• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ( it takes all the stars to align ) ••• starfallen.txt & redrobinwing

・゚ ✦ ° FOREST AU LAIT ー
lazy song lyrics for thread title hnngg
alright, so here's the thread!
i'm just assuming the beginning is gonna be like the canon KS beginning, except hisao meets a lot more girls lmao. you get to choose which girl you want after we rp out hisao's meeting with all of them, and to make things easier you're getting the good end no matter what anyways. it'd be fun to just try to figure out how everything worked out in the end with these girls, haha!
so, uh, yeah, if you can, please start out with hisao doing whatever. i'm pretty sure i have a character that could be having business anywhere in yamaku or the town nearby. c:

A light breeze, neither cold nor warm, seemed to flow throughout the mostly brown-and-green classroom. Hisao stood in front of a class of students and did his best to not look too awkward even though he knew his efforts were in vain. The teacher, Mutou, a rather tired-looking man with dark hair and a bit of scruff on his face, was introducing him. It didn't start off well; he got the boy's name wrong, which was made obvious when he asked Hisao to write his name on the blackboard. Wincing slightly when he realized the mistake, the teacher moved past it and started speaking to the class. Though his immediate instinct was to cringe, Hisao did his best to hide just how uncomfortable he felt and simply stayed up at the front of the classroom while he waited for a seat. After a few moments, Mutou turned back to him and spoke. "We're going to be doing some group work today, so that'll give you a chance to talk with everyone. Is that okay with you?" His voice was tinged with the same exhaustion that colored the dark circles under his eyes. Hisao let out a small sigh of relief as he spoke. "Yeah, it's fine with me."

GATHER WHILE THE MOON IS BRIGHT
share a moment in the scattered light.

Ah, it was such a nice day today...

Her eyelids fluttered for a second, and an audible yawn drifted around the room from a rather wispy-looking girl, sitting in the second-to-last row of the room. A few students turned to face her, as if seeing if there was something interesting about a yawn. Some even giggled, yet the girl didn't seem to notice her little transgression until someone sitting next to her gently shook her to at least a clear enough state of consciousness. The small commotion even finally got the attention of the student council president after her pink-haired translator pointed it out to her.

"Mm?" Her eyes struggled to open, but eventually the girl managed it. She sat up straight, arms unfolding into the air to stretch. "Yes?" She looked around the room, lowering her arms back down - nothing different, she supposed, other than a name on the board and people looking at her. "What's happening? Why's there a name on the board?" She focused on the name for a second - Hisao Nakai. Huh. How interesting.

More giggles. Apparently this girl and her sleeping tendencies are particularly amusing to the class. "There's a new student, Kirino," the student who woke her up replied.

"Ah." She yawned again, although this time she did not let her head rest on top of her folded arms on the desk. "That's nice."

A small, barely noticable frown appeared on Mutou's lips when he noticed the tired girl near the back of the room. He didn't say anything for a while, simply watching the girl as he seemed to be lost in thought. Eventually, he spoke, though he didn't turn his gaze. "You'll be partnered with Kirino." Hisao looked to the girl and raised an eyebrow. It looked like the girl had literally just woken up, and even as they spoke, she yawned as if she was going to doze off again. He silently wondered if her sleepiness had to do with why she attended the school, and decided against protesting. Instead, he offered a simple, "Okay." before taking a seat beside her.

"Okaaayyy." Kirino said that word slowly, stretching out that last syllable more than it should be. Despite her sounding exasperated, however, the girl turned to face Hisao, a little smile on her face. Her eyes, half-closed by her droopy eyelids, gave her an almost ditzy look. "Hello," she greeted, voice light and airy. "I'm Yumeka Kirino, but some people here like to call me by my last name. Politeness and all that."

Yumeka, even with her drowsiness, looked like she would stand out in a crowd no matter what. Her hair, waist-long and silver-hued, had an almost bouncy look to it, curling in a way that looked like it was made of clouds. Her eyes were more boring - they were gray, the kind of gray that would fill a dreary sky on a rainy day. "So, what are we supposed to do again?" she asked, looking at the boy sitting next to her. "I mean, I know we're doing group work, but, you know. I was asleep."

Hisao offered the girl a polite smile. "Hisao Nakai. It's nice to meet you." She seemed nice enough, certainly a bit odd, but not in a bad way. He looked down to the paper that was placed neatly on his desk and scanned it for a description of their assignment. "Oh, it doesn't look too difficult." As he continued reading, his eyes widened slightly when he saw just how many steps there were. "Maybe a bit long though." He looked back to Yumeka. "I can get started on the first part, then maybe you can do the second?" It was mostly just taking notes and writing a few short descriptions, so dividing the work seemed like the most efficient option. "Maybe we can get done early."

Yumeka leaned over, taking a small peek at the paper before immediately realizing which one it was. "Oh, that one." She nodded, before rummaging into her bag and taking out a sheet of paper and a pencil. "Gotcha. If I start to look like I'm about to fall asleep, just give me a shake, alright?"

Granted, she always looked like she was about to fall asleep. Still, Yumeka took out her own copy of the paper Hisao had, starting exactly on the second part of the assignment. Thankfully, her sleepiness didn't get in the way of the work, writing about as fast as any student would.

"Oh, um, alright." Hisao's gaze lingered on the girl as she began her work. She didn't seem too odd; he'd expected the students at Yamaku to be pretty different from normal students. That was probably unfair of him, though. They were just normal kids afterall, maybe with one or two things that set them apart from the average teenager, but it wasn't right to judge them for that. Hisao frowned at himself and started his work to get his mind away from those thoughts. As he started writing things down, he figured he'd try to get to know his partner a little better. "So, Yumeka, any hobbies you enjoy?"

Yumeka looked up from her paper, stopping herself from writing for a bit. She tilted her head to the right, thinking about it for a second. What did she enjoy? Well, sleeping's definitely one thing, but it's kind of something she couldn't control, so does that really count? The girl panicked internally for a bit, before she realized something - she had a music box collection. That counted, right?

"I collect music boxes," she finally said, a little bit sheepishly. "Sometimes I make them, too. I knew how to make them since I was... about twelve, I think." Yumeka was a bit embarrassed telling him about her collection, but she ultimately didn't mind. She was here to make friends, after all, and this is what friends do, right? "I guess reading counts, but I don't particularly enjoy it."

She turned back to her own paper and was about to start writing again, before she looked back at Hisao. "What about you?"

Hisao listened intently as he did his work. It wasn't too odd of a hobby, he thought. A lot of people collected things, and music boxes were sort of neat in their own way. "That's cool." He attempted a friendly smile and opened his mouth to answer her question, but paused. Truth be told, he wasn't sure he had many hobbies. He enjoyed chess from time to time, and he used to play soccer a bit with his old classmates, but he wasn't particularly attached to either. Reading was one thing he enjoyed, but apparently she wasn't a huge fan of it. Still, it was better than nothing. "Um, I like to read I guess. And I used to play a bit of soccer too, but I'm not very good."

Yumeka was back to writing again, not even looking up from her paper. She still nodded as a reply, too, a smile still on her face. When she heard that he used to play soccer, though, she stopped and shot a glance at him. "Used to? Why'd you stop?" she asked, before realizing that the reason was probably something personal. It was too late to take it back, though, so the girl could only hope that he didn't take some kind of offense from that question.

The sudden question and glare nearly made Hisao flinch in surprise. She was quick with her response, and the way she worded it made there seem like there was some bite behind her words. It took a few seconds for him to formulate a good response, he wasn't very good at thinking on his feet. "Well, I really only played with my friends from my old school. Everyone else played, so it was just sort of something to do." It was a bit of a lame response if he was being honest with himself, but it was the truth.

Yumeka mentally sighed in relief - he didn't take any offense, good. Maybe she actually had a chance at keeping a friend now. "That makes sense," she replied, before going back to her work. She wondered whether or not to add anything to the conversation, but in the end decided against it. It would be weird to pour out her whole life story now.

After a while, she straightened up in her seat, stretching. She even yawned once more. "Well, I'm done with my part," she announced, a content little smile on her face. "You?"

Hisao followed the girl's example and stayed silent for the rest of their work. As he was finishing up, she let out a yawn and said announced that she'd finished. He nodded. "Yeah, finishing up right now." His pencil scratched against the paper and marked a few quick, messy lines as he sped up to complete the assignment. "That should be good." Looking up to Mutou, he seemed to be reading something at his desk. Class was almost over, so it seemed there wasn't anymore work to do.

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES
and i could still breathe and survive ー

It was only when lunch started that Hoshiko Akagawa finally retreated out of her hiding spot known as the roof. Barely slipping past the two girls who always seemed to eat up here, Hoshiko made her way to the lunchroom. The case holding her guitar was slung around her shoulder, almost colliding with some people walking beside her. She hefted the case up, this time holding it up so that it won't move so much while she walked.

"Sorry, excuse me," she said, barely audible through the chattering of the lunchroom. The lines were already getting quite long, and she didn't really have any money to even buy lunch today, either... Hoshiko sighed, before deciding to just sit at a lunch table in the corner of the room and wait for lunch to end. Hopefully her teacher didn't find her here - she was not in the right mood to get scolded again.

The girl sat down, making herself look as unnoticeable as possible. She half-wished that someone would find her and decide to talk, so that she would actually have someone to talk to today, but things like that never happen in real life, right?

Letting out a small sigh as he looked around the lunchroom, Hisao couldn't help but feel a bit weird. At first glance, everything might have seemed normal. There were a lot of students were in line getting their lunch, and any who weren't were sitting down at a table eating their food. But, paying loser attention, the various disabilities of each student became more apparent. One girl with a missing arm was in line to get food, another guy was sitting in a wheelchair and seemed to be missing a leg. Again, Hisao chastised himself for being so weirded out by everything. It wasn't right to judge them, especially since he had his own health issues that were probably worse than what a lot of the students had.

Once he got his lunch, he looked around the room in search of a free seat. He didn't spot Yumeka, so sitting with her was out of the question. He hadn't really met any other students, so it seemed like he'd just have to sit wherever there was an empty space. It didn't take him long to find a spot beside a rather short girl who was wearing an eyepatch. He attempted a small, friendly smile. "Is this seat taken?"

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES

"A-ah?"

Well, maybe real life did work this way.

Hoshiko blinked a few times, a bit lost on what to say. There were a hundred different things - "no, you can sit," "go ahead, it isn't taken," "hey my name's Hoshiko I'm the school weirdo it's nice to meet you"...

Maybe she shouldn't say that last one.

"Um, no, it isn't taken," she finally said, stuttering a little bit on her words. Should she say more? Is there even anything more to say? Hoshiko gulped down a nervous lump in her throat, before finally managing to say, "Y-you come here often?"

Hoshiko didn't notice just how dumb that question was until she said it out loud. Out loud in front of this guy who she had just met. She spent a few solid moments thinking about the horrific question she had just blurted out. Holy shit, Hoshiko. Oh my god.

Hisao slowly raised an eyebrow in confusion. Usually, that question wouldn't make sense, especially if she'd have asked it to another student. It still didn't make sense really, but the fact that this was his first time in the lunchroom meant that, technically, he didn't actually go there often. He stood there for a second or two, the same awkwardness from before starting to creep up his spine as he failed to form a response. He was determined to push it away though, so he simply sat down, shook his head, and smiled a bit. "Ah, no, not really. Today's actually my first day here." He held out a hand in greeting to the girl. "My name is Hisao, it's nice to meet you."

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES

Oh... oh, wow. Hoshiko messed up, but in the end, it worked out...? That doesn't happen often. He isn't leaving from the second-hand embarrassment, either. That definitely doesn't happen often.

"My name's Hoshiko," she replied, nervously taking his hand and shaking it. "Welcome to Yamaku, I guess." The noise in the lunchroom had dwindled down slightly - now that a large part of the students that were here to get lunch were now spread out around the school in their own chosen areas, there was significantly less chatter. She looked around a for a second - not to be disrespectful or anything, but just to try to calm herself down a little bit.

The girl looked back to Hisao again after the quick mental health break, asking, "So how's the school so far?"

Hisao took the opportunity to look around the room as well. It wasn't quite as busy as it had been before, in fact it was actually kind of nice now. It was still a school lunch room, but things were a little more calm.
He turned his attention back to Hoshiko. "It's cool I guess." Definitely different from any other school he'd been to, but he wasn't sure it was a good idea to bring that up. Plus, he was starting to get more used to things, which brought the weirdness factor down a notch or two. "It's a nice campus, and the people are pretty nice so far." To be fair, he hadn't met many people yet; just a couple of teachers, Yumeka, and now Hoshiko, but still, three-for-three in terms of politeness at the very least. "How long have you been going here?"

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES

"Oh, around two years, I think? I wasn't here for the first year of high school." Hoshiko smiled, starting to get more comfortable around Hisao. He seemed nice, which was definitely a good thing. "I moved here back then. Some stuff happened. Just a normal Tuesday." She giggled a little bit, hoping it would amuse him as well. She didn't want to seem too boring.

"But, uh, I didn't really mind. This school is great. It takes a bit to get used to, though..." Hoshiko smiled nervously. There was definitely something else on her mind, but was it even okay to mention it? Would it be rude?

For now, she opted not to say it. It would be rude. "So, um... any friends yet?" she asked, tilting her head to the right.

To Hisao's mild surprise, Hoshiko was actually pretty nice to talk to. Sure, their conversation had stared out a little weird, but now she seemed to be getting more comfortable with talking to him, which was good. She was nice too, which was definitely a good thing as well. "Yes. Well, sort of. I met this girl named Yumeka, and she seemed pretty cool. Other than her though, I haven't really met many other people." He gave a light shrug as he finished his sentence. He figured he'd make more friends as time went on, it was only his first day after all.

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES

Hoshiko perked up at the mention of a familiar name. She considered mentioning knowing Yumeka for a second, but realized that would be driving the conversation to be about her instead of him. "Well, I mean, you just met me. If I even count," she said timidly, as if testing the waters for now. She really hoped that didn't sound weird or creepy. Actually, yeah, that definitely seemed to sound creepy in her mind, so she quickly thought of a different topic to talk about.

"S-so, um... uh..."

Nope. Nothing coming up. Wow, Hoshiko, you are absolutely dumb.

Again, Hisao was taken aback slightly by Hoshiko's words. It was a weird statement, and he had no idea how to respond to it. Of course she counted, she seemed nice, but it was just a weird thing to say. He could tell she realized her mistake when she started tumbling over her words. It almost made him feel a bit bad. Still, she was trying, and he was liking her so far, so he figured he'd try and help out. "Yeah, and you of course. What sort of things do you like to do? Any hobbies?" It was an awkward transition, but it was the quickest way he figured to get away from any awkwardness that was starting to arise.

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES

Ah, thank god, a good question.

"Oh, um, guitar's definitely one of them," Hoshiko replied eagerly. "I practice a lot. I've been learning ever since I got it as a gift." She grinned, obviously proud about her little hobby. She hefted the case holding her guitar, showing it off a little bit to Hisao. "And I guess I sing too. I'm not very good at it, though..." Hoshiko smiled, and for a second she looked like she was about to say more until she heard the chime of the bell.

Well, that sucks.

The girl let the tiniest pout slip into her expression. "Man, lunch is too short these days," she complained, before standing up out of the chair, hand holding the strap attached to her guitar case. "It's been nice talking, Hisao." Hoshiko smiled, before starting to leave - probably making her way towards the roof again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back