• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Vegard City] Bishop's Back in Town

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it. This is a closed RP. Please check the Isekai Hell OOC/discord to meet with other folk for other RP opportunities.

Holy City of Vegard
15HuE9p.jpg
Source: https://imgur.com/eQ1Winh
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Ceylan

Languages: Common | <Beastial>

It felt strange for Ceylan to be back here. The Holy City of Vegard was a place close to his heart, although the last time he'd been here, the city had been in trouble. Thankfully, he and his friends had been able to help. He wondered how Cayde and Malarie were doing. Either way, now wasn't the time to get too lost in thought. He'd politely greeted the bridge guards, who recognised him by his robes and allowed him to go through without issue. Now, he was sitting alongside the long and downwards path from the bridge towards the city, resting for a bit and enjoying the view.

He was early, as some arrangements needed to be made for him to become the city's Patron Saint. Although he was officially a Bishop now, a lot of the ceremony that accompanied achieving such a status had yet to happen. It was... a very peculiar position. He'd never really been looking for such praise or fame, yet he'd gotten it regardless. Now it was his task to make the most of it, for the betterment of all. That could wait, just another hour, as he really enjoyed the sun-rays breaking through the clouds. The silent breeze along his face. It was promising to be a good day.

Even so, his thoughts strayed again. Wondering how it'd be with the others he'd met. One of the mayor downfalls of travelling as much as he did were the vast amount of people he was destined to meet and then never meet again. Well, a few of them had promised him something. That they'd appear again, one day... here, to be exact. He smiled, his tail giving a gentle wag. It'd probably not be today, or tomorrow, or the next day, but one day, he'd surely meet some of his friends again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nashi

90c37903aeb63312911f4a76c4ef3de1.jpg

Tags: Elvario Elvario

From afar, the thundering sound of hooves resounded, drawing ever nearer to the Holy City. Vague shadows slowly made themselves known over the horizon, clouded by a furious storm of dust from the galloping. As the long bridge and the island city came into sight, the frontmost figure raised a firm hand, pulling the riders behind into a slower and more approachable trot.

As the sunlight crossed their features, they became recognizable. A mish mash of beastkin of all shapes and sizes, riding, galloping or flying forward fearlessly. Leading at the forefront was a familiar face. Riding atop a valiant white steed, Nashi's scarf and tail fluttered in the wind as she led the charge of more than a couple dozen beastkin forward with a calm ease.

Slowly they approached the bridge, coming to a gentle stop just before the bridge guards.

"Greetings, we are here to see the new bishop." She spoke simply, though her gaze quickly turned back to the Holy City with a gentle gaze. "What a sight." She smiled peacefully at the beautiful scenery, wondering what lay in store for their future now that they had finally arrived.

Holy City of Vegard
15HuE9p.jpg

The two guards clearly looked on edge upon the approaching of so many people, the avian one spreading his wings, ready to fly and get back-up, as the rhino one would be the first to speak up.

Bridge Guard
feupKIL.png

Bridge Guard 2
0d5R6UJ.jpg

“What business do you have with the bishop?” He asked, unsure of what to think of this. Even so, he nodded to the avian guard, who flew off.

Ceylan

Considering he wasn't far past the bridge, it was only a few moments later that the guard reached him with the news that some feline woman was here to see him. He blinked. A timing like that, could it be real? Then he smiled. Of course it could be, so long as the gods looked upon him favourably, which it seemed like they did.

His tail instantly started wagging, giving the guard a sign that it was likely true that they'd been expected visitors before Ceylan even spoke up to say it. Ceylan was quickly to get up, hurrying along the bridge and back towards the cliff-face, with the guard flying along.

From a distance, Ceylan could already spot them. However, surprise filled him. Not only was it Nashi, but she'd actually held true on her promise. There were others with her, many others, just like how she'd told him she'd arrive. With more than a couple beastkin in tow.

His tail was doing the talking when it came to conveying how glad he was to see them, as the thing almost looked like it tried to make him start flying upwards with how fast it was wagging. It was a rather stark contrast with his otherwise relatively calm demeanour. “She's a highly welcome guest of mine.” He confirmed to the guards. “As are those in her company.” He added, looking over to see just who she'd brought. In particular hoping to spot a younger looking version of Nashi, remembering who she said she'd been struggling for all this time and silently prayer the latter had been able to make it here as well.

Even so, his priestly duties also called. “Is there anyone in need of aid?” He asked, although he was quick to check for himself as well by [Scanning the Mood] of the new arrivals.

Scanning the Mood – Magic B, Magic Range C, Magic Targets C, Magic Area of Effect C, Selective C, Appraisal E - Empathy B, Insight B, Energised B, Sixth Sense B [Curses/Blessings/Danger/Spirits/Hidden Treasure] – Character uses their senses to pick up on the mood of those around them. - Grade Be – 3 Post Cooldown.

Nashi
The unease of the bridge guards was hard to miss, with Nashi's gaze sweeping over them lightly. It was to be expected that she would alarm people, considering the stampede she brought over, but she was more surprised by how few were guarding the main entrance of the city. Her gaze quickly flickered towards various breachable ledges and points of defence, before quickly shaking her head and stopping such thoughts. Habits were hard to break.

Retaining her gentle smile, she looked towards the rhinoceros guard. "We're refugees from the Eastern Empire. The bishop mentioned that-" She suddenly stopped short as she noticed a familiar face approach out of the corner of her eye. It would be better for the man himself to explain things after all. Smiling simply, she scrutinized the man as he approached, reminiscing over that bloody but cathartic scene they once shared. It wasn't that long ago in reality, but it felt like decades ago with how much had changed in that time.

At his approach, Ceylan would find the eyes of nearly everyone in the large group move toward him, scrutinizing and curious. "I'm glad to see you well bishop. Congratulations on your ascension." Nashi spoke up with a smile. "No one's particularly hurt. We've been able to treat ourselves with herbs and such on the journey here. But thank you." She explained briefly, nodding towards a few of the folk behind her with visible bandages. Though wounded, they seemed safely on the path to recovery, with no sign of fever or infection.

With his magic, Ceylan would read that most of the refugees held mixed feelings towards being here, anxiousness, trepidation, anticipation, hope, though they remained docile behind Nashi. Additionally, he would find that he could read the titles of most of them, with [Escaped Slave] and [Fugitive of the Eastern Empire] being the common point amongst all their titles. The exception being those stationed closest behind Nashi, they were unreadable, same as Nashi herself just like previous. Ceylan would also find that a few of the group had strange energies on them, one or two with spiritual essences, and quite a few with minor curses. Surprisingly, there was even one with a divine blessing. Everyone had their own story to tell it seemed.

Suddenly, a fluffy little head peaked out from behind Nashi, peering at Ceylan from the horse's back. "Oh, this is my daughter Nala. She's a little shy, but she's a good girl." Nashi chuckled softly, patting her daughters head, some uncontainable pride oozing through her words.

Holy City of Vegard
15HuE9p.jpg

He was glad to hear that nobody was seriously injured, but considering he spotted some of them were still wounded and others cursed, he figured he might as well do his thing, as he offered a silent prayer for the [Divine Healing] of injuries, followed by another for a [Curse Cleanse]. “I'm glad nobody was seriously harmed, but I hope that helped everyone regardless. You must've all gone through a lot.” He stated, as he could only imagine how the journey towards here must've been.

His heart nearly melted upon seeing the kitten brought along, glad to see she'd made it safely. He could understand why Nashi had been driven to such extremes to protect her daughter, but he was even more glad they'd both made it here safely. “Ah, where are my manners. Please, join me to the city. It's a bit of a ways down still, but I'm sure I'll find someone who can prepare some food and a place to rest.” He offered, as he turned to lead them forwards with a nod towards the guards, who silently stepped aside to let everyone through, though still with a bit of a weary eye upon them.

As they'd pass onto the bridge, it was clear how this city went about its protection. It had multiple portcullis within it, which could block off the city's main entrance in no-time. Considering how high up they were, it'd be difficult for non-flying creatures to enter in any other manner. That said, the view after leaving the bridge on the other side was amazing, to those not afraid of heights at least. As they were walking taking the long and winding path down towards the city proper, he'd try to strike up a conversation. “It's nice to meet you Nala, I'm Ceylan.” He'd say first, before he turned to Nashi again.

He'd lower his voice a bit. “Should I ask the mayor to have some scouts and guard on alert in case you were being followed?” He asked, unsure if they managed to cover their tracks well enough or not. He doubted the East Empire would invade Kuridan over this, but he'd rather be safe than sorry.

Divine Healing - Light Affinity B, Magic B, Magic Range C, Magic Targets C, Magic Area of Effect C, Selective C, Healing B, Religion B, Energised B - Character channels the powers of the gods to heal significant injuries. - Grade Be - 3 Post Cooldown.

Curse Cleanse – Light Affinity B, Magic B, Magic Range C, Magic Targets C, Magic Area of Effect C, Selective C, Sixth Sense [Curses/Blessings/Danger/Spirits/Hidden Treasure] B, Healing B, Religion B, Energised B - Uses divine senses to detect curses and combines religious knowledge with healing magic to cleanse them. - Grade Be - 3 post Cooldown

Nashi

The divine light that enveloped them was soothing and rejuvenating all at once, with many of the group inadvertently looking more amicable towards the bishop as a result. Chuckling at the sight, Nashi merely smiled and nodded at his words. "I thank you." She spoke briefly before gesturing to everyone behind her, the group slowly entering a gentle trot forward following their new guide.

Little Nala was taken by the sights, her mouth agape in awe. With a delayed reaction to the bishop's introduction, it took her a few moments to pull her eyes away to look back at the stranger. She curiously stared for a little bit, before hugging her mother's back and lowering her eyes. "I know. Mummy told me about you." She stated quietly, her tone meek and cautious.

As if suddenly remembering something however, she suddenly gathered some courage, leaning slightly back towards the bishop. "I-I want to see the golden animal lights too. Can you show me?" She requested hopefully, staring up at him with her wide blue eyes in anticipation.

Nashi smiled gently, listening in to the conversation between the two. She wasn't the only one however, as it was clear the nearby others of the group were cautiously paying attention as well, perhaps a little more concerned for Nala than Nashi herself. Steering the steed with ease, the feline spared a hand to encouragingly rub her daughter's head before responding to Ceylan. "No, they wouldn't have been able to spare the manpower to tail us for long. I left them a nice surprise back in Giliae." She smiled vaguely, though her words were unabashedly confident with a hint of mischievousness.

Holy City of Vegard
15HuE9p.jpg

Ceylan

Ceylan couldn't blame the young one from being impressed by the sights. He himself had been silently taking them in not that long ago after all. They were breath-taking, no matter how one looked at it. He was a tad surprised that Nashi had already been telling her child about him... and also wondering what exactly she had and hadn't told. One of those questions was seemingly answered soon enough. “Golden animal lights...?” He asked, then realising what she meant. “Ah, the summoning? I'm afraid I cannot show you. Asking a divine beast for their aid isn't something I can do without proper cause.” He realised he should probably try to make that more understandable. “It's like if someone would suddenly force you to come to a totally different place in order to work for them. You'd only like that if you liked the person asking you to do so and if they had a good reason for it.” Hopefully that'd explain it a little.

That's when he recalled something. “Ah, but when we arrive in the town, I think I might be able to show you something similar.” He'd never made use of the offer before, but... he glanced back at the group following him and Nashi. This would be the ideal time for it.

As for Nashi's words, he gave a small sigh in relief. “That is great to hear.” He figured he shouldn't ask what the surprise was, as he doubted it'd be kid friendly. Perhaps it'd not even be bishop or good-boy friendly, for that matter. They'd eventually reach the second bridge, heading further down. “Try to stick to the middle.” He noted. This was probably a bit sketchy, even though the bridge was rather broad, he'd rather not risk anyone falling off if a sudden gust of wind were to pick up.

Once they'd crossed it, however, he'd try to slow down a bit so he could interact with the rest of the group. “I can't promise I'll remember all your names immediately, but I'd be glad if you would all be willing to introduce yourselves regardless.” He spoke with a bit of Persuasion (F) and in a little bit in the role of a [Sheperd] trying to get to know the new parts of his 'flock' well enough to ensure they'd settle in well and soon enough.

[Shepherd] - Character has guided those of bestial natures or stupid minds to better paths and pastures. Character will be more likely to gain recognition as being wise but will also garner no shortage of problem creatures to his side.

Nashi

Nala nodded quietly in acquiescence, her pink ears drooping a little out of impatient disappointment, before they were covered once again by her mother's paw. "She's not talking about that." Nashi mentioned lightly, sparing a glance toward the bishop from the towering island sights. "She's talking about what happened after our little conflict, after I was put to sleep for a little while." The feline leader explained vaguely but gently, hoping that would be enough for the bishop to get the hint, though the few beasts stationed close beside her grew solemn at her words, likely owning insider information.

"I imagine you wouldn't be able to show her that either though." She chuckled faintly, though little Nala perked back up when Ceylan mentioned showing something similar a bit later.

The transition between bridge to ground and ground to bridge was very audible, with Nashi merely nodding at his words of caution and gesturing behind her casually as the hooves resounded and squished closer together. They were quite organized for a group of refugees, and seemed to listen to Nashi without ever a single word or question of complaint.

Ceylan's request was met with a bit of a wary silence from the group for a few moments, before one of the folks closest to Nashi broke the awkward stalemate. "Ceylan right?" A muscular, burly lizardman, with green and black striped scales, greeted the canine with a bright smile. "I'm Rektai, here with my younger twin sisters. Rhouza and Shess." He waved behind him casually, with one of the sisters waving back and the other merely nodding.

A similarly well-built minotaur suddenly snorted, also one of the ones stationed close towards Nashi. He stared dead-eyed at the bishop as he introduced himself. "Nugag. My grandma Tegea's at the back." He huffed before turning away, his bared horns quite menacing in the sunlight. The one next to him chuckled at the sight, before smiling kindly at the bishop. "I'm Nadari. You might be able to spot my son Saphi flying above us." She spared an old hand to point vaguely towards the sky, toward a brown mothkin accompanied by the other fliers. The porcupine spines on her back were weathered and curled slightly from age as she looked towards the sky fondly.

Holy City of Vegard
15HuE9p.jpg

Ceylan

It took him a bit, before he realised what Nashi and Nala referred too. The display they'd gotten after he resurrected Nashi, which had vaguely resembled their group at the time. He too, couldn't help chuckle a bit. There was something precious about children being able to ask for miracles based solely on the stories of how pretty they'd been, but he'd have to disappoint her. “Indeed, it'd be even more difficult.” Still, he didn't want to disappoint too much. “There is some light I can show you.” He summoned five orbs of light (Magic E, Duration F, Homing F, Range F, Light Affinity F) and made them dance through the air for a bit, before they dissipated.

As they passed across the bridge, Ceylan was yet again made aware of how much control Nashi had been able to garner over these people. She'd probably proven herself well enough to them. Either that, or they were still naturally inclined to follow orders. He preferred to believe it was the first of those two options.

When the lizard-man broke the silence, Ceylan smiled, glad he could start getting to know them. “Rektai, Rhouza and Shess. Nice to meet you.” He repeated their names, hoping to better commit them to memory. The other minotaur reminded him of the city's mayor, which is probably the main thing that kept him from being startled. “Nugag, miss Tegea, it's nice to meet the both of you as well.” He'd greet them as well. “A pleasure to meet you, miss Nadari.” He then waved at Saphi, doubting that his voice would carry all the way over to him if he'd call out.

As they made the rest of the way down, they eventually arrived at the city itself. The first house on the way already brought back memories from the last time he visited, when he'd found everyone in the city sick and suffering. This time was a lot different. The city was busy, with people going about their daily lives. Among the crowds, however, two familiar people instantly spotted him.

One of them was an old Haregon, who waved at Ceylan before slowly walking over.

Miss Nana
zVSWlOL.jpg

The other was a rabbitfolk, who was a lot more quick to rush over. “Oh my, High pri... I mean, Bishop Ceylan! You're back! Oh, I'm so glad you finally found a time to visit! When is the official ceremony going to be? Let me know how I can help! Oh, oh, everyone has been doing well since you left! Don't worry! Without that nasty disease going around, they're in good hands! How are Cayde and Malerie doing? Wait...” She finally realised that Ceylan wasn't alone. “You've brought so many guests! Are they your new friends?”

Ceylan smiled at both friends, the older Haregon having made it over, but having remained silent to let Nana do the talking. “Indeed they are. This is Nashi, her daughter Nala.” Now was a good time to test his memory. “Rektai, Rhouza, Shess, Nugag, miss Tegea, miss Nadari... and that there is...” He thought for a moment, the only name he hadn't repeated was the one to get stuck on. “Sarphi?” He asked. He felt like he'd gotten close, but not exact.

As they were talking, a few more curious beasts stopped to come look at the relatively large group of odd new arrivals. Some recognised Ceylan and gave him a respectful nod. Others had been too ill during his first visit to realise who was standing there, until they were told by those in the know.

Last edited:
Nashi

Ceylan's words disappointed the young kitten, as did his meagre lightshow. Growing disappointed after just one glance, Nala turned away, hiding back behind her mother without another word. "She'll warm up eventually. But even children can tell when you've put in effort y'know?" Nashi appeased gently, glancing at the orbs of light that merely wobbled about in the air for a bit before they dispersed. He didn't take her interest seriously, and it showed, though Nashi didn't blame him for that.

Strolling into town, the vertical stone architecture built into the island's mountainsides was a sight to see. With a vague destination reached, the fliers chose to descend from the skies, orderly flapping their various feathery, bat-like, butterfly-like or other wings. The two faces that greeted their party somewhat overloaded them with information, blasting a whole speech in Ceylan's face before realizing there was quite the horde behind him.

"It's Saphi, but close enough. Thank you for taking the time to remember our names, though there's no rush." Nadari corrected with a wrinkly smile, patting the back of the tall mothkin that had just returned to her side. "It's good to see you so loved by the land you are set to look over." Nashi chuckled as their introductions were settled, her gaze scanning the rabbits and growing crowd with smiling eyes.

"It's nice to meet you all. We are slave refugees from the Otenzian Empire, kindly being given shelter by your new bishop. After settling down, we will do all we can to aid him, including forming a small defensive force under his command with the rest actively seeking to help the island thrive." Nashi announced simply but eloquently atop her white steed, likely used to public speaking and bearing the gaze of the crowd, although those farther behind her seemed a little uncomfortable from all the stares./column]

Holy City of Vegard
15HuE9p.jpg

Ceylan

Ceylan was reminded of why he was a priest and not a children's entertainer. Even though he tried to show something pretty, he still felt a tad disappointed, tail drooping a bit, at the clear rejection and lack of even the slightest interest. That said, it wasn't as much a matter of putting in effort as not wishing to rely on divine favour for mere entertainment more than this degree. Even so, there was another favour that he could later use that might make some sort of impression.

“Saphi. I got it.” He repeated, feeling like he'd recall this time around, having repeated the name. Even if there was no rush, he'd still want to try getting them all down as quickly as he could, as it'd only make things easier.

Ceylan wasn't entirely sure how to reply to Nashi. She wasn't wrong, but he also wasn't sure how to take the compliment. Assuming it was a compliment, at least?

Miss Nana
zVSWlOL.jpg

As Nashi introduced herself, Nana suddenly looked a tad shocked. “Oh, dear, oh dear... I'm glad you made it here, you must all be tired, and hungry, and oh... it looks like some of your clothing has seen better days and I'm sure we can arrange for a place to stay and...” She was hopping around in both words and actuality, trying to sort out what to do next and how to go about it.

Ceylan

“Miss Nana, didn't Malarie tell you not to get worked up? The fact you're no longer ill doesn't mean you can suddenly start ignoring that.” He warned the rabbit with a gentle yet firm authority.

“Yes, yes, but, how will I..?”

She started asking, but Ceylan shook his head. “I've had some friends offer me their help, and I think this is the perfect occasion to ask them for it.” He stated, as he took a few steps away, drawing a [Ritual Circle] upon the ground with some chalk. Carefully aligning the lines and intricate patterns, it took a bit, but when it was done, he proceeded to recite a short incantation, catalyst in hand, motioning along the lines as the circle started to glow brighter and brighter...

AdMRabL.jpg

Having first encountered them in Cardinal Zoilus' Tower in the Paizu Mountains, Ceylan somehow made a good enough impression upon the Mouse Maids for them to reach out and offer him a contract. They can now be summoned to aid him, should he ever need aid with his domestic tasks.

Intelligence C (21 points)
Domestic Arts D (21 points)
Empathy F (7 points)
Religion F (7 points)

Until a group of five peculiar beasts started to appear. “Oh my! It's the Bishop!” “The Bishop called for us!” “He summoned us! He actually summoned us!” “Finally, finally!” “What can we do? What do you need, your holiness?” They seemed to be a rather excitable bunch.

“These people have come a long way and went through a lot of trouble, they're new here, so please help miss Nana to ensure they can settle in. Miss Nana can tell you where to find whatever you might need to do so. Repairing clothes, boots, making food, please ensure they'll find a warm welcome.”

“Of course, of course!” “It'll be done!” “No problem!” “Let's get to work!” “Yes! Yes!”

With Miss Nana directing the Mice Maids, the refugees would be taken to some places they could eat, bathe, get their clothing/shoes repaired or simply find a safe and comfortable place to sleep. That gave Ceylan some time to explain what just happened.

“I met them at the tower of one of the Cardinals of my faith, in the Paizu Mountains. They said they were a bit bored and eager to get out more, but that they couldn't leave due to how dangerous the mountains were. So, well, we made a contract that'd allow me to temporarily summon them, so that they could get out more in exchange for aiding me.”

As he explained, however, the older Hare approached. “That's nice and all, bishop, but did you hear what the lass just said?” He asked. Then he turned to Nashi. “I'm Harely, I used to be a guard, now I'm just a retired old man.”

Ceylan, having heard Harley's words, tried to recall what Nashi had told them a bit ago, before he'd gotten too preoccupied with ensuring the refugees were taken care off. “Wait...” It finally clicked. “You're planning to form a defensive force? Under … my command?” That had to sink in. He knew he'd need to work more closely together with the order of Virtus, the paladins within the Syncretist church, who had their main base of operations in this very city, but to have his own forces? And for Nashi to volunteer them? This was all going a tad fast.

Nashi
90c37903aeb63312911f4a76c4ef3de1.jpg
Tags: Elvario Elvario
Nana seemed like such an angel, hopping around frantically as she fretted over the party. Inadvertently or not, there were a few of the group that couldn't help but have their wary guards melted. Others had their eyes narrow in scrutiny as Ceylan began to draw his magic circle, with Nashi being one of them. "I didn't see you use a magic circle last time you used your summons, Cey." She commented thoughtfully with a new nickname for him, even as the glow began to blind her eyes. "But perhaps things were a bit too chaotic over there for me to notice." She smiled in finality, turning her gaze back to the rowdy group of mice maids.

Realizing things were beginning to move, Nashi shared a few meaningful glances with Rektai and Nadari before they began to lead the large group of refugees away. Turning behind her, she picked up her little girl before passing him over to the burly, dark-skinned minotaur by her side. "Uncle Nu will take care of you for a little bit. Be good okay?" She coaxed gently, eliciting an obedient nod from Nala, before the oddly adorable mis-matched pair followed after the rest to go settle down.

"Quite the cute story." Nashi hummed with a smile, though she wasn't too interested in the specifics of the mouse maids. Rather, she was more curious about what other summons the bishop held at his fingertips, and the origins of that navy beast and winged snake back in the Plains of Shicana. Even back then, in that brief confrontation, she felt a fleeting sense of crisis standing against them. "...Do you have many summons?" She questioned tentatively, before greeting the approaching hare with a smile and nod.

"Yes, would that be a problem?" At Ceylan's query, Nashi smiled unabashedly, having expected such a response considering she hadn't mentioned this matter at all in the past. "I've said it before and I'll say it again, bishop. You trust, forgive and believe too easily. It is just your nature. But I don't want to lose my saviour. So, if you won't protect yourself, let me do it, hm?" She spoke fearlessly, without any sense of inhibition, looking down at Ceylan from her steed with a bright and confident gaze.

Holy City of Vegard
15HuE9p.jpg

Ceylan

With most of the crowd slowly leaving them, even Harvey giving a nod and heading off to go help the rest of them settle in, it wasn't that long before it was mostly just Nashi and Ceylan. “That time was more akin to a desperate plea for aid, as I was extremely lucky to have had it answered by such gracious company. This time is more akin to establishing a path for those who already offered their aid, so that they may temporarily travel to me.” He tried to explain the differences. Only then did he realise the nickname she'd used, as it had felt oddly... natural? More so than being called 'your holiness' at least.

He couldn't help smiling at seeing the hulking Minotaur carry away the kitten, his tail gently wagging at the happy thoughts of knowing that all these people would be taken care off well. Knowing that arriving here after a live and journey of harshness, they might finally find a place that offered peace, quiet and joy.

Nashi's sudden question regarding his summons drew a light, gentle laugh. “I have none.” It surprised him how often folk misunderstood what was happening. “Just like how I choose to aid you, when it felt like you needed aid, I am merely calling out in the hope that some Celestials taken mercy upon me and desire to aid me in my time of need. Even the mice maids, whom offered their aid personally, only answer due to their own desire to do so. If anything, they might have me as their way out of the tower.” The situation was somewhat hilarious, come to think of it, as he was using their talents just as much as they were using his talents, yet it was all for the good in the end.

That said, he was not ready for Nashi's firm reply to his question about her extend aid to him. From atop her high horse, it made a strong impression. “I...” He wanted to start, yet couldn't find any words. Then he laughed again. “You win.” He'd not try to raise an argument doomed to fail. “Besides, you might not realise how much of the makings of a Paladin you have.” He added, as though unconventional, she certainly had the strength and convection for it.

Even so, Ceylan had the ability to man dog up when he felt like he needed to do so. “It'd be my honour to have you, but I have one condition. This city is also the home-base of the Order of Virtus, a paladin order associated with the Syncretist Church. They know better than anyone what kind of dangers might befall those in the service of a Bishop, especially one so prone to find himself in trouble as I am.” He added the latter with a light chuckle, before getting serious again. “If someone were to truly desire to protect me, I must know that they are capable of also protecting themselves while at it. The thought of loosing someone as they try to save me is too unbearable to think about, so only if the Order of Virtus accepts someone to be strong and capable enough to keep both themselves and the one they are tasked with guarding safe will I accept.” It was clear that this wasn't up for debate. “Should you, or anyone else, agree to such terms, I will formally give my recommendation, which should be enough to join with.”

Before she could even give an answer, he headed further into the city. “Rest up first. I'll have your reply later. For now, I think there might be some people that could use the work of a prie-... ah, Bishop.” He should really get used to that.

The End.

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers was gracious enough to entertain me by featuring some NPC's of an older RP in my Holy City of Vegard setting. If any narrator bonus applies, I'd not mind it all going to Silver for humouring me with this, regardless of whether I added setting/NPC's of my own in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back