• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom  &▀ INVENIO 」cs

cwosont

Supporter
Roleplay Availability

• intro

hedwig

john williams

overview.

O
    n the night of Sunday, the 24th of September, 81-year-old James T. Powell passed away in his sleep. He was found the next afternoon in his London home by a longtime friend and employee of Powell’s bakery, The Philosopher’s Scone, located in the heart of Diagon Alley.

Having touched the hearts of many in the community, Powell leaves behind countless friends to join his late husband in the great beyond. The Philosopher’s Scone has been closed in the three days since his death, but Diagon Alley is hopeful that the shop will remain open in the long run.

Three days after his passing, nine residents of Diagon Alley received a mysterious letter by owl, addressed to them by Powell himself.

Within these letters, Powell admitted to once having had the dream of discovering Atlantis and other lost worlds. Never pursuing his dream was the one regret Powell carried with him to his grave. After telling his story, Powell reminded the recipients of these letters that they have dreams of their own. If they can find it in themselves to place their trust in him, he is willing to show them how to take risks. Powell left them with instructions to meet at The Leaky Cauldron the next night.

Should these nine witches and wizards choose to place their faith in Powell, they will be taking their first step in an adventure that will surely change their lives forever.

--

If you’re reading this letter, that means I’m dead. Don’t feel bad for me, though, it is the cycle of life, after all. I enjoyed my life and cherished the memories I had with my friends and family, including you. I do have to admit, however, that I left this world with regrets.

As a boy, I dreamed of discovering the world’s secrets. Atlantis, El Dorado, and more. After graduating I planned to head for Greece to begin my quest, but before that could happen my father died quite suddenly. With three younger siblings, I knew I couldn’t leave my mother behind. I decided to stay in Britain until they were all of age, but then I met my future husband and my plans were pushed back once again.

Years passed and I continued to set aside my dreams in exchange for stability. As you are already aware, I opened a small bakery in Diagon Alley and lived out my days in London. Even when my husband passed on before me, I remained. I believed myself to be far too old to bother. That, my friend, is my biggest regret.

Since meeting you, I have come to know that you have dreams yourself. Yet here you are, spending your days in this dreary old place. I know it isn’t your fault, friend. Nobody taught you that it was okay to take the risk. Not until today, that is. If you’ll have a little faith, I’d like to teach you.

Head for The Leaky Cauldron an hour before closing on Thursday night, back room to the right. I promise you’ll understand more when you get there.

With love,
    James T. Powell

intro

roles

rules

I discover,

find out,
learn

genre

hp, mystery

status

apps open

gms

cwosont

spots open

8/9

question

answer

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
As a reminder, roles are not first come, first serve. I want to ensure that characters suit the story as this will be a small cast and all roles will have an impact on the story. Due to this, I ask that everyone submit an app of sorts rather than a full CS to start. I don't want anyone to have to fill out a detailed CS only to find out the concept won't work for the story. Once I've taken a look at your apps and determined everything is good to go, you'll be able to edit your post and replace the app with your CS.

I have adjusted some freebie coding to suit the roleplay's aesthetic, but you're welcome to use whatever you'd like so long as it has the same information.
App coding: here (Full credit to Uxie and all their hard work. I've just adjusted the colors/pics/some of the tabs.)
  • name, role
  • age, gender (pronouns included), blood type (pure/half/muggleborn)
  • trait (optional, pls see list of available traits), profession (where do they work in diagon alley or knockturn alley / what do they do), alma mater (which wizarding school did they attend)
  • face claim (full image linked)
  • positive + negative personality traits
  • brief overview of your character's history leading up to them working at diagon alley or knockturn alley. everyone should have some connection to powell and have a conflict which holds them back from growing as a person, pursuing their dreams, etc. something to prompt him to write them a letter.

CS coding:
  • pending

Magical traits: Three characters only
  • seer, werewolf, animagus, maledictus, quarter-giant, quarter-veela, or metamorphmagus.

hiro gonzález

wandmaker

application info.

blood type: half-blood

trait: none
profession: wandmaker at ollivander's
alma mater: castelobruxo school of magic

face claim: kenta sakurai

personality.

positive

traits

Hiro is very bright and passionate about his work. He can go on for hours about wands and their key components, the history of wandmaking, etc. He is a little more timid outside of work but often speaks to fill silences. Hiro is curious and enjoys tinkering or learning new things. He is also empathetic and always willing to lend a hand, but is hesitant to ask for help in exchange.

negative

traits

Hiro can be critical of himself and often thinks he is the sole reason behind his divorce. While he enjoys talking, Hiro doesn't like to focus on himself and would rather discuss wandmaking or the interests of others. He has dreams but lacks the courage to pursue them if it means straying too far from what's comfortable. Hiro can also be passive when in the company of more dominant or aggressive personality types as he would prefer to avoid conflict whenever possible.

background.

Growing up, Hiro couldn't wait to one day receive his very own wand. Magic was everything to him and he loved watching his mother perform charmwork around the house. His father was a Muggle also deeply in love with magic and had no qualms with his son growing up to become a wizard. Hiro flourished under their care, reading books on spells and wandmaking. He often tried to guess which wand would choose him and made a game of it until the day finally came.

Receiving his wand and going on to attend Castelobruxo was the highlight of Hiro's childhood, but that light would soon be dimmed. His mother had been diagnosed with cancer, the one Muggle disease that magic had yet to cure, two months before Hiro began attending school. She chose to keep it a secret, but by the time Hiro returned after his first year she could no longer hide it. She passed away when he was thirteen. For several years after that, Hiro found it hard to smile.

It wasn't until Hiro met his future wife through a foreign exchange student program that he felt he could breathe again. She was a witch from Hogwarts and a force to be reckoned with, it was only natural that he felt drawn to her. The two began a relationship in his sixth year and four years later, he was on a plane to London to start their lives together. Hiro was hired as an apprentice wandmaker by the new owners of Ollivander, a couple who worked under the legend himself.

While his wife pushed for change within the Ministry of Magic, he spent his days causing a bit of a ruckus in Diagon Alley. Five years after moving to Britain, the two married. Life was good, until it wasn't. After four years of marriage, Hiro came to learn of his wife's affair with a coworker. They divorced a few months later and he found that the light had grown dim once more. Hiro moved into a small apartment above Ollivander's and sank into melancholy. He had no idea what to do with his life by this point.

That is where James Powell comes in, Hiro had known the owner of The Philosopher's Scone for years at this point but they had never really bonded until now. Powell had recently lost his husband and was in need of a friend just as much as Hiro was. It was through their friendship that Hiro realized he wanted to reconnect with his late mother by visiting her home country of Japan and meeting her family. If he could, he would bring his father along with him. It was a simple idea, but Hiro found himself reluctant to execute it. For the past two years, he has only ever thought of what it would be like to pursue his dream. Now with the news of Powell's sudden passing, Hiro fears he may have disappointed his friend in the end.

big sad, misses wife

will talk to your wand

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back