Video Games Is a Sims 3 Bundle a good buy?

AlbaGuBrath

"Scotland Forever"
Hello there! I'd just like to ask this forum's opinions on The Sims 3. I'm not a huge gamer, but I have enjoyed playing the Sims a bit and after hearing a lot of discussion about S3, I'm considering buying it.

I've watched a bit of gameplay and concluded that the mechanics seem pretty similar to Medieval, which is cool, but I don't know how much of the content I'm seeing is CC or coming from a pack I don't plan on buying. I probably won't be buying many packs, but I am considering a bundle that contains the base game, Pets, Generations, and Seasons. I really like the idea of controllable pets and the open-world, and Generations may be cool, but I'm not sure about Seasons. I'm also a little unsure about where the other worlds come from, how downloadable content works, and such as that. Also, the bundle is $50, which is more than I'd really like to spend, but isn't a bad price considering the four things individually would be $80.

So, I'd just like to hear what y'all have to say about this game and these packs in particular. What do you like/dislike? What is the character creation like? How do these games compare to others? (I've played Medieval: Pirates and Nobles, S4, and Cats and Dogs.) How does autonomy/progression work? Any particular suggestions you'd have for me? Thanks!

Personally, I like Sims 3 better than Sims 4. The main reason is that I feel the packs for the Sims 3 offer more as far as stuff (clothes, hair, animations, furniture objects. . .). I own a couple of packs including seasons and generations but not pets. Generations is good if you like family/ 'legacy' gameplay. Seasons is good if you like. . . Seasons lol. It allows your children sims to trick or treat and many other fun things for the whole family such as festivals.

This a pretty broad explanation/description, but feel free to pm me if you have specific questions :)

I'd say it's an ok deal, but you can find the base games and the DLCs for an even lower price on sites like Kinguin. Kinguin is a little sketchy looking, but I've used it many times to mostly buy sims expansions. There they only cost 3-5 dollars, so you could probably get nearly all or all of the expansions for the same price you'd be getting 3 of them (plus base game) for. I would recommend the sims 3 over the sims 4 though, whatever you do end up doing.

Thank both of you very much! I probably won't be buying from Kinguin, though. I'd prefer to buy from Steam or something, just to be safe. Even if the prices are higher, I feel a bit more confident in not getting my card stolen, getting working stuff/returns if I don't like it, not buying something that's pirated, etc.

I probably won't be buying many packs, but I am considering a bundle that contains the base game, Pets, Generations, and Seasons.

Well, I am a person that has all of the expansion packs and almost all accessoire (Oh my god I hate this word) pack, except Katy Perry and Movie. Sooo:
Seasons: A must. Highly recommended! Also, Seasons added aliens again! nd yes, you can become pregnant by an alien.)
Pets: Hmm yeah, I liked that expansion pack. Had my joy with it, because my sims usually have a cat or dog, and my sims kids almost always have a turtle as a pet.
Generations: Um...yeah, Generations. Not a big fan of it, the only thing I liked about it are the strollers you get with them, and tree houses (Or are treehouses in the base game already?) and water slide. Honestly, I'd swap out Generations for Supernatural. The zombies get annoying but I believe you can turn them off, use a mod to turn them off or set the moon to anything else except full moon. Though I also enjoyed University Life, because it adds the ability to get Plant Sims...Anyway. I am not a huge fan of Generations.

Supernatural does sound super cool! Unfortunately, I don't have the option of picking the items I want my bundle; I just have to pick from the ones available.

Are there any good LPs on YouTube that only have the base game and/or these packs, without CC and such? Being unfamiliar with it, I don't know the difference between the content unless it's really obvious or the person says something about it.

Anything from EA is a ripoff, and buying anything from them means supporting bad business practices.

I simply torrented all of Sims 3. It was the best decision I ever made. Sims 3 is fantastically fun with all the added expansions and items and because I didn't pay for it, I don't feel like anything was wasted ya know?

Sims 3 is not a good buy either way. EA is a scummy company and doesn't deserve the money.
I suggest you either torrent it or just don't play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back