Video Games Introducing Monochrome: A Modded Minecraft Server

All right, Minecraft Junkies... we know you're out there!

If you aren't a Minecraft Junkie yet, maybe it's time to change that! Welcome to Monochrome, the whitelisted Minecraft server specifically for RPN members and their friends. Monochrome is a 1.7.10 server run by RPN members just like you who want a fun way to hang out and create something different together. We intend to keep it right here in the RPN community (but you can invite friends from outside RPN to join us!), making us a small server of people with similar interests. We hope that the server provides a creative new way to interact with friends... or make new ones!
Monochrome runs a fun, but computer-friendly, short list of mods in a modpack hosted on Technic. Here are some of the ones you might recognize!
  • Applied Energistics 2
  • Big Reactors
  • Blood Magic
  • Botania
  • EnderIO
  • ExtraUtilities
  • Forestry
  • Minefactory Reloaded
  • OpenBlocks
  • Thermal Dynamics
  • Tinkers Construct
In addition to these mods, the server is also running plugins that make for some fun features… but we won't spoil the surprise!

Though the server is still young, a lot has been accomplished to provide new players with a great world. Here are some of the things we've got going on:
  • Public facilities in and around spawn - including a basement workshop and storage room, a social area, and a large public farm - supply new players with a safe place to obtain the basic necessities (like food!).
  • A lighthouse will help explorers find their way back to the mainland on our mostly-ocean world.
  • A dueling arena provides the perfect place for players to test out their combat skills on equal footing.
And more is on the way! Looking forward, we're working on an arena where players can test their prowess against a variety of mobs. While still in the planning and testing stages, we hope to have a fun rewards system in place for the players who make it through each challenging wave of death, destruction, and arrows (because those are in a class all their own!).
We're always looking for suggestions for new things to try, so for those with great ideas for fun things to implement, Monochrome's staff is ready to listen. We can't promise that all suggestions will be implemented, but if it is fun, feasible, and favorable to both the server and its current player base, it may happen!

As Monochrome is a whitelisted server, we have a few basic rules that we expect all participants to follow. They are:
No cheating!
I'm sure we can all figure out what is cheatsy and what isn't, but in case you have a question about whether something is cheating or not, ask! If you cheat, the staff won't take it nicely, and you may find more than just your cheatsy progress undone. After all, a blanket undo isn't picky!(Rollbacks are vaguely inconsistent and very imprecise; they may undo more than intended. Don't risk it!)

No stealing!
Players on our server work hard for what they have, and while some players may have more than others, it's never OK to take what doesn't belong to you without the intention to return it or trade for it. Always get permission before taking someone else's items.(All conflicts will be settled through trial by combat at the dueling arena.)

No harassment!
Trolling is completely okay (as long as it's not public property!), but don't let it devolve into harassment. If you troll someone, and they politely ask you not to do so again, a second time will be considered harassment. Have fun… but not at the expense of someone else's fun.(Vandalism of public property is punishable by any number of unpleasant things, as determined by staff!)

Keep it clean!
We want this to be a fun experience for people of all ages. Everyone - young people and adults alike - should be able to enjoy the server without a lot of trash-talk, swearing, and lude or degrading comments. Best to leave such things unsaid on Monochrome.(This applies as much to Discord as it does to the Minecraft server.)

Interested? Let us know with a quick reply to this thread! Make sure you include the following information:
  • Minecraft Username (so we know who to whitelist!)
  • Discord Nickname (so we know you when you show up in chat!)
  • Your Time Zone (for friend-finding and troubleshooting!)
  • Do you like potatoes? (This may or may not be a trick question.)
  • On a scale from 1 to 10, how crazy for FUN are you? (Just because we can.)

Last edited:
Hello, everyone! Just your friendly neighborhood WordArtist here to introduce myself as part of Monochrome's staff! I'll be the primary support for in-game help for all players on the server. If you have a problem, I can probably help! If I don't know the solution, I know people who will. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Hi! I'm super interested. In Minecraft my username is _Alpacanator_ and here is my discord ID: Sayuranidiot#9485
I travel a lot, like seriously I live in a lot of places, I hope that's ok. Right now I am in Central European Timezone (UTC+01:00). And I must say; potatoes are pretty fun to throw at during food fights, makes the target stop what they are doing right away! It's as fun as playing Minecraft, a true 420/10 on the fun scale.

Hi! I'm super interested. In Minecraft my username is _Alpacanator_ and here is my discord ID: Sayuranidiot#9485
I travel a lot, like seriously I live in a lot of places, I hope that's ok. Right now I am in Central European Timezone (UTC+01:00). And I must say; potatoes are pretty fun to throw at during food fights, makes the target stop what they are doing right away! It's as fun as playing Minecraft, a true 420/10 on the fun scale.

No worries on the time zone thing! That's mostly so other people know when you're likely to be around - to help them spot potential new friends - and so we can help you with troubleshooting things that have the potential to be location-related (like ping).

Sounds like you're ready for some fun! Glad to hear it! I'll shoot you a private message with a link to the discord - don't worry, it's set not to expire - and you can join us for conversation! I'll have to ask for help on the whitelisting thing, but that should come shortly after. =)

Last edited:
Suggestion: Add Balkon's Weapons for 1.7.10.

It makes PvP massively fun- nothing quite like smashing an enemy flat through their armor with a warhammer, or sniping away a squadron of skeletons with a musket. Also, given that there's a lot of more industrial options (e.g. engines, pipes, and whatnot) present in the modlist already, it makes sense that players should at least be able to take a step up in their armsmaking and build things like crossbows and muskets.

But on to the app:

• Steam66.
  • NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEE.
  • Eastern US.
  • They're good when baked.
  • 9 by my reckoning.

Suggestion: Add Balkon's Weapons for 1.7.10.

It makes PvP massively fun- nothing quite like smashing an enemy flat through their armor with a warhammer, or sniping away a squadron of skeletons with a musket. Also, given that there's a lot of more industrial options (e.g. engines, pipes, and whatnot) present in the modlist already, it makes sense that players should at least be able to take a step up in their armsmaking and build things like crossbows and muskets.

But on to the app:

• Steam66.
  • NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEE.
  • Eastern US.
  • They're good when baked.
  • 9 by my reckoning.

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, we will not be adding any additional mods to the modpack in an effort to keep it as minimal as possible for those who have less-than-stellar computer systems. Any changes made to the way the server works, at this point, will be done through tweaks to existing mods or addition/modification of the server's plugins.

If PVP is your focus, we have an arena designated for it where players will be provided with a specific gear and weapons set and encouraged to fight skill-vs-skill rather than gear-vs-gear. We hope this satisfies your combat cravings!

If you're still interested, you'll find a PM waiting for you with a link to the discord. I hope you'll come join us! We look forward to chatting with you.

can i please join the server? i am a nice person and am really intrested in this RP.

I definitely appreciate the interest! You should know, however, that this Minecraft server is a game, not a roleplay. There will be very little, if any, story to be had, at least for now. Perhaps in the future, if the server grows enough, that's something the staff might look into incorporating.

Of course, individual players are strongly encouraged to develop, and roleplay, their own storylines!

PM me the ip if you would like me to join. If you dont want me to join, its alright as well. :3

We'd love to have you, but we need you to answer the questions in the first post! :o I can't add you without knowing stuff. The IP to the server will be given in Discord once you're accepted, so give us your answers, and we'll get you a Discord invite!

Last edited:
All right, Minecraft Junkies... we know you're out there!

If you aren't a Minecraft Junkie yet, maybe it's time to change that! Welcome to Monochrome, the whitelisted Minecraft server specifically for RPN members and their friends. Monochrome is a 1.7.10 server run by RPN members just like you who want a fun way to hang out and create something different together. We intend to keep it right here in the RPN community (but you can invite friends from outside RPN to join us!), making us a small server of people with similar interests. We hope that the server provides a creative new way to interact with friends... or make new ones!
Monochrome runs a fun, but computer-friendly, short list of mods in a modpack hosted on Technic. Here are some of the ones you might recognize!
  • Applied Energistics 2
  • Big Reactors
  • Blood Magic
  • Botania
  • EnderIO
  • ExtraUtilities
  • Forestry
  • Minefactory Reloaded
  • OpenBlocks
  • Thermal Dynamics
  • Tinkers Construct
In addition to these mods, the server is also running plugins that make for some fun features… but we won't spoil the surprise!

Though the server is still young, a lot has been accomplished to provide new players with a great world. Here are some of the things we've got going on:
  • Public facilities in and around spawn - including a basement workshop and storage room, a social area, and a large public farm - supply new players with a safe place to obtain the basic necessities (like food!).
  • A lighthouse will help explorers find their way back to the mainland on our mostly-ocean world.
  • A dueling arena provides the perfect place for players to test out their combat skills on equal footing.
And more is on the way! Looking forward, we're working on an arena where players can test their prowess against a variety of mobs. While still in the planning and testing stages, we hope to have a fun rewards system in place for the players who make it through each challenging wave of death, destruction, and arrows (because those are in a class all their own!).
We're always looking for suggestions for new things to try, so for those with great ideas for fun things to implement, Monochrome's staff is ready to listen. We can't promise that all suggestions will be implemented, but if it is fun, feasible, and favorable to both the server and its current player base, it may happen!

As Monochrome is a whitelisted server, we have a few basic rules that we expect all participants to follow. They are:
No cheating!
I'm sure we can all figure out what is cheatsy and what isn't, but in case you have a question about whether something is cheating or not, ask! If you cheat, the staff won't take it nicely, and you may find more than just your cheatsy progress undone. After all, a blanket undo isn't picky!(Rollbacks are vaguely inconsistent and very imprecise; they may undo more than intended. Don't risk it!)

No stealing!
Players on our server work hard for what they have, and while some players may have more than others, it's never OK to take what doesn't belong to you without the intention to return it or trade for it. Always get permission before taking someone else's items.(All conflicts will be settled through trial by combat at the dueling arena.)

No harassment!
Trolling is completely okay (as long as it's not public property!), but don't let it devolve into harassment. If you troll someone, and they politely ask you not to do so again, a second time will be considered harassment. Have fun… but not at the expense of someone else's fun.(Vandalism of public property is punishable by any number of unpleasant things, as determined by staff!)

Keep it clean!
We want this to be a fun experience for people of all ages. Everyone - young people and adults alike - should be able to enjoy the server without a lot of trash-talk, swearing, and lude or degrading comments. Best to leave such things unsaid on Monochrome.(This applies as much to Discord as it does to the Minecraft server.)

Interested? Let us know with a quick reply to this thread! Make sure you include the following information:
  • Minecraft Username (so we know who to whitelist!)
  • Discord Nickname (so we know you when you show up in chat!)
  • Your Time Zone (for friend-finding and troubleshooting!)
  • Do you like potatoes? (This may or may not be a trick question.)
  • On a scale from 1 to 10, how crazy for FUN are you? (Just because we can.)
My username is inferno_avenger
My discord is infernoavenger
My time zone is UTC/GMT -5 hours (Uhh, I guess that's how I write time zones? Never really payed much attention to it)
My opinion on potatoes is irrelevant. Also, let that sink in. He needs new pipe.
A solid -7.

My username is inferno_avenger
My discord is infernoavenger
My time zone is UTC/GMT -5 hours (Uhh, I guess that's how I write time zones? Never really payed much attention to it)
My opinion on potatoes is irrelevant. Also, let that sink in. He needs new pipe.
A solid -7.

Excellent! We need at least one sane person on this server.

Glad to have you! I'll get you whitelisted and shoot you a PM with the Discord link. Look forward to seeing you online!

• Username is Riveliur, and I don't use Discord
  • Time zone is Central
  • um, YES

Heya, Trombone! We'd love to have you, but you'll need Discord in order to keep up with updates and changes, important announcements, and technical support. Without that, you won't have the ability to communicate with the server's staff with any consistency. Staff is not on Minecraft 24/7, but at least one of us is in Discord at almost any hour.

If you're positive that you want try playing without staff support, start a private conversation with me! I'll give you some instructions on how to get started and see about getting you whitelisted.

Heya, Trombone! We'd love to have you, but you'll need Discord in order to keep up with updates and changes, important announcements, and technical support. Without that, you won't have the ability to communicate with the server's staff with any consistency. Staff is not on Minecraft 24/7, but at least one of us is in Discord at almost any hour.

If you're positive that you want try playing without staff support, start a private conversation with me! I'll give you some instructions on how to get started and see about getting you whitelisted.
Lemme rephrase lol, sorry, I have Discord but rarely use it. You'll find me under Rivel#1919

VERY INTERESTED!!!!!

Minecraft Username:
coolcat051

Discord Nickname:
TheHappyPikachu (Forgot my number thing, sorry!!)

Your Time Zone:
AWST

Do you like potatoes?
Yush. :3

On a scale from 1 to 10, how crazy for FUN are you?
10!?

VERY INTERESTED!!!!!

Minecraft Username:
coolcat051

Discord Nickname:
TheHappyPikachu (Forgot my number thing, sorry!!)

Your Time Zone:
AWST

Do you like potatoes?
Yush. :3

On a scale from 1 to 10, how crazy for FUN are you?
10!?

Excellent! Another crazy person like me! I need crazy company.

You'll find a PM with a discord link waiting in your conversation box. ;)

Excellent! Another crazy person like me! I need crazy company.

You'll find a PM with a discord link waiting in your conversation box. ;)
Tanks!! :3 How do I get the mods though? I have technic but is it a specific pack?

;) Instructions will be in that PM, too! Also, if you need help with it, I or my cohorts can help you in Discord with the setup.
Thanks!! Currently at school (Only second class lool halp me) But I'll get on later when I can lool!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back