Its a Dogs Life

14hca14

Two Thousand Club
I just made a sign up page and I would prefer that you use that page to sign up. Here is the link- http://www.rpnation.com/showthread.php/1195-Its-a-Dog-Life-SU?p=24665#post24665

In this RP your dog lives in a special sanctuary created to help dogs in need of a second chance live out their lives happily. You were rescued off the streets or from a kill shelter by one of the handlers either Gwyn or Matt.

Setting

You live on a huge property that is completely fenced and safe but you never feel trapped. In the middle of the property is a huge barn with stalls lining the walls. Each dog has his/her own separate stall with a little wooden den in the corner with extra bedding. The center of the barn is open with space for the dogs to roam and play. At night all dogs must come back to the barn if you aren’t there by dark your handler will come find you. The barn has cameras so the handlers can break up fights but it will take them a few minutes to get there. The property is huge with forests and hill and streams to romp through.

Handlers

Gwyn and Matt feed each dog in there stalls which are painted according to the dog’s personality. After that the dogs are let out and they are free to roam the property. However the handlers always know where you are because each dogs wears a collar with a tracking device in it.

*These handlers can be played by any person at any time they are just there as caretakers but they aren’t really involved

Rules

Please post at least two to three sentences

You have to follow my rules

Romance is fine but keep it PG-13

If you RP without me please limit it to two pages Thanks:)

Have fun J

Name:

Breed:

Looks:

Personality:

Mate:

Pups:

Handler:

Collar:

History:

*************************************************************************************

Name: Rose

Breed: Pit bull

Looks: She is on the thin side with scars from her past as fighter. Her eyes are a deep chocolate brown and if she loosens up they can seem kind.

Personality: Rose is tough because of her hard life but underneath it all is a kind dog. She has learned to protect herself by being harsh. Once you earn her trust she will be loyal forever but get on her bad side and you will see how scary she can be.

Mate: none but hopefully she will find one :)

Pups: Her first litter was sold while the others died

Handler: Gwyn

Collar: picture

History: She was born in the fighting industry. Her father was a killer while her mother was just used for breeding purposes. She began fighting at the age of one so people could see how good she was before she entered the breeding world. As her owners business declined so did the amount of food she received and the rigors of breeding began to take its toll. She was pregnant when her owner was finally busted and the commotion caused her to miscarriage. When she reached the shelter she lived away from the other dogs for weeks before Gwyn finally rescued her.

5840807-black-and-white-pit-bull-laying-in-grass.jpg

RoseCollar.jpg

I agree with Hanako. I own The Doghouse rp, and welcome you to join it, but this is just sort of a copy of my rp. Since I haven't seen your name before, I believe you might be new so I'm not going to be mean (if I actually have a mean side). If you could, could you delete this thread and join mine?

He's/She's free to create any rp that he likes, even if it's similar to someone else's.

Since Sweetypiepenny's RP already started and has people posting in it, you might want to join her's though but by no means feel obligated to.

Cheers. ^^

Name: Rascal

Breed: mix

Looks: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=8+month+old+dog&hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=aSAfqlH2iWivFM:&imgrefurl=http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pets4homes/home.nsf/dogsforsale!openform%26Breed%3DOther/Mixed%2520Breed%26St%3D441&docid=lQBcU-2GZmpDvM&w=262&h=350&ei=AHVJTvn8OomesQL9vv2RCA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=870&vpy=141&dur=15553&hovh=260&hovw=194&tx=104&ty=151&page=3&tbnh=130&tbnw=94&start=48&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:48&biw=1600&bih=595

Personality: Rascal is a very silly and adenturous puppy. He loves to play and is very cuddly. He can be a bit annoying sometimes, though.

Mate: none

Pups: none

Handler: Matt

Collar:
images
it doesn't fit him well

History: Rascal was abbondon by his owners when he was two months old, when Matt fond him eating out of trash cans.

Name: Prinael, often referred to as Prinny

Breed:cocker spaniel dachshund mix

Looks:http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images23/DockerDachshundCockerSpanielBella10MonthsOldDogHybrid.JPG

Personality: Even tempered, good in nature, likes to ramble and teach, generally tired, but content with life, though she has a bit of 'sadness' about her.

Mate: Died at her old "home"

Pups: Had four that were given away.

Collar:http://www.doberman-breed-info.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Leather-Buckle-Dog-Collar-Doberman_LRG.jpg

History: Prinny was born in a shelter, sold at the age of 1 to a family with two children. For the first few years, the family was nice, and she was happy and healthy. Then, the family had another child, and as it grew, it was horrid to her, always pulling her tail, smacking her, and screaming. And always, Prinny would get scolded over the child. By the time the dog was 6 six, they had gotten another dog around her age to keep her company, not knowing it was a male.

By the time they realized it, the two had fallen for each other, and Prinny had had four pretty little pups. Unable to keep them, they sold the pups the second they were old enough to be.The youngest child, still the terror to the two, was old enough then to actually inflict damage, and in defense to something the child had done, Prinny's mate had bitten him.

After all was said and done, they had put down Prinny's mate, and began to be wary of her, as well. Soon, she was shifted to a caged in little part of the backyard with the porches underside as shelter from the weather, and as the days went by, she was often forgotten, or worse, the child came to 'play.' A year later, her gate had been left open, and she had ran. Only to be found a few months later by Matt.

I am messaging Sweetiepiepenny right now. I really had no idea it was so simliar I was just creating another dog rp. I came up with this RP a couple of years ago. I'm going to put this Rp on hold until I get a reply from Sweetiepiepenny and I am sorry if people thinking I am copying her.

Thanks Dog rps are going to be kind of similiar but I think mine is a little more like the dogs are kind of wild and free. I joined the Doghouse RP and I like it but I think mine is different.

--- Merged Double Post ---

Sweetiepiepenny gave me the okay to keep this blog. Everyone is accepted so far.

Rose wakes early in the morning and pads stiffly out of her den. She stretches feeling every msucle in her body release slowly. She shakes before sniffing her food bowl. "Empty, but it would soon be full." she thinks with a smile. After lapping up a few sips of water she sits down by her door and waits. She rubs her ear on the red door to stall and listens to the rustle of her against the wood. She jumps up onto the door so she can peak out of the stall.

Name: Doc

Breed: He is most likely a labrador and a hound mix

Looks: In his prime Doc was a deep chocolate brown but time has not been kind to him. His skin sags more and his fur is a bit patchy in places. His face is greying and his eye sight has declined quit a bit.

Personality: Doc is pretty friendly but he does let anyone push him around. He demands respect but he is kind and forgiving most of the time. He is very wise and loves to help others as best he can.

Mate: She passed a few years ago

Pups: They are still with his old master

Collar: He likes to keep it simple so his collar is literally three pieces of twine braided together and tied loosely to his neck.

History: Doc's mother, Lady, was a simple hound dog. She was kind and loyal and she could track anything for miles. His father,a labrador called Bear, was a champion birding dog. His owner always bragged about his lineage but Doc's mother scolded him if he tried to brag about his breeding. Lady taught him to be kind and decent and she always stressed the importance of never biting the master. Doc was a 5 months old and his siblings were long gone before he noticed how his master would act differently if he drank out of a special bottle. He noticed how his mother hid him when his master came in stumbling. He later learned how abusive his master really was but he never bit the man. When Doc was a year old his mother died everyone mourned inlcuding his master. The master buried Lady under a tree a stone marked her grave. After that Doc trained everyday with his master and things became easier. He won his master many hunting awards and the competions were fun except for the fact that his master drank out of the special bottle everytime he won. As Doc aged he was retired to stud but he never really liked it. His owner was disgusted with him and began to use Doc as his personal punching bag. One night his master passed out in the middle of one of his beating sessions. Matt found Doc in the woods and brought him to the Sanctuary.

old-hounddog.jpg

Name: Shiloh Age: 1 month Gender: Male Breed: Beagle Looks: Personality: nice, fun loving, enjoyable, adventurous, and somewhat clumsy Mate: don't you think I'm a little young to have one? Pups: I am one! Handler: Gwyn Collar: http://remarkabledogs.com/wp-content...s1-266x300.jpg Please don't mind the dog, I just found the collar that I really liked. Its a little to big for Shiloh though and it comes off every once in a while. On the bone part of the collar, it says Shiloh. History: Shiloh was brought to life on the streets from two loving beagle parents. He had the perfect life until he was 1 week old. While his parents were crossing the street to get some food for him, they were hit by a car and died within minutes. When the paramedics came, they spotted Shiloh trying to hide behind a street lamp. The paramedics immediately contacted Gwyn and she brought Shiloh to the Sanctuary. Rank: Shiloh is a pup. (I'm not sure if that's a ranking.... I guess when he gets older we'll change it.)

--- Merged Double Post ---

Here's what Shiloh looks like:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41107008@N00/3978565885/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Sitting patiently by the door to her stall, Prinny's tail was wagging rapidly. It was light out, which meant Matt would be there soon, and she could go back to 'snooping' about that rabbit hole she'd found. Not to mention the good food she'd have in her dish, and the possible friendly scratch behind the ear.

Cocking her head to the side, she listened closely. The sound of movement made her tail wag harder, to where she was almost vibrating herself. Of course, she knew that her hearing was going and it very well could have been nothing, but she was still overly joyful at seeing the nice man who treated her so kindly.

Rose pricked her ear as she heard a car pull up. She could smell the other dogs that Gwyn and Matt had dropped off the night before. The handlers walked in the door and than straight into the feed rooms. They came out laden with trays full of dog food bowls. Gwyn walked to her stall and scratched her ear before setting her bowl in the stall. Rose immeaditly began to eat.

Doc woke to the sound of Matt calling his name. Doc stood up stiffly and limped out of his den. He wagged his tail at Matt before devouring the food he had set down for him.

After a few minutes, Prinny heard the soft sound of shoes stopping outside of her stall. Letting out a soft bark of a greeting, she heard Matt laugh. As a bowl was set down in her stall, she wagged her tail a little harder, before a hand settled onto her head, scratching behind her ear, before he moved on again. Quite content with it, she slowly started to eat.

Shiloh squirmed in Gwen's arms, excited that he will be meeting new dogs. "Easy, puppy." Gwen said and got out of the car. She walked towards the stalls and set Shiloh down in one. He sniffed around the stall, getting the fresh aroma into his nose. He started to smell other smells that weren't from his stall, but in the ones next to his. "Aroooooooooo! Aroooooooooo!" He howled at the stall next to him, wanting to see the dog that was in there. His noise filled the barn with howling and Gwen ran with his food to his stall. "Shiloh! Shush!" She said and patted his head, then left him so he could eat his food. The pup started to eat the food but stopped. It was nothing like the food that he ate on the streets.

(I know! I based him off of my doggy but my doggy is 4 and he's somewhat cuter. BTW, do the dogs talk to eachother?)

(yep)

Rose was suprised to here a loud howlingbeside her. She walked over to the divder between the stalls and peaked over. There was a small beagle puppy next door to her. Before she could say anything her stall door was opened. Rose trotted out of the stall and looked around at the new dogs. There was a hound, a dashcund and two or three puppies. She nodded to them politely before jogging out of the barn.

Doc limped out of the stall slowly. He looked around cautiously.

"Open up!" Shiloh barked as he tried to open the gate. HIs voice somewhat had a tint of baby in it. (As in he couldn't pronounce "r" correctly)Gwen sighed as Shiloh started to bark again. "Ok Shiloh." She let him out and he darted towards the outside, excited to smell new smells. Gwen's attention turned towards the pup's food bowl, which was still full. "poor pup. Used to the street food."

As Shiloh ran around, he spotted Rose and smiled. "hwi! I'm Shiwoh!"

Rose was suprised by the puppy but she smiled kindly to him. "Hello Shiloh, I am Rose," she barked and crouched down to his level.

Rascal yawned, he had just woken up from his nap. He stretched and rolled in the soft grass. Wanting to play he went to go see if anyone wanted to join him.

(Sorry, crap post.)

Doc limped out of the barn and almost ran into a small puppy. "Sorry," he barked before laying down in a patch of sun. He stretched out allowing sun to hit every inch of his body. It felt wonderful.

Finishing her food, Prinny stretched out, yawning. With a slight ache in her old bones, she walked slowly out of her stall, nose to the ground. Sniffing she moved a bit faster, she could still smell those rabbits faintly. Following the scent, she looked a bit weird, walking in circles and at random angles that led no where.

Doc watched the daschund follow a scent and thought about helping her. He stood up stiffly and limped over to her. "My name is Doc, you mind a little company?" he asked a cautious smile curling across his face.

Looking up as someone spoke, she smiled back, her tail wagging a little. "I'd love some company, Doc. And, my name is Prineal, though, please, call me Prinny."

Doclowered his head to the ground his ears flopped in front of his eyes. The rabbit's scent bounced all over the place and it doubled back a couple of times making it hard to track. "We must look crazy, two dogs zig-zagging and circling for no obvious reason," he said relaxing into the scent. This was his kind of hunt no pressure just rambling along for the fun of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back