear?" She asked, practically spitting the words out. She shook her head.

"Oh really?" She asked. Alexis looked down at Tobias as he sat in the floor. "You know you can sit in a chair, right?" She asked him.

"Hey, I just smelled the food!" Tobias held up his hands in defense and laughed. "I didn't see the weapons until you came out of the bushes threatening to kill me."

Tobias shrugged at the mention of a chair, but he did get up and sit in a chair regardless.

"So...now what?"

"You're asking me?" Alexis defended. She rolled her eyes and threw her arms up. "I don't know...uh...I guess just...take a shower or something, do whatever it is you've gotta do....then in the morning, you leave." She said. She knew she'd be working with Tobias..but she didn't really picture him staying with her any longer than he had to.

He'd nod. "Alright, fair enough. I'll try not to make much noise," he'd say as he got up from the chair and started walking away. He stopped suddenly and looked back at Alexis. "The shower is where, exactly?" He'd smile and laugh nervously.

Alexis sighed. "Last door on your right." She said. She then pointed to the only open door in the hallway. The light was on in the bathroom, and from the doorway of it, a towel could be seen on the floor. Likely the lazy result of Alexis after a shower just tossing it aside after she dried off. She didn't think to think about--as weird as it sounds--that it was very clear a female lived alone and was the only user of the bathroom. Inside, Tobias was sure to see all over her....feminine hygiene products, as well as her "girl" lotions and shampoos, as well as discarded clothing and undergarments. In her defense, it's not as if she planned on bringing a stray werecat home tonight. She propped her feet up on the coffee table.

"Last door on the right, got it." Tobias headed off towards the bathroom and closed the door behind him. He was careful to step around things--trying not to disturb the "natural order" Alexis had going here. He did, however, pluck the towel up from the floor and hung it up for her before turning the water on and rummaging around for a new towel.

He took his time washing the dirt from his hair, and was careful not to leave a mess in the shower when he was done. He dried off and re-dressed before exiting the bathroom. He tried keeping quiet in the event Alexis had already gone to bed.

Alexis hadn't gone to bed, she merely fell asleep in the living room, her feet still propped up on the coffee table. He head was slung back, eyes closed, her entire self was limp, tired from tonight. The tough Hunter-girl was relaxed, asleep, and snoring slightly.

Tobias walked gingerly over to the couch to chance carrying her over to her bed. He picked her up: leaning her head against his shoulder as he carried Alexis over to her bed. He stepped carefully, trying to avoid waking her so he could lie her down on the bed and take his place on the couch.

Alexis remained sound asleep in Tobias' arms. She breathed slowly, the tough girl not putting up a fuss. "J...Jason...." She said in her sleep, thinking she was in his arms...she and her old team member, Jason, had formed a...special bond, before his untimely death. By the time Tobias had set her in her bed, she stopped saying his name, just peacefully sleeping.

Tobias raised a brow at the muttering of the name, but he quickly assumed that it was the name of her ex. But with Alexis sleeping in her own bed, Tobias went back to the couch to sleep.

The next morning, Tobias had left: taking off to where his little shack was in order to get some clothes that fit, as well as access his stash. He made a trip to the grocery store, grabbed a few things, and went back to Alexis' apartment. He stopped outside of her apartment door and stared at it: debating whether or not to knock. She had told him to leave, which he had, but she had never said anything about not coming back...

Alexis had awoken the nest morning, hair in a mess, her clothes feeling way too tight. She slept in her Hunter clothing after all. She tore the clothes off, not literally, and changed into something more casual, something to wear around the house. No class today, and she wouldn't go back to HQ until later in the evening. She brushed her hair in the bathroom mirror before making her way into the living room. Alexis looked down at the couch, no Tobias. He must have left like he agreed to. She sighed softy. "Damn, Alexis...what were you thinking, letting that guy into your home?" She asked herself.

She glanced at a framed photo on the wall, a photo of her team. From left to right, stood Connor, Ethan, Jason, Alexis, Hunter, and Violet. She let out a huge sigh, sitting down in place of Tobias on the couch, resting her elbows on her knees and her forehead on hands. Alone...that's what she was in the world. Alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back