Is Titanfall 2 Worth It?

Andy Samberg

Andy Samberg
I mean I've looked at all of the reviews and determined that it's gonna be way better than the original, but what are your guys's thoughts on it? A worthy Christmas gift? Should I treat myself with this game? Or maybe something similar? 

Update: Got the game on a PSN sale, for 30 freakin dollars! The game is pretty great and I'm pretty exceptional at it, it's fun and it appeals to me. So yes, totally worth it. Would have payed whole price too, funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Titanfall 2 is one of the best shooters I have ever played.  The pacing, the Titans (Ronin, a sword Titan), and the story while short all offer one hell of an experience.  The multiplayer will keep you coming back for it's sheer amount of fun.  It doesn't focus so much on being a super elite no-scoper.  The best teams come from teamwork and Titan management.   And even if you don't play with others in multiplayer if you just keep an eye on what's going on with the other team members you can make a huge difference in the adrenaline fueled battles.  

I also recommend Battlefield 1 if you do have a group of people to play with or you like that era.  It's fun by yourself, but a well oiled squad in BF1 can turn the tide of a battle.

I am and avid first person shooter player myself, however I felt as though no matter how smooth Titanfall 2 was, I couldn't grind the game for more than a couple hours at a time. Maybe that's just the little kid in me dying, but I just didn't see a very good progression piece in the game itself. Is Titanfall 2 worth buying? Absolutely.. At a discounted price. I wouldn't pay full price for the game, however if it is on sale I'd say buy it. (Or have someone else gift it to you) Titanfall 2 much like any other title is definitely a game worth playing if you have a squad of players who play it with you. Going into a multiplayer based game without a team of friends is no fun at all in my opinion. These are my two cents, take what you will from this!

Imo its depending on your preference. If you want hardcore, tactical, slow paced, boots on the ground combat, then Battlefield 1 will almost certainly be your game. Titanfall 2 is more or less what Infinite Warfare should've been but fails to deliver because of Activision. Its a really freaking good game, but its definitely more for those who favor the arcade style, fast paced shooter.

Titanfall is smooth, hard and has a good variety in modes/weapons.  Most weapons are really fun to use and cater to various playstyles.  You can run an SMG and zip around the map like a mad person or camo up and snipe from a vantage point.  Not all maps offer all of the options in the same way, which leads you to pick a setup according to the map.  Same goes for titans.  Each titan is very different.  You can't just gung-ho into the enemy titans because if you don't know how to play yours, they will wreck you in seconds.  I've seen plenty of ronins dash up to my Scorch and hope to take me from full HP to 0.  They fail and burn, while that strategy would work perfectly well on most Tone players. (they tend to panic if you run through their wall). And the titan executions.  Now that's fun.  

All in all, it's a really fun game, the DLC (maps and weapons) is all free and even on PC you don't find many cheaters.  I've seen one on PC.  

They do include microtransactions.  But it's just some cosmetic stuff.  New look for your titan ( same titan, slightly different look) and camo packs.  Nothing fancy, no RNG boxes. I got the Ion Prime, because she's my favourite titan. :)  

It's a solid game that has a few hours of a learning curve.

Titanfall is smooth, hard and has a good variety in modes/weapons.  Most weapons are really fun to use and cater to various playstyles.  You can run an SMG and zip around the map like a mad person or camo up and snipe from a vantage point.  Not all maps offer all of the options in the same way, which leads you to pick a setup according to the map.  Same goes for titans.

Don't listen to this guy. Run Cloak/Volt or Cloak/EVA8. Get electric smoke once you have a chance. It's the only thing that works.

It's a solid game that has a few hours of a learning curve.

Don't listen to this guy. Run Cloak/Volt or Cloak/EVA8. Get electric smoke once you have a chance. It's the only thing that works.

Also don't listen to this guy.  He's just fodder for anyone using the G2 or the alternator. :)   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back