Story [Isekai Hell] Super Sentai Squidgirl: Vol. 1

Femboy

Chaos Incarnate
Roleplay Type(s)
ideados.png
A short story for the August Writing event for Isekai Hell
Themed 'Alternative-Life', a non-canon short story featuring an IH character living sometime, somewhere in the future.
2734 words

Isekai Hell: Squink's CS

Squink was busy trying to keep her mind away from the rabble that was going on amongst the partygoers. She was stuck at a house-party of rich and genius people who were more-or-less hosting a convention for all kinds of sciences and inventions in some guy's ridiculously large and expensively stuffed mansion. She considered whether or not it was a flex of his wealth, or an immense compensation for something that clearly wasn't his ego. As somewhat fascinating as whatever the attendees and host were all bragging amongst themselves and gossiping over, Squink wasn't invited as a guest in the slightest. She was merely present as a paid janitor, although she was at least making a lot out of it. She twitched an annoyed glance at an entrepeneur and his date who passed by as they mockingly spilled wine in front of her for the 'lower-class employee' to deal with. It was blatantly an exaggeration of how much they could get away with, but it was entirely an insult. Grovelling quietly as she scratched at her neck in slight annoyance and used telekinesis to pull her mop bucket along and deal with the mess without the use of hands, she heard the disrupting voice of the host call for her attention like she was a lost dog.

"Octopus, come here ma'am, I have important need of you, don't keep me waiting please~!" his voice called from across the room in an almost humiliating tone. Squink was not a violent or spiteful person, but she was still tempted to give the host a mentally projected reminder on how incapable he would be with nothing but snooty partyguests as company. Quivering her curled facial tentacles in discontent as she reluctantly came over to the host, mop and bucket floating along in catchup after she finished cleaning the intentional spill; she sighed and tried to clear it out of her system as to not offset anything with a bad mentality.

"Yes, sir? Is there something you need? I was busy cle-" Squink asks in the most willing tone of calm she could, before the host cut her off. Despite his wealth, he couldn't even pay attention to someone else.
"I'm going to be needing the space around here and in the neighbouring atrium, and I've already hired a post-clean up crew that doesn't include you. Go dust and freshen up the storage closet in the first east hall, then go home after you're done. Don't fry yourself in fear Calamari, you'll get paid your full work hours" he answered, not leaving a moment for second thought as to not waste his time any further discussing with a temporary janitor. It made sense, but was the insult necessary? Muttering harsh considerations under her breath as she reluctantly pulled herself away to finish her instructed work, she found the closet she was looking for as she rooted around for a switch.

She flicked a light switch as the surprisingly large room was lit, closing the door behind her to ignore the growing sound of party guests as she realised it felt like a miniature warehouse. Not only so, but there was so much unwanted cool stuff just thrown away to be forgotten by the greedy and ignorant. She only had to go home after she was done cleaning up the room a little, and by the looks of it nobody had been in here for a year or so. Besides, she was all alone and was tempted by how many ridiculously silly or undesired inventions ended up to never be seen by the light of day.

"Hm, I'm sure if I handle myself responsibility and stay quiet, nobody will think bad of it and I can take a little look. Besides, I'm supposed to freshen up the room and what's in it, so touching things is just part of the paid job" Squink hummed softly to herself in a delighted tone, her facial expression flushed with childish joy as she rubbed her hands together in devious intent.

Squink played around with all sorts of gimmicky tools and pointlessly unnecessary technology and weaponry that may or may not have been illegal for multiple minutes, making sure to not be as so chaotic where her nonsense attracts the attention of other people. Fiddling around with a strange Jack-in-the-Box, she winded it to see what it did only for it to pop open and have nothing inside.
"Huh, I guess they didn't finish all of them... " Squink mumbled with a small amount of disappointment, floating the box to a shelf with her mental powers as she sighed.
"There isn't much interesting here after all, no wonder these all failed" the ilithid mumbled as a delayed, teleporting Jack-in-the-Box head had chosen to sprout itself from the ground behind her, wielding a taser crudely forced into its mouth at her backside to startle her enough to make her trip into a pile of cardboard boxes.

The squid blinked twice as she sat up to see what scared her so, seeing the visage of the head as it laughed before ceasing to exist. Squinting in confusion and annoyance, she floated back the box to see if it had any noting to it only to find a ruined sticker that gave brief explanation to an unpredictable scare as well as an absurd theorised price tag.
"That's... enough, for Squinky" she sighed as she rubbed her face, she had seen everything she wanted to. Except for one thing, which revealed itself once she pulled herself out of the boxes she fell over. Picking up the odd uniform she saw crumpled untidily, she returned to the handy potential of telekineses to flatten out the uniform and give her view of the whole thing. Squink held a fist to her chin in pondering, seeing an accompanied helmet half fallen out of a tipped cardboard box.

Yes! She recognised this, it was one of those full coloured suits that those characters on kids shows would wear. Very simple, hid the entire wearer, although questionably almost-skintight and having no defensive qualities at all for a 'superhero' of sorts. She didn't think there was ever a purple one of these she ever saw, yet coincidentally was so the color of the outfit. From assumption it was for someone much younger and smaller than her but with enough effort she could probably wear it. She stared in silence at the outfit for a solid minute.

"The Thala'muul Battery is mine, with this I will create my ultimate superweapon and will be able to conquer the multiverse!" Dark Emperor Moby proclaimed as the 12 foot extraterrestrial warlord raised up an unpowered experimental battery pack in his hand. To most, his stature and solid black full suit of alien armour would strike fear into the hearts of any innocent civillian caught in his warpath. Dust was kicked up as a silhouette had risen from amongst rubble to stand against such an evil tyrant then and there.

"Not so fast, Emperor! You may have the Battery for now, but you're not going to leave so easily!" a girly and non-intimidating voice threatened in return as she coughed gently at the uncleanliness in the air as she fanned it away from her mouth. Proudly eyeing her target, she prepared herself for confrontation.

"Haha, you again. I thought our last confrontation at Dacket's End would have convinced you to give up. Nevermind that, you are to lose once and for all here and now, Squink Ranger!" the Dark Emperor threatened as he used his dark energy powers to magically pick up piles of trash and rubble to throw it her way. He had perfectly calculated the trajectory of every lob, she could not avoid it. His plan was flawless, until even the villain himself was jawdropped at her even better calculated response! Squink Ranger flawlessly dodged everything with such finesse, stopping the last projectile with her own mental psychic power in midair as she crushed into dust with nothing but her mind and big brain power directly in front of him.
"Your power is strong, but it is no match for me. Give it up now, or else!" Squink Ranger squeaked at her adversary as she raised an eyebrow to the Dark Emperor laughing at her confidence, his head shaking as he admired but also pitied her.

"Oh what an innocent fool you are, Squink Ranger. I have no need to fight you any more, my escape plan is already here" the Dark Emperor smirked as his super-cool spaceship revealed itself out of its invisibility cloak.
"See, I perfectly knew the timing on when to set the automatic unveiling for when it was best and would ruin your stupid joy in realisation" He added as he mockingly pointed and laughed in her direction. He pulled out a remote and pressed a button as he had his ship's tractor beam raise him back up so he could take his leave, but Squink Ranger refused to let him escape. The entire multiverse was at stake. Clenching her fists as she willed her mental strength to pull him out of the tractor beam with her telekinesis, she audibly gasped and stared up as it had no affect.
"Nice try, Whalebait, but my spaceship has anti-Squink Ranger power aura that nullifies all of your mental powers!" he spoke, Squink Ranger considering how ridiculous yet genius his secretive counterplan was. No matter, she could think of something even if she only had a few seconds.

"Think Squink Ranger! The Multiverse depends on it!" she panicked as she noticed a photographer who was taking photographic evidence of the confrontation as she snatched his camera from his hands. "Good civillian, I have need of this, I thank you for your assistance!" she said as she levitated the camera close as she can.
"What are you planning to do, you moron? Get a picture of my victory?" the Dark Emperor questioned as Squink Ranger proudly glared back.
"You are wrong, Dork Emperor! I will use this camera's flash to startle you into covering your eyes from being blinded, where you will drop the battery and I will catch it last moment where you will not get it and we will confront eachother at a later date!" she answered in retaliation. The Dark Emperor simply hesitated in silence, he had repressed another button on his remote which just so happened to exist so that the raising of himself in the tractor beam was paused where he was.
"That's dumb. That makes no sense at all, your logic is stupid and that would never work in a real-world conflict situation" the Dark Emperor answered back in childish complaint at how silly her plan which she so fully explained to him just wouldn't ever play out in a real situation.
"Yes it would, watch; I'll do it right now" Squink Ranger complained back as she took a picture, a comically large bright flash being sent in the Emperor's direction as she scrambled his hands to cover his eyes way too late and dropping the battery back to ground level in the process. Squink Ranger dove and caugh the battery last second before it hit the floor.
"Wh-what? No fair, you can't do that, that's against the rules!" The Emperor angrily proclaimed as he swatted the floating camera out of the air with his own dark magic.
"You shouldn't do that Squink Ranger, you know I might be epileptic after that mini-fight two weeks ago. We both heard the doctor say I should avoid flashing and bright lights for a whlie after that... " he grumbled in complaint as he rubbed at his eyes, Squink Ranger softly blushing and looking down as she kicked at the floor muttering a soft "sorry".

Huffing and staring back at his adversary, he angrily pointed back at her.
"You may have won this time, Squink Ranger, but I will be back for that battery or whatever cool thing of interest that I want! Just you wait, you haven't seen me at my full potential yet!" the Dark Emperor threatened as he unpaused his tractor beam so he could go back to his ship and make a sudden leave. Squink Ranger sighed and clutched the battery in her hold, knowing that this was nowhere near the last she would see of the Dark Emperor or his nefarious schemes. Anything or anyone could be in danger as long as his great evilness was still around. Before she could begin her monologue, the Dark Emperor briefly lowered himself in the tractor beam before he flew away in his spaceship.
"Are we still planning to go to the Autumn Festival with Arch-Witch Clamity and Isopod 5 this Sunday? I don't think any of us have gotten a message from you, so you buuusy or?" the Dark Emperor asked as Squink Ranger looked at her phone to check her calendar schedule.
"Thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot. I'd love to come" Squink Ranger agreed as she gave a small wave with a happy expression as the Dark Emperor bid farewell to the heroine, taking off to return another day. Or on Sunday.

Squink Ranger gave a happy expression as her tentacles quivered with joy, pondering to herself for a moment.
"All in a days work, Squink! Evil was stopped once again thanks to you. I guess you could say that you didn't let Dark Emperor Moby have a whale of a time there!" Squink Ranger spoke to herself proudly with her hands on her hips, bathing in pride of her success as she struck a flex and pose for style before her moment of joy was suddenly broken by the extremely frightening sound of an unpredicted explosion.

Squink flicked her gaze around the room in a panic to figure out why thin air just exploded, the Dark Emperor dummy made of trash falling over out of his cardboard spaceship from the force of it. Squink ignored the scent of singed objects and the sight of charred surfaces as she looked at her hands in shock. This was no ordinary suit, but with no instruction manual who knew what sort of capabilities it had? Part of the room just exploded for no reason at all simply because she struck a cool enough pose.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN- " an angered host rushed in, having had to distract his guests while he checked out the questionable noise of an explosion present in the building. Any other employees and guards were supposedly 'on break' to care about the matter. His face of anger faltered once he came face-to-helmet with a female figure in a purple costume.
"Why. Are you. Wearing that?" he asked in mixed frustration and confusion as he shook his head, pulling out his phone to call law about an ilithid rummaging through illegally equipped cosplay. Squink was so struck with surprise that she was hesitant to utter any word or even remove the helmet, slowly coming to a conclusion that fit the best of both their ideals. At least, it would fit his ideals whether he liked it or not.

The host had a sudden abrupt change of heart as he put his phone away, grinning a big smile as he moved his hand in a shooing motion. "Run along, Calamari. I have guests to attend to. You can fully keep the suit, for it looks good on and suits you. That, and only someone as great as you Squink Ranger can stop the world and all of existence from falling to the dark intentions of the Dark Emperor Moby!" he spoke, saluting to Squink Ranger as he returned back out of the closet like he saw nothing in the first place to return back to his guests. Squink took off the helmet for a moment and wiped the sweat of nervousness off her brow, sighing as she looked to the open doorway.
"Phew. Good thing your quick thinking thought to use your mind control, Squinky" Squink spoke to herself as she considered what to do now since her work shift was over. Giving a devious ilithid smirk at the full intent of keeping the suit, she donned the helmet back on and found her way out the backdoor of the mansion to return back home. No longer simply a Squink, but a Squink Ranger.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back