Is it unseemly to GM two Rps at once?

Windsock

Two Thousand Club
Hey, I was wondering if it's bad form here to run two RP's at once on this site. The one I'm currently getting players for is going to be a .mostly serious affair with mecha cyberpunk action while the one I'm wanting to start as a side project is going to be much more comical one involving a quest thread about a skeleton's adventure to become the legendary "BIG BONE", greatest of all skeletons.

What do?

I personally see nothing wrong with it. You want two roleplays to happen, nobody else is hosting either of them, so you do it yourself. Just make sure you can divide your attention between them so you don't end up neglecting one in favor of the other.

As long as you have the time and that expertise to run more than one, I don't see an issue.

@Grey Would you ever consider running more than one roleplay at a time?   ;)

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. As others have said just make sure you have the time/experience/enthusiasm to run more than one.

Case in point, an RP I recently joined died because the host claimed they didn't have time due to RL commitments. A few days later I saw a new interest thread they'd started for another RP. All this achieved is to make me never want to join a game they are GMing in the future.

Running more than one at a time isn't bad at all, I've done it on more than one occasion. What I believe to be frowned upon is constantly flooding the interest checks every other day with five new RP ideas. I've seen people do it and it's annoying as hell. In my option anyway.

I'm usually hosting 2-3 minimum at a time, and sometimes more. I've got five (?) right now (mostly in sign-up phases, though). It can occasionally be difficult to keep up, but I've got some pretty awesome co-gms to help me with that. As long as you think you can handle it, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back