Other Is it just me?

I guess, instead of us telling you our own experiences SheepySharon...what are you looking for in a good rp parter. Like what do you envision?

For me it's,

1. Flexible: I'm talking plot storywise. That you can adapt and change your characters to what's going on around you making an organic story instead of point a. point b. point c.
2. Creative.
3. Postive/Good vibes in a story. I've had rp partners that were fantastic writers. Creative, adaptable, and literally could come up with an interesting story angle like nobody's business. BUT, how they wanted stories to go, never matched. Our themes and messages just clashed. I'm talking Horror/Evil wins to Good/Happy ending. And I've found that this one is the most important...because if that person's unwilling to compromise and find a way to get both themes to blend....it actually begins to drag you down.

What are yours?

I guess, instead of us telling you our own experiences SheepySharon...what are you looking for in a good rp parter. Like what do you envision?

For me it's,

1. Flexible: I'm talking plot storywise. That you can adapt and change your characters to what's going on around you making an organic story instead of point a. point b. point c.
2. Creative.
3. Postive/Good vibes in a story. I've had rp partners that were fantastic writers. Creative, adaptable, and literally could come up with an interesting story angle like nobody's business. BUT, how they wanted stories to go, never matched. Our themes and messages just clashed. I'm talking Horror/Evil wins to Good/Happy ending. And I've found that this one is the most important...because if that person's unwilling to compromise and find a way to get both themes to blend....it actually begins to drag you down.

What are yours?

I just mainly want to have fun. And I want to make sure that my partner is going to have fun as well.
I feel like that's what's roleplaying about, for me.
I don't really have certain points like you do.
Just mainly have fun.

I just mainly want to have fun. And I want to make sure that my partner is going to have fun as well.
I feel like that's what's roleplaying about, for me.
I don't really have certain points like you do.
Just mainly have fun.

Well, already, you don't seem very exigeant which is a good point, and then you're right, doing it for fun is much better,
personally, I don't demand any limit of lines or other stuff that can demotivate, as long as I'm not stuck with erotic or romance, it's simple.

Well, already, you don't seem very exigeant which is a good point, and then you're right, doing it for fun is much better,
personally, I don't demand any limit of lines or other stuff that can demotivate, as long as I'm not stuck with erotic or romance, it's simple.

Right? I've always found roleplaying fun, aside from my love-hate relationship with it. I'm not doing it because I want to be a writer or whatever. I am simply doing it because I want to meet new people and just have fun.
I just make a notice that it can sometimes be difficult for me to write paragraphs or even something as simply as 5 lines due to motivational problems, but I don't have limits, at least not that I know of..

Right? I've always found roleplaying fun, aside from my love-hate relationship with it. I'm not doing it because I want to be a writer or whatever. I am simply doing it because I want to meet new people and just have fun.
I just make a notice that it can sometimes be difficult for me to write paragraphs or even something as simply as 5 lines due to motivational problems, but I don't have limits, at least not that I know of..

I could never write paragraphs either, because English is not my main language and i don't want to become a writer (unless it concerns some important subjects),
the motivation... just don't force yourself, it'll come back.

I could never write paragraphs either, because English is not my main language and i don't want to become a writer (unless it concerns some important subjects),
the motivation... just don't force yourself, it'll come back.
Same goes with me. English is not my main language either.
I know, but it's been gone for a good 5 years if not more.

I am tempted to say that almost every sites about RPs are very dead, fortunately, the general forum can save a bit from boredrom.

or every sites, the majority of them based on either.. a very selective ambiance or lack of moderation/activities.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back