• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] Kalina's Purchase from Sophia

This RP is a short but sweet RP within the Isekai Hell universe, of which the entire goal and purpose is already fully explained in the title.

Kalina Chivernu

It was Kalina's first visit to the capital, which was in equal amounts exciting and stressful. Her vampiric nature had required her to go through several hoops to even get into the city, needing less-than-savoury types and places to get there, but she'd succeeded. Her main reason for the visit was simple; she wanted to upgrade her gear. She needed to find both a blacksmith and a fletcher, preferably one that wouldn't ask too many questions. It seemed like an impossible task, until she heard of a particular fae woman that worked for the adventurer's guild and would be able to do both jobs at once. Putting up her best smile, Kalina entered the forge and immediately spotted the woman in question. It was difficult for the girl in question not to stand out with her four insect arms, but Kalina though them to be oddly charming. “Excuse me, madam, are you currently free to work on some projects? I'm looking for someone to upgrade my weaponry.” She took out her rapier and hand-crossbow to show Sophia what she'd be dealing with, hoping for a positive reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

The blacksmith worked away at the current gear she was making, seeming engrossed in her work as each of her arms did a different task. However, the opening of her door brought a halt to that as the woman perked up, her eyes turning towards the newcomer. A smile came to her face as she set her tools to the side, wiping her claws on her apron. She walked towards the girl, the smile growing slightly as a blush crossed her face. "Madame~? That has a nice ring to it, I must say~ Though, it isn't exactly something that folks around here tend to say."

Her eyes went to the tools, her four claws reaching out and gingerly taking them from the lady, each held in two of them as the craftswoman looked them both over. Her eyes passed over each one, her knowledge of her trades giving her insight into them, as they seemed like what she would have made when she was more starting out as a blacksmith. However, curiosity overtook her, and she surreptitiously glanced at the other girl, her eyes lighting up slightly as her appraisal skill went to work. Her eyes went back down to the tools, her bonnet hiding her surprise. But when she started speaking, her voice was steady. "I can help you with these, definitely~ Such a polite and proper lady would be amiss without a way to protect herself, after all~" She gave the other lady a wink before taking them over to her bench. "The rapier I can upgrade easily, but the hand crossbow I might as well just make a new one. It'll run you the same price, since I can probably sell the crossbow to another person easily enough." As she placed them on her work station, she said, "So, what might a monster like you be doing so close to the adventurer's guild? And coming to an Artisan on the payroll of the adventurer's guild, no less?"

Last edited:
Kalina Chivernu

A good first impression was half the price. Was that how they saying went? Kalina wasn't sure, but she was sure that she'd manage to make one. To that extend, Kalina was caught of guard by the sudden compliment back, being unsure of how to reply for a moment. She was just recovering and taking note of the prices she'd be charged when she was in for a heart-attack. It was a really good thing that she was an undead, as otherwise she might've not lived through the shock. She quickly looked around to check that nobody was around to have heard it leaned in forwards. “Madam, I beg of you, please don't mention that lightly. That title alone is enough to indicate I'm free to commit any imaginable crimes against and I'd really prefer staying out of trouble.”

Kalina was debating on making a run for it, but something told her the mention of her monster of a hostile nature, but more of a teasing one. She really hoped her gut-instinct was correct and that she wouldn't be stormed by the guards soon. “I was hoping to find a more open-minded artisan and was hoping you might be the person I was looking for.” There was only one way for Sophia to have picked up on Kalina's monster title and two could play that game, as Kalina figured she'd appraise the girl in turn. The latter also helped her come up with more of a reply.

“If you've ever experienced people giving you strange looks due to your unique arms or fae nature, you might know some of the troubles. For us, it's even a life or death situation, as simply being born the wrong way means nobody would bad an eye if I got murdered right here in the streets.” She hoped she'd at least spark a note of sympathy.

Sophia Smith

Sophia had already started working, one of her claws reaching out and lightly tapping underneath the vampire's chin. "If I wanted to rid the world of something as beautiful as you, I would have already called the guards~ No, think of it as some small talk~ Someone as interesting as you walks into my shop, you can't knock me for having a few questions~"

The blacksmith stopped her work, turning to look at the vampire, a grin plain on her face. "I make sure to check and see if people entering my business are criminals before I sell to them. It's a matter of principal. While you're not someone most people like, you're not a bad person. Or so far at least. No criminal titles, so there's no reason I shouldn't sell to you, is there?"

At the second statement, she gave a wave of one of her claws. "And I understand that. It's a dog eat dog world out there, and some people don't like folks like you. But you don't have to bring up what I am. I ain't gonna stir up trouble if you don't, and I ain't gonna call the guards on a pretty little thing like you. Though..." A sultry smile spread over her face, "I guess it depends on the kind of trouble~"

Kalina Chivernu

If Kalina was planning to charm the woman into giving her a discount, the current situation was likelier one where she'd be charmed into paying extra. If she still had her own blood flowing through her veins, she'd have likely turned red by now. This was not the type of treatment she was used to. Not in the slightest.

Kalina finally regained a bit of composure at the mention of criminals. “Of course not.” She might be an outcast, but she still had her own morals. Even so, it wasn't like the criminal title system was flawless. You were free to do what you wanted against those with criminal or monster titles, which meant you could do the most horrible stuff to them without it ever showing up in your own 'title' track record. She decided not to start that debate, however, as she'd rather watch the blacksmith work.

The latter became a bit impossible when the blacksmith went in on the attack, as Sophia's last statement made Kalina avert her eyes in an attempt to collect herself. This wasn't something her heart was able to deal with, nor her mind, for that matter. They hadn't even exchanged their names yet, so what was with that look and statement? She'd reply, but she feared it'd just be a stammering on non-coherent thoughts, so staying silent was the better alternative.

Sophia Smith

Sophia watched her for a few moments after her last statement, a grin passing over her face. This was definitely someone she would enjoy talking to in the future. But, business for now. She turned back to her work, continuing to craft the hand crossbow first. The process wouldn't be as long as the sword, but it would still take a short bit. "I ain't gonna make you leave my workshop, since I know you probably don't have anywhere to go while you wait for this to be completed. So you'll just have to stick around with little ol' me~ And if you're in here, I get to ask questions."

She paused as she pulled out another tool to sand down a part of the wood, still talking all the while. "So, First question! I noticed you were a vampire, and was just wondering, how does sucking people's blood work? I don't think you need to bleed them dry, but I've heard it that once they get their blood sucked the person becomes a thrall or they become a vampire themselves. Are either of those tales true?"

Kalina Chivernu

Kalina felt stuck between a wall and a... wall? She didn't know the saying, she just felt stuck. Sophia was a little too aware of Kalina's situation and cleverly made use of it, forcing Kalina to accept the questionnaire. Still, the open mentions of her vampiric nature made Kalina anxiously glance around, checking out the window and the door. If someone were to stand outside or wander into this place, she'd be in big trouble. The open debate about her vampiric nature wasn't good for her nerves, but she'd answer regardless. “I... don't 'suck' blood, at least not if I can help it. I prefer to keep some distance and ask them to just fill up a vial for me in exchange for some coins. It's... easier, to keep some nastier instincts at bay, if I just keep my distance, and eh, no, not that I'm aware of, at least not for me.” Her answers weren't clear-cut or coherent, as she was very uncomfortable talking about this, but at the very least she was honest.

Sophia Smith

The sound of a sander scraping against wood filled the room. "Don't worry about people overhearing. The shop doesn't get any customers this late. Well, except for cuties who want my attention all for themselves~" She gave the girl a wink before her eyes widened slightly. "Oh! Where are my manners! My name is Sophia~ Thank you for choosing me as your craftswoman for the day~"

She turned back to the wood, her claws having still been at work even while she had her attention on the woman. She gave a nod before fitting the piece to the others. "So no living meals? No snacks even?" Her eyes took on a mischievous gleam as she turned her head to look back at the woman, her voice taking on a playful tone, "Not even a poor, defenseless blacksmith in the dead of the night~?" She broke into a fit of laughter, a claw over her mouth. "Sorry, you look so nervous, I couldn't help but tease~"

Kalina Chivernu

A very belated introduction followed directly after another heavy-hitting attack to Kalina's innocent mind. She almost forgot her own name as a result, but managed to pick herself back up. “I'm Kalina. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss Sophia.” She attempt to turn the conversation a bit more formal again, as she felt too driven into a corner after having lost complete control of her own attempts at being charming.

The latter turned out to be a total waste of effort, as Sophia successfully turned up the heat an extra notch by playing upon her vampiric nature. “It's... That's... I'd eh...” After failing to start a sentence three times, she paused and sighed in relief when Sophia started laughing. There was one thing Kalina wanted to get out of the way. “Taking blood directly can be intoxicating. Imagine tasting, smelling and feeling the nicest things ever, all at the same time, whilst also feeling energized and empowered from it. It becomes difficult to stop yourself and I wouldn't want to hurt anyone, or worse, take more blood than they can recover.”

Sophia Smith

Sophia slowly turned, her claws absentmindedly fixing up the next piece of the crossbow, the action almost seeming second nature to the more rearward set of claws. She looked at the vampire in the face, a small smile still gracing her lips. "Hmm. I think I know what my favor is gonna be." She held up one claw, and said, "One, if you need more help with blacksmithing or fletching, or maybe even enchanting since I'm getting into that type of business, come to me."

She paused for a few moments, as if mentally thinking something over, before opening her claw, as if holding up two fingers. "And two, I want you to bite into my shoulder and suck~ I'm interested in that, and it seems like a wonderful experience for you~ And you seem like a good enough girl that you can tell when is enough~"

Kalina Chivernu

Favour? Kalina wasn't sure when that was mentioned and surely didn't like the sound of it. She didn't mind returning here for business, although perhaps she should bring someone to guard her innocence, as she felt like she wasn't going to leave the same person if she were to return here. The latter proved to be a spot-on gut-instinct, as the second point was beyond comprehensible. “That's... I'm...” She shook her head. “I'm afraid it'll work like a drug. If I start giving into it, it'll be more and more difficult to resist and I don't want to lose myself to my instincts.” The offer was very tempting, especially with the taste of Renee's freshly drawn blood still in her mind, she couldn't help herself from wondering what the naturally magically gifted blood of a fae would taste like and what taking it from this particularly charming blacksmith would be like, but that was exactly why she feared what would happen if she gave in to the growing desire. “I'm afraid I'd become an actual monster.” She was hoping more and more that this was just some sort of test by the blacksmith. Some sort of final test to see if Kalina was trustworthy enough to sell weapons too. She'd prefer passing some sort of test with flying colours over losing a battle of charm as badly as she was losing this one.

Sophia Smith

The blacksmith didn't seem to be backing down, and decided to make her final offer. Two weapons getting upgraded like that would cost a person a pretty penny, and she wasn't sure how much being a monster paid, but she wasn't sure if it paid that well. So, her voice finished the deal by going for the woman's wallet.

The sound of sanding was the only thing that was heard while the blacksmith decided on exactly how to say it before she stated, "How bout this? If you do both of those things, You'll only have to pay for the sword~ I'll toss in the crossbow for free~" She slowly placed a claw on the lady's shoulder. "And I feel like, with how much you don't want to be a figurative monster, you won't become it just by letting yourself live a little~"

Kalina Chivernu

The discount was very appealing, that much was sure, but Kalina's mind was racing to find a way out of the predicament she'd found herself in. There was some truth to the words that Sophia was speaking, that much was true, but then again, part of Kalina still resisted. Perhaps it was her critical thinking that just couldn't let go of the idea that something was off here. “You're testing me... right? You're trying to see if I won't give in to my nature before selling me weapons... right?” She was adding the 'right' without much sureness on both occasions, sounding more pleading than anything else. She suddenly realised there was another 'excuse' she could use to get out of this. “Besides, even if it wasn't, as much as it shames me, my fangs aren't all that much better than normal teeth. They just look different. It'll probably hurt a fair bit if I tried drawing blood with them directly.”

Sophia Smith

Sophia let out an amused snort at the idea that this was a test. "I promise you, this isn't some sort of cruel joke to test you. That would be a pretty horrible thing for me to do as a test." The second question didn't even give her a moments pause before she gave the girl an amused look. "And I wouldn't mind the pain~ But if you really want to not draw it with your teeth, even if I would love you to..." One of her claws reached to a table next to her work bench, grabbing a knife. "You think I don't have any sort of pointy object we can use? I make weapons for a living. Knives are one of the things I make most."

Kalina Chivernu

This blacksmith was positively insane. Kalina could only draw that single conclusion. She felt her mental walls being broken down as if by a wrecking ball, as her last line of defence was crumbling under the impact. “That's... I... It's eh... We...” Kalina's mind was struggling badly to come up with excuses. She'd gotten used to asking someone to fill up a vial for coin or hunting animals for their blood, regardless of how disgusting the latter option was. Having a total stranger insist upon drinking blood directly from them was completely new to her, which was made even more odd by how insistent the girl was. “It might be...” She'd ran out of excuses and noticed she'd already instinctively moved closer to the blacksmith. It was clear that one more little push would be enough to get her over the edge.

Sophia Smith

Sophia saw that she was starting to crumble, and as her back claws finished up work on the crossbow, her front ones got to work unbuttoning just enough buttons to reveal her shoulder, which, surprisingly, was completely humanlike, the peach skin tone tantalizing to the vampire's sight. "Nobody's gonna stop you~ Just go in and bite~ I can tell you've been holding yourself back for a while, and I think you deserve a nice treat~"

Kalina Chivernu

The comment from Sophia wasn't even really heard by Kalina, as her just opening up her shoulder was enough to fully break down any shred of mental resistance Kalina had left. She wasn't even of a sound enough mindset to use the weapon offered, going in for the direct bite instead. The latter would prove to Sophia that Kalina hadn't lied about that part. Her teeth really weren't better than the average human's would be, which meant that drawing blood with them was far from a pleasant process, to most, at least, but Sophia's seemed to be a special case.

Kalina, on the other hand, had her suspicions confirmed. Fae blood was definitely some of the best stuff available out there. The natural infusion with magic and nature were somehow making it far more rich and potent than that of the average human. If blood was offered up in bars, this would be the top shelf stuff. Except that it was better, as it was coming directly from the source, fresh and warm. Her earlier warning to Sophia had also been warranted. She wasn't going to be able to stop herself or snap out of it on her own. If she wasn't stopped, she'd probably keep going until Sophia would start to show visible signs of getting woozy from blood loss.

Sophia Smith

The spider girl bit her lip as the teeth dug into her skin, taking their sweet time to finally draw blood. She gripped her hands into fists at the feeling, which hurt, but... in a nice way~ She put a claw of the back of the vampire's head, letting her suck up blood for a good minute, the blacksmith doing her best to keep the noises she herself made to a minimum. However, all good things must come to an end, and Sophia's four arms slowly pushed the vampire away. "Looks like you enjoyed~ I'll let you have more if you come back here another time, but unless you want to stay a few days, you should stop~ If you continue drinking, I won't be able to continue working tonight~"

Kalina Chivernu

Kalina was slowly coming back to her senses as she was being pushed away. “I... yes... sorry... thanks... eh...” She stammered. What in the world had she just given into? She was still enjoying the afterglow of a wonderful meal, but at the same time, she was thoroughly confused by how a simple visit to try getting her gear upgraded had turned into... whatever this situation was. Even so, she couldn't help licking her lips and savouring the remaining taste in her mouth. Her mind wondered for a moment. If more people were like this, her life would be a lot easier and a lot more pleasant, that much was true.

At the end of the day, she silent watched as the blacksmith finished her work. Part of her screamed that coming back here would be very dangerous. A feast like this was going to be highly addictive, just like she feared it would be. She knew that her mental resistance would be far weaker the second time she'd come around. What if people spotted the wounds on Sophia's neck and start asking questions? What if Sophia would change her mind and betray her? What if they'd get caught in the act? What if someone heard something? Returning here would be a very, very stupid and dangerous thing to do. Leaving here and never even entering the capital again would be, by all means, the wisest choice she could make. She was well aware of that.

Even so, once her gear was upgraded and the price was paid, her words didn't match what she believed to be the wiser option. “Thank you for... everything. I'd gladly return one day.”

Sophia Smith

Sophia handed over all the gear, her current clothing covering the bite marks left behind, but the blush on her face still remained. When she heard the final words the vampire spoke, her face broke out into a grin. "I hope to see you again soon~ I'll make sure that you get special treatment when you come in the future~ After all, such a beautiful customer should always be treated with respect, and given a snack for when she's waiting~" And, with a final wink, she waved goodbye to the other girl, hoping to see her again soon.​

RP Grade

What more can I say? The RP was a success in upgrading Kalina's weaponry, now ready to face stronger foes.

Kalina - 1 point

Sophia - 1 point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back