• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Is There A Soft Rule Against...?

Aurore

Is there a soft rule against posting more than 1 interest check in 24 hrs? I posted one with 3 plots that all went very well together, being the same sort of thing. I have another plot that doesn't fit very well and was wondering if it would be alright if I posted it today too, or if I should wait until tomorrow?

If they are looking for partner interest checks (1x1), then we would generally ask that you group them all together, or use the Multiple Settings prefix if they have different settings.

Usually what we do is something like this:

these are plots i want to do
  • plot 1
  • plot 2
  • plot 3
Just throw everything together in one thread and update it whenever you have a new plot idea. Otherwise you end up spamming the 1x1 board. Nobody cares if all the plots are different btw.

Yeah I use tabs -- > Multiple Settings - Geek Craves *New* Fantasy, Animal, and Superhero Plots

And each tab has a different "grouping" of plots.

How to make a tab ---> Tutorial - RpNation - BBcode Guide

Edited To Add
Also to reiterate no one minds if multiple types of plot are put in a single search. It makes it easier honestly as they aren't having to chase down multiple threads to determine which plot they want to take part in.

It also makes it easier on you as you only have to update one thread instead of multiple ones.

rae2nerdy rae2nerdy Thank you, I'll look into that for next time
Strawberry Ink Strawberry Ink I care. A lot. My stupid OCD brain likes things organized and the 3 plots I put together go together. This one is a completely different setting. I'm not putting it in the same place. I'd rather wait.

rae2nerdy rae2nerdy Thank you, I'll look into that for next time
Strawberry Ink Strawberry Ink I care. A lot. My stupid OCD brain likes things organized and the 3 plots I put together go together. This one is a completely different setting. I'm not putting it in the same place. I'd rather wait.

Nah I feel you. For me it's more reading. If things are lumped together in this long list I tend to get bored or find it difficult to read. So I break things up in small chunks as much as possible. Plus lists.

So yeah I think tabs will help you a lot. You can make the first tab your about me information

Then just put your plots in like genre ( like me ) or world specific tabs.

And you can always add and subtract tabs when your cravings change so if you have new plots or are tired of old ones it's easier to update.

I also usually make a list on the second post just with my cravings. Cuz sometimes people like a quick list of what I'm looking for before they scroll through tabs.

There are people who have 3 different interest checks out at any one given time in the 1x1 section and they don't seem to have been told to remove them or anything like that. I currently have two out at once and bump them both to the front page just every few hours when they are no longer there.

There are people who have 3 different interest checks out at any one given time in the 1x1 section and they don't seem to have been told to remove them or anything like that. I currently have two out at once and bump them both to the front page just every few hours when they are no longer there.

As I understand it it's a courtesy thing. If you bump multiple threads to the front page than you are bumping someone else off it. And if that person only has one thread than you are decreasing the chances of someone seeing their thread on first viewing and so their potential partners have to put in more work to find them.

Plus from a search perspective if I see multiple threads from one person I'm a lot less likely to click on any of them. Because again it's a courtesy thing. It feels to me like that one person is either impatient OR they're inconsiderate and hogging the front page.

But your mileage may very on that.

I'm gonna keep doing two at a time unless it becomes an official rule. I don't think that two is too many. And it's not considered spam or anything like that. But I personally wouldn't do more than two.

I'm gonna doing two at a time unless it becomes an official rule. I don't think that two is too many. And it's not considered spam or anything like that. But I personally wouldn't do more than two.

I believe the staff pefer you to keep it to one but it's more of a honor system type thing. As far as I know no one is enforcing one search thread per person ( I wouldn't envy them the workload tbh ).

But again it's just considered common courtesy. Like saying please and thank you. Obviously there is no law that says you HAVE to say those words in the proper setting but it genuinely makes you seem like a nicer and more polite person when you do.

There is nothing stopping you from making multiple threads. It just seems a little inconsiderate / impatient when you do.

If your willing to take that risk than certainly I can't stop you. Although I might message the Staff to be doubly sure. Just in case it is enforced and no one has been made aware of it until now.

There is no official rule at this time that says you cannot have more then one. If and when it becomes a problem we tend to send a friendly message and work with the person on merging too many of them or resolving any thing like a spam issue if it comes up.

As always we are open to suggestions though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back