Iron Skin Concentration - sorry?

Hjallnagel

Hi,

Reading through the Charm listings of (great) Exalted 2, I just noticed that the Resistance Charm "Iron Skin Concentration" is insanely powerful. Yes, it has the chance of not working since you have to roll dice (but not rolling enough successes isn't, in most cases, very likely), but it doesn't suffer from a Flaw of Invulnerability and costs half as much as Adamant Skin Technque. It's a too powerful semi-perfect effect without true flaw. Or am I missing something?

No, you're not missing anything. But I think you are underestimating its chance to not work. It becomes less reliable as you scale up towards the final showdown, and might be completely useless in the final story of an epic arc.

Also, keep in mind that you get the charm before you get a scene-long soak adder. So it's entirely possible it (and of course the pre-req, DoOM) will be a character's only defensive option for a few sessions.

Hmmph. You're probably right. The effect is more powerful than before, but so are most charms, so it's probably allright. They just raised the Solar powerlevel a bit (which is a good thing), and I need time to fit this in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back